If you were the developer of Pokémon Reborn

Gyaradoskiller

Which is really kind of hilarious, if you think about it.

"How am I supposed to conquer this god of all gods?"

"THROW A ROCK AT IT!"

LOL someone should draw this xD its pretty hilarious

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only an Arceus? Ame can torture us more do better than that...Like Arceus in Lin's team, for example.

Yeah, man. She incorporates it into her team, and even leads with it so she can switch freely to avoid shenanigans.

...Oh yeah, and being all types would also make it naturally immune to poison, paralysis, burn, powder-based moves, and trapping.

I imagine the final battle being instead of a pokemon battle it would be a hand to hand combat between your character and Fern atop of a skyscraper with the leader of Team Meteor watching from a helicopter and a shirtless Cain.

Not that Cain is shirtless because he's fighting too, it just needed to happen without question.

I SAID WITHOUT QUESTION!

I would give fern his own theme song so it plays whenever he shows up, and maybe put a combination of the phone system from gold/silver-ruby/sapphire so fern can call the player every couple of days or something; that way people can hate him even more.

I would give fern his own theme song so it plays whenever he shows up, and maybe put a combination of the phone system from gold/silver-ruby/sapphire so fern can call the player every couple of days or something; that way people can hate him even more.

If that was a thing, I would love an option to say something back at him (but of course, thats impossible)

If that was a thing, I would love an option to say something back at him (but of course, thats impossible)

That's the best part, you can't do anything about it.

It would be something super shitty, obnoxious, and grating on the ears.

Like the Meme Run song.

I just watched a youtube of that, can't say i'm surprised by that being a thing but damn.

Only an Arceus? Ame can torture us more do better than that...Like Arceus in Lin's team, for example.

I agree, (Mega Rayquaza would be more difficult) also in universe why would Arceus follow Team Meator? It is the Pokemon Universe's version of God and even when the evil team members have been able to summon it (Team Rocket, Purple Eyes) it has always ignored them and/or banished them, with it only being antagonistic when judging humanity to see if we are beyond saving or after being betrayed in the anime.

I have another simple yet at the same time "great" idea to improve gameplay! We all know that Reborn is a "corrupted" region so why not make the Poke Centers not free? Like they would charge money for healing your team (i always found it was strange that you could heal for free in Pokemon while in other RPG you have to pay) it can be something little (like 100 pokedollars) and maybe it can become free again (or cost less) after you beat the Meteors/gangs in the area

If I was the developer

Regarding the post game legendaries,I find it kinda boring,you just go to the place where it resides and bam! you face it immediately like all the pokemon games I have played so for each door you go in I would put like one character to investigate with you(Cain,Shelly or any other relevant one) after you pass the door there will be a riddle or puzzle you must solve,the other character maybe help or not,after solving the puzzle you go to the pokemon chamber and you dont face it yet

1 event example

-Your in the kyogre chamber somewhere deep below ametrine moutain,you talk to it,Kyogre goes Rogue,opens a hole in the chamber and leaves,you go outside weather is heavy rain ofc,the character that goes with you hints the location,you make yourself to the harbor near the lighthouse(Counting that the water goes back to normal),Cutscene imerges,Kiogre makes a gigantic tidal wave,but suddenly a gigantic wailord disperses it,afterwards kiogre attacks it and ''sinks'' Wailord to the deep sea floor(unlocking another event after this one,in which you have to dive patch him up and receive a item from it) then you can finally battle kiogre.and I would put a Elder NPC on the harbor since the begining of the game,talking about that when he was a youth there was a gigantic pokemon who let the kids travel on their backs in the summer(just some minor lore)

Sorry for my english not my main language

If I was the developer

Regarding the post game legendaries,I find it kinda boring,you just go to the place where it resides and bam! you face it immediately like all the pokemon games I have played so for each door you go in I would put like one character to investigate with you(Cain,Shelly or any other relevant one) after you pass the door there will be a riddle or puzzle you must solve,the other character maybe help or not,after solving the puzzle you go to the pokemon chamber and you dont face it yet

We still don't know what's behind those doors, maybe there will be legendaries (or maybe not) but (after playing this game) what makes you think that it would be that easy? Knowing Ame those puzzles will be (almost) impossible

If I was the developer

1 event example

-Your in the kyogre chamber somewhere deep below ametrine moutain,you talk to it,Kyogre goes Rogue,opens a hole in the chamber and leaves,you go outside weather is heavy rain ofc,the character that goes with you hints the location,you make yourself to the harbor near the lighthouse(Counting that the water goes back to normal),Cutscene imerges,Kiogre makes a gigantic tidal wave,but suddenly a gigantic wailord disperses it,afterwards kiogre attacks it and ''sinks'' Wailord to the deep sea floor(unlocking another event after this one,in which you have to dive patch him up and receive a item from it) then you can finally battle kiogre.and I would put a Elder NPC on the harbor since the begining of the game,talking about that when he was a youth there was a gigantic pokemon who let the kids travel on their backs in the summer(just some minor lore)

YES PLEASE!! It would be nice if some Legendary events are linked as well (although its not that original, I admit).

Edited by Xiri

Why would I want to be a developer? I will hate when people rush me, disrespect me, annoy me, and always ask when the next update will come out. I'm good being the player of the game instead of being a developer pffft.

Developers have a tough life, surprised they didn't tell everyone who keeps bugging them to fuck off. I know I would've.

I just had an interesting idea that could make every run more unique, what if before the final raid on Team Meteor Ame (the character) let you chose one mega? The catch is not only would this be the only mega you would get but trainers from now on could have a mega too.

If I was the developer

1 event example

I mean, in theory something like this might sound cool - but in practical terms, there are *A LOT* of legendaries in the game, and having some huge event chain + several areas in the game for every legendary would take way too long to implement - if you did something like this for every legendary it would probably take longer to finish adding the legendaries to the game than it would for the entire story unless you made the events really repetitive - and having really repetitive events is worse than having no events in my opinion (if you're going to add something to a game it has to be done well - a bad feature is worse than no feature).

Well if I was a developer I would definitely be toying around with some lag-reducing ideas(which I understand is already a priority, but hey OP asked me what Id do). I can't help but wonder if a good chunk of the lag is from event trigger overhead, since I noticed a sharp reduction in lag after beating the PULSE Tangrowth. I'd try making the event cycle through a longer animation sequence, so that while each animation event would be larger, theyd be triggered far far less. The question of that working or not would be if reducing the overhead saves more than making longer events creates. Id place my money on yes, but no way to tell without trying it, but itd be a pain to go through all those events like in the wasteland, only to potentially have it not be worth it. Also by default RMXP uses an old version of the RGSS which has long had known performance issues, and by extension pokemon essentials uses it as well. However, I have seen an interesting guide on importing the updated engine from RMVX, but the guide wasn't clear on how it may break scripts so while its pretty easy to do theres the chance that itd require massive effort to make pokemon essentials to be compatible and/or itd have to be a separate release makred as an essentially perma-unstable release. I suppose this is something I could actually play with my own copy of pokemon essentials, but even if I prove itd be possible theres no way I'd be able to bug test everything that could go wrong. Still a five times performance boost to the core engine would be nifty.

I second the notion of having a fairly early move tutor that only teaches moves to undervalued pokemon. This would also be a very subtle way to reward players for picking less common starters without appearing to punish the player for choosing an OP starter that they liked. Simply pokemon like blaziken wouldnt be able to learn anything useful, while your patrats and chikoritas of the world can get some nifty tricks to use. The exact specifics of what moves, what pokemon, and when/where to place such a tutor would take a bit of fine tuning though.

The magikarp idea would be an amusing joke, even though I started playing after it got removed. Easy fix would be to just make it genderless. Since you could make it as a separate mon, by default youd just have it not able to evolve into gyrados citing in game something about pollution inhibiting its potential. People get their joke pokemon and eat it too.

Speaking of eating pokemon, I think more underused pokemon should have small chances of appearing with useful(but not overpowered items). A good example for me is my most memorable moment in Reborn. At first I was put off by the removal of a lot of strong pokemon cause it felt like artificial difficulty. Then I found trubbish. That little gem came with a rare black sludge and has been a cornerstone in my team well past his real usefulness, simply because I became attached to it. I felt rewarded for going with this little trash pile I wouldnt have even bothered catching in the main games. It was never overwhelmingly strong, just like I said it felt rewarding seeing the tricks it managed to pull off thanks to that bit of recovery every turn.

As a quick aside, that giratina video someone posted was really stupid. Most of it has just been fan theories, nothing more and occasionally far less. I had to stop watching when he seriously tried to claim the lavender town creepy-pasta was true(yes the song got changed cause kids got headaches and shit, not there wasn't weird mass suicides and investigators dieing mysteriously).

edit: Tried my hand of importing the engine into raw essentials, unfortunately essentials is so heavily modified, that the guide for doing so doesn't really apply. Fixing the syntax conversions from ruby 1.8 to 1.9 is easy, but when I get unhelpful error messages like 'the specified procedure could not be found' not much I can do(maybe if it specified the specified procedure Id have something to work with).

2nd edit: Fixed it, reading is op. Time for more syntax changing!

Edited by madf0x

• 3 weeks later...
As a quick aside, that giratina video someone posted was really stupid. Most of it has just been fan theories, nothing more and occasionally far less. I had to stop watching when he seriously tried to claim the lavender town creepy-pasta was true(yes the song got changed cause kids got headaches and shit, not there wasn't weird mass suicides and investigators dieing mysteriously).

I know that it's mostly theories, but it wasn't meant to be taken as pure fact, nor was it meant to highlight the entire video.

I do think that if someone wants to be scare the crap out of a kid, if that person has adequate knowledge of coding and the system, that person might be able to take the code and add a few things (it's a very old game). I don't declare that it has happened, however...

Anyway, something I would like to see is more contrast in color. For example between the city and other areas: route 1 does look flourishing, but maybe it's possible to add a bit more vividness to it to further accentuate the barren condition of the city. In that vein, maybe add a few shots of the healthy region before all those calamities in the absolute beginning to see truly how bad the situation is now (but that might be saved for the end for having a good payoff).

If I was a developer..

*Custom Pokeball Shop where you create the look, attributes, and strength of pokeballs. (Also edit the look of existing Pokeballs)

*Hair Cut shop where you can choose your own style and color.

*More hidden events and secret areas! ^.^

*Lessen tedium maze grinds like the tauros/Bouffalant & cliff hopping sections

*Random chance legendary in the wild (about the same chance as a regular shiny in older official games)

*Reborn City Rebirth (Have the city gradually get cleaner and purified towards the end of the game) -End result could be a pokemon haven with crystal clear waters, new buildings, sustainable power, new areas of wilderness.)

*Fly!

Edited by OnionEye