the only reason i knew of some of the Arcana is because of this RP, the Discworld Series by Terry Pratchet, and one of the videogames i've recently played: The Room Two. the Arcana shown in that game are: Sanctuary, Time, Death, Knowledge, Voyage, and a possibly only-in-the-game one: Null. the Arcana mentioned in this RP are: the Magician, the Chariot, the Tower, and Judgement.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only reason i knew of some of the Arcana is because of this RP, the Discworld Series by Terry Pratchet, and one of the videogames i've recently played: The Room Two. the Arcana shown in that game are: Sanctuary, Time, Death, Knowledge, Voyage, and a possibly only-in-the-game one: Null. the Arcana mentioned in this RP are: the Magician, the Chariot, the Tower, and Judgement.

My friend, every single Arcana name you listed from the game: "The Room Two" Is pretty much made up or Synonyms for the actual arcana names. the only ones from that that are actually what the cards are commonly named is "death".

Though I guess that Knowledge could stand for the hermit, voyage for the chariot/ the fool, time for the Wheel of fortune...

But anyways, I actually own a Rider-waite tarot deck and have done quite a bit of research on the tarot and Arcana in the past, and I assure you, all the names of the Arcana that Ethic uses are the correct common names for them.

So... The kid's sort of a clairvoyant of some sort.

Pretty sure everyone's familiar with the creepy-kid-with-psychic-powers archetype-- that doesn't really affect her powers or anything, just backstory, and would probably shed light on how she sees strange things and such lol.

@Ethic, thanks for clarifying that. I agree with you on that assessment about the names being made up or synonyms.

I can't say that isn't entirely true, though I don't think Mr. Taylor acted out of character at all. At first he thought he was losing it, because well wouldn't you if you were really old and kept seeing everyone performing magic, plus I thought the RP needed a non-believer somewhere since everyone else just immediately accepted there roles. Then after the amnesia he gets called crazy, by a guy who asks him if he heard the voices too, so there was little reason for Mr. Taylor to stick around and be super nice, since he should have been confused and creeped out at the same time. All in all while I did try to help out your character development, I don't think I ever really broke my character for you to achieve the goal.

Name: Fenris

Appearance: Tall and skinny (6'4", 140lbs). Light Brown Skin, Short-ish black hair (1.5in) with blonde streaks in the front. Tired eyes that have seen alot. A horizantal scar across his left side of his face and nose.

Personality: A quiet person that doesn't share much about himself. He doesn't like to see others in pain, and is very loyal once he befriends a person. Howerver he is not quick to trust anyone.

Backstory: Coming from a shattered home, he spent most of his time on the streets. He joined a small gang where he felt like he fit in. One day one of his "brothers" insulted a member of a rival gang and what ensued was a bloody fight. Fenris fled in a fit of cowardice. Since then he has been haunted by the memories of his dead companions. He came to the temple to in hopes to find respite for his tortured mind.

Ability: He can teleport instantly up to 40 feet. He must be able to see where he means to go otherwise it won't work. It has a recharge time of about 1 minute, and leaves him feeling nauseated. A small circle of blood is left where he was before he teleported...

Actually, the whole murder scene between Mr.Taylor and Marcus brings an interesting question to my mind...

Who would win in a knife fight? Marcus or Ethic... not that I'm suggesting anything though... just a random thought... :Kappa:

(What, thought Ethic wouldn't know how to wield a knife because he had the arcana? Well dem roads and travellin and the like can get a bit dangerous from time to time, there was once a time when good ol' "Man Without Honor" was the sole thing Ethic had for protection, so not like he had much choice but to learn how to use it...)

Edited by Stratos

Darkboredom I am not accepting any characters at this time as the Owner of this RP is not here. Also just so you know KH, Meta-gaming, as I define it, is when your character knows something you couldn't possibly know. Player Knowledge, like you knowing Shade Byron wasn't actually him, and character knowledge are not the same. Meta-gaming is when you impart Player Knowledge to your character that he has no way of knowing. Hope that helps.

KH I really need you to remove the part about knowing the Shade wasn't the real Byron, that is what I was talking about. I already regarded that the Prophecy didn't mean anything. (As true prophecies can only be made by the Person running of the RP, all others are just heresay. At least that is my rule lol.)

Actually, the whole murder scene between Mr.Taylor and Marcus brings an interesting question to my mind...

Who would win in a knife fight? Marcus or Ethic... not that I'm suggesting anything though... just a random thought... :Kappa:

(What, thought Ethic wouldn't know how to wield a knife because he had the arcana? Well dem roads and travellin and the like can get a bit dangerous from time to time, there was once a time when good ol' "Man Without Honor" was the sole thing Ethic had for protection, so not like he had much choice but to learn how to use it...)

Marcus, I think, just because he now has abnormal speed and strength from killing Taylor.

Quick question Murdoc, does Marcus impart any of his personality onto the people he kills (after they get revived of course) or is it only a one way ticket?

It's one way. You also wouldn't lose any of your life force upon returning.

Dear Mother of god...

51d1263aafa96f7009000013.png?w=400

I just now realized how much of a potential terror that Marcus could become... A killer that becomes even stronger after he claims more victims... It's so simple and subtle, yet that's also why it's so damn genius as an ability... A psychotic killer who could become unstoppable if left unotticed...Bravo, Murdoc, bravo...(I truly mean that, that's clever what you did with the ability)

Edited by Stratos

Dear Mother of god...

51d1263aafa96f7009000013.png?w=400

I just now realized how much of a potential terror that Marcus could become... A killer that becomes even stronger after he claims more victims... It's so simple and subtle, yet that's also why it's so damn genius as an ability... A psychotic killer who could become unstoppable if left unotticed...Bravo, Murdoc, bravo...(I truly mean that, that's clever what you did with the ability)

Actually, my plan was a sort of bitterly ironic one. The more he kills, the more powerful he gets, yes. But, with every murder, he becomes more moral, feeling more remorse and more guilt after each death. However, to get to the point where he feels bad enough to actually be a decent human being, he'd have to leave a trail of corpses.

Yea I saw that coming all along from Murdoc. I knew what he was doing, which is why I trusted him to actually rp correctly. (You saw the post I had where I was messing with him lol, since I said "can it really be counted as character development?" If this was anybody else, I would never allow it for the most part. You got to very good rper to pull this off and have it be believable.)

Edited by Hukuna