Wanted Tm's

Rayschrantz

There are a few Tm's that I think should be in the game

-Poison Jab

-Rock Slide

-Earthquake/Bulldoze

I realize that the reason these aren't in the game is because they're really powerful and Earthquake ever being put in the game is out of the question, so Bulldoze would be a good tm to get for defeating Terra, and Rock Slide for defeating Rocky. As for Poison Jab, it is the number 1 Tm that I would like in the game. Since the poison gym has already been done, I would really like to get it somewhere in the game.

This is my first thread, so if I posted something wrong, please don't be too harsh with the comments.

Posting in development is shaky ground. I'd suggest Reborn City, but the thread should be moved soon.

There's been debate over if EQ, for example, should be added. Its versatility makes it unlikely to be added until late into the game. Poison Jab could be a random TM found sometime, seeing as Aya gives Sludge Wave, and Rock Slide could be a possibility with the Rock leader, Hardy, being implemented sometime soon.

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!... just kidding. I think Earthquake will probably be the most expensive tm in the deparment store. The other two tms are pretty humble I would say. I need SLUDGE BOMB PLEEEASEEE. Even if I don't get it, I'm still gonna wreck Adrienn with Reyna

Ame give out good tms? Pfft, not until we reach Labradorra and Calceon (or whatever they twin towns are called) and we gain access to actual out of battle use of rock climb and dive. Everyone knows that Ame isn't very generous when it comes to tms.

Yeah I think I learned that Ame's insane already when I played the game:P Poison Jab is not too OP of a move, but it's still strong enough that Ame will never put it in. Or at least not until Rock Climb or Dive. So far the tms we've got are tm Bullshit, Bullshit, Bullshit, OOO GOOD TM, Bullshit. so its unlikely we'll ever get any good ones.

Edited by Rayschrantz

I see no reason as to why there should be "bashing" against Ame. >>;

The sole reason there aren't very many good TM's is because it'd make the game too easy. Where'd the challenge be in the game if you get the most commonly (nowadays, yes even Poison Jab is common) known TM's if you had all those moves available to you?

The point of Pokémon Reborn is to tackle the challenges the game sets for you, with a diversity of available Pokémon, moves and the entire package. All I can suggest you do, if you really want those moves, is to start breeding for them with Pokémon that can learn those moves through levelup.

Aside from that suggestion- I don't think there's any point to whine/complain about some TM's not being available, as they might/might not be implemented at some point in the game's development.

Edited by RainbowDash

The best Pokemon in Reborn are typically dual-typed Pokemon with boosting moves and decently powered STABs that run off their stronger attacking stat.

I don't believe that limiting TM availability encourages players to dip into the diverse array of available Pokemon. I can make the argument that it does just the opposite: it makes the type of Pokemon listed above much more useful relative to all others. A lot of typically mediocre Pokemon rely on TMs to make functional movesets.

In any case, I don't mind TMs like Thunderbolt being denied to the player, but to wit, some of the TMs I haven't seen that wouldn't be OP if they were available are things like Hone Claws, Light Screen, Protect, Return, Reflect, Flame Charge, Bulldoze, and Power-Up Punch, among others.

I don't mind TMs like Thunderbolt being denied to the player, but to wit, some of the TMs I haven't seen that wouldn't be OP if they were available are things like Hone Claws, Light Screen, Protect, Return, Reflect, Flame Charge, Bulldoze, and Power-Up Punch, among others.

Protect is OP (with some Pokemon/sets) the same goes for Power-Up Punch and Flame Charge (to some degree) with the rest i agree

• Administrators

The reason good TMs have been held off is because past level 50 or so Pokemon stop evolving and learning moves, so there's almost no team development. I've saved TMs for the part of the game we're approaching so that teams can continue developing even in these upper levels.

• Support Squad

Charge Beam exists and is available as a reward for the first badge.

Yes, but that has so many better replacements, such as discharge etc, that you'll probably drop it regardless.

Also, Return is definitely OP. Give it to any physical normal type and You will steamroll everything.

Charge Beam exists and is available as a reward for the first badge.

And? If you intend to say that it has the same effect as Power-Up Punch that is not correct as it boosts Sp.Att. only 70% of the time (feels like 50%) and it's accuracy is 90% (which we all know means 70%)

70% is 70% and 90% is 90%. If it feels lower, that's confirmation bias at work.

Power-Up Punch is only a marginally better move than Charge Beam. I mean, pretty much the only notable competitive use for PUP in on MKhan, for obvious reasons.

Edited by dondon151

We are not getting rock slide form the rock leader, Titania's brother, or earthquake/bulldoze from the ground type leader Terra. we are getting smack down and mud-slap respectively. Ame is insane, remember. She never loved us.

we are getting smack down and mud-slap respectively. Ame is insane, remember. She never loved us.

Come on Ghost of Rocks, Mud-slap is too low. She might give us Bulldoze which really isn't that bad. If you guys want good moves so bad just do what RainbowDash said. START BREEDING. (Is it even possible to breed sludge bomb onto Vileplume? juuuuust sayin)

(Is it even possible to breed sludge bomb onto Vileplume? juuuuust sayin)

It is.

Lead with a

Koffing (Amo)> Stunfisk (Amo/W1)> Corphish (W1/W3)> Skorupi (W3/Bug)> Paras (Bug/Grass)> Oddish (Grass)

5 chains lol

Still shorter by one than my Stockpile/Toxic/Scald/Recover Quagsire chain

Edited by jrookie

Koffing (Amo)> Stunfisk (Amo/W1)> Corphish (W1/W3)> Skorupi (W3/Bug)> Paras (Bug/Grass)> Oddish (Grass)

Wow thanks I've been looking for a way for a long time now. But... its not really worth all the breeding for a poison move with +50 from acid. Plus I would have to level it to around 65...uggh

Or "TMs we can just breed for with minimal effort."

Sure. If you want Ame to "fix" that. Minimal effort have you seen the chain to get Sludge Bomb and Giga Drain on Bulbasaur that's not minimal effort

I want Poison Jab too, but you've gotta wait to get the good TMs. This isn't Platinum version where you get Earthquake before the third Gym. This is Reborn, where most of the best TMs you get are barely learned by anything.