Fire Emblem On The Forums: Excalibur Arena [IC]

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

It takes a few minutes for Owena to make her way back to Nicolos, and a little longer to make sure she's not being tailed in the process, but she finally arrives there nonetheless. Approaching, she takes another careful look around to ensure that they're alone or, at the least, in trusted company, before shrugging her hood back off again.

nE1E6e3.png

"Nicolos. We...we've probably got trouble. I'm pretty sure Rosanne and her agents are here looking for Lancelot, too."

There's a short pause before she begins staring downwards at the ground. "I...know that because my sister is among them. And given how firmly she's placed herself on Rosanne's side, where she goes it's likely her agents aren't far behind. Hey, um...I need you to listen, okay? My sister...it'll probably be hard to miss her. She has blue hair, blue scales like mine and horns. I'm telling you this because I don't want anyone to hurt her if it comes to a confrontation. If she won't get out of our way then I'll handle her, but...don't hurt her. Please."

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a while of listening, Mercia sighed; it seemed she wasn't going to be getting anywhere, then. She returns to Rosanne after a while, just staying completely silent and trying to hide her crestfallen face as she tried to get her mojo back.

Candide couldn’t help but smile at Rosanne’s saying that he had a knightly air about him — that was something he truly appreciated.

cLXDy87.png

Thank you very much, my Queen. I am twenty-four years of age, for reference.

He frowned, though, at something else she said.

rn4gRGF.png

Hmm, is that all of us...? The exact phrasing that I heard was —and please pardon me for repeating this, Your Majesty— ‘why is that black-haired bitch asking about Lancelot?’ It sounds like all of the women of this group in fact have quite brightly-colored hair. ...I wonder if perhaps we are not the only ones here for Lancelot the Black.

Rossane_2.0.png

Rosanne smiled at Blodeuyn and pat her shoulder reassuringly. "It does indeed seem like the people of this village are rude to strangers." The Queen considers Candide's words, pressing on them. She closed her eyes and got up from the tree stump, she unsheathed excalibur and looked to her companions. "I have a bad feeling about this. We're going into the village, gather the others at once. I believe the usurper has found us."

---

zRxa0Ts.png

"The Queen? She's here?!" Nicolos got up from his resting spot against a tree. His hand tightened around the hilt of his sword, and his face started to go red with rage. However, he calmed down a moment after and said; "No harm will come to your sister if it can be helped. I'll trust you to deal with her. Vivianne, gather everyone. We're going to end this war right here with a single blow."

---

Naturally the two groups marched towards the center of town. And at the center was the fountain it was famous for, with the statue of Lance Moss. To the north was the town hall a fairly large building. They arrived at roughly the same time, and locked eyes. No word were exchanged, no pleasantries or body language. Both drew their swords, Nicolos' blade vividly burning with an immense flame, and Rosanne's rapier gleaming with icicles floating around it. 

Rossane_2.0.png

"If we win this day, we'll finally bring peace to the Kingdom. We'll bring house Moss to the fold, and focus on the Tsukiochi threat. I ask of you, if you bear any love for this country fight alongside me." She told her companions. Rosanne's heart beat fast under her armor but she held herself tall and proud. Her weapon raised up, and her legs stood firm. This was for her country; and it would finally truly prove her worthy to rule. 

zRxa0Ts.png

"The path to peace and prosperity starts with the end of the tainted Pendragon bloodline. Friends, lend me your strength! There is a lot to fix in this kingdom, and this is our first step. Let's make it a good one"  Nicolos held his sword forward. It took almost all he had to keep himself from charging at her right now, but that would be rash and stupid. He drew a deep breath to calm himself; he wasn't alone. His companions would help him.

Turn 1:

Screen_Shot_2019-05-30_at_00.05.38.png

Glacius Victory: Nicolos is reduced to 0 HP

Infernus Victory: Rosanne is reduced to 0 HP

Cheat Sheet:

Infernus:

Arissell (HP: 22/22) - Wind (34/40) | Fire (40/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Brinda (HP: 21/21) - Worm (38/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Galen (HP: 22/22) - Slim Sword (37/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Juliett (HP: 20/20) - Slim Lance (37/40) | Vulnerary (2/3) |

Nicolos (HP: 23/23) - Excalibur Infernus (--/--) | Vulnerary (2/3)

Owena (HP: 23/23) - Hatchet (29/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Vivianne (HP: 21/21) - Heal (24/30) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Glacius:  

Blodeuyn (HP: 19/19) - Worm (34/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Candide (HP: 20/20) - Artemis’ Song (15/15) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Gwyn (HP: 22/22) - Hatchet (37/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Lucan (HP: 18/18) - Heal (25/30) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Mercia (HP: 19/19) - Lightning (31/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Neve (HP: 18/18) - Training Bow (36/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Rosanne (HP: 18/18) - Excalibur Glacius (--/--) | Vulnerary (2/3)

[Infernus Phase]

Mercia tried to keep her calm as the enemy approached, and she felt every hair on her head stand on her head, her body prickling all over with anxiety as for the first time, she was faced with their enemies. There he was; that man that people for some reason think would be a fit ruler for the kingdom, despite his warmongering strategies. Mercia didn't know him personally... but she wanted to take him down. She couldn't believe in someone who wanted the throne for himself so badly as to stage an uprising with the mask of wanting what was best for the people... he has no evidence to prove his worth of the throne besides a sword Rosanne already had after proving herself worthy of the throne. It was a bunch of bullshit; how can he barely even give Rosanne a chance? He definitely did not have good intentions... it was time for her to prove herself after her blunder.

...Her heart stopped as she looked over the enemies. That person in the green cloak... It was the same person she talked to, there was no doubt about it; same shade of green and everything. Mercia's blood ran cold; had she tipped her off to the enemies? Had she really been that stupid as to make them wonder if there was something wrong all on her own? No... No, it couldn't be right! They had no proof that she worked with Rosanne; she didn't say a word about herself as Rosanne, she just was asking an innocent question!

She grit her teeth. How dare that person say they wanted everything over soon when they were the ones causing it to go on in the first place? How dare they toy with her sentiments and make her start questioning herself? She wasn't going to question herself anymore; this was the path she was leading and nothing could change her mind!

wBk2z54.png

"Lady Rosanne, I... I may not be a match for Nicolos quite like you, but... but please rate my prowess fairly! I won't let you down, no matter what!"

Galen silently gazes across the fountain at their opponents -- Rosanne and her company. It was strange to see the would-be queen for the first time. She somehow looked both just as he had expected and completely different. Perhaps it was the hair. The people standing with her were, of course, mysteries. There was a man with a staff, and another one wearing armor but seemingly carrying no weapon on him. The first was obviously a healer, but what was the second there for, moral support? It seemed Rosanne had brought two young women with her as well. Galen couldn't quite tell their ages, but he didn't exactly figure them as old enough to be fighting in a war. Shameful of that woman to bring teenagers into the conflict with her. All the more reason to end it quickly... but it would be difficult to fight them. 

And then there was the last person, a short figure riding atop an uncomfortably familiar beast . . .

dppAFlU.png

"Impossible... Rosanne brought a child to fight with her!?" he says aloud. That cemented why they were looking for a knight earlier, but the thought of someone so young risking their life for the Pendragon was incomprehensible. She claimed to want to be better than her father, and then turned around and employed child soldiers in her personal retinue. The disconnect was astounding.

82gq7KG.png

"Sir Nicolos-- no, everyone: we must be extremely careful in this fight. It seems the future queen" - one can almost taste the contempt in his voice - "has some very young people on her side. I doubt they fully understand what they were getting into when they signed on; I would even wager that Pendragon has used a fair bit of coercion to get them here.  We need to make sure not to seriously wound any of them. They don't deserve the same as her."

With his concerns voiced, the mage shifts the grip he has on his rapier and begins to advance alongside Arissell. 

Galen moves to [N, 10].

Well, that happened fast.

Juliett finds herself in the town center, staring down the Queen's forces across the fountain, and it's all just very abrupt. Wait, they're going to— Here?— Now? Shit. What happened to looking for Lancelot?

Pulling herself into the saddle, she rubs her temple, peering up through the fringe of her bangs at the enemy, listening to the Queen's call to arms and then Nicolos'. It sounds like both sides think they're in the right; both sides think they're acting for the greatest good of the country, and both sides think they're more worthy than the other. Looks like she'll have to keep a close eye on this conflict.

Juliett_done_talk.png

"Okay, sure, why the hell not," she mutters with a sigh under her breath.

N9.

Ari looked over when Galen made a fuss and visibly brightened.

NIBLZUG.png

"Oh hey! I would know that wyvern anywhere! It's Gwyn! Awesome! I've totally got to kick their butt this time, show them how much I've learned! They won't see it coming!"

A grimace falls over her face as Owena looks over their combatants on the battlefield--the Pendragon and assorted cronies, as expected, but she didn't expect someone quite so...young on the enemy's team. Then again, thinking about it she doesn't put it too far past Rosanne--if she's willing to use her sister to get what she wants, then what's taking it that step further to her? Speaking of, her gaze fixates on Mercia, standing across the fountain, her sister's gaze turning hard and determined on sight of her. Well...she can't really blame her for that, she supposes. A sinking feeling grows in her gut and a pain shoots through her heart as it starts to fully sink in--they're going to have to fight. Truth be told, she'd hoped she could manage to help end this conflict without ever having to confront her sister...but in retrospect, it makes sense that Rosanne would keep the one Dragonborn supporter she had around as often as possible. To help explain, 'Why, I can't possibly be racist--I have a Dragonborn friend here, you see.'

MMPrPHt.png

Her head turns slightly to address the other members of her group, low enough that the other side couldn't hear. "There's something else you should know. The dragonborn in their group...she's my sister. I...I'd appreciate it if you didn't hurt her, if possible. She's just...she's misguided. If she won't get out of the way then I'll deal with it." Her eyes turn to the ground for a few moments before she adds on, voice cracking a little, "Please."

Owena to L10.

Nicolos to M10.

Vivi to N11.

Brinda to L11.

CUTE_HAT.png

Vivianne sighed as she saw Blodeuyn on the other side. Of course she'd be fighting for Rosanne, Merlin must have set her to it. "Please watch out for the green haired girl too. She doesn't know any better either." Vivi said, untheatrically. 

Cheat Sheet: 

Infernus: 

Glacius:   

Candide (HP: 20/20) - Artemis’ Song (15/15) | Vulnerary (3/3) 

Gwyn (HP: 22/22) - Hatchet (37/40) | Vulnerary (3/3) 

[Glacius Phase]

7Q3YCxs.png

Nicolos lets out a sigh,  "Focus on your own safety before the enemy's. I understand that you may have close ties to some of them but don't let your sentimentality hinder you. I don't want to see anyone dying over hesitation."

Gwyn slung themselves over Gaheris's neck, landing adroitly in the saddle - a thing that seemed to be scavenged together and odd as the pair that made use of it - before Gaheris took off. A familiar face stuck out to the wyvern rider as he got an aerial view of the square.

DYxTnhW.png

"Gaheris, do you see what I see?" The wyvern rumbled in what might have been an affirmative. "That's gotta be Arissell! I'm gonna kick Ari's butt, 'cause I'm still the strongest half-fae in Tameloc! Let's go!" This time, the wyvern roared, a powerful sound in deep contrast to the lizard's earlier demeanor. "That's right! Bad guys beware, we're coming for you!"

F10

Blodeuyn_t.png

Running up Blodueyn saw a very familiar looking hat in the back line of Nicolos' group "I found you Big sister Vivienne! Don't worry I'll beat up the NIckles guy for seducing you with his wiles and then we can go back home and you can apologize to Master Merlin!" She called out excitedly at the sight of Vivienne.

Blodeuyn Moves to G10 

“Careful guys; we can’t underestimate them.” Neve said as she double checked her bow and moved up. This was the first contact with the rebels. She took a deep breath. She wouldn’t fail. 

G11

Candide would have rolled his eyes if he had them -- directly in the middle of the town square? Was that really necessary? It was a dramatic locale, to be sure, but seemed like a path to wholly unneeded damage.

The first words Candide had been planning to say died on his lips at Blodeuyn's words, the blind knight faltering for a moment in awkward confusion. But he began to speak afterwards, creating a poem intentionally loud enough for Nicolos and his followers to hear.

cLXDy87.png

"It's at Swampmill we fight,

so, Gwyn, let your axe bite!

Today we start to see through

war for whose claim is true.

The queen, the only one

who did what must be done?

Or he who raised his head

but once the king was dead?

I've fought two things in my life.

Bandits, robbing by knife

and nobles starting war

for naught else but power!

You are not one but both,

both things I've learned to loathe.

I've felt the pain these cause,

I'll fight them without pause!"

Candide to F11, use Artemis' Song on Gwyn.

Turn 2

Screen_Shot_2019-06-09_at_11.54.01.png

Cheat Sheet:

Infernus: 

Glacius:   

Candide (HP: 20/20) - Artemis’ Song (14/15) | Vulnerary (3/3) 

Gwyn (HP: 22/22) - Hatchet (37/40) | Vulnerary (3/3) Artemis Song (2/3)

[Infernus Phase]

• 2 weeks later...

Juliett_talk.png

"Wait, did that guy just recite slam poetry?"

It was a comment in the form of a rhetorical question, spoken more to herself than anyone else as she pulls Iba up into the air to head north over the water.

Juliett_happy_talk.png

"... That's pretty legit."

M4.

5h97WHE.png

"I was never really one for poetry myself, honestly, so I'll take your word," She starts to reply before Juliett heads off over the water.

"...If he really thinks she's not gonna be more of the same shit her dad was the second she takes the throne, though, then I got a few vials of cure-all snake oil to sell him." She continues before moving forwards. 

Owena to M9.

Brinda moves to K9

Vivianne moves to N10

Nicolos moves to L10

[Glacius Phase]

Screen_Shot_2019-06-24_at_15.01.48.png

Infernus: 

Glacius:   

Candide (HP: 20/20) - Artemis’ Song (14/15) | Vulnerary (3/3) 

Gwyn (HP: 22/22) - Hatchet (37/40) | Vulnerary (3/3) Artemis Song (2/3)

5CoweGT.png

Did that little girl accuse him of seducing Vivi and is that man trying to dis him through poetry? What kind of people is that princess hiring? He didn't know whether to be angered, impressed or a bit of both.

B2uuglU.png

"Hey, Juliett, who's side are you on anyways? Don't egg on the enemy."