Poke-people: Chapter 1: Welcome to Paradise Island.. (RP thread)

grasssnake485

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Off campus? I do believe that was the issue in the first place. Anyway though, I just realized I've been rude. I haven't introduced my partners to you, yet." He waved a hand at them. "This is Absolution. He's kind of quiet, but still pretty friendly." He walked back to the Absol, and picked up something there. "Here's another friend of mine. He's rather shy, but somehow ended up with the name Gallant." He said this as he held up a very nervous-looking Ralts. "I don't know what to do with him, really. Somehow, him and Absolution are friends, but he's almost too panicky to train."

Oh, I thought you were like a gang or something at first! Hi, my names jake and I'm new to campus I've already missed so much of school today that I got the day off. Meaning tommorow you'll actually see me. Thanks for the introductions though! (Runs off down the street)

(Absol-lutely, PLZPLZPLZ for the sake of humanity use quotation marks! Type this like how you would write a novel! I can barely understand you.)

Ryan turned around and shouted "All right class, enough of the drama, go run your mile!" But before any of the students had the time to leave, a woman in a green dress came striding around the building. She had an air of "Dont mess with me or youll see the stars" around her, and piercing gold eyes.

"Psst, Sarcus. That's Emerald. You do NOT want to get on her bad side." Grace whispered "I met her yesterday, my dad and I came a day early just so he could introduce me to his old friends."

"8:51!" Ryan shouted as Grace finished the mile, breathless. She trodded up to the building and leaned against it.

((I thought Emerald was a guy. Herp.))

"Hmm. She definitely looks like a powerful Trainer," Sarcus mused, half to himself. He then proceeded to follow the rest of the class, encouraging his team to follow him. Neither was particularly fast; they all needed the practice. After a short time, he arrived at the end of his mile, out of breath.

"10:08. You can do better than that. Go join the rest of the class in cooling down." Sarcus gladly obliged.

(I think youre thinking emerald the manga character.)

"I thought absols were faster? At least faster than a flabebe or honedge. Well, theres always a first!" Grace teased.

The bell rang as Grace stood up. "Well, we have history, and then its lunch. I wonder who's the history teacher?"

((btw, just skip through history. I havent made a teacher for that class yet ^^"))

Sarcus munched on the cafeteria's food. "I know they've usually got better food near the beginning of a school year, but this is actually pretty good." He picked up part of his meal and fed it to his Absol, who wolfed it down noisily. "You're not going to starve to death, calm down," he scolded it lightly. Glancing at his Ralts, who looked rather disappointed, he reassured it. "Don't worry, I've got something for you too." He picked an oran berry off of his plate and waved the Psychic-type forward. while holding back the Absol. It walked shyly forward, lifted the berry toward itself with a telekinetic force, then retreated back into the nearby corner. "Don't be like that," he said softly. "We're all friends here."

"Are you planning to evolve him into a gallade or gardevoir? If youre going for gallade, you can have my dawn stone. I picked one up the other day." Grace pulled out a knife and cut up a chesto berry and fed it to her flabebe. "Does your absol by any chance have a high HP stat? That could explain why it eats so much. Anyway, I heard the magic teacher is Emerald. I cant wait for 6th period, that class is going to be awesome!"

As Grace turned back around, she noticed her honedge stealing pecha berries off her plate. "Guardian, stop that now!" When caught in the act, the honedge just giggled and tossed the berry in the air, high out of Grace's reach.

( read this. can you guess my pokemon's characteristics? its hinted by its favorite berries.)

Edited by grasssnake485

"Thanks. I was planning on evolving him into Gallade, thank you. You're sure I can just have this?" He took the Stone and carefully stowed it in his bag. "I wonder what magic class is. Sounds a bit strange; but then, what do you call what Pokemon do?" He glared at his Absol as it positioned itself to catch the berry. "You're going to get fat off of those, I tell you." The berry suddenly stopped midair, then floated down gently onto Grace's plate. His Ralts walked up nervously toward the Flabebe, and cried softly as it. "Looks like someone finally decided to join in." He reached over and patted Gallant softly. "Good job, buddy."

Grace walked into the magic classroom. The initial feeling of shock was replaced by a flood of questions seconds later as she walked in. The back wall was missing, or at least it appeared to be missing. There was a bubble surrounding Emerald's desk, and inside was Emerald, her head on her hands and staring intently at the class. Various objects were floating in midair, and a desk was transforming into a chair and back. "Woah." she said. The next thing she noticed as she looked for an empty seat was Orpha was sitting next to the only two empty seats in the classroom.

((from now on, NPC posts will be seperate from my character's posts.

(Pondering in my room) "if I quit the academy then I won't be able to do anything out here useful, this place is the exact opposite of well known civilization so there's not many jobs I can try out for... Well I have no choice but to stay then...-_- I guess I just have to wait for tommorow to come and see what the heck awaits me..."

"Welcome again to the Pokecademy. I would like to thank you all again for coming, as we currently are not very impressive as a civilization and prone to be attacked any time. Anyway, unlike most trainers, the strength of a Pokemon does not completely affect the strength of a Poke-person. Likewise, a strong trainer with a weak pokemon might be equally strong as another trainer with inverted skills. This is where physical ability and magic come in handy. There are four basic types of magic: Illusionary Magic, Psychic Magic, Healing Magic, and Offensive magic. Illusionary magic examples are the "missing wall" behind you, transformation, and of course, illusions. Im sure most of you know what psychic magic is, one of the greatest users of it is Sabrina, leader of Saffron City's gym. Healing magic is fairly dangerous in the more advanced parts, one thing wrong could cause death. My sister and I each know one of the ultimate healing spells, an immortality spell and a revival spell, both of which i do not wish to teach you. And since I havent shown you an example yet, I will now."

Emerald pulled out a knife from her sleeve, and without hesitation, plunged it into her arm. Leaving the blood-coated knife on her desk, a small, glowing orb of energy formed on her fingertip. She pressed it to her wound, and it immediately began repairing itself.

Edited by grasssnake485

Sarcus jumped when Emerald whipped out a knife. He briefly wondered what she was going to do with it. His question was answered by Emerald. . . stabbing herself? If Sarcus jumped, Gallant nearly fainted, being on the receiving end of all of the feelings of shock in the room. As Emerald set the knife down, he stared at the bloody blade for a moment. Well, she certainly knows how to drive a point home. He half chuckled, half winced at the accidental pun. He had various questions, but he chose the one that was the simplest and easiest to word. "What about offensive magic? Just from the name, I have a fairly good idea of what it is, but you didn't mention it past your initial list."

"I will be leaving that up for Shimmer to explain, as she is much more proficient in that field than me." She gestured towards a young woman with silver hair in the corner who immediately stood up.

"Come with me, class, I have much to show you; Im not as good as explaining as Emerald." She led the class up to the missing back wall, and walked right through it. Once outside, she held her hands together a spinning sphere of white appeared. Shimmer flung the sphere toward a tree, where the ball expanded and flattened into a giant spinning blade of wind. "That was called the Gale Blade. One of the harder spells, it requires you to not only be able to concentrate your energy to the point where it is so dense that it will expand many time its size when released, you also have to be able to transform the shape and type of energy. That was a flying-type spell. Now, which type do you want me to show you next?"

"Then here we go." Shimmer held up two fingers together and her body started glowing. She raised her hand and made a slashing motion, and a wave of orange energy flew out and cut the fallen tree in half again. "This is one of the easiest and most useful spell known. Its called Aura Scythe. However, the amount of damage it deals changes with the strength and concentration of the user. Anybody notice my eyes were closed the entire time? If I lost concentration, the aura would dissipate, leaving me with a very weak spell. This spell's power ranges from only able to give someone a nick to being able to slice through the thickest of trees."

"I will take one more request. What type do you want to see?"

((*cough* *cough* naruto references *cough*))

Grace's hand shot up like a bullet. "Can you do a fairy type one? From what I heard, Dragon, fairy, and ghost are the hardest types to use."

"Okay then. This is Fairy Wings. It lasts for about 2 minutes, and grants flight and a huge boost to fairy type moves." Shimmer clapped her hands together and closed her eyes. A sparkling pair of wings sprouted out of her back, first dullly, then became fully fledged feathered wings.

The bell rang. "Okay, class, I want you to decide which two categories of magic you would like to specialize in, and youre dismissed!" Emerald called.

Edited by grasssnake485

(The next morning jake woke up to the usual idiotic ranting of his brother, he ignored him. He did his usual morning routine of brushing his teeth and eating and glaring at the wall until it was time to go to the academy.)

"Finally now I can leave to see what all this is about..."

(He swiftly rode to the academy on a bike still wondering how such a place was so hard to find, when he arrived he waited at the front doors until the doors would open 20 minutes later, annoyed he sat in wait. Nobody else seemed to be to the front doors just yet however) (as I looked around I really got a feel of how absolutely huge the academy was, I was of course still waiting outside with nobody currently in sight...)

"Maybe somebody will show up and I can have a chat with them about what the heck this is about... Poke people? Is this some kind of Greek myth school?"

Edited by Absol-lutelty awesome!

Grace and her dad jogged up to the gates. "Hey, not bad. The new kid got here before you could even open the doors!"

Her dad opened the gates with a wave of his arm.

"You excited?" Grace asked. "The first day was awesome, you didnt miss much except for Emerald and Shimmer's awesome magic display. And a lecture that doesnt really include much improtant stuff. Im sure Emerald will catch you up, she's strict but fair."

"Training isn't worth anything, if you're smarter you're better. I could've beat their pokemon if I had a magikarp that knew flail and had a focus sash... It's about stradegy to me. Now are we going inside or not?"

(Sudden mood swing)

"Oh I'm sorry about being mean it's just... I really don't like being mean or nice I just can't seem to control my emotions! I'd need a magical spell or a medicine or something to fix it. If I could I would finally be normal! I could actually use my real personality. A funny and serious quiet guy at the same time instead of two split up kicking in at random times"

(Mood swing)

"I guess I'll never get to be normal... It would take a miracle..."

Edited by Absol-lutelty awesome!

"Yes, strategy counts, I was the Kalos champion for a few years, but you need strategy, skill, and strength to be tops. True, there are pokemon like rattata and aron and magikarp that can take down a pokemon, but lots of people know that already. And Ive seen more people with counters to it in their team than people that exploit that strategy."

Grace walked in, thankful for the warm air inside. She went straight to her locker and dumped her backpack in, filling a small messenger bag with some necessities.

((short posts. -_- ))

(Stares at schedule very smugly) "locker 1027... Downstairs by the school stairs..." (Finds the locker and unloads things) "class one... Linking...?" (Heads into the room number and sits in a chair every staring at me and i ignore them and wait for the teacher to rant about something)

(Previous day)

After the school day ended, Sarcus slipped out of the stream of people leaving the academy to head to the forest. Because he wasn't particularly accustomed to the area, he stuck near the village, where it was easier to find his way back to the place he was staying. He still had a few hours before he needed to get to bed, and he needed to train his partners. He wandered about aimlessly among the widely spaced trees, battling the occasional wild pokemon. He was careful not to hurt them too badly, though, just fighting until they were frightened off. This continued for a few hours, until he heard a loud crack and a frantic cry a short distance away. He walked quickly but cautiously toward the source of the noises, which continued as he moved, until their source came into sight.

He saw a small, red Pokemon being chased about by a much larger and apparently very angry blue pokemon. Neither one was familiar to him, so he hid behind a tree, urging his Pokemon behind it, and pulled out his Pokedex. As it booted up, he quickly flipped the volume down to the minimum. He didn't particularly feel like being punched by an upset Fighting-type. The machine told him that the small one was a Pawniard, a Dark-Steel type, and the large one was indeed a Fighting type called Sawk. He briefly wondered where the Pawniard's parents were, until another loud crack sounded. The Sawk had punched the ground inches away from the Pawniard, who cried in sheer terror. He had an idea. Leaning down toward Gallant, he whispered, "Confusion." The small Psychic type nodded, then looked intently at the Sawk. It jumped, and shouted angrily, stopping its assault to look about angrily. Please please please please please please . . . Sarcus thought nervously. It finally glared at something unseen toward the mountains, and charged off.

Sarcus walked up to the small Pokemon, which was sitting on the ground, still crying occasionally. He walked toward it, and lifted it gently. Well, he tried to, anyway. "Ow!" Sarcus gasped, drawing back his arm. Upon closer inspection, the Pokemon's body was made entirely of sharpened blades; something Sarcus wished he had noticed earlier. "Hey, buddy." The Pokemon looked up. "How's it going?" The steel-type took a couple nervous steps back. "It's alright, bud." He looked back at Absolution. "You know I'm a nice guy, right?" The Absol gave him a look, but walked up to the other Dark-type anyway. After a couple minutes, the two seemed to reach an agreement. "Everything's settled then?" Sarcus turned back toward the village, with three Pokemon in tow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Give me one second to write the next part.))