(V13 and Where Love Lies Spoilers) Theory regarding Professor Jenner and Souls Stone

ABoringGuy

So as we all know Professor Jenner is one of the Characters who died at Valor Mountain. Now the weird thing is that Soul stone should have captured his soul but didn't. I always wondered why until I just realized it now. It didn't capture his Soul for the same reason it didn't capture our Mom's soul. Professor Jenner was a Black Box.

This not only explains why Jenner's soul didnt get captured but also how he survived the Gearen fire. In Where Love Lies Kenneth says that Jenner disappeared after the Gearen Fire possibly not surviving it but afterwards was found again with Melia as his daughter. Knowing Team Xen is familiar with Black Box and Professor Jenner worked with Team Xen it could explain how he survived as well as why he joined Team Xen.

Now if this is true it makes me wonder how many more characters are probably Black Box and more importantly would they be counted as Lights for the Light Prophecy or not.

Or soul stones just need selective souls it desire. Most likely that simple. 

6 hours ago, Yahiro said:

In Where Love Lies Kenneth says that Jenner disappeared after the Gearen Fire possibly not surviving it but afterwards was found again with Melia as his daughter.

A reminder that Jenner is a Stormchaser and most likely was chilling in the past. 

15 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Or soul stones just need selective souls it desire. Most likely that simple. 

A reminder that Jenner is a Stormchaser and most likely was chilling in the past. 

While that is a possibility it was Team Xen who handed over Melia to Jenner(if I remember correctly) and he was later on rediscovered with Melia I would say it is safe to say he was a Team Xen member before Storm Chaser.

And while the Soul Stone wanting selective souls is a also a possibility it is never said out right as a requirement.

4 minutes ago, Yahiro said:

And while the Soul Stone wanting selective souls is a also a possibility it is never said out right as a requirement.

It also never picked up on dead cops for example, while it picked up Anathea. I can say for sure that those cops were not Black Boxes for example. So selective soul picking is pretty much a certainty. 

Also im not sure "before" is a concept here, considering all the time travelling. 

11 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

It also never picked up on dead cops for example, while it picked up Anathea. I can say for sure that those cops were not Black Boxes for example. So selective soul picking is pretty much a certainty. 

Also im not sure "before" is a concept here, considering all the time travelling. 

But Anathea died before any of the cops did so obviously it picked her Soul first. 

Or

Spoiler

Jenner was dead already and was revived by Team Xen (considering it's likely they healed/brought Keta back to life), so they had a hold of his soul and the soul stone can't take the souls of people held by someone else. Yveltal also has a Soul Stone supposedly with Vitus' soul in it (unconfirmed) so it's possible it's in another soul stone.

31 minutes ago, Aiko said:

considering it's likely they healed/brought Keta back to life

When? As far as i remember nothing remotely like that ever happened or even was implied. 

34 minutes ago, Aiko said:

Yveltal also has a Soul Stone supposedly with Vitus' soul in it (unconfirmed) so it's possible it's in another soul stone.

Or it can as easily be a forgotten item from some earlier period that just wasnt removed yet. It is severely much more likely there is only one Soul Stone, considering ours is tied directly to the ruins below Sheridan. 

There is a journal in Jenner's room in which he states that he is about to die. And in the GDC library  I remember there being something about a project "eradication" taking place after Melia had gone to the Stormchasers.  So the only reason I can think of of Jenner's soul not being absorbed is that:

Spoiler

He was dead by the time we met him. I think the MC talked to an android Jenner

On 2/17/2022 at 8:39 PM, Cyphre said:

So? What reason did it have to not pick them after?

Well I was under the impression that Soul Stone can only hold one Soul at a time but even if it could hold the remaining Officers were set up for Soul sacrifice so it could not find its way there(not to mention the officers didn't exactly die near MC).

Also Melia said herself that it was weird Soul Stone not being filled by Teramjuma victims was weird which I don't think would have been a included dialogue if it was just "Selective souls"

37 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Or it can as easily be a forgotten item from some earlier period that just wasnt removed yet. It is severely much more likely there is only one Soul Stone, considering ours is tied directly to the ruins below Sheridan. 

There is literally no reason to think it is a forgotten item cause Soul Stone isn't exactly a item the Devs would "accidently" give to Yveltal. Not to mention that is thing that has been acknowledged before in Theory sections and Yveltal has been holding it very old versions as well. Devs would have removed it by now especially since they clearly revisited that battle in v13 if it was accidental.

3 minutes ago, Yahiro said:

Devs would have removed it by now especially since they clearly revisited that battle in v13 if it was accidental.

They didnt even remove Jan's older dialogues before Amber battle that still talks about getting the fight underwater. In such a huge game there are a lot of oversights. 

3 minutes ago, Yahiro said:

There is literally no reason to think it is a forgotten item cause Soul Stone isn't exactly a item the Devs would "accidently" give to Yveltal.

Exactly why. They wanted for it to be a thing at some point, then decided against it and it was just left there. 

But all that would be pure speculation and items that might not even supposed to be there can hardly be used in theories. 

5 minutes ago, Yahiro said:

Also another reason I said it is that Melia said herself that it was weird Soul Stone not being filled by Teramjuma victims was weird which I don't think would have been included if it was just "Selective souls"

Oh yeah, that did happen, i forgot about that. That only confirms that it picks particular souls and not doing it willy nilly.