Jump to content
StormLord

[IC] TotM:DC "Terraria: A fresh start"

Recommended Posts

The Weatherlight

 

Shortly after finishing his training in the gym things happened, people left, and before he knew it Leo was standing in the power room of the Weatherlight, the only person onboard, waiting as it flew through the void toward an unknown destination.

 

The Weatherlight begins slowing down, which is a relief to Leo until he hears a loud tearing sound and the Weatherlight appears, mostly stationary, floating in an evening sky.  Upon climbing to the control room he finds himself surrounded with clouds above and below, the sun setting in the distance, casting reds, purples, pinks, oranges, and yellows across the sky.  Through the patchwork clouds below he catches faint glimpses of lush forest.



 

The Magic School Bus

 

Having dropped Frigus, Mirri, Lilly, Proditor, and Harry to various fates the rest of the crew finds the bus piloting itself(yet again) to a place unknown.  After a few minutes of travel it started to slow, then with a loud tearing noise followed by the windows opening, they appeared high in the sky above a loose patchwork of clouds that failed to hide the nigh endless ocean below.  The bus propelled itself forward at high speed towards a distant island, with several groups of little brown specks on the ocean between here and there.

With the rate at which they were moving it looked like it would take a little under an hour to reach the island.  The sun could be seen starting to hang low in the sky, they wouldn't have much daylight once they did reach the island.

Edited by StormLord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, Satomi popped up from where she’d been sorrowfully sunk down between the tops of the seats in front and behind of her — because the small samurai was so short, she had been practically invisible unless you had a direct line of sight to her seat. She looked plenty miserable, still, but she wasn’t having an abject panic attack, at the least. Indeed, she was just kind of glumly looking out the window. 

 

Not that she could see absolutely anything out of it, of course; with her vision being how it unfortunately was, everything as far away as the surface of the planet was was a completely indistinct blur. At least she could tell that they were approaching something, even if she couldn’t tell anything about it other than... well, maybe it was the ocean, that was a lot of blue.

 

Still, the fact that they were approaching anything at all told her that it was time to put an end to her absolutely shameful behavior, and that she had spent more than enough time just moping over things. Julie was gone, yes, and it was a tragedy, but no Crab worth their mon would ever just let a loss stop them from doing their job, and Satomi would make sure that, though she was a poor excuse for a samurai, she didn’t sink THAT low. So she sat up straight, straightened her daisho on her obi, and spoke with a sigh. ”...right. Time to get ready to do my Duty again, whatever it may be... wherever this may be, anyway.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leo looks around the deck of the Weatherlight for its control system. Stepping into the circle, bringing up the controls in his mind

"Neat"  Looking around at the clouds and lush spots below he gives a little whistle. "Wow great view up here."

 

"Leo. what are you doing?"

"Well i need to figure out how this thing works"

"Leo this is not the time to be pushing random-"

The ship tilts a little, then back, it speeds up for a moment before slowing back down. then it rotates a somewhat worrying amount, but leo corrects it quickly.

"So that's pitch, speed, and roll. Lets see if i can figure out how to land it" Leo seems to be both quite interested in how this ship works, and also enjoying himself.

"Leo if you crash this thing i will murder you in your sleep"

"Just relax"

 

As he looks for nice flat areas to touch down he notes a cloud moving oddly out of sync with the rest, and decides to give it a pass as he heads down.

Then it starts moving towards the Weatherlight, turning dark

 

"Nope. Not messing with that"

He makes to turn away from the thing, but flips the wrong lever and makes the ship list, sending the Weatherlight spiraling towards the massive cloud. It has eyes now, and a mouth. crackling with lighting reaching with its cloudy arms to grab hold of the ship. Its massive, bigger then the Weatherlight itself.

 

"NOPE"

"DAMMIT LEO!"

Leo quickly corrects his mistake and turns away. Then manages to drop the Weatherlight through the cloud bank much faster, as he scrambles to find a weapon system or something. Avoiding the monster's swipe.

 

The Weatherlight is hit with some corrosive fluid, but the warnings that are brought up to leo's attention are minor. its nothing the hull cant take. the acidic matter rolling off.

 

Then he spots something.

 

"Man made clearing. I'm bringer her down there"

 

He moves away from the cloud monster, and heads down. Hopefully it wont follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alyssa looks around, very confused as other people leave the bus. Once it seems like no one else is going to be leaving, she asks the remaining few, 

"Does this sort of thing happen often?"

A rhetorical question, but she walks towards the front of the bus and takes a look outside, seeing the vast ocean, presumably teeming with life. The only people left on the bus seem to be the three that were arguing, Jun, and another that she didn't know. Whatever was about to happen certainly was not going to be pleasant.

Edited by Irbsandcheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucille sat to herself near the front of the bus, arms crossed and a scowl fixed on her face as she sloughed in the seat. Her pets had sensed the girl's frustrations, and for the time being had seen fit to give her a wide berth, instead busying themselves staring out the windows at the miles upon miles of ocean zipping by. 

 

Only after losing all meaningful access to it, did she even realize how much of a second nature calling on her beasts sight had been. Even now, she had to fight the ingrained habit to just jack into their eyes, lest she become sick from the resulting pantheon of mixed gastatory and olafactory signals it would trigger. It wasn't the two independant parts of the response that made her churn, no, rather it was the random, and oft times vile resultant combination of them that did... and try to weed them out for the past few hours though she had, it had been no use. Each time she had to stop before what little she had in her ended up on the floor. 

      Surprisingly, Do seemed to have almost instinctively picked up on the shift, whereas the dragons and the other creatures were still perplexed. Stuck close to her even with the mood she was in, and after she'd tried scrying through their eyes a few times and failed miserably, the part of herself bond to him had slowly begun to change how it sent the information. Cropped it down, stopped giving direct feedback and instead sending smaller, simpler signals, much like summaries. The cat saw what needed to be seen, she made the request to know, and the bond itself seemed to be filling in the gaps of what the cat knew to answer with. She'd tried it with a few of the others, and though it still felt rough and rather roundabout... it was better than nothing.

     "Pig fucking, megalomaniacal bastard...." She muttered under her breath "How the hell he could even manage something like this....how long was I out there? How long has it been since that night?" Obviously, much, much too long. She'd figured years, but well.... Didn't matter. He had struck a blow he would regret, that she much she would make certain of. But she could do nothing from here, nothing for the time being... 

 

"Meeeerow?" Do idly mused as he rummaged through her satchel. She didn't even bother telling him to stop when she heard him scouring inside. Finally though, he brought his head back out, dragging something out with curiosity so intense, she could practically feel it pulsing off him. 

     "What?" she muttered. All she got in response was a few snippets of information- namely the fact that what he now toyed with in his paws was round, smelled nice, like food almost...

 

She only had one thing in there that could qualify as potential "food". She focused her breathing and her mind, expanding her senses and briefly scanning what Do had found with her mind's eye...

     "NO." she said, taking it from him as he mrowed in protest. Giving up and knowing full well there was nothing he could do, the cat settled back down begrudgingly, still eyeing the pearly fruit.

 

"Hmmmm.... thats right, I never did get around to properly examining this. Oh well, got nothing to do now..."

Lucille Scrys the Silverwood Apple!

Spoiler

(92) The apple is extremely magical, it has major purification, protective, and healing properties.


There are between 1 and 3 seeds in each carpel and 5 carpels, if planted alone the seeds have a 5% chance to grow a sapling, if planted with a piece of the fruit they have a 15% chance to grow a sapling, and planting the whole apple guaranties a sapling(barring complications).
The young trees feed off of magical energy collecting it and using it to accelerate their growth, given enough magical energy they will purify it and store it in a "Pure node" at the heart of the tree for later use.  Much like other plants store water.
If planted in a particularly magical place and given enough time the tree will begin altering nearby plant/animal life causing it to take on similar appearance and properties.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Weatherlight:
 

With a thunderous clap the "arms" of the cloud monster slam together, though it doesn't seem interested in following the Weatherlight any lower.

Leo manages(somehow) to stick the landing in the clearing.

The stumps of large trees litter the ground around the clearing though several seem to be burnt out.  Almost immediately Leo notices strange blue, green, and purple gelatinous creatures bouncing around aimlessly.  He witnesses one of the creatures who has managed to catch itself a rabbit, or what was once a rabbit and is now a half digested lump of meat.

 

The Magic School Bus:

With little activity inside the bus made it's way toward the island, slowly it got larger and larger.  At one point as the bus overtook the small brown specks their true nature was revealed, dozens of boats far below sailing straight towards the island.  Blue, purple, and green skinned beings in many sizes, shapes, and descriptions all with an air of barbarism and violence about them.  Several ships held massive lumbering beasts that barely even fit on them and could likely be used to bring down entire buildings with a couple swipes.

 

The bus sped on though, it would reach the island in due time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Satomi leaned against the glass of the window as the interdimensional bus swept down over the ocean, and at the significantly closer distance, the scene below was visible in far clearer detail. ...That is to say that instead of a gigantic, completely indistinguishable blue blur, it was a gigantic, halfway-indistinguishable blur dotted with brown shapes that were still a bit fuzzy but were of the approximate size and shape to be ships... and in that case, a LOT of ships. There were other-colored blurs on the ships too, which Satomi couldn’t identify at all, though some of them were quite massive. ”Those things on the ships... does anyone know what they are?” Satomi hoped that this was interpreted as a request for clarification on the things themselves, whatever they might be, rather than any sort of admission of her poor vision.

Edited by Powder Miner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arminius looks down on the ships.

"Large beasts and native peoples it looks like. Perhaps they're goblins or orcs? It would match the general tribal theme and the skin colorings."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calvera looks out the window, down at the ships. She notes the figures aboard, but remains silent, still upset about earlier, but calming down. A whole new world... joy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leo exits the ship, Frostbrute in tow, And looks around, keeping an eye on the slimes in case any of them decide he looks like lunch.

"If this place is any indication, there are probably people relatively nearby..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Landing site:

Leo would notice that shortly after he and Frostbrute climbed out of the Weatherlight all of the slimes in the area scattered, fleeing into the rocks and forest.  At the same time he would note that the final traces of the sun had dipped below the horizon and darkness was rapidly falling over the area.  A path could be found that crossed the center of the clearing, with one end heading deeper into the forest and towards the coast and the other up towards the mountains.

(74) Leo stumbles across several(4) bright orange and yellow mushrooms, they smell sweat.

Before Leo could take any serious action he heard a loud noise, like the sound of an engine roaring and before long he could see a great light in the distant sky, heading straight for the clearing.

 

The Magic School Bus:

The crew in the bus watched for several more minutes as they passed the ships, then the outlying islands, and then over the main island itself.  By this point the sun could only barely been seen in the sky, even from this high up.  The bus automatically turned on its headlights and started to slow for a final descent.

A "fasten seat belts" sign flashed and the bus began it's own landing procedures, it seemed to be heading for a fairly small clearing in the woods in which a large wooden and metal skyship could be seen parked with two humanoid figures milling about on the ground.

The bus lands with relative ease and the doors open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leo takes note of the roar of the engine only a short moment after snow, who used frostbrute's eyes to see it from her position on leo's waist

"Unknown craft incoming"
"I see it"

He considered using some ice fire as a signal flare, but that could also be interpreted as an attack. It seemed a moot point however, as the craft seemed to be heading towards the clearing. This also rendered the point of SHOULD he signal them a moot point, as weather or not the craft was hostile, it was on its way.

 

Given his unfamiliarity with the area, lack of any obvious places to hide, and the possibility he had already been seen he decided running or hiding was also pointless.
So he may as well be prepared for a possible fight, But hopefully they were friendly. Might even have information on where they were.

"Frostbrute. Ignite."

Frostbrute stands up straighter and after a moment, snow begins to spew from its exhaust.

 

Once the bus has landed and its doors open, leo waits for someone to come out. Standing in plain sight next to his much larger mechanical creation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arminius steps off the bus. With wave he speaks to Leo. He doesn't have a minion out yet since the man isn't exactly intimidating. 

"You from around here?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arminius nods. He looks around a bit before turning back to Leo.

"Did you see any civilization on the way here? Because it looks like we're just in the middle of a forest."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I chose to land here precisely because i noted that the clearing is clearly manmade. See how all the stumps are cut?"

Snow starts projecting her avatar

"Speaking of, I hope you can figure out how to get this thing back off the ground."

"Cant be that hard. I landed it didn't i?"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arminius nods again. He looks around before speaking.

"Well, looks like we're waiting on someone then. Unless the multiverse decided to drop us off and let us figure it out ours selves..."

Arminius looks up to see where the sun is in the sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kusuke stepped outside of the bus, stretching out a bit. At some point, he'd changed from his initial hoodie (now in less-than-pristine condition) to one that was a bright red. The front had only a single symbol, a Japanese character in a blue circle. The back had a stylized design of some samurai-like warrior, all in black and white, with a blade that seemed to be nearly as tall as he was. "Can we try not to piss off everyone we meet in this world this time?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I figure if you aren't coming back in time to stop me then I'm not doing to poorly."

Arminius snarks at Kusuke. He looks around before sighing.

"That was rude. Sorry."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"ohh? What's this i hear about time" 
If this guy was serious and the one in the hoodie did indeed have some sort of time related abilities, technology or magic, he definitely wanted to take a look at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"This place is beautiful, quite lively. Though the scenery is not the only thing around worth looking at." Alyssa looks at the two hoodie wearing teenagers and extends her hand to each of them. "Pleasure to meet you. I do not believe we have gotten the chance to formally meet. I am Alyssa and the both of you need my help with some design choices."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, hoodies are not what you need to be wearing in this kind of place. Nerd chic? Absolutely, but this is not the time nor place for that 'mid 1990's genius' vibe you have going on. The color scheme can stay, similar to mine, but I need to change it anyway soon. Maybe a suit, no something more casual, but not too casual, or something more epic, adventuring garb, keep with the light blues and white, maybe add an occasional splash of black with that, in this climate probably cotton, nothing synthetic except maybe around the edges,  " She starts to twirl a paintbrush in her hand and ramble about color schemes and the advantages and disadvantages of silk and whether or not brown should have any part in this new outfit. She stops after a few seconds and looks up at the newcomer again. "I do not believe I caught your name. Alyssa in case I failed to say so before."

Edited by Irbsandcheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Its leo. And I like my current attire...."

He crosses his arms and seems to consider it more.
"Although...i suppose it would be nice to have more then one outfit. Oh! if you going to design clothes, could you design some for snow's new drone?"
"Fix the drone, before you try to decorate it."

Edited by Endlessblaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×