Pyramid fight

Lspaceship

Is there a way to 'win' the fight on top of the Eclysia pyramid where you first meet Clear and Kieren? I worked with the 'opponents' to take out the 'partner's' pokemon, but it still had me fight against the remaining 'mons of Aelita and Melia. Are you supposed to lose, or go through with winning, and the scene showing you having beaten back your allies is the only one available? If so, this is incredibly frustrating, as I saw through the deception and I feel like there should be some payoff for doing so.

16 minutes ago, Lspaceship said:

Is there a way to 'win' the fight on top of the Eclysia pyramid where you first meet Clear and Kieren? I worked with the 'opponents' to take out the 'partner's' pokemon, but it still had me fight against the remaining 'mons of Aelita and Melia. Are you supposed to lose, or go through with winning, and the scene showing you having beaten back your allies is the only one available? If so, this is incredibly frustrating, as I saw through the deception and I feel like there should be some payoff for doing so.

Spoiler

You win by beating up "Clear" and "Kieran". You lose if you let them beat you. 

So no, there is no way to "win". 

3 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

It's more beneficial to lose that battle as to win is to not see through the deception from the in-game perspective.

Though I am interested in seeing the dialogue if you win.  

There's nothing of particular interest, you just see Melia and Aelita on the ground passed out, then Clear and Kieran thank you for the help, before knocking you out too. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pryde said:

There's nothing of particular interest, you just see Melia and Aelita on the ground passed out, then Clear and Kieran thank you for the help, before knocking you out too. 

Damn. I was confused at first but am glad I figured it out before I won. Not that I was even close, Hapi was wrecking me. 

The first time I actually beat Melia and Aelita, then I regretted it and just started to beat Clear's Pokemon..
But yeah, it's the only fight that it's beneficial for you to lose 

7 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Damn. I was confused at first but am glad I figured it out before I won. Not that I was even close, Hapi was wrecking me. 

Yeah, Hapi was the biggest obstacle. I wasted a ton of revives and potions on that little pest >.> Managed to toxic it eventually though and then it was just a stalling game.