[OOC: READ FIRST] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden^2 (Accepting Signups)

Chevaleresse

Oh i see, tbh, i have no idea how this works, i just copy someones OC here, jam in my edited BS here and there and presto: you have my messy char. I never got to the FE fever around here.I will consult him if he's online. Thanks for your input. Btw what's AP?

AP is short for action points; you need two to create a new action (or skill if that's what you're calling it), and 1 to level up an old one; you get 1 point of AP per level, and actions that you gain by spending a perk does not need AP to gain; you probably should read the character sheet guide in the first page; although the RP is getting a little crowded what with all of the Offense oriented characters running around; good luck with your character building :)

Edit: You should probably reduce your weapon's damage to something less ridicolous like 1d8+DEX or 1d12+DEX since you only have ten shots with it? that seems a bit weak.

Edited by Cronos5010
  • Upvote 2

The rifle's too heavy for 1d6. About 3 STR should do.

Also, the silencing move deals quite a lot of damage considering it inflicts quite a strong status effect. I'd suggest removing either INT, DEX or reducing the weapon die.

There's probably more, but Murdoc's got it on a better handle than I do.

Azrael's rifle's damage needs to be a lot higher if you're giving it an 8 STR penalty; lower the penalty to something like 3 STR and hike the damage up to 1d8 + DEX to balance your character; especially since you have 0 STR and a positive STR penalty gives you a malus to your initiative; which means that your character is fragile and slow; which is odd since you have 5+1d20 Initiative which I am assuming means that you're aiming for a hit and run type character; maybe you should just make your regular bullets infinite? since it just seems like your bullet drop rate is too low to make up for it and we don't want to make it too complex; especially since you're dealing only 1d6+DEX damage with a basic attack most of the time; I don't know about your perks though since that's pretty much up to Murdoc to decide; Shhhh Silence seems alright considering the fact that you just can't just spam them since you have a finite stat for heaven's bullet.

I... don't really see how it could, honestly. All you did was fire a book at the barrier to see what would happen. Not like you took any liberties you shouldn't have, like had the thing instantly shatter to pieces or controlled the reaction of another PC or something

So to be honest what do you think will happen next? I think it might be a monster that will proceed to kill me in a horrible manner or a trap that kills me in a horrible manner, or maybe something anticlimatic like a kitten.

So to be honest what do you think will happen next? I think it might be a monster that will proceed to kill me in a horrible manner or a trap that kills me in a horrible manner, or maybe something anticlimatic like a kitten.

You mentioned something about Acidic Monsters on Fire... hopefully that didn't give murdoc any ideas and he won't go throwing two foes at us now instead of one...because Aurora and fire don't mix well at all, just saying...

Well whatever happens I'll be able to hit it; in an infinite multiverse there must be a book that's both fire proof and immune to acid.... Right?

Oh and please don't ask my character why he did that; he'll just say something along the lines of "For science my dear; for science! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Edited by Cronos5010

Then I'd start shooting at the nearest pillar; because pillars don't randomly fall from the sky in a position that allows it to generate a barrier thay perfectly blocks any attempt at escape wheire I (that is my character) come from.

*shrugs*

I'll just post this here; since I was denied of using two characters due to two OOCs from Lexi and Murdoc not getting enough attention, I decided to make a lovechild of the two called French Jhin.

Venus Tireur, the Virtuoso

Name: Venus Tireur

Race: Human

Sex: Male

Appearance: Wears an elegant opera mask in dark attire usually hidden under his thick poncho/cloak. His hair is gelled well and slicked back and he has a distinct cologne wavering around him, resembling that of the scent of a rose.

Personality: Grandiloquent, refined, elegant, mannerly and formal. Sometimes shows Shakespearean demeanor and has an obsession with anything beautiful and the number four. A professional artist in his work, he thinks that everything can be beautiful if he is capable of refining it, but lacks malicious intent.

Perks:

Tetrastich: Venus gains a progressive bonus INT/4 damage, rounded down, whenever he uses different actions with every successive turn, including the first turn he uses a damaging action, stacking up to four times before it is renewed.

Resourceful Perfectionist: A talented craftsman and virtuoso, albeit fastidious, Venus shares the contradiction of being adaptive albeit precise in his artful approaches. Venus requires only one AP for new action crafting, but his level cap for actions is reduced by one.

Catharsis: Venus’ damaging abilities deal double damage to targets below 25% of their health.

Inspiration: Venus’ abilities have INT*2 chance of critically striking for double damage.

Flaws:

Preparation: Venus’ performances are limited by their prepared resources, requiring Venus to reload and reprepare after completion. Venus is fully disabled for a turn after benefitting from the fourth round of bonus damage from Tetrastich, refreshing the accumulated bonuses to their empty amount.

Stats:

Level: 5

Health: 65

INIT: 0

Strength: 1

Dexterity: 5

Intelligence: 10

Constitution: 7

Synergy: 7

Actions:

Defend: 50% damage reduction for a turn.

Artful Flourish (Active) (6 AP)

Venus fires a shot that inflicts his weapon damage (4d4 + INT). If Artful Flourish is used as his fourth consecutive ability, Artful Flourish will always critically strike and deal level bonus damage.

Level 2: Artful Flourish’s increased damage is increased to level + INT/4.

Level 3: Artful Flourish’s increased damage is increased to level + INT/3.

Level 4: Artful Flourish’s increased damage is increased to level + INT/2.

Level 5: Artful Flourish’s increased damage is increased to level + INT.

Level 6: Artful Flourish’s increased damage is increased to level + INT + DEX/4.

Lotus (Active)(4 AP)

Venus arms a blossom-shaped explosive on a target enemy that triggers with Venus’ next damaging action during any subsequent turn, causing his next action to deal 20% bonus damage to the armed target and 20% of the triggering attack’s damage to all surrounding enemies, rounded down. Being a delayed action, Lotus’ arming and damage will not trigger Tetrastich,  but will free the rest of his actions for the subsequent Tetrastich bonus. Lotus will be counted as an action for Preparation. 4 turn cooldown, starting after the effect is triggered.

Level 2: Lotus’ bonus damage increased to 30% on the armed target and 30% on surrounding enemies, rounded down.

Level 3: Lotus’ bonus damage increased to 40% on the armed target and 40% on surrounding enemies, rounded down.

Level 4: Level 3: Lotus’ bonus damage increased to 50% on the armed target and 50% on surrounding enemies, rounded down.

Even Roses Have Thorns (Active) (4 AP)

Venus arms his weapon with a sharp-ended bullet that is lethal to the vulnerable and fires at a target enemy, dealing his weapon damage (4d4 +INT), and causing enemies with negative debuffs on them to bleed for INT/3 damage per turn for 2 turns. 4 turn cooldown.

Level 2: Even Roses Have Thorns’ deals INT/2 bleed damage for 2 turns against enemies with negative debuffs.

Level 3:Even Roses Have Thorns’ deals INT bleed damage for 2 turns against enemies with negative debuffs.

Curtain (Active)(3 AP)

Venus fires a smoke bomb at a target enemy, dealing 2d4 + INT damage and causing its attacks to have DEX chance of missing Venus for two turns. 3 turn cooldown.

Level 2: Curtain’s miss debuff chance is increased to DEX + SYN/2.

Level 3: Curtain’s miss debuff chance is increased to DEX + SYN/2 + INT/2.

Petal Hail (Active) (2 AP)

Venus fires a bullet that splits into multiple weaker explosives at the end of its trajectory, dealing his weapon damage to the target and marking it. Marked targets take level bonus damage from Venus’ next

Ability. 4 turn cooldown.

Level 2: Petal Hail gains the additional debuff of causing Venus’ next attack against a marked target to ignore any damage-reducing effects.

Equipment: (2 remaining tokens)

Whisper (4 tokens)

A signaturely made weapon in Venus’ name designed to inflict superior damage.

Base: Deals 1d4 + INT  damage.

Level 2: Deals 2d4 +INT  damage.

Level 3: Deals 3d4 +INT  damage.

Level 4: Deals 4d4 + INT damage.

Heart of the Rose: (1 token)

A scarlet jewel in the shape of rose of certain sentimental value to Venus.

Base: Adds an additional 5% critical strike chance.

I'll keep it short for now Noir; there is no such thing as a miss or hit chance; every attack autohits; that and your signature gun looks like it'll end up being quite op what with the +4 bonuses to every single stat, but I'll let Murdoc decide that; is Quartenary art supposed tobe a perk or a flaw? Because it gives you a stacking damage increase, but it takes away a single turn. That's all for now.

Edit: Also why don't you have any skills? You get 10 AP to start with and you only need 2 AP to make one; you pretty much get nothing until level 4, and while magikarp power is a thing I don't really know whether or not your char is op pls nerf or just plain old underpowered.

Edited by Cronos5010

I'll keep it short for now Noir; there is no such thing as a miss or hit chance; every attack autohits; that and your signature gun looks like it'll end up being quite op what with the +4 bonuses to every single stat, but I'll let Murdoc decide that; is Quartenary art supposed tobe a perk or a flaw? Because it gives you a stacking damage increase, but it takes away a single turn. That's all for now.

If Murdoc approves of an Armor passive giving 20% physical dodge chance, I don't see why I can't opt for an accuracy lower that's just 5% on stack, though I probably should specify that it works for basic attacks. While it provides +4 to every stat, it only does so up to a point and he will no longer receive any bonuses from there in comparison to people who have consistent things like +1 every 2 levels. In fact, my total at level 16 is also +8 much like these anyway, whereas the only thing I will be getting post 16 is just attack damage and resistance ignore every 16 points. It's a mix of a perk and a flaw for balance. Tbh I'm just worried about the damage scaling, but note that my damage is innately low and scales with only half my SYN rather than full SYN.

Edited by Noir

I'm honestly worried thay your character will fail at combat for a while; let's just wait and see what Murdoc thinks about all of this.

He fails at combat for a while in exchange for superior immediate damage. The character aims to finish things in a limited timeframe or people will have chance to comeback. Lack of consistency was a thing in mind I had for the character to balance his damage.

EDIT: Removed the chance thing to make the numbers easier.

Edited by Noir

Hoi thar

another person from the other forum the OP frequents

Going to make a character soon-ish.

-----------------------------------------------

Character:

Name: Hikari Takino

Sex: Female

Appearance:

-Casual: Hikari doesn't look overly... unique, in her normal outfit. She doesn't stand out much. She's short, at around five feet. She has black hair down a bit past her shoulders and brown eyes, which seem a bit big behind her glasses. Her features are pretty plain, at that; she doesn't look like she puts much effort into her appearance. She tends towards comfortable clothes over fashionable ones, with her standard casual outfit being a hoodie over a t-shirt, a skirt, and sneakers, with little variation beyond colors.

-Idol: Hikari, when in this alternate persona, actually does stand out in a crowd - if not for the effort she puts into her appearance when going out to do her job, then just for her. Her hair is tied in a ponytail, over her shoulder, and she's wearing contacts instead of glasses. She's also actually trying to look good, although the makeup isn't overly obvious. She wears a variety of clothes, rarely the same outfit twice in the same month, although they all seem to work on her (being an idol tends to at least imply a fashion sense).

Ivory: This Mirage takes the appearance of an armored woman, the upper part of her face hidden behind a mask that would appear to be to keep the wind from harming one's eyes if it weren't opaque. She seems to be rather muscular, for a woman, but that may be the armor. She has white hair. She's also rather tall, at around six foot four inches.

Carnage Form: In this form of combined energies, which is the primary form for combat, Hikari's appearance changes. Her hair for one gains white highlights, of a shade similar to Ivory's. She's taller too, around 5'7". Her outfit changes, becoming bright green armor and a open-face helmet. Ivory has become a dragon-themed halberd, with a somewhat scaly texture. She has a sort of mechanical wyvern, with jets in place of the hind legs.

Personality:

Casual: Hikari is a bit on the shy side, although still polite and friendly. She doesn't have much confidence in herself, and is usually quiet in voicing her opinions.

Idol: Hikari becomes much more outgoing in this persona, in addition to the friendliness (although losing an amount of politeness) and seeming much more self-confident. She hasn’t actually changed at all, but putting on the act she’s so used too is oddly freeing.

Ivory: Ivory is a relaxed individual... mirage... whatever, most times. She's pretty quiet unless she has a strong opinion on a matter. In battle, she's all-business.

Level: 1

EXP: 0

HP: 33

Init: 3+1d20

Stats:

Constitution: 2

Resistance: 1

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 0

Strength: 4

Synergy: 5

Complexity:

Equipment:

Name: Beast Killer

Description: A basic anti-cavalry spear. Not much too it, really.

Type: Weapon

Damage: 2d4+STR

Minimum Stats: N/A

Weight: 4

SYN Threshold/Bonus: N/A

Special Qualities:

Anti-cavalry: Intended for use against mounted enemies, the weapon gives 1.4x damage against enemies on mounts.

Name: Ivory’s Armor

Description: Armor resembling that of Hikari’s Mirage, Ivory.

Type: Armor

Res Boost: +3, +1 per two levels

Special Qualities:

-Bound

-Growing Resilience - Every level adds .5 RES

-Ease of Use - The armor is basically made of magic, and that magic is used to eliminate any strength penalty this armor might have afflicted.

-Conversion - Any weapon used by Hikari gains the option of using her SYN rather than STR

Name: Blade Ring

Description: A simple ring, glowing with energy.

Type: Bauble

Special Qualities:

+1 Strength.

Perks:

Session: A major part of Hikari's combat style is following up the attacks of allies. Grants the "Session" action.

Auto-support: On the first turn of battle, Hikari can choose a support ability she has; it is applied to the amount of targets the spell would have +2, and one has to be herself.

Magic Reserves: A pretty simple thing; Hikari gets more magical power every level. +1 SYN per level.

Flaws:

Thunder Weakness: Electricity just doesn’t agree with Hikari. Ivory explains to her that it’s probably a result of how some species of wyvern - the beast she most often rides - can’t handle electrical shocks well.

Actions:

Tarukaja (Lv.1, Active) - Raise one ally’s main attack stat by Hikari’s SYN for two turns.

Rakukaja (Lv.1, Active) - Raise one ally’s RES by Hikari’s SYN for two turns.

Dekunda (Active, Lv.1): A spell that helps ally's recover from weakening status. Removes one stat debuff a party member.

Dia (Active, Lv.1): A basic heal that heals one target for 1d4+SYN Health.

Skewer (Active, Lv.1): An attack at an enemy’s weak point, guided by magic. Add SYN again to the attack’s damage.

Session (Perk-based, Passive, Lv.1): A follow up basic attack by Ivory, when an ally makes an attack of a specific type. Maximum of 2 Sessions per turn. Each level allows Session to trigger on another type of skill.

Total triggers: (3 + Lv-1)

-Sword-Pierce Session: Session triggers on ally attacks using swords

-Dual Lance Session: Session triggers on ally attacks using lances or spears

-Shot-Pierce Session: Session triggers on ally attacks using firearms

And done with sheet, pls check

Edited by Twinwolf

specify that thunder weakness is 2x

i know it's not how the games work but you can probably combine tarukaja and rakukaja into one action and just make it select a stat

dekunda might work better as a full cleanse on a shorter cooldown, or start out removing more debuffs; current precedent is a level 2 heal removing one debuff in addition to the heal

skewer should have a short cooldown

session we've discussed; i may nerf the damage on it later. depends on how often it ends up going off, really.

other than that you're good to go, i'll say complexity 4 for now

as for noir's character...

your basic defense isn't a basic

i'm not a fan of having starting gear granting additional actions in the first place

every moment matters is a bit weak; crits can do double damage

i'm really confused by how the acts work in general because you seem to have included passives in them+you don't actually get them all until level 16

distance isn't really a thing so that action is useless

but yeah this character is just... really weird and i'd like to see one that fit more into an RPG paradigm than a MOBA one

Hoi thar

another person from the other forum the OP frequents

Going to make a character soon-ish.

-----------------------------------------------

Character:

Name: Hikari Takino

Sex: Female

Appearance:

-Casual: Hikari doesn't look overly... unique, in her normal outfit. She doesn't stand out much. She's short, at around five feet. She has black hair down a bit past her shoulders and brown eyes, which seem a bit big behind her glasses. Her features are pretty plain, at that; she doesn't look like she puts much effort into her appearance. She tends towards comfortable clothes over fashionable ones, with her standard casual outfit being a hoodie over a t-shirt, a skirt, and sneakers, with little variation beyond colors.

-Idol: Hikari, when in this alternate persona, actually does stand out in a crowd - if not for the effort she puts into her appearance when going out to do her job, then just for her. Her hair is tied in a ponytail, over her shoulder, and she's wearing contacts instead of glasses. She's also actually trying to look good, although the makeup isn't overly obvious. She wears a variety of clothes, rarely the same outfit twice in the same month, although they all seem to work on her (being an idol tends to at least imply a fashion sense).

Ivory: This Mirage takes the appearance of an armored woman, the upper part of her face hidden behind a mask that would appear to be to keep the wind from harming one's eyes if it weren't opaque. She seems to be rather muscular, for a woman, but that may be the armor. She has white hair. She's also rather tall, at around six foot four inches.

Carnage Form: In this form of combined energies, which is the primary form for combat, Hikari's appearance changes. Her hair for one gains white highlights, of a shade similar to Ivory's. She's taller too, around 5'7". Her outfit changes, becoming bright green armor and a open-face helmet. Ivory has become a dragon-themed halberd, with a somewhat scaly texture. She has a sort of mechanical wyvern, with jets in place of the hind legs.

Personality:

Casual: Hikari is a bit on the shy side, although still polite and friendly. She doesn't have much confidence in herself, and is usually quiet in voicing her opinions.

Idol: Hikari becomes much more outgoing in this persona, in addition to the friendliness (although losing an amount of politeness) and seeming much more self-confident. She hasn’t actually changed at all, but putting on the act she’s so used too is oddly freeing.

Ivory: Ivory is a relaxed individual... mirage... whatever, most times. She's pretty quiet unless she has a strong opinion on a matter. In battle, she's all-business.

Level: 1

EXP: 0

HP: 33

Init: 3+1d20

Stats:

Constitution: 2

Resistance: 1

Dexterity: 2

Intelligence: 0

Strength: 4

Synergy: 5

Complexity:

Equipment:

Name: Beast Killer

Description: A basic anti-cavalry spear. Not much too it, really.

Type: Weapon

Damage: 2d4+STR

SYN Threshold/Bonus: N/A

Special Qualities:

Anti-cavalry: Intended for use against mounted enemies, the weapon gives 1.4x damage against enemies on mounts.

Name: Ivory’s Armor

Description: Armor resembling that of Hikari’s Mirage, Ivory.

Type: Armor

Res Boost: +3, +1 per two levels

Special Qualities:

-Bound

-Growing Resilience - Every level adds .5 RES

-Ease of Use - The armor is basically made of magic, and that magic is used to eliminate any strength penalty this armor might have afflicted.

-Conversion - Any weapon used by Hikari gains the option of using her SYN rather than STR

Name: Blade Ring

Description: A simple ring, glowing with energy.

Type: Bauble

Special Qualities:

+1 Strength.

Perks:

Session: A major part of Hikari's combat style is following up the attacks of allies. Grants the "Session" action.

Auto-support: On the first turn of battle, Hikari can choose a support ability she has; it is applied to the amount of targets the spell would have +2, and one has to be herself.

Magic Reserves: A pretty simple thing; Hikari gets more magical power every level. +1 SYN per level.

Flaws:

Thunder Weakness: Electricity just doesn’t agree with Hikari. Ivory explains to her that it’s probably a result of how some species of wyvern - the beast she most often rides - can’t handle electrical shocks well. Double damage from electricity.

Actions:

Tarukaja / Rakukaja (Lv.1, Active) - Raise one ally’s main attack stat by Hikari’s SYN for two turns, or raise one ally’s RES by Hikari’s SYN for two turns.

Dekunda (Active, Lv.1): A spell that helps ally's recover from weakening status. Removes fully removes stat debuffs from a party member. Two turn cooldown.

Dia (Active, Lv.1): A basic heal that heals one target for 1d4+SYN Health.

Posumudi / Paraladi (Active, Lv.1): Cures Poison or Paralysis from one ally.

Skewer (Active, Lv.1): An attack at an enemy’s weak point, guided by magic. Add SYN again to the attack’s damage. Two turn cooldown.

Session (Perk-based, Passive, Lv.1): A follow up basic attack by Ivory, when an ally makes an attack of a specific type. Maximum of 2 Sessions per turn. Each level allows Session to trigger on another type of skill.

Total triggers: (3 + Lv-1)

-Sword-Pierce Session: Session triggers on ally attacks using swords

-Dual Lance Session: Session triggers on ally attacks using lances or spears

-Shot-Pierce Session: Session triggers on ally attacks using firearms

Edited.