Poke-people: Chapter 1: Welcome to Paradise Island.. (RP thread)

grasssnake485

"Oh, sarcus you will never understand me... "(Arrogantly smirks and turns to see the eyes of an angry mrs Alina) "why hello there mrs Alina come for a closer look at me? Please tell me if I have anything on my face, breakfast was messy you see........... Not convinced I see....... Sorry I'm done. (Leans back in chair and passes sarcus a note) "ya know that ralts really isn't bad at all, just a bit shy. You can be irritant and irate all you want but in the end I'm just a teasing jokester with nothing to lose. Someday that ralts will be something great, a name like gallant... It only says so. When I get my pokemon you can tease me too ;) )

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace poked Sarcus. "Hey, wanna battle during our free period? According to my calculations, if it can beat 29 more pokemon, or 10 more pokemon around Guardian Mountain, its gonna evolve!" She bent down to do the last few problems on her homework, and said with triumphance, "Done!"

"You know, I chat with Alina in my free time sometimes. She said the pokemon in Guardian Mountain get up to a nasty level 90! Even Emerald doesnt go there. Alina said she was brave enough to go to Guardian Mountain once, and she said that halfway, theres two mountains called Flare Volcano and Ice Peak right next to each other, and if you dont want to go through the mountains, there's Thunder Valley in the middle. That journey is how she got Arceus. She said Arceus was waiting for someone strong and brave enough to scale Guardian Mountain and come to the temple there."

Sarcus, after reading the note, stowed it in his bag and turned to respond to Grace. "Guardian Mountain? Sounds very interesting indeed. If Arceus lived out there, I wonder who else still does. Anyway though, of course I want to battle. I won't guarantee that you'll win, though; I learned from my parents, and while they might not be able to beat Emerald, they're not exactly Bug Catchers with parties full of Wurmples. " He then returned to his work, quickly filling out the problems from memory.

"Hey, I was the champion of Kalos. Was, at least. Well, I bred my current two pokemon to near perfection. Dont think theyve ever had an appropriate battle against another trainer, unless you count that skirmish against those punks." Grace picked up her bag and walked to the door. "The bell's going to ring any second now." Sure enough, the bell rang immediately after she finished talking. Jogging to avoid the oncoming rush of people from P.E., she sat down on #34, her roll call number. First today, not last. she thought.

((LMFAO. Anyone in favor of me posting the maps of the island and village?))

I learned from my parents, and while they might not be able to beat Emerald, they're not exactly Bug Catchers with parties full of Wurmples.

Edited by grasssnake485

Sarcus followed Grace out of the room, deftly navigating the sea of humanity that crashed through the halls. Champion of Kalos, eh? Well, I've never been to Kalos, but Steven Stone was nothing to sniff at. His thoughts turned to Jake. I can't really seem to get a feel for the kid. He seems nice enough, then he turns around and makes a complete ass of himself. Once he entered the gym, he sat down within conversational range of Grace, while his Pokemon settled in around him. Looking at Blues, an idea started to form in his head. There's got to be a way to hang out with the little guy without hacking my own arm to pieces.

"Hmm period 2... HISTORY!???? Oh boy this is just great..." (Walks to towards the assigned room number in despair awaiting the doom of history that awaited him, like usual he just sat in the first open chair he saw and counted his moments until the bell rang to announce the hell raising known as history class)

Before the bell even rang to signify the beginning of the period, Ryan called, "Okay! Looks like everyone is here, so run a warm-up lap around the gym and get back here in less than two minutes! We're doing wrestling today!"

Grace groaned. While she was fast (enough), she definitely did not have the muscle to wrestle down an opponent in a real fight. Plus, flabebe and honegde arent heavy or big pokemon, and neither are their evolutions. But if she did, then easy kill. Slit the team shadow b***h's throat with her honedge. Grace's hand formed into a tight fist. I will kill ANY team shadow member I come across and torture them to death, she thought.

(flashback)

Grace was sitting on a bench at the dock, waiting for her mom to finish throwing up again from seasickness. Two guards were by her side, apparently because Emerald valued the safety of anybody with at least a quarter of of pokepeople blood. Grace, being alert as always, noticed rustling in the bushes. She got up to investigate, but was nearly tackled by two shadowy shapes that leapt out of the bushes. The two guards immediately raised their spears, knocking her back down onto the bench. "Aegislash! King's Shield!" A barrier formed over Grace, and the two guards got in an offensive position. Several minutes later, both guards were heavily exhausted and injured.

"We'll be taking the girl." the two people, now identified as team shadow, said.

Grace pulled out both of her pokeballs, and shouted, "Well im not going down without a fight! And im not your average little girl either."

"Geez louiz, Emerald opens up the security a bit and this is what happens?" announced her dad, returning from the restrooms. "Grace, I can take care of this." His amulet glowed, and the light enveloped him. Her daad stepped out revealing his other form, a half-infernape. He dashed in, his infernape's speed making him even faster than he usually was, and fire punched one of the team shadow members into the water. The other started backing off, but before he could go too far, Grace's father was behind him and said, "Too late. Shadow Claw. Skarmory, carry the other guard for me? Come, Grace, I left Mom just ahead, I roughly know the way to the village"

(flashback)

Sarcus noticed Grace staring off into the distance, clenching her fist. Well, Gallant noticed, and it freaked the hell out of him, so he pointed it out to Sarcus. From what he understood from Gallant, she was thinking of something particularly stressful, and something that seemed pretty important. It'd be rude to pry, but I want to know what it is she's worried about. "Grace," he called out, snapping his fingers to get her attention. "What are you thinking about? Is something wrong?"

(As jake walked to history) "History class. The class I don't want to be in... Maybe if I tried I could get up and barrel role out of class before she notices me... Nah that's pointless... Maybe sit in class and listen...? No I'll die of stories of crystal amulets... Well this is going to be horrible..." (Sits in a seat and wonders how sarcus and grace are doing) "I need to get sarcus's ralts to message me or something... Totally replaces phones

Edited by Absol-lutelty awesome!

Grace turned around, her murderous intent still in her eyes. Blinking it away, she replied, "Oh, nothing. I was just thinking about when I first got here, some random team shadow grunts attacked me. And honestly, the guards here are getting undertrained. A 2v2 battle with grunts? They lost. Honestly, my dad beat the c**p out of them. One of them nearly killed a guard if I didnt step in. Anyway, my dad got the position of officer the moment Emerald heard of it. She was like, so frikin PISSED."

(Listening intently to the teacher) "If there is a test on the first day like in linking class I swear somebody is getting punched... But wow the crystal amulet is such an interesting topic. I just wonder how my genetic dad is doing... He left so long ago... I hope he's not dead or something..."

(Continues listening) "yep Already knew emerald made the amulet 100 years ago... Man sarcus's ralts would be so much fun to use to talk telekinetically..... It sounds so, awesome!"

She's pissed. Blinking a bit in reaction to Grace's hostility, he blanked for a moment. After a short pause, he asked, "How old were you? I mean, I know they were just grunts, but Shadow sounds a lot tougher than those Aqua idiots. It couldn't have been exactly relaxing." The guards here are that weak? Looks like I'll be up late a lot. We've got training to do. Good thing Dark-types like the, well, dark.

"Hey. Where in the world did your ears go? I said that was only about a week ago! Id have to say, maybe the security is a bit too good. All the guards are slaking off. Anyway, Im going out to train this afternoon, wanna come? I want to get a dratini for my team." She stood up and jogged toward the door. If you want Ryan to kick your a** out the door to do your warm up lap, suit yourself. she thought.

Sarcus scolded himself for not remembering. No, you didn't sound dense at all. "I was planning on training, too. Sounds good." Noting Grace's example, he also proceeded out of the door, grateful for a chance to stretch his legs. He might not be particularly athletic, but he still liked to run. As he exited, he felt a little bit like a mother duck with his team following behind him.

After a very boring/painful/hard wrestling lesson and a non-eventful history lesson, Grace could not have been happier to go to lunch. Once again, her honedge tried and successfully stole two berries, and her flabebe refused to eat until the berries were cut up.

(short posts >.<)

Edited by grasssnake485

Sarcus laughed as Grace lost berries to her Honedge once again. "Do you need help with that?" Absolution had what he deemed a decent amount of food -which was actually reasonable this time- and Gallant just nibbled on a Razz berry. Blues insisted on a large piece of meat, which he stabbed repeatedly before scarfing it down. The Pawniard wasn't used to civilized life yet, and Sarcus had to restrain him from gorging himself, earning himself a few nicks in the process. After he finished his meal, he stood up. "Shall we?" he asked Grace.

"I wonder when I'll get to actually see a Pokemon... It is lunch time so maybe if I could find sarcus and grace I could get some answers... Now where could they be...? (Suddebly a crazed honedge floated by holding berries with its ribbon on the hilt.) "what on earth?... Well, I think I just found myself a grace and sarcus..."

"Absolution, of course. Blues won't be participating in this battle; he hasn't really been trained at all yet." He strolled out to one of the battlefields, party in tow. "This'll work."

((What are the rules for the movepools of Pokemon? I know Pokepeople have unlimited movepool, but the OP doesn't say anything about it.))

((Pokemon can only have 4 moves, like normal. But you can use moves that the pokemon make sense to learn but dont learn, like a swanna using hydro pump, and you can use them regardless of level. Dont abuse that though.))

"Okay then, If youre not going, then I will! Sakura, use misty terrain!" A silver-pink mist emanated from the flabebe, and spread to cover the battlefield.

"What? Loud noises now too? What a period... I go for a short stroll around campus and already there's yelling... Meh I should ignore it... (Mood swing) or maybe... I should go check it out! (Climbs a nearby tree and crouches down in a v-like branch formation of the tree.) "finally, these two use pokemon for something other than to watch them and train them all day... But I should be careful of incoming fire..."

Absolution took the attack, barely remaining on its feet. "Come on buddy, you can do it! Use Play Rough!" The Absol charged forward, grinning, heading straight at Sakura. "We'll see how you like this."

Edited by KingMurdoc