A Few Field Effects More

• Administrators

A comment arose in the discussion of the Combo Fields topic: Will we be able to create the Burning Field from Route 1's Grassy Field?

As it turns out, this was a bit of a spoiler for this announcement, which I had planned to come several days later, but... As I answered in that topic, ohh, yes.

That's not all you'll be able to do to it either.

Episode 12 is also introducing transformative fields, variations of field effects created from or by distorting or destroying existing fields. Although the Burning Field can also be created by pledges, it is our first example of this-- set fire to the Grassy Field to create the Burning Field. Here are two more:

Created by using Sludge Wave on a Grassy Field:

#--------------------------- Corrosive Field --------------------------------#

fe10.png

The field is corrupted!

• Contains entry hazard dealing type-scaling Poison damage to grounded non Poison and Steel types
  • Pokemon with the following abilities ignore entry damage:

-Toxic Boost -Poison Heal

• Ingrain and Grass Pelt damage their users each turn
  • The abilities Poison Heal and Toxic Boost are activated for grounded Pokemon
  • Grass type attacks deal additional poison type damage
  • The following moves deal additional Poison type damage and increase power x1.5:

-Smack Down -Mud Slap -Mudshot -Muddy Water -Mud Bomb

-Whirlpool

• The following moves increase in base power x2:

Grass Knot -Acid -Acid Spray

• The stat changing effect of the following moves is amplified:

-Acid Armor

• Activates Venom Drench
  • The base accuracy of the following moves becomes 100:

-Sleep Powder- Poison Powder -Stun Spore -Toxic

• Sleeping non-Poison/Steel Pokemon suffer 1/16 Max HP damage each turn
  • Toxic Spikes cannot be absorbed
  • Nature Power becomes Acid Spray
Created by using Smog or Clear Smog in the Misty Field:

#----------------------- Corrosive Mist Field ----------------------------#

fe11.png

Corrosive mist settles on the field!

• All Pokemon are poisoned at the end of each round
  • Aqua Ring and Dry Skin damage their users each turn

Poison Types will be healed by Dry Skin instead

• The abilities Poison Heal and Toxic Boost are activated
  • Special Flying attacks and the following moves deal additional Poison type damage:

-Bubble -Bubble beam -Energy ball

• The following moves increase in base power x1.5:

-Smog -Clear Smog -Acid Spray -Bubble -Bubble Beam

-Acid Armor

• Activates Venom Drench
  • The base accuracy of the following moves becomes 100:

-Toxic

• The ability Aftermath damages for 50% HP (from 25%)
  • Fire moves increase base power x1.5
  • The following moves increase in base power x2:

-Selfdestruct -Explosion

• The following moves will terminate this field effect:

Gust -Whirlwind -Defog -Hurricane -Tailwind

-Razor Wind -Selfdestruct -Explosion

• The following moves will terminate this field effect, KOing all active Pokemon:

-Heat Wave -Eruption -Lava Plume -Searing Shot -Fire Pledge

-Flame Burst

-Smokescreen

• The following moves will transform this field into a Corrosive Field:

-Gravity

• Nature Power becomes Acid Spray
One last one! This one isn't transformative at all, but as another field included with E12, it ought to be announced, non?

#--------------------------- Desert Field --------------------------------#

fe12.png

The field is rife with sand.

• The abilities Sand Veil, Sand Rush and Sand Force are activated
  • Sunny Day, Drought, Sand Storm and Sandstream last for 8 turns
  • The following moves increase in base power x1.5:

-Heat Wave -Needle Arm -Pin Missile -Dig -Sand Tomb

-Sand attack

• Dry Skin damages its user each turn
  • Sand Tomb deals 1/8 Max HP damage per turn (from 1/16)
  • Water moves from grounded Pokemon decrease base power x0.5
  • Electric moves against grounded Pokemon decrease base power x0.5
  • Nature Power becomes Sand Tomb

As a final note, the Obtainable Pokemon section has been updated. Ace Members, you know what that means.

• Upvote 1

The Doublade... Why must you taunt us so, senpai? :c

Edit: And is that Crobat in the first image the one I think it is..?

I'm liking the field effects. They can make- Or break you(r team).

Edited by RainbowDash

This is my favorite part :lol::

The following moves will terminate this field effect, KOing all active Pokemon:
-Heat Wave -Eruption -Lava Plume -Searing Shot -Fire Pledge
-Flame Burst

Edited by Gaunt
  • Upvote 2

• Support Squad

Well, it was a matter of time for there to be a poison field, what with the whole pollution and shiz. Also, dose the Desert field mean we finally get to explore some of the desert north of peridot?

for the "obtainable list": now we can have some fun with it :v :v, rufflet, Hawlucha, Mienshao, Tynamo (welcome back), Dweeble, COnkeldurr (OMG, finally :), Porygon Z,NOW AVAILABLE :V
just one quick question: what breeding mechanic we got in Epi 12?? it's gen VI mechanic or still gen V?? i hope we get gen VI mechanic right now :(

One question I have is this: You mention in the Corrosive Mist Field effect that some moves gain the effect of "deal[ing] additional Poison type damage". Is this in addition to the type from before? i.e. If Energy Ball is used, does it become both Grass and Poison type?
I ask because with the invent of Flying Press, it is plausible.

3 questions:

1. Does sunny day in desert field stack with the heat rock? If so, how many turns does it become, 11?

2. Doesn't "certain field conditions + readily available move = instant KO on EVERYONE" seem just a bit OP?

3. WHERE'S MILOTIC?

Ame, Hive Field Effect, make it happen

List of Things Hive Can Do:

Hive will double the residual damage dealt from infestation

All bug type stat boosting moves get double their original boost #instantmaxspecialattackfromtailglow

Grass attack base power is .5x (Leaves get caught in honey)

All sound based attacks hit all opponents in double battles (Bug Buzz op) (Double Battle Shelly #doit)

All bug pokemon get a 1.5x defense/special defense boost (Vespiquen gets double for being queen bee)

All non-bug pokemon cannot switch out and get a stage lowered in the speed stat

The following moves deal 1.5x damage: Flame Burst, Smack Down, Eruption, Heat Wave

The Following moves terminate the field effect: Smack Down

All Bug Moves gain 1.5x base power

• Veterans

The desert field .................. Ame why did you hint that that was 100% likely to go on Florinia? her nickname (besides FLOBOT) is DESERT Rose -_-

Aaaaaaa the obtainable list updates Mienfoo, Hawlucha and Cacnea it's like Christmas has come early

...And Gulpin. Oh please tell me you didn't.

Also I'm excited about finally (maybe) getting to see part of the desert. I've been curious about that since I first heard about it from the history dudes.

Corrosive Mist field KOing everything when any of those Fire moves are used? Overpowered, I think, but kinda awesome. Not the thing you'd actually want to take advantage of unless it's as a last-ditch effort, since your Pokemon will go down too.

• Administrators

just one quick question: what breeding mechanic we got in Epi 12?? it's gen VI mechanic or still gen V?? i hope we get gen VI mechanic right now :(

Still on 5th. We'll see for 13, I'm interested in getting the iv stuff in as well

So if I'm not mistaken, current abilities on Pokémon are overwritten & nullified for the remainder of the field effect, correct?

Because if not, things with Immunity/Thick Fat would be immune to Poison/Burn..

Forgot about immunity tbh. I'll write it in as an addition for 13-- not like Snorlax is in anyway

One question I have is this: You mention in the Corrosive Mist Field effect that some moves gain the effect of "deal[ing] additional Poison type damage". Is this in addition to the type from before? i.e. If Energy Ball is used, does it become both Grass and Poison type?

I ask because with the invent of Flying Press, it is plausible.

Yep. This sort of thing already exists with Julia's Electric/Normal explosions, and Radomus' Psychic/Rock chess attacks

3 questions:

1. Does sunny day in desert field stack with the heat rock? If so, how many turns does it become, 11?

2. Doesn't "certain field conditions + readily available move = instant KO on EVERYONE" seem just a bit OP?

3. WHERE'S MILOTIC?

1- It does not stack

2- I don't think that it is OP considering it's basically an eXXXXXtreme selfdestruct and it can only be done once since it also destroys the field

But if someone wants to take the time to set up Misty Terrain > Clear Smog > Heat Wave to #wreck Arceus or something, be my guest.

3- I dunno... maybe in some watery-ice place?? I wonder.

• Upvote 1

• Veterans

Still on 5th. We'll see for 13, I'm interested in getting the iv stuff in as well

Forgot about immunity tbh. I'll write it in as an addition for 13-- not like Snorlax is in anyway

Yep. This sort of thing already exists with Julia's Electric/Normal explosions, and Radomus' Psychic/Rock chess attacks

1- It does not stack

2- I don't think that it is OP considering it's basically an eXXXXXtreme selfdestruct and it can only be done once since it also destroys the field

But if someone wants to take the time to set up Misty Terrain > Clear Smog > Heat Wave to #wreck Arceus or something, be my guest.

3- I dunno... maybe in some watery-ice place?? I wonder .

Foreshadowing huh....... HEY VINNNY NO MORE GYARADOS FOR YOU ITS OUT OF EP12 now new save files with him

• Administrators

I feel like if anything did that it would probably be Defog, but I'm not sure how that could be justified in-universe

Arceus most likely won't let my Aromatisse get away with that tactic.:(

I was also wondering about the corrosive field. Couldn't you terminate it with like a psychic move or something that has to do with magic? I'm just imagining epic mickey using his paint brush to bring plain old brooms lying around to life so they could do the cleaning for him. I could see something like that happen with Alakazam.

I have a question.

We already know that in episode 12 there will be move tutor for pledge moves.

But will there be any method to learn other moves interacting with the fields?

Currently, a majority of the moves that warp the field are learned from level up, such as Amonguss' Clear Smog or Chandelure's Heat Wave, but the most common one is probably Sludge Wave, obtained from Aya, which can change a lot of fields.