The best pokemon you didn't know you had

aregularyoutuber

I'm probably going to sound like a noob for this but Gyarados. I actually forgot about Moxie, so my Magikarp was in my box for forever. I only recently trained it to my other teammate's level.

Scolipede learns Baton Pass? O.O *goes to train her Venipede* I have so many pokemon I want to train, now. T-T There's my shiny Swampert, shiny Mamoswine, Froslass, shiny Magnezone, Wobbuffet (for Destiny Bond, mostly), and now Scolipede. Ughhh lol.

• 3 months later...

Surprisingly, Seaking did the job for me against Blake. Just melt the ice with Heat Wave (In my case, Charles the Charizard), and have Seaking use Dive to take the battle into the sea. A bit dicey because of the water slowly draining fire type's health, but it's better than having to deal with Blizzard and the ice.

I kept a very consistent team througout the game with scrafty, gardevoir, sceptile, arcanine, crobat and pachirisu, the latter being swapped after Solaris for Flygon (which is an awesome pokemon). I trained a metagross for episode 14, and am now busy training mons for possible trainers that might kick me in the gonads if I don't (mainly due to field effects). (looking at ciel and amaria) So no, I don't have that much redeeming poke's. Cofagrigus was incedibily helpful against Solaris in another run, however (but that goddamn Abra...)

Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume

I always though that these pokemon weren't worth the time to train because they're so slow. But when I caught one in reborn it was really useful against florenia. it resists grass by 4 being Grass poison as well as learning Acid and the powders. Later on it gets toxic and giga drain as well as being able to learn sludge wave from a TM.

Two of my biggest surprises were my beautifly and arbok. I first grabbed my arbok because I needed a second mon to save the panpour on the bridge so I just grabbed the first one that I found. He turned out to be one of my powerhouses/badasses. He's played a critical role in every pulse machine battle. I'd to EV train him and shuffle around his moveset to keep him useful in the late game here, still not bad for grabbing a random mon off the street. As for my beautifly I never expected her to be as much of an early game powerhouse. I thought she'd be a support mon while my noibat would be the badass flying mon sweeping through everything that stood in her way but it was the opposite. True she hasn't done much since the normal gym but that beautifly was an absolute monster thanks to her wide moveset.

• Veterans

This?

My lord i didnt think Medicham or Pidgeot were that good before i used them in a run a few months back.Pidgeot single handedly anihilated Kiki somehow with Feather Dance making Medicham pathetic and then was Extremely helpfull against everyone else.Medicham is just a beast :P

• Administrators

Malamar! You have to hold your laptop upside down to evolve it!!!

please do not do this, i don't want to be responsible for broken laptops

q-q

Personally I've always found Swoobat to be a surprisingly good early game Pokemon. My most recent play-through definitely confirmed it, and I didn't even have Simple.

• Support Squad

RIP every pokemon in this thread, all of them shall be shuffled or have their encounter rate lowered.

Pachi is my bae though, you can cripple any early physical attacker with that charm or slow em down with T wave

Emolga. All of the Emolga. Nuzzle everything, then proceed with Double Team and Charge Beam, finish off with any other special move. Swept people like Taka and Corey all by herself.

Second, Swoobat. Calm Mind Simple Swoobat is a monster. A freaking monster. And if you don't have time to set up your Calm Minds? Revenge kill something with Charge Beam and profit from the insta +2 SpA.

I always had faith in Trubbish being good. I liked it since I saw that episode of Pokemon with Ash fighting Roxie and that Garbador SLAYING THA HOUSE DOWN.

But yes, Pachirisu, Emolga. Both so fast, Nuzzle/T-wave + Electro Ball slaying Serra's Cloyster and Lapras, The Slo- family in Vanhanen Castle, Aya's Tentracuel and Gengar, Corey's Screlp...

And don't forget Emolga's Acrobatics with Kiki and Samson.

For me it has to be my Skuntank, I never used one before as its movepool isn't that great until it learns Night Slash at 41, and because I struggled a lot with Stunky early-game I considered replacing it for another poison type.

But since the PULSE battle with ZEL and Taka it has gotten me out of so many tricky situations with Screech, Toxic and Slash, and when it evolved into Skuntank it was able to win me the battle with Shelly and defeat the lv 57 Beartic (Skuntank being lv 37) single-handedly after some setting up of my other pokes that it has definitely earned a spot on my team :)

Crawdaunt, bar none. I needed both Water and Dark on my team for a few encounters in the game, so Crawdaunt seemed to be the one I'd choose.

First one I caught, who's still part of my team, had both a Lonely nature and Adaptability. I had Adaptability Knock Off's and Crabhammers come through for me completely. Crawdaunt completely shit on Radomus' front porch.

Honestly, I love it. It has since become an HM slave for the water moves unfortunately, but it'll get a 21 gun salute once it's retired.

EDIT: Also, the Noivern I've trained from a Level 5 Noibat is starting to really break through for me; she was certainly the MVP against Charlotte. I didn't want to have to put Rain Dance on my team, so I opted to start off with Noivern and Excadrill: Two relatively quick pokemon, but I wanted to ensure I got Tailwind up so I could hopefully spam Earthquake. Low and behold, Tailwind nullifies the hot plate field.

Edited by Antilegend

Mine would be Gourgeist. I though they we're next to useless in X and Y. Finally used one in Reborn and DAMN WAS I WRONG! Access to a priority move, Will-o-wisp + Protect + Phantom Force, Seed Bomb, Leech Seed (always a favorite), surprisingly good bulk. Only gyms I didn't use her on was Luna and Charlotte. Every other gym she wreaked, even against Aya!

Kricketune I just caught for filler originally, but technician fury cutter turns him into an early game hero. I kept him around for a long time(i use accelgor now) and what can I say, the guy does some serious work. Reborn gave me a new respect for the guy.

Aromatisse was an act of desperation against shade since he made me change almost my entire team. I owned X so I had very limited experience with it and was originally going to use slurpuff. But I ended up going with aromatisse(a male I later named Fabulous) and it's insane how long he can last with some calm mind boosts and draining kiss + big root. That speed is becoming a hindrance now admittedly but he pulled his weight a lot mid-game.

Purugly...now before I had Meowth who was pretty good(it took on Flobot's cradily alone and WON) up till shade when I realized she wasn't cutting it anymore. I never used glameow's line before so I figured this will be the game, and she's surprised me with how useful she's been. A speedy hypnosis user helps a lot and fake out to score those cheap hits/sturdy breakers during doubles comes in handy. She's benched ever since badge 8 but I'm thinking about getting her back up to pace again after samson.

Mine would be Gourgeist. I though they we're next to useless in X and Y. Finally used one in Reborn and DAMN WAS I WRONG! Access to a priority move, Will-o-wisp + Protect + Phantom Force, Seed Bomb, Leech Seed (always a favorite), surprisingly good bulk. Only gyms I didn't use her on was Luna and Charlotte. Every other gym she wreaked, even against Aya!

Because Gourgeist on Reborn are always Super Size

The size meters :ph34r: