Poke-people: Chapter 1: Welcome to Paradise Island.. (RP thread)

grasssnake485

"I'm sorry. It's just. . . Sorry." Sarcus had nearly collected himself by this point. "If I knew how to stop it, I would. I'm just a bit rattled at the moment. I don't know how much you know about what just happened." He followed Emerald as she talked to Grace, since magic class was his next one. Damn it, he thought. We were done with this. No more breaking down because you got a little pissed off. Now you cried in front of Emerald. What kind of message does that send?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(As jake stumble about the stairway to the school falling down twice, he was still rattled by hitting his head on the tree and going unconscious. When he was finally inside he looked around for a clock and he had seen 3 figures walking down the hallway, however jake was in no condition to catch them and he search for a clock. When he finally found one on the wall near the principals office he checked and saw that 6th and final period was starting. "Magic class" he thought as he continued stumbling to the room's location and shortly before he reached it his vision and mind had finally cleared. Around him he saw two pokemon slowly walking next to him worried looking, sneasel and houndour. Jake was sill unable to run from the incident and he had not been able to catch up with the three people although he slowly dragged behind about 50 yards or so away)

((Murdoc, not a good one. Lol, JK))

Grace's brow furrowed as Jake, stumbled in loudly to Magic class a minute late. Emerald, however, took her anger to a verbal level. "Well, can you be any louder Jake? Or any later? You arrived over two hours late yesterday, disrupted the PE class, and then you walk in unprepared for today. In case you all dont know, if you miss a day, then get the info you need from a friend. I will not be re-covering anything you missed, so PAY ATTENTION! Ok, so we're splitting up into groups according to magic type preferences, one group per hour. When the hour is over we switch. I am teaching healing magic, Shimmer takes offensive, Alina does psychic, while Draco does illusion. Line up with your respective teachers QUIETLY!"

"Hehehe a bit on the angry side are we miss emerald? You know getting knocked out is a perfectly legitimate reason to miss out on class you see... (stumbles) and maybe I should go for offensive or illusionary skills... Don't you think emerald? Always alluding class after all you'd think a liar's move like that would just suit me don't you?...Never was the happy cheery healing type you see... Infact I'm so bad with keeping away from me apparently that, I even knocked myself out" (wheezes a laugh) "say miss... You could actually help me out I'm feeling... Horrible... And what was that you asked about me getting any louder? Infact... I think here comes your answer... Now---(falls from fatigue and cannot get up)

Edited by Absol-lutelty awesome!

Emerald walked over, her expresion conveying pure rage. "Miss another class, you're out of here. Wreak hell one more time, I will kick you and your family back to where you came from. And to let you know, I am perfectly capable of telling illusion from reality." Her voice quivering with anger, "You get detention today. Find someone with the notes you need and BE PREPARED for tomorrow! You will be on cleaning duty today. I want to see a trash bag at least halfway filled by the end of the day with trash from the campus."

Sarcus, trying to avoid notice as much as possible due to his earlier situation, quietly moved to stand with Alina. He was still deciding between offensive and healing magic, but he had settled on wanting to use psychic power. It had various applications, all of which he could apply tactically in a battle. Upon seeing Jake's behavior, he simply shook his head slightly. One should show a little more respect for one's teachers. . . did he just fall over? He walked over to the fallen Trainer, and stooped over him, trying to figure out what had caused this. It quickly became apparent. "He's got a nasty bump on his head." He wilted slightly at Emerald's rage, which just happened to be directed exactly in his direction due to his position. However, he took a breath, and turned to face Emerald. "I know we share an opinion of this kid, but he needs some help here. I'm not sure how, but he seems to have seriously hurt himself somehow." Not like he deserved it, or anything, with what he was trying to do to Gallant and Grace.

"Hehehe... I can... Hear you sarcus... Hehe I might not be the best little angel sometimes...But I can't exactly move..." Share an opinion or not... It looks like I won't Exactly be around to say much anymore... Emerald you can be mad all you want but it's point blank... I can tell... A knock out and a half conscious child on the floor?... And you're still angry?... I honor your tenacity to teach but look at the situation ma'am... I can't keep my eyes open much longer so-----..... (Silence fell upon jake and he loosed into sarcus's grasp no longer speaking)

Emerald sighed. Her hand glowed and a ribbon of magic flew out. It enveloped Jake as Emerald said,"Nurse's office"

"He disappeared," Grace whispered.

Emerald announced, "Teleportation spell, psychic category. Now go. I dont want this class to be disturbed any further."

Alina quickly shooed the students away from where Jake had been laying. "Come on now, nothing to see here, Jake will be fine," she said as she urged them away. "Now, whoever wants to specialize in Psychic magic, follow me." After waiting a moment for students to gather near her, she led the way down the hall to another room.

The room was roughly the same size as the previous one, but that was where the resemblance ended. There were simple cushions instead of desks, and the room was darkened, lit by candlelight. There were objects of various shapes and sizes around the edges of the room. Alina gestured for the class to come in. "Sit or stand, whichever one you find better for concentration." The class obeyed, with most students electing to use the cushions. Sarcus and a couple others remained standing. "Now, what we're going to learn first is one of the more basic elements of psychic magic: sending your thoughts to someone else. . ."

(Upon waking I was apparently in a bed... But how? Jake didn't know at all, so as he tried to remember what even happened a person entered the room. The head trauma he had been suffering however deformed the person and it appeared to be some terrifying creature. As jake focused more it seemed to be carrying tools on a belt. Confused he looked around and moved away from the creature. As he looked around he noticed sneasel and houndour hiding under he bed next to him. Jake planned to kill the creature with the cutting tool on his bedside table. Sneasel and houndour nodded not to and jake went with their decision.)

"What are you? Where am I? Is this... An office of some sort?"

(Jake's vision came into focus and he noticed the room was the nurses office he had seen on the day one tour. He then realized that the only way he could've gotten here was either by emerald or by sarcus carrying him. Which couldn't of happened. Sarcus wasn't THAT considerate of jake. Meaning it had to be emerald.)

Hehehehehehehe... hahahahahaha!!! Emerald was just bruting! She was only taking out her anger on me! She cared enough to teleport spell me!I should go thank her for that... When she denies it I can call her out for helping me. She did care enough apparently. "Thanks nurse but I've gotta go!"

(A few minutes later jake arrived in the classroom and came into the room while emerald's back was turned and sat in his seat so she would turn directly into him while jake thought of a way to say thank you without directly saying so)

((Hey, youre disrupting the class again. you should be in cleaning duty.))

"... the main concept of healing magic is concentration, like all other magic, but healing requires a whole new level of concentration. It also requires a high level of control to maintain a steady flow of energy to heal."

Grace noticed Jake had come back into the class. Oh crap, I do NOT want to be here when Emerald starts yelling again..

("Hehehe i can't wait to see the look on her face when I say thanks for the help and Just casually walk out for cleaning duty... And that reminds me... Forget picking it up... Houndour can use ember on them! This will be to easy!)

Grace raised her hand. "May I go to the bathroom?" she asked.

"Yes." was Emerald's reply. "And by the way," she continued without looking up, "what are you doing here Jake? I thought I told you that you were on cleaning duty? And dont even think about burning the trash, 1. I can read your mind, and 2. I am an even worse fan of air pollution than ground pollution."

Edited by grasssnake485

"GAH! YOU CAN DO THAT!? Oh emerald there's just no escaping you..." (Jake was absolutely stunned. Once he regained control of himself he spoke) Hahahahaha!!! I could learn a think to two from you it seems! But never the less I will some day! Alright, like an honest man I'll be off to do my duty! (Turning to sneasel and houndour) come on! Every last scrap of duck on the wind boys! Let's get going! (Jake of course was using a fake happy personality. He was beginning to fear emerald, she was rather terrifying. He went for the door and walked until he got to the first piece of trash. He then lifted up the piece of paper and snickered.) "isn't this going to be just fine...(His smile faded hoping emerald couldn't tell his happy personality to do the job was fake.) lets get this stupid job done..."

Emerald eyed Jake as he walked out. He's planning something, she thought.

That kid is crazy, Grace thought as she walked to the bathroom. At this rate, he'll be kicked out before we even get our progress reports! She hurried back to class as fast as possible, not wanting to miss too much. She reviewed the content Emerald just taught in her mind. The most important thing is to make sure you dont spend excess energy healing. Too much can result in slower healing and energy lost. That was exactly what she did that morning.

'"Hehehehehe!!! Alright hot air creates air lifts ok houndour! And sneasel! Cold air creates air vacuums towards the ground! Which means! If we were to put those things together we could create a whirlwind all over the school as we walk to suck all the trash up behind us as we go! Then when we're done we'll stop the air commotion and pick up all the trash! Genius! Alright houndour! Make heat around your body (houndour began growling lightly) now sneasel use your hail move to make the air cold! (Sneasel began to emanate cold air) see the whirlwind is beginning! Lets get this trash tornado going so we can clean the school up! And don't walk into the classrooms with it though! Worksheets aren't trash! Lets go" (the whirlwind whipped up and they began walking slowly picking up trash as they went) "perfect! Now just continue carefully!"

As Grace walked back to class, she felt a breeze stir the air. Turning around, she saw that Jake was using his two pokemon to create an air current to sweep all the trash into the bag without any effort. She facepalmed. Youre missing the entire point of a punishment. Though she did have to admit that it was a pretty smart plan. Not wanting Jake to see her out of class, she ducked into another hallway and stepped back into class, when she heard the last few words of Emerald's lecture. D*** it. I missed something.

Edited by grasssnake485

"Come on houndour and sneasel we've almost got this hallway's trash done! Together we can Finish this! Just a few more pieces! (All the trash from the hallway began to stir above jake and his pokemon's heads and then jake lifted his hand signaling the pokemon to stop and they picked up the trash tossing it into the trash can) now to the next hall!" (Jake and his pokemon ran off to the next hallway trying to be quiet to not alert all the classes they ran by. When they reached the next hall they followed the same plan, creating a larger gust this time and all that halls trash came flying to them. They followed this plan until they finished the upstairs hallway block with reletive ease.)

"Alright now lets hit downstairs after a quick break!" (After a few minutes they went downstairs to handle the downstairs area which was much larger however. So jake cleverly thought by finding an epicenter of air flow. By the stairs they could remove the other hallway's trash and then finish up with the cafeteria) "ok guys make this one bigger than ever!" (After some efforts from the pokemon a huge gust was formed and it sweeped out the halls) "good job guys! Now lets for our final effort finish the cafeteria!"

(At the cafeteria the pokemon made another huge effort and got most of the trash. The rest was stuck under tables and on chairs which they ran around and picked) " we did it!" (Jakes pokemon cheered and jumped about with happiness and they returned to emerald's class quickly)

The class was winding down as they neared the end of an hour. The lessons had been delayed somewhat when what sounded like a massive whirlwind swept through the halls outside, breaking almost everyone's concentration. Most of the class seemed to have the art of sending your thoughts to another. However, the process of creating a two-way path for someone not trained as they were was for another day. It required significantly more focus, and still had limitations. If they didn't think clearly enough, you could get back exactly what they had been trying to eliminate earlier in the lesson; jumbled mixes of sensations, emotions, images, and feelings that made little to no sense for one on the outside looking in.

When the lesson ended, Sarcus decided to try out his new skill. He focused intently on Emerald's classroom, trying to narrow his focus to Grace only. Content with his concentration, he sent his message. Hey, Grace. My lesson went well; how about yours? He carefully suppressed other background thoughts, lest other, more personal ideas filter through.

((Absol, you missed everything.))

"... Read pages 24-31 for homework, then answer there questions. Youre dismissed as soon as the bell rings." Emerald said.

Grace quickly scribbled the answers to a few questions as the bell rang. That same moment, a message from Sarcus popped into her head. She wasnt sure how to reply to it, so she just concentrated on her reply and sending it to Sarcus.

(Jake got a paper out and opened to the specified pages and then became very confused)"Uhhhh... Number 1........ The basis to creating illusions.... Yep I won't be finishing my homework tonight..."

(Jake walked out the door quickly while his pokemon followed behind and he caught up with grace) "hey grace when do you think I'll be getting an amulet? These pokemon are a pain to just have around... They aren't very under control... I need to take one of these tests once I'm ready... These two are worse than I am!

"Im going into the forest to look for a dratini now, wanna come? Sarcus said he wanted to tag along so Im just waiting for him. And honestly? The amulet isnt going to help. Unlike pokeballs, the pokemon can come out anytime, and to me, they look like they like you, they just like making trouble as well. Look at the bright side, they have a high speed stat."

((But...DAT DRAGONITES A PSUEDO!!!! I KNOW MAH DRAGONS!))

"Sure I'd love to! I need to find a new pokemon anyways! So are we going to head now or later?"

(Sneasel and houndour jumped with excitement at the thought of battles and wild pokemon)

"Wait a second... I should tell emerald about my homework issue... Just a second!"

(Jake ran off towards emerald's classroom)