Rage!

Reignited'Light

• Administrators

^ Because there's part of the AI script which makes the computer deliberately choose bad moves, even at max skill level

I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ame gets to fix that AI script someday, we'll be doomed. Just wait for the NPCs to use their teams even better than you... I don't even want to think about the Gym leaders.

And about my rage, it all goes to Taka's Chatot. ALL of it. No other thing in this game or any other pokemon game has forced me to do so much grinding, ever.

Well, there was also Luna, who forced me to breed my scrafties during a whole month, but not as nearly painful as that chatot.

^ Because there's part of the AI script which makes the computer deliberately choose bad moves, even at max skill level

I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it

You know I can fix this so why don't you let me :[

Definitely has nothing to do with all of the other scripting things I'm working on..

Hardest moment in Pokemon Reborn? Try having a team that killed a level 75 Steelix on the first try, and a Abra of the same level in two tries get horribly beaten by a normal type gym leader.

Coming in second place is Shade. I couldn't beat him without 3 berry ice creams. After that in almost every major battle I had to buy three berry ice creams in order to win.

• Developers

Aya definitely ripped 5 years out of my life, my god. I raged soooooo hard. Other than that... the only gym leader who completely

SCREWED me was Noel. I had to train up an ev trained Jolteon to take on Noel (I chose jolteon because thunder wave tbh, so helpful)

Hardest moment? Definitely Aya she wrecked me about 40 something times almost had me at the point of rage quiting. But this is what I deserve for being different and picking up a spoink instead of ralts/abra XD.

This. Only because it was a double battle and i hate those. I actually didn't even have any psychic or ground types at the time.. So i went back, took that gothie and leveled it up and then trained a geodude and evolved it into a golem, the problem is.. golem is too damn slow. And finally with a little luck i somehow beat her :'D she wouldn't be a problem now though with my kadabra, excadrill and tryantrum :D

Most Ragequit Leader: Goddamn Serra and Florinia in Ep.10. Cradily, sandstorm and that pesky misses and stuff. AND NOEL. FUCKING NOEL.

Most Ragequit Meteor Bosses: I first sided with Radomus for my first playthrough ever. Ever. I died so badly I cried. I went all the way to get a rattata to grind it just for FEAR.

Most Ragequit Moment: The moment when you realize that Hurricane is broken, and Vivillon only has bug buzz......or when you realize all grass/poison don't learn sludge bomb naturally/can't learn sludge wave......or when you realize halfway through the Obsidia slums in your first playthrough that there is no waterfall, so swampert is shit.....and you restart....

Or when you get a goddamn Shiny Physical Attacker with 1IV in attack ;-;

Or when you realize that Bug type pokemon are giving you problems......omfg tons of these.

I... I just leveled my Vivillon to 50. And taught her Hurricane, believing that all my hard work using an interesting Pokemon that I had never ever used before in any Pokemon game would finally pay off. This one didn't have Compoundeyes either, I was too impatient in trying to get one with a good nature/IVs early in the game, and I'm not at 7th Street yet.

I want to curl up in a ball and cry in a corner now.

*goes to headbutt trees for a Taillow*

Edited by Alilatias

PULSE Muk can be added to the list of things that give me much rage.

/not sure whether she should be furious or embarrassed that the damn thing fainted two thirds of her team before she managed to kill it... and it wasn't even the last Pokemon

On the plus side, much to my delight, I've discovered that the Chatot will never give me trouble again. Soundproof is an ability that I'd never thought I'd have such appreciation for.

PULSE Muk can be added to the list of things that give me much rage.

/not sure whether she should be furious or embarrassed that the damn thing fainted two thirds of her team before she managed to kill it... and it wasn't even the last Pokemon

On the plus side, much to my delight, I've discovered that the Chatot will never give me trouble again. Soundproof is an ability that I'd never thought I'd have such appreciation for.

I surprisingly had little trouble with that Muk, i can't remember corectly but i know that i beat him with my Greninja with a couple of water pulses

All I've learned is that Leech Seed is godly. It's more effective the higher leveled your enemy is, because after tanking enemy attack with the likes of Charm, you'll recover more HP than the enemy inflicts damage. Especially against Garchomp and Arceus, I've defeated both of them without using the usual Destiny Bond/Mirror Coat strategies. The only counters against it in Reborn are grass types and the Clefable with Magic Guard, I don't think there's anything that uses Rapid Spin against you.

Since the AI isn't prone to switching unless they have absolutely nothing they can hurt your Pokemon with, it's pretty much free setup time.

Edited by Alilatias

I remember him having some rock type move i belive, so i Super Fanged with Raticate and sent Unfezant to get hit with the rock type move then i took advantage of his own Protean with Water Pulses (even scoring a sucsesfull confusion) and then just finished him off.
I might have used some other pokemon to decrease his health at that point but i don't quite remember
Oh and hyper potions were all wasted on the 1st pokemon, i belive it was Glaceon or something. Anyway i didn't really have much trouble with that, guesiing i had a dose of luck
But it took me 2 days to take out Aya

What are you trying to say about bug? Bug's as good as any other type in the game.

I should really do a bug mono sometime. Experience the pain of Shelly for myself. Maybe I'll narrate it and put it up on the forums somewhere.

Nah, it's not that bug's bad, it's just that I don't usually find it a problem and its unorthodox-ness makes me go a bit nuts.