New Field Effects Making a Splash!

Amethyst

I completely missed this.

- because I think I recall Ame saying that all Legendaries will be post-game (probably behind those X doors)

o.o .... O.O Those doors would make so much sense if that was true! I see these things everywhere, including that Yureyu building and Shade's gym, and they just make me so mad, because they spark my curiosity and just never seem passable.

Edited by Dei

Nah, we gotta have Waterfall to get to Amaria, and to do that we need to battle Saphira After ALSO clearing up the meteor kerfuffle. Furthermore, Heather and Blake are in Saphiras town iirc, so we'll see them anyway.

erm hasn't already been confirmed that waterfall is in agate city?

Is the roots really that long to connect to the seafloor or logic has struck again?

Anyways, if burn doesn't cancel out once we're forced to go underwater then I ran out of logic. Good game.

Burn doesn't mean that you're on fire. Think what happens when you get burned in RL. The flesh is all charred and blackened, with lots of scarring-but it's not ACTUALLY on fire.

A few opinions on changes I'd like to see regarding the fields, based on logics and anime animations:

Water surface:

• Dive should not have changed it to underwater. User of dive is the one diving, not his opponent, nor have he dragged his opponent down with him (assuming opponent doesn't chase after him, which is usual). Dig functions the same
  • Dive last as long as the user does not choose it again, instead of 1 turn. Only the user takes all the effect of underwater field (including increased water pulse bp used)
  • -Surf/muddy water should be the ones which change it to underwater field. Surf=They summon waves of water to drown the opponent in anime
  • Seismic toss change the field to underwater field, and deal 1.5x the damage
  • Sleeping/frozen pokemon takes the effects of underwater field
  • Smackdown sends the opponent underwater. Basically the opposite side of dive
  • Ice beam changed the field to icy field, as seen in anime
  • Electric moves shall not miss. Water conducts electricity, get it?
  • Accuracy against underwater pokemon from the surface is reduced to 75% (except electric moves). Dive doesn't result in the semi-invulnerable turn like always. It instead put the user at underwater field's effect only
  • Contact moves used against underwater pokemon changes field to underwaterfield

Underwater:

• Dive/fly/magnet rise/bounce brings back only the user to the surface and enjoys all surface field effects. Effect stays as long as they are not used again.
  • Skydrop brings both user and opponent back to surface, ie change the field to water surface. Damage of skydrop factor in water type damage. (you throw a water type onto water surface, don't expect high damage. Opposite for fire)
  • Electric moves will not miss
  • Pokemon with levitate are unaffected by all effects of underwater field
  • Surf/muddywater deals half the damage
  • Pokemon not water type suffers 1/8 (weak to water) or 1/16 (neutral) damage each turn underwater. They can't breath, so the drop in vitality. Sleeping/Frozen pokemon takes double the original damage (unable to control themselves)
  • Freezing chances of moves becomes 100% (only move with initial freezing chances, even if it's 1%)
  • All rock type moves (except headsmash and smackdown) and moves affected by bulletproof ability deal additional water damage
  • Smackdown deals additional ground type damage
  • All physical moves used by non water/dragon type or non swimmer (including those mentioned in previous points) suffers 75% lost in power. Water drags
  • Accuracy against surface pokemon from underwater is increased to 1.5x
  • Contact moves used against surface pokemon changes field to underwaterfield
  • Solarbeam takes longer to charge
  • Frozen duration is halved. Water thaws too

Electric moves hits all opponent and ally in double battle

I'll add on if I have time to think of others.

I really think that custom field effects are nice ideas, but a lot of work have to be put into thoughts and brainstorming if you really wanna make it effective.

It's like Ame said earlier about creativity with manipulating fields. I would have used seismic toss on a surface Blissey to go underwater and heal up those damages stalling, or would have magnet rise my slowed down underwater Electrode to spam electric moves .

Edited by jrookie

A few opinions on changes I'd like to see regarding the fields, based on logics and anime animations:

Water surface:

• Dive should not have changed it to underwater. User of dive is the one diving, not his opponent, nor have he dragged his opponent down with him (assuming opponent doesn't chase after him, which is usual).
  • Dive last as long as the user does not choose it again, instead of 1 turn. Only the user takes all the effect of underwater field (including increased water pulse bp used)
  • Sleeping/frozen pokemon takes the effects of underwater field
  • Smackdown sends the opponent underwater. Basically the opposite side of dive
  • -Surf/muddy water should be the ones which change it to underwater field. Surf=They summon waves of water to drown the opponent in anime
  • Seismic toss change the field to underwater field, and deal 1.5x the damage
  • Electric moves shall not miss. Water conducts electricity, get it?
  • Accuracy against underwater pokemon is reduce to 75% (except electric moves)
  • Contact moves used against underwater pokemon changes field to underwaterfield

Underwater:

• Dive/fly/magnet rise brings back only the user to the surface and enjoys all surface field effects. Effect stays as long as dive is not used again.
  • Skydrop brings both user and opponent back to surface, ie change the field to water surface. Damage of skydrop is halved if opponent is water type. (you throw a water type onto water surface, don't expect high damage)
  • Electric moves will not miss
  • Pokemon with levitate are unaffected by all effects of underwater field
  • Surf/muddywater deals have the damage
  • Pokemon not water type suffers 1/8 (weak to water) or 1/16 (neutral) damage each turn underwater. They can't breath, so the drop in vitality. Sleeping/Frozen pokemon takes double the original damage (unable to control themselves)
  • Freezing chances of moves becomes 100% (only move with initial freezing chances, even if it's 1%)
  • All rock type moves (except headsmash and smackdown) and moves affected by bulletproof ability deal additional water damage
  • Smackdown deals additional ground type damage
  • All physical moves used by non water/dragon type or non swimmer (including those mentioned in previous points) suffers 50% lost in power. Water drags
  • Accuracy against surface pokemon is increased by 1.5
  • Contact moves used against surface pokemon changes field to underwaterfield

Cool stuff but those fields would become (too) OP (like the fields i suggested before ^_^)

where is the OP-ness?

Because every Pokemon (except water of course) is practically dead in those fields (damage every turn, moves missing, moves at half power, freezing 100%, exc...) but i would agree with some of those changes

Because every Pokemon (except water of course) is practically dead in those fields (damage every turn, moves missing, moves at half power, freezing 100%, exc...) but i would agree with some of those changes

Move does not miss unless your opponent is underwater and you are above, makes sense. And this happens in anime a lot (Ash: Hide underwater!!)

Okay, maybe not half, 75%. Amended. Still, you have special moves. Any team or roosters without special attackers should suffer a bit, not that they can get to this point of Reborn anyway

As for the freezing, maybe only freezes for half the duration? Water helps to thaw too. You could very well be defrosted right after frozen with this implemented

Oh, and DOT is only 1/16. Leftover solves this. Not that you're gonna use fire/rock pokemon underwater anyway

Edited by jrookie

Move does not miss unless your opponent is underwater and you are above, makes sense. And this happens in anime a lot (Ash: Hide underwater!!)

Okay, maybe not half, 75%. Amended. Still, you have special moves. Any team or roosters without special attackers should suffer a bit, not that they can get to this point of Reborn anyway

As for the freezing, maybe only freezes for half the duration? Water helps to thaw too. You could very well be defrosted right after frozen with this implemented

Oh, and DOT is only 1/16. Leftover solves this. Not that you're gonna use fire/rock pokemon underwater anyway

How should i say this? first thing is that it's not up to me or you to decide on the matter of fields but Ame so this "discussion" will not change anything (probably). Second thing: this is a game not an Anime don't use the same logic for both. Third: Leftovers? In Reborn? Very funny

How should i say this? first thing is that it's not up to me or you to decide on the matter of fields but Ame so this "discussion" will not change anything (probably). Second thing: this is a game not an Anime don't use the same logic for both. Third: Leftovers? In Reborn? Very funny

Yep. I completely understand, hence i said it's just an opinion.

You got the 2nd thing wrong dear.The implementation of field effects is in fact, very much originated from the field controlling strategy present in various episodes of the anime

Lastly, I have quite a few of them. It wasn't that hard to train a few Linoones to 76 and spam rare candies which is obtained at this level too to 91.

You got the 2nd thing wrong dear.The implementation of field effects is in fact, very much originated from the field controlling strategy present in various episodes of the anime

Lastly, I have quite a few of them. It wasn't that hard to train a few Linoones to 76 and spam rare candies which is obtained at this level too to 91.

1) I didn't get it wrong i know from what it originated the fact is you can't have the same "liberty/variety of action" in a game, too much variables some of which are difficult/impossible to implement

2) That is actually the only way to obtain some and you need lv 91 Pokemon with Pick Up (several of them in fact) not everyone is up to the task (and have the patience to do it) i was talking about obtaining one "legally" playing the game and for now there aren't.