True Ending

Polaris

46 minutes ago, Ravenleaf182 said:

Wait, one of those feels super super super hard...do you really need to win *THAT* encounter on the mountain for this route to happen? cus I'm going to have to readjust everything for that one encounter specifically...it also makes the anna route seem far more rewarding/proper then with how much has to go into achieving it

To save you rework, just search for ''workaround'' tactics to beat this garchomp. Prankster Mukrow with Perish Song for instance.

• Like 1

There are also lots of other tactics. I remember I used some cotton spore Whimsicott + sth. else tactics (Curse? Toxic? I can't remember...), and some of the first people to beat Solaris used FEAR (Focus Sash Endeavour Quick Attack Rattata). By now, there are lots of strategies you can pull off (which you can also check on his wiki page), so Solaris is actually not that fearsome anymore :)

(Some of my favourite tactics are Sturdy + Flash + healing items if all else fails, so that may be another option.) 

That said, yes, Anna's path looks more rewarding because it requires these specific efforts/choices. I haven't yet played through the whole of postgame yet, so I can't judge that yet, but maybe you can see it this way: The different routes add replay value and a deeper meaning to different interactions. For me personally, it is equally rewarding to see characters act completely different in routes where different things happened. 

Spoiler

For example, I really liked how Victoria confronted Solaris on Zekrom or how Lin teases you throughout the postgame, so I don't consider Zekrom or Lin any "less" than Reshiram or Anna. They're just different. 

I also remember how many people preferred the Zekrom events to the Reshiram route, so whether a route is really rewarding probably depends on the player ^^

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have only completed the postgame on the Lin route, but from looking around it seems the overall difference in the Anna route is that

Spoiler

because of some specific choices by the player, through some kind of butterfly effect, Lin doesn't try to kill them at the end. And so, instead of Lin bringing people back in the postgame, she has to die and Anna brings the same people back instead.

In that case, not only is the Anna route not the 'better' route, but it also isn't really a 'true ending' imo. Sure, it has some extra lore, but it is very little relative to the size of the game. For a very rough analogy, in Undertale,

Spoiler

the Genocide route reveals some lore that is definitely relevant to the story, but is not needed to understand and does not invalidate the other routes.

Edited by Karvanha

From what I have been told on Reddit there is no "True Ending" or even a defined "Good" or "Bad" ending. All endings are equal alternatives and the Lin and Anna paths are two halves of a whole as the Lin path contains context that is missing from the Anna path which the latter is confusing without. As such Ame recommends doing both paths starting  with Lin. 

On 4/22/2022 at 10:50 PM, Eloquent Liar said:

I personally......don't like that this was said at all and am highly disappointed with it even if (or perhaps especially because) it came from Ame's mouth herself, because-

Hide contents

-the unique Reshiram route has unquestionably more content lore-wise, down to meeting child Lin (early perhaps, maybe she shows up in Zek postgame but I haven't reached that yet) and learning more about her actual motives rather than a disembodied voice giving us vague meta implications. For all intents and purposes, that route has more content and more impact to the plot, so it is a "True Ending" in video game terms, even if Ame herself says that both can be equally canon as far as storyline goes.

I love this game, even if it has its down moments, but Ame saying that no ending is a "true" ending and then certainly giving one very specific set of circumstances more weight in the story than the other irritated me as somebody who was (falsely) reassured that I didn't have to worry about doing things perfectly in order to get a certain desired ending. It feels like a promise that was failed to be kept, to me.

How old is that statement? As described within the spoiler censors in the linked Reddit post above, originally the Anna and Lin paths were more or less defined as straightforward "Good" and "Bad" endings but Ame nixed that because the product was less interesting. I.e the Anna path was just plotless and peaceful legendary quests as opposed to the main plot extension both paths are now. 

On 4/23/2022 at 10:06 AM, SolareSupremo said:

@Fayt_Bouleouve. Is "Allowing Taka to join in Tourmaline Desert" required for Anna's route?

According to the list I read on Reddit, yes it is. 

On 4/24/2022 at 2:50 AM, Lunar Star said:

can you be on annas route if you  do everything but fight sigmund? if not guess im stuck on the lin route XD

Sorry no dice. You're on the Lin path. I'm in much the same boat. I fought Sigmund and lost to Solaris on Pyrus Mountain and am on the Lin path as well. 

Question of my own: From what I have been gathering there seems to be two possible Reshiram endings, what is the deciding factor between them? 

On 6/21/2022 at 9:56 AM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Question of my own: From what I have been gathering there seems to be two possible Reshiram endings, what is the deciding factor between them? 

You mean the postgame endings? In the Anna route (I assume that's what you mean by Reshiram), at the very end, Anna asks you something and depending on your answer there are 2 endings for her. In the Lin route too there are 2 endings depending on an action choice at the very end.

EDIT: Ignore that, I think I know what you mean now.

Spoiler

I learned this just now too. The Reshiram Determination route is where you defeat Solaris on Pyrous Mountain and choose the Reshiram route, but otherwise stay on the Lin route for postgame.

I apologize for the double post but a Reddit user created a detailed layout of every path/ending. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonReborn/comments/us4msq/crucial_choices_information_if_you_care_at_all/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

In their opinion, if a path is to be defined as "good" or "True" the path called Lin R-Determination is it but again it's ultimately subjective.   

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! Quick question here; I was wondering if I am still on Anna's route or not. I exposed Corey, beat Solaris, fought SIGMUND instead of Sirius at Yureyu, dealt with Sirius at the Belrose home instead of Sigmund, sided with Radomus against Elias, didn't give Blake the Ring, and lastly I didn't fight Taka at the WTC. By the sounds of it, I'm on the Lin route? If someone could confirm, that would be great! Thanks in advance. 

20 hours ago, cobraking111 said:

Hey! Quick question here; I was wondering if I am still on Anna's route or not. I exposed Corey, beat Solaris, fought SIGMUND instead of Sirius at Yureyu, dealt with Sirius at the Belrose home instead of Sigmund, sided with Radomus against Elias, didn't give Blake the Ring, and lastly I didn't fight Taka at the WTC. By the sounds of it, I'm on the Lin route? If someone could confirm, that would be great! Thanks in advance. 

Yup, you are on Lin's route. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cobraking111 said:

Thanks! I suppose I'll have to do another playthrough once I'm done. Although, why is Lin's route available in the Reshiram route, and in the Zekrom route?

Lin's can be both tho

For Zekrom, either you fight Taka at WTC [normal Zekrom], or don't fight then don't let him go with you [Hell Zekrom, a.k.a Taka bye bye forever] to achieve it

Meanwhile Reshiram, it's like you're following Anna route but fail at any of 9 important requirements [which immediately revert you back to Zekrom]

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seina said:

Lin's can be both tho

For Zekrom, either you fight Taka at WTC [normal Zekrom], or don't fight then don't let him go with you [Hell Zekrom, a.k.a Taka bye bye forever] to achieve it

Meanwhile Reshiram, it's like you're following Anna route but fail at any of 9 important requirements [which immediately revert you back to Zekrom]

OH, That makes a lot more sense, thank you!! :)

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2022 at 3:01 AM, Seina said:

Lin's can be both tho

Do you know what the differences are between the "Anna Smiles" path and the "Lin Reshiram" path?

2 hours ago, _Sayari_ said:

Do you know what the differences are between the "Anna Smiles" path and the "Lin Reshiram" path?

"Lin Reshiram" is still Lin route but with a dead Taka (which can be revived or not depends on Solaris' Garchomp fight), while "Anna Smiles" is a total different route with Anna as the main "antagonist" in the postgame (Lin is already dead after her pre-postgame gauntlet)

• 4 months later...

What route am I on?

Found all the police officers before fighting Ace in the Jungle (unsure)

Defeated Solaris atop Pyrous Mountain

Refuse to fight Sigmund at Yureyu

Saved saphira instead of twins at belrose

Sided with Radomus at Citae Astrae, then defeat El

Didnt give Blake the Ruby Ring

Refused to fight Taka at the WTC

Allowed Taka to join me in the desert

But I was saved by Takas chatot at victory road

Edited by yea

• 1 month later...