BS Gym Leaders

Lizard Troop

It seems that you need to train a new team (or at least a new team member) to beat Noel, since it's a Normal Gym i recommend a Fighting Type (cuz you know "normal") but it should be a "fast" (or bulky) one and a Rock Type (or a Pokemon with a good Rock move)

Noel, at least the last time I did a full playthrough (I'm at the start of a new one now) has the grassy terrain, and I had (and will have in my current playthrough) a Typhlosion with Eruption and Flash Fire. You can guess how that turned out for him...

Edited by Mighty Kamina

My usual gameplan seeing as how every boss battle is set in a more difficult location is to use weaknesses that are less common. Such as Fire's main weakness is water and a lot of physical fire types learn a thunder move so going in with ground or rock can help. Standard weaknesses can be covered by pretty much any pokemon. If you truly think battles are unfair look at it through the other side. Some f#$king ten year old just rolled through half the mafia and the world's strongest in a matter of days. Yeah they kind of need a strong field to give them aid.

There is no way that the gym leaders should be tougher. I've said it before, but i'm stuck on Charlotte and her fire field. All of my rock, ground, and water types get destroyed by solarbeam, they can't outspeed any of her pokemon and there's no pokemon from Agate Circus to the gym that would stand a chance against her.

So unless I can completely BS a strategy, i'm screwed. I cant use the field to my advantage like with Sampson, because the way the field works, it would just screw me up even more. So no, the gyms should not be harder.

inb4 snow field raises ice pokemon evasion by 50%

Ahahah this would be awesome! I wait for the return of the Hax Queen, i almost ragequit after losing to her like 20 times (ahh good memories)

Let's be serious, unless gym leaders start having a 'roster' of pokes to 'randomly' choose six, there will always be player teams that either get wreaked, or in turn wreck that gym. The hope is to never end up 'counter teaming', yet being able to be ready for it.

This would be really interesting but difficult to implement (i think)

Edited by Gaunt

• Administrators

Just waiting for ep.15 to see Serra's field. (i know we're on ep.13, but that's the episode Ame said Serra would receive a field)

That's going to be an awesome field

inb4 snow field raises ice pokemon evasion by 50%

Tbh I'm trying to stay away from luck-based stuff as much as possible. There have been a few thematic exceptions, such as the Big Top High Striker, which is supposed to appear rigged, the short circuit electric boost because the field is thematically unstable, and then the steam on superheated (but, the player generally has control of when that occurs, so the decreased accuracy isn't quiiite so frustrating I think). So, regardless of the ridiculousness, increased evasion by default isn't something I'm likely to do.

That said, I do expect Serra's field to really... shatter some hopes and dreams.

Ahahah this would be awesome! I wait for the return of the Hax Queen, i almost ragequit after losing to her like 20 times (ahh good memories)

This would be really interesting but difficult to implement (i think)

It wouldn't really be that difficult to implement, just a little time-consuming. I have some experience with PE and to make this work, for every gym you would only need to create several different trainers on the PBS file and then use the event function to randomly generate a number and use it as a branching event with each number leading to a different trainer. Scripting is not even required to do something like this.

Tbh I'm trying to stay away from luck-based stuff as much as possible. There have been a few thematic exceptions, such as the Big Top High Striker, which is supposed to appear rigged, the short circuit electric boost because the field is thematically unstable, and then the steam on superheated (but, the player generally has control of when that occurs, so the decreased accuracy isn't quiiite so frustrating I think). So, regardless of the ridiculousness, increased evasion by default isn't something I'm likely to do.

That said, I do expect Serra's field to really... shatter some hopes and dreams.

Seems interesting. Samson so far is the only battle that I believe that got a little bit overdosed with RNG. There's nothing more frustrating than getting Over 9000'd+Critical Hit from one of his mons right before you're about to sweep him.

This "gym" is impossible. Tail slap does half of all my pokemon's hp with it being burned, tri attack does 75% of everyone's hp, and all his pokemon are faster than all mine. Were I to send out ampharos to paralyze anything, it would die in 2 turns. I can't win this.

Maybe if you keep complaining on the forums, the game will feel bad for you and give you a free win.

More realistically, though, you might wanna improve your team and/or tactics.

I think a fast fighting type does the trick on this gym . As for the other gym leaders , this game is challenging , I destroyed some gym leaders but got beaten A LOT by others .

Noel still have two part-Flying types, a Fairy-type, and a part-Psychic type up his sleeve, so it's not as simple as that. But that's the beauty of Reborn.