Would a rejuv nuzlocke be possible?

Grimvalent

ok if you had counted those unwinnable ones then like madamex ,huey battle and others then i think its going to very difficult  but the problem is that the rifts and bosses will probably kill your mon but if you can find some way to work around then its possible i think intense is going to be a very hard like some pokemon like ryland's torterra it donot have shields but it is a monster, i think all the mega mon is going to take atleast one of your mon with them but if you find a way around it then i think its fine for .may be some research and 

other things and in time of need asking in the forums might help.I think its possible but is going to be a very difficult task

Im pretty sure it is possible but you will need an absurd amount of planning and preparation. You can watch something like Emerald Kaizo nuzlocke by WolfeyVGC to kinda have an idea of how much do you need to prepare for every major battle, like making a full plan for every situation. 

21 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Im pretty sure it is possible but you will need an absurd amount of planning and preparation. You can watch something like Emerald Kaizo nuzlocke by WolfeyVGC to kinda have an idea of how much do you need to prepare for every major battle, like making a full plan for every situation. 

Yea the main is that since Rejuv is wayy longer than EK you have more preparation, more chances to get unlucky.

39 minutes ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

ok if you had counted those unwinnable ones then like madamex ,huey battle and others then i think its going to very difficult  but the problem is that the rifts and bosses will probably kill your mon but if you can find some way to work around then its possible i think intense is going to be a very hard like some pokemon like ryland's torterra it donot have shields but it is a monster, i think all the mega mon is going to take atleast one of your mon with them but if you find a way around it then i think its fine for .may be some research and 

other things and in time of need asking in the forums might help.I think its possible but is going to be a very difficult task

That was kinda my mindset, some rifts like hippo and gardevoir can be insanely easy to cheese but also sometimes insanely hard to fight without the right mons and rifts like aelita are basically guaranteed to kill around 3 or more mons 

2 hours ago, Grimvalent said:

That was kinda my mindset, some rifts like hippo and gardevoir can be insanely easy to cheese but also sometimes insanely hard to fight without the right mons and rifts like aelita are basically guaranteed to kill around 3 or more mons 

said yourself .its difficult but willing to do it then go for it man

10 hours ago, Grimvalent said:

Basically the title, I know it was possible in v12 but would a no items,set mode nuzlocke be possible for v13?

I will not count the fights that you can lose btw.

More than possible, many people have done it even counting optional fights like shadow mewtwo.

1 hour ago, MisterEcksYT said:

Just have a good plan for each fight and there won't be an issue!

One crit and the entire battle plan can go to shit, and considering some absolutely insane field boosts + cheated stats i would have a backup plan as well for such situation. 

12 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

One crit and the entire battle plan can go to shit, and considering some absolutely insane field boosts + cheated stats i would have a backup plan as well for such situation. 

You'll lose a mon or two to crits, it happens. But one part of good planning is that you'll have the worst situation in mind- a crit or two should not kill the entire run.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MisterEcksYT said:

You'll lose a mon or two to crits, it happens. But one part of good planning is that you'll have the worst situation in mind- a crit or two should not kill the entire run.

In a normal run, yes. In Rejuv easily. 

For rejuvenation? Not really, especially since there is no normal calculator that will take into account all the field effects, shadow pokemon moves, unique moves, AI quirks programmed for Rejuv specifically (since they did change AI a lot), double battles RNG and all that. I personally would not do Rejuv nuzlocke since im not a lucky man. 

I do feel like because of possible hax you can't really reliable boost in most cases.

7 hours ago, MisterEcksYT said:

More than possible, many people have done it even counting optional fights like shadow mewtwo.

I am not really able to find a rejuv v13 nuzlocke, I would appreciate copying getting some strats so could you link me to it?

I did a V13 nuzlocke when it released the main rule I made was that static encounters didn't count as an encounter for that area. Since many of the good pokemon are static encounters this made it so that I could have a pretty good team without having to worry about whether or not I already encountered A pokemon on that route. I would assume that its possible without this rule but its probably much harder.

Showdown's damage calculator is very useful, since you can manually change the power of the moves so that you can take into account the field boosts, as well as changing the stats and types of pokemon so you can check against the aevium forms/ rift mons.

On 1/3/2022 at 3:15 PM, Cyphre said:

For rejuvenation? Not really, especially since there is no normal calculator that will take into account all the field effects, shadow pokemon moves, unique moves, AI quirks programmed for Rejuv specifically (since they did change AI a lot), double battles RNG and all that. I personally would not do Rejuv nuzlocke since im not a lucky man. 

Re: Field effects

Just input them as multipliers in showdown, it is the same effect.

Re: Shadow moves

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but you can change move bp on the showdown calculator.

Re: Unique moves

same thing

Re: AI Quirks

The ai becomes more and more predictable with experience, but even without prediction a 6-slot team can have all the tools it needs to defeat a gym. Ie. contingencies for if and when a threat switches in.

For example, doubles ai doesn't like to switch. A good strategy for keta is to charm one side and focus down the other. The risk of crits ending the run is mitigated by a team of resists to his STAB signature move, or alternatively (if the player encountered fearow) mitigated by simply doubling down the side that isn't charmed.

On 1/3/2022 at 7:34 PM, Grimvalent said:

I do feel like because of possible hax you can't really reliable boost in most cases.

I am not really able to find a rejuv v13 nuzlocke, I would appreciate copying getting some strats so could you link me to it?

These were done by users in the official discord, but there are runs currently ongoing on twitch as well. https://www.twitch.tv/mchine is going through v13 atm with a semi-blind nuzlocke challenge, and if you'd like some tips/strats then feel free to ask either of us on twitch or here.

Its possible, but takes a long time and trail and error.

I start all my runs in rejuvenation as hardcore intense nuzlocke to see how far i get, and then just play however i was planning to from where I lose.  And although i never get past the early game, just from the tries ive done i can see the whole game having a consistent enough AI and good enough encounters to make it possible.

On 1/5/2022 at 4:54 AM, MisterEcksYT said:

Re: AI Quirks

The ai becomes more and more predictable with experience, but even without prediction a 6-slot team can have all the tools it needs to defeat a gym. Ie. contingencies for if and when a threat switches in.

Ai can completely change what's it gonna do depending in a lot of things, especially in doubles. For example you get the unwanted crit, now enemy got 50-50 for 2 moves instead of guaranteed move you wanted. Especially sonce both Reborn and Rejuv use custom AI code written specifically for those games and we simply cannot tell how AI gonna act during certain situations, whereas it was possible to predict mainline games. 

The new rejuv AI is highly predictable, even in doubles, since with a very few number of exceptions (sucker punch 50/50s, in doubles when you lead with two pokemon that are identical in everything, probably a few others I'm missing), given the same game state, the AI will make the same play. If you play this game enough, and pay attention to how the AI behaves, it's certainly possible to get to the point where you can predict the vast majority of the AIs play. I'm far from the best player and I can predict like, 80%+ of the plays the AIs make from knowing their sets and without doing calcs (this is a rate that's far higher than that of any other pokemon game, official or fanmade, that I've played, because this game's AI is really really predictable once you're used to it).

As others have said, this game has already been nuzlocked on intense on the current version (on the first nuzlocke attempt). It's certainly a hard challenge, but it's extremely not true that any bad rng or unlucky crit will instantly end the run.