Poke-people: Chapter 1: Welcome to Paradise Island.. (RP thread)

grasssnake485

Alina walked over to the only kid in the classroom. "Youre Jake right? Read this over and when you think youve memorized it, Ill give you the quiz you missed yesterday."

Meanwhile, Grace was out in the hall reviewing the choices of magic Emerald gave them yesterday. "Healing Magic would defintely be useful. But should I take illusionary magic or psychic magic or offensive magic? I could fool opponets with illusions, but if i knew psychic magic, i could invade enemies minds and read their memories for info. Plus, i would get telepathy with my pokemon and teammates. Im not too strong of a fighter i guess, my main skill is speed, so offensive magic would be really useful." she mused to herself.

15 minutes later, Grace had decided on healing and offensive magic.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(After 5 minutes of reviewing) "ok I think I got it lemme see this quiz it shouldn't be to terrible" (he smugly crossed his leg across the other and leaned back waiting for the quiz after all he had memorized the information)

Edited by Absol-lutelty awesome!

(Writes down for 1)

"Linking is a connection to a pokemon accessed by befriending the pokemon connected to the amulet you have and becoming so very well linked that the pokemon can become connected to your amulet however the pokemon must be a perfect link to the amulet wielder to work best.

Number 2

Emerald created the sacred crystal amulet

Number 3

100 years ago at poke peoples near extinction

(Turns in test and sits back in chair crossing legs and twiddling thumbs)

Sarcus dragged himself from his dwelling in town up to the academy, partners following in a similar state. That was one reason he related to Dark-types in particular; he loved the night. The cool light of the moon, giving plain landscapes surprising beauty, the crisp, cool night air, the quiet that lay over everything. Unfortunately, this love had impacts on the rest of his life. In a phrase: NOT a morning person. Groggily, he noticed Grace and the kid from yesterday walking into the building. Perking up slightly, he hurried inside the academy, catching up to Grace. "Hey, Grace. Meet my new friend, Blues." He guestured to the Pawniard trailing behind him. The small Pokémon was tired from the walk to the academy, so Absolution was encouraging the Steel type forward.

"Looks like you like pokemon that have blades, huh? What happened to your hand?" asked Grace as she bent down to pet Blues. "OW!" She grabbed her left hand in pain. "you know, I wonder how Emerald had the guts to stab herself like that yesterday." Grace looked at her hand. An inch long cut was seeping blood. Grace gulped. "Well, lets try this. I studied up on healing magic yesterday, and I think I got the basic healing spell for minor cuts and bruises down." An orb of light appeared in her hand, and slowly, very slowly, her hand started to show sighs of healing. Except Grace was showing signs of exaustion far faster than her hand was healing.

(Sitting in class still waiting for some result)

<_< "when do the bells ring... I need to get out of here. Or at least see a test result something worth my time

Maybe that grace person can tell me what exactly an amulet does. Or maybe she's just crazy...I don't really care which... I just need some test result or next period or something..."

"You might not want to-" Sarcus started to say.

"OW!" Grace yelped.

"-pet him. His entire body is made of blades." As Grace started to heal her hand, he noticed her rapidly tiring. "Uh, are you okay? Emerald mentioned that healing magic could be kind of difficult. I'll just find one of the teachers to do that for you." The Pawniard looked rather abashed. "It's alright, bud, you can't really help it." Sarcus looked back at Grace with concern. "Gallant, can you please go get someone?" The Ralts looked back at him nervously. "Absolution, go with him." The two trotted off in the direction of the closest classroom.

"What the...?" (Jake watched the ralts hide behind the door when he saw it and was closely followed by another pokemon that tugged his sleeve. Jake followed it out to the courtyard and eventually it reached its destination, the girl grace and some guy with her)

"Sure I'll get a teacher but please be more specific with this ralts... It doesn't exactly seem to know what it's doing at all. The teacher will return to class and see me gone and think I'm some sort of truant. Cya I'll be back with a teacher I guess."

(5 minutes later) here you go miss.......... Linking teacher person for my first period...

I'll be back in class ma'am just deal with what's up here.

(Runs off)

Alina handed back the papers from the quiz. "I was fairly disappointed by your ability to read directions. The class average was 64%. The only one who got 100% was Grace. Most of you didnt use complete sentences when answering the last 2 questions. OKAY LISTEN UP! I will say this once. Single word answers are not acceptable on anything unless it is a yes/no question. Pretty good Jake, you got 75%. Sarcus, even better. 83%."

"Grrrrr... First grade is a 75 unexceptable... This is the worst grade I've got since 2 weeks ago when I was back In a normal school... But sarcus and grace better than me?... I won't take this... I'm going to destroy every test I ever take with 100s I will no matter what be the best..." (Smashes the paper)

"Only 83%? Did I really pay that little attention?" Sarcus said to himself. He was still miffed about what Jake had said about his Ralts, and this only added to his frustration. Evidently, he wasn't the only one dissatisfied with their score. He noticed the younger boy slamming his fist down on his paper. He seemed pretty bent about it, which gave Sarcus a small amount of satisfaction. He knew he shouldn't be thinking negatively about Jake already, but Sarcus was not known for levelheadedness.

Grace reached over and poked Jake. "hey, dont worry, this test is only 6 points so overall, it wont look so bad on your grade. You only missed 1.5 points, which, on a test with so few points makes your grade seem much lower than it actually is."

(Mood swing)

"No grace it's different than that it's that I've always been good at school things and despite my double personalities that I'm looking forward to having emerald try to fix them I try my best... And my double personalities just get in the way. My more serious side is more violent and doesn't want to pay attention you see. It's not the test it's... Myself. I am a person torn in half and it makes me useless. I hurt people and then confuse them by being nice with a mood swing... It's complicated I just need emerald... (A tear falls from my eye) my life is so complicated because I hurt everyone I ever talk to and then confuse them later. It's torture. I'm all alone because of that. I just can't live like this...

"Well, dont think Emerald can help you there. She's a leader, not a psychologist." Who did this guy think he was? Emerald had to lead a regrowing village with tons of problems, little money, and a tiny fighting force in case of emergencies. She only taught one period a day, 6th period Magic. If she didnt have the time to teach the normal 3 periods, she most likely didny have time to listen to a kid's problems.

"Magic isnt exactly a panacea. Honestly, I know a few people that are like you. Just learn to live with it."

"Shut UP! Grace, Jake, do you want to get detention?" shouted Alina, her usual tolerable self gone.

The class only got louder as they started discussing their quiz answers. Alina sighed. Idiots, she muttered. "Since you guys obviously think the quiz results are more important than my lecture, I'll just leave the textbook pages on the board and the homework on my desk."

Edited by grasssnake485

Sarcus winced at the tone in the teacher's voice. While he wasn't a big fan of school in general (he preferred learning based upon his own decisions), he had the utmost respect for teachers. He stood up and walked to her desk to pick up the homework. "Sorry about that," he apologized, despite the fact that the only person he had discussed his results with was himself. "I know we can be more than a bit frustrating sometimes." He returned to his desk, folded the homework once and stuffed it into the back of the textbook, and started reading the chapter. He had overheard the conversation Grace was having with the younger kid.

Sarcus, after reading a few paragraphs in the book, moved to join the conversation, taking an unoccupied desk nearby. "Hey, Jake, is it? I overheard your conversation with Grace." With some assistance from Gallant, of course, he added to himself. "I know where you're at. I've been there. When I was younger, I had no real friends. None. I don't know how I got the friends I have now, either. And I know it sucks to offend people without really meaning to. I used to do it all the time, and still do it now. You'll probably be annoyed with me saying this, but the only way to deal with mood swings is to accept them. Take them in, and roll with them. You have to suppress the negative ones, but just trust me. I, personally, don't have a middle range. I'm almost emotionless half of the time. For the other half, I'm a veritable fountain of it. I don't get sad, I get depressed. No irritation, just white-hot rage. But, I also don't get excited; I bounce off the walls almost exploding with energy, though you might not be able to tell at first glace. I feel bliss where others feel contentment. Like now, I get passionate about almost everything I do. So my advice to you about dealing with your problem is; don't deal with it. Make it a part of you." After a few moments, he realized the speech he had just made to someone who was almost a complete stranger. He breathed heavily as a wave of anxiousness hit him.

..."sarcus yes? You're quite right about trying to except the mood swings but it's very hard to think during these swings because they happen at random times causing my brain to completely shut down while trying to fix them. However if I could just role with it maybe it could be controlled or used as an advantage. And maybe... Maybe that ralts of yours isn't such a screw up after

All..." (gives it a prideful smirk to complement it)

His eyes narrowed. "Hey, lay off my Ralts. Gallant made one mistake because I wasn't specific enough; that doesn't mean he's a failure as a Pokemon." Sarcus knew that Jake had just apologized, after a fashion, but it still irritated him. "I don't go around insulting your partners."

Suddenly out of thin air I teleported into the Academy.

"Layle, can you please lay off the teleporting?" I ask my Abra. "So this is the Academy?"

"Tai, Tai."

"Xane can you see if any one is in here?"

"Ta,Low" said the Taillow in agreement.