Would a rejuv nuzlocke be possible?

Grimvalent

1 hour ago, Iamteehee said:

The new rejuv AI is highly predictable, even in doubles, since with a very few number of exceptions (sucker punch 50/50s, in doubles when you lead with two pokemon that are identical in everything, probably a few others I'm missing), given the same game state, the AI will make the same play. If you play this game enough, and pay attention to how the AI behaves, it's certainly possible to get to the point where you can predict the vast majority of the AIs play. I'm far from the best player and I can predict like, 80%+ of the plays the AIs make from knowing their sets and without doing calcs (this is a rate that's far higher than that of any other pokemon game, official or fanmade, that I've played, because this game's AI is really really predictable once you're used to it).

As others have said, this game has already been nuzlocked on intense on the current version (on the first nuzlocke attempt). It's certainly a hard challenge, but it's extremely not true that any bad rng or unlucky crit will instantly end the run. 

One thing is that if you actually calc the damage you can almost be sure if your opp is switching or not depending if they have a mon that walls your mon.

I do think that the battles in doubles aren't too difficult but the ones where you gotta play with a npc as your teammate can be frustrating.

1 hour ago, Cyphre said:

Ai can completely change what's it gonna do depending in a lot of things, especially in doubles. For example you get the unwanted crit, now enemy got 50-50 for 2 moves instead of guaranteed move you wanted. Especially sonce both Reborn and Rejuv use custom AI code written specifically for those games and we simply cannot tell how AI gonna act during certain situations, whereas it was possible to predict mainline games. 

Double battles won't be your issue with ai. The biggest thing that makes it hard to predict are Partner battles.

The enemy AI is fairly consistant with what it does, I'd say its even more predictable then  in the mainline games, especially since AI can only miss with 70% or less accurate moves.  The boosting power of field moves also usually makes one move the AI's best move by far, meaning it will always click that.

You seem to be very worried about crits, but don't forget that they are 1/32 instead of 1/16 and only 1.5x boost instead of 2x. They are less likely and less impactful then older generation games. Rejuvenation uses Gen 8 mechanics. Not to say they aren't an issue, but they aren't as scary as they seem.

The hardest part about a Rejuvenation nuzlocke is time. Even if you only played to the 8th gym, the game is easily 2 to 3 times longer than a baseline game, even with maximum speed up, so any death passed Keta 1 is hours of time. That by far is the biggest stumbling block.

32 minutes ago, sharqking said:

Double battles won't be your issue with ai. The biggest thing that makes it hard to predict are Partner battles.

Thats what i meant, my bad for phrasing it badly. Not normal doubles. For example in Geara+Zetta fight with Melia i was stuck a bit on Intense this run since i was too stubborn to change my team this time, i repeated this fight a lot, and even when i did absolutely same moves, received the same amounts of damage and was in the same situation and followed the same patterns, both enemies and Melia used different moves at random quite a lot. 

37 minutes ago, sharqking said:

You seem to be very worried about crits, but don't forget that they are 1/32 instead of 1/16 and only 1.5x boost instead of 2x. They are less likely and less impactful then older generation games. Rejuvenation uses Gen 8 mechanics. Not to say they aren't an issue, but they aren't as scary as they seem.

The issue is a lot of times you have to switch to a backup plan if that happens, or it introduces a 50/50 situation, or you lose an important switch opportunity e.t.c. Which introduces a bigger amount of RNG, which generally will screw you. I've had couple of my own runs dead after 4-5 crits in a row. And not only that, status effects change AI patterns a lot too, and while you can use berries and all that to circumvent that on your side, you cannot do anything about random Body Slam from Melia triggering para, which will mess what the enemy sends, what moves they use, e.t.c. All im saying is it introduces way more than neglectable amount of RNG to it.