Light and Dark prophecy in light of v13, summary and discussion

Cyphre

Light one: 

"With death there is also life. With life there is also death. On the darkest day, on the darkest night, tradegy shall befall the earth. All those caught in the lord's shadow shall be drained and destroyed. The world can be brought to piece with four lights not born of man. They shall preserve and save the land, and break down the establishment to single layers of sand. Light shall once again be restored to the world. Prosperity and piece shall mesh in one giant swirl. And the land shall be guided by a new light, the strongest of the four lights. To rid this world of everlasting evil and blight."

Dark one: 

"With life there is also death. With death there is also light. On the darkest day of humanity, the world shall shake, houses will burn, people will be killed. The land shall shift, and innocent beings shall fall between the crevices. Four darknesses born from man shall reign supreme and create a world in their own likeness. The balance of life and death shall be shattered. The balance between light and dark shall tip. Snuffed out and destroyed forever. A world born out of hatred, evil, jealousy and prejudice. Disaster shall be the only known hope in creation of yet another world."

The crystall ball lady: 

"I see you on top of a tall castle, oh yes... But that castle is different from what you've come across beforehand. A battle begins that will decide the fate of each and every person in this world. I can see the golden light, surrounding the area... I can see your friends nearby... Three of them, to be exact. One with a soul as gold as Arceus light. One with the resolve to lead others. One who fights for a lost loved one. Before them stands a female. She fights to bring the world to her knees. To destroy everything and everyone. To make sure nothing of this world passes on."

So, there was a little bit of new info in v13, so i would like to revisit the prophecies and see what of them we can decipher at the moment. WIll list important points below: 

1) "All those caught in the lord's shadow will be drained and destroyed". To drain life, that is obviously a property of Yveltal, what is interesting how he is called "the lord's shadow", with lord here being most likely Arceus. This caught my attention because of a lot of assumption about Indriad being Yveltal, however it is almost certain Indriad was the first human, so he hardly can be equaled to "lord's shadow". 

2) "The world can be brought to piece with four lights not born of man." Thankfully, that greatly limits our options here in what those people could be. I think it's fairly obvious that one of those is our MC: Interceptor, something created by the world itself. He corresponds with "the strongest of the four lights". Second one is also obviously Aelita, a person born to a failed Garufan curse, she corresponds with "one with resolve to lead others" with her desire to lead Sheridan info the future. Third one most likely is Melia. While her birth remains a mystery still, it's almost certain she and her siblings are not very naturally born and she corresponds with "one with a soul as gold as Arceus light" because of her Archetype power. The fourth one is a little harder, however we can exclude a lot of people here. Venam, Ren and other close humans are all born from man, so it's impossible to be them. The most likely fourth person is Nim, or Nymiera, a living avatar of Storm-9. If she is a first person, she is also born directly from Arceus, which also means she is not born to man in any way. If this is her, she corresponds with "one who fights for a lost loved one", who can be either Adrest, or her son, or an unknown variable. 

3) "Four darknesses born from man shall reign supreme and create a world in their own likeness". This is very important because of how this is written. This gives us several things to consider as facts. I think this is fairly obvious that first of those 4 is Madame X. This confirms that she is not an android, not a construct and not some weird paranormal creation, she is/was a normal person once. This also excludes Kieran, Clear and Eden from final battle and from them being form prophecies, while they are created by man, they are not born from man. This also excludes Indriad, since he is clearly much more than a human. Naturally you can take any act of creation as birth, however i think it's this part heavily implies natural birth. I do not have sufficient proof, however i am convinced second one will be Ren. He clearly changed his opinion about team Xen a bit, and if Anastasia explain to him Xen's goals, i believe it is possible for him to stand for the destruction of this world. Not because Ren is giggly evil, but because he can see this destruction as the only choice, just like Madame X. As for other 2, they are a mystery to me for now. 

4) "Disaster shall be the only known hope in creation of yet another world." As well as: "Before them stands a female. She fights to bring the world to her knees. To destroy everything and everyone. To make sure nothing of this world passes on." This can imply a lot of things, however i believe this mainly shows the goal of team Xen and Madame X. In a thread, theorizing Madame X identity, i've given a theory that she tries to destroy this world to trap Indriad inside this one, and this can also support this theory. When we restored ruined future, she said "this is an outcome i hoped to never see". A lot can be theorized about this and not enough evidence, but this is an important connection and something to consider. 

As always, discuss. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The main reason Ren was introduced to Madame X is because he had shown signs of the prophecy (im not sure what the direct quote is, but this cutscenes happens shortly after the blacksteeple arc), so he definitely is in either of the 2 camps... its also worth mentioning what his sister said back in sashila, about 1 of them fighting for a good world, and the other fighting for the opposite, meaning 1 of them is the 4th light prophecy member, and the other is dark

i'd say ren is the 4th light prophecy member, sure, he is born of man, but his body sort of disqualifies him? also, he does fight for a loved one (his father he always looked up to), and it just makes sense that he'd join aelita/melia/us in the final showdown

1 minute ago, Fiwam said:

The main reason Ren was introduced to Madame X is because he had shown signs of the prophecy (im not sure what the direct quote is, but this cutscenes happens shortly after the blacksteeple arc), so he definitely is in either of the 2 camps... its also worth mentioning what his sister said back in sashila, about 1 of them fighting for a good world, and the other fighting for the opposite, meaning 1 of them is the 4th light prophecy member, and the other is dark

i'd say ren is the 4th light prophecy member, sure, he is born of man, but his body sort of disqualifies him? also, he does fight for a loved one (his father he always looked up to), and it just makes sense that he'd join aelita/melia/us in the final showdown, reina eventually becoming evil makes sense if you go through the files of the game (MAJOR SPOILER:

Reveal hidden contents

shes 1 of the statues in the amethyst grotto

)

Do I dare ask where in the files you found that?

• Global Mods

The four lights are also potentially just the four pieces of the Archetype right? - Melia, Erin, Alice and Allen. 

also iirc, didn't the crystal ball lady's one potentially line up with the ruined future showdown against Melanie itself? I don't remember the specifics though.

2 hours ago, Dreamy said:

The four lights are also potentially just the four pieces of the Archetype right? - Melia, Erin, Alice and Allen. 

also iirc, didn't the crystal ball lady's one potentially line up with the ruined future showdown against Melanie itself? I don't remember the specifics though.

I think that it is not talking about Melanie in ruined present, like she said, there are 4 people described as: someone stronger than the other 3 (Interceptor), someone with the soul golden as Arceus's light (Melia or Erin/Alice/Allen?), someone with the desire of leading others (Aelita) and someone fighing for its lost loved one. It's something not supposed to happen and I don't think the crystal can see a future not present in that specific timeline. (Maybe only strong entities like Spacea and Tiempa could saw that)

Edited by S7rife

6 hours ago, Fiwam said:

i'd say ren is the 4th light prophecy member, sure, he is born of man, but his body sort of disqualifies him?

It doesnt, his normal body is still in Xen HQ and he is still born from man. It is impossible to be Ren as fourth Light person. 

7 hours ago, Fiwam said:

he does fight for a loved one (his father he always looked up to)

For a character mentioned once who never appeared in the game and have no importance whatsoever? Thats a huge stretch, so no. 

3 hours ago, Dreamy said:

In theory, however madam Peony is clearly talking about second Blacksteeple castle and Madame X, and not Melanie, so if you align the prophecy with her words it's not those 4. 

11 hours ago, Fiwam said:

i'd say ren is the 4th light prophecy member, sure, he is born of man, but his body sort of disqualifies him? also, he does fight for a loved one (his father he always looked up to), and it just makes sense that he'd join aelita/melia/us in the final showdown, reina eventually becoming evil makes sense if you go through the files of the game (MAJOR SPOILER:

Hide contents

shes 1 of the statues in the amethyst grotto

)

ren as the 4th light is definitely the most likely option, what i think happens is 

Spoiler

reina turns evil (probably unwillingly, like she gets brainwashed or shes forced to or something cause i dont see her becoming a traitor out of nowhere) fulfilling the twins prophecy and possibly becoming one of the darknesses, then something happens to her and she dies creating the statue in amethyst grotto. that would make ren the one who fights for a lost loved one and i agree that he probably counts as not born from man because hes a robot? that or his real body dies during the raid and hes forced to stay as a robot forever which would make more sense i guess

also narratively itd be very disappointing for him to fight for team xen until the end

Currently replaying the game, in Blacksteeple you can find an absol statue wich gives informations about the 4 darknesses.

Theses four being described as Raw evil, Obsession, Betrayal and Greed.

The one of Betrayal almost certainly is Ren or Reina. I don't see who else considering what we know of them.

The one of Obsession i think is Crescent, with her obsession for the MC.

I have no idea for the one of Greed ? Though Blakeory but Thomas Sr. was arrested and i doubt we will see him again and Thomas Jr. doesn't seems the type to be as greedy as him.

Raw evil is interesting, the first that comes to my mind was Indriad, but if he is the first man, well he is not born of man of course. So maybe Madame X ? I'm not sure for this one either.

For the 4 lights, at this point i think we can safely say Interceptor, Melia (or another sibiling, but probably Melia, she's one of the main protagonist since a long time after all) and Aelita will be part of them. Nim is an interesting idea, i was also thinking about Huey, since we don't know anything about his past, and he fits the lost loved one (Rune).

3 minutes ago, Eixenr said:

Currently replaying the game, in Blacksteeple you can find an absol statue wich gives informations about the 4 darknesses.

I actually missed that part when replaying, do you have exact words? Would like to add this to the topic and think about it a bit too. 

"The shadows that shade the earth shall be known in the end. The one of raw evil, the one of obsession, the one of betrayal, and the one of greed. These four shall see the world be lost forever."

The exact words on the statue. It's in the garden of Blacksteeple.

29 minutes ago, Eixenr said:

The one of Betrayal almost certainly is Ren or Reina. I don't see who else considering what we know of them.

I have no idea for the one of Greed ? Though Blakeory but Thomas Sr. was arrested and i doubt we will see him again and Thomas Jr. doesn't seems the type to be as greedy as him.

Raw evil is interesting, the first that comes to my mind was Indriad, but if he is the first man, well he is not born of man of course. So maybe Madame X ? I'm not sure for this one either.

For the 4 lights, at this point i think we can safely say Interceptor, Melia (or another sibiling, but probably Melia, she's one of the main protagonist since a long time after all) and Aelita will be part of them. Nim is an interesting idea, i was also thinking about Huey, since we don't know anything about his past, and he fits the lost loved one (Rune).

I honestly thought about this regarding the four lights about Huey being one of the candidates seeing as we don't know if Huey and Rune have parents, but I also thought that of a possibility that fighting for a lost loved also meant that this loved one could also be walking the wrong path and one of the lights will strive to bring that person back on the right path. But for the most part I also think Huey could be one of the four lights.

27 minutes ago, Eixenr said:

I agree with you regarding one of the betrayal is going to be either Reina or Ren. I think when we were training, one of the member of the group mentions how they really want to crush team Xen then Ren had a “............” dialog. I’m slightly worried that Ren might betray us. We will be attacking team Xen HQ in the next chapter and I dont think it will end well for us. 

As for obsession, I initially thought that was Indriad because of his (and Angie’s) obsession with Arceus. But after seeing Crescent’s obsession towards the MC, it could be her in the end.

6 hours ago, Chrixai said:

I honestly thought about this regarding the four lights about Huey being one of the candidates seeing as we don't know if Huey and Rune have parents, but I also thought that of a possibility that fighting for a lost loved also meant that this loved one could also be walking the wrong path and one of the lights will strive to bring that person back on the right path. But for the most part I also think Huey could be one of the four lights.

I actually never thought of it this way, this is a very interesting idea !

In that case, Nim would also be a good candidate (if we agree in the fact she somehow is Nymiera), as the lost love one would be her friends (Hazuki, Anju, Vivian). Or if we just take Nymiera, maybe she's fighting for Indriad ? If they ever loved each other before.

Maybe Ren could fit the description in the case Reina turns evil, but i don't think him being in a mechanical body now erase the fact that he is born of man.

Im 100% certain Ren cannot be a part of light prophecy, since whatever happens with him his dad banged his mom and Ren appeared. He was born from man, and he can be third alien, third storm 9 and third android and will not fit criteria for light prophecy anyway. 

On 8/31/2021 at 3:54 AM, Cyphre said:

The crystall ball lady: 

"I see you on top of a tall castle, oh yes... But that castle is different from what you've come across beforehand. A battle begins that will decide the fate of each and every person in this world. I can see the golden light, surrounding the area... I can see your friends nearby... Three of them, to be exact. One with a soul as gold as Arceus light. One with the resolve to lead others. One who fights for a lost loved one. Before them stands a female. She fights to bring the world to her knees. To destroy everything and everyone. To make sure nothing of this world passes on."

I wonder how this works for players who went for bad ending route. Since on that route player is secretly working for Team Xen so our "friends" should be different as well. Unless there are 3 people in Team Xen who also match the description of the "friends" here or even when working for Team Xen on our final battle we side with Melia and friends this prophecy wouldnt make much sense.

On 8/31/2021 at 7:24 AM, Eixenr said:

Cassandra? She was always described as greedy

• Hmm 1

Spoiler

It doesn't make sense if Zetta is one of the prophecy, now he's only a dead Solosis maybe, as he will disappear when Nightmare Realm was going to shut definitely. Plus, he doesn't fit the four member of the Light Prophecy.

Angie was like freed from "some spirit", as we saw something coming out from her body, maybe Indriad's presence. I don't think she's now someone of the Dark Prophecy, so the Obsession one.

14 minutes ago, S7rife said:

It doesn't make sense if Zetta is one of the prophecy, now he's only a dead Solosis

He is doing mighty fine in Crescent's team though. And chances are if they turned Zetta into human once they can do it again. 

Ren could be the dark prophecy one and i think he maybe obsession/ greed because of how he wants to be stronger and always emphasize on that point whenever we see him. due to this reina could be the 4th light, 'to fight for the lost one'. But this goes against born of man/not born of man clause so it maybe the vice versa that happens.

Huey could be the 4th light but it think its a far stretch. A major reveal could be that he is not born of man and only then we could be sure if he's the 4th light or not.

Someone mentioned cassandra and she totally could be the greedy dark.  We have fought her once and she is powerful to say.

And why is no one mentioning flora? she is alive and she is a psycho at the least to say. I think she could be raw evil dark.

How about texen? That guy is dumb but he definitely has an agenda against mc and co. Can see him going totally berserk and doing dumb shit just to get back and with his sister dead too, the guy totally have a mental breakdown.

I really dont see crescent joining the dark side. yes she is obsessed with the mc and her methods are unconventional but she wouldn't go against the mc at all.

And then there's the case of our MC. We can join clear and kieran so in that case where would it leave us? We are not born of man so we wont be a dark sider but we definitely wont be a light. I guess in this case there wont be 4 lights and dark side wins and oblivion occurs. So if we do go by this logic, does there even need to be 4 darks?