Is there a way to disable the Dusknoir?

Mizuki

so i'm stuck at the soul labyrinth.

i keep overshooting the correct passageways and getting captured and i'm sick of it.

is there some way to disable the Dusknoir? in game or through the debug? i'm honestly just fucking sick of him at this point it's been 13 hours.

if not, is there a way to just walk through walls?

Just now, Cerise said:

Turn off speedup but keep autorun on. Follow the passageways with the red ivy.

i never have speedup on and autorun is always on, thats not the issue. and i figured out the direction to go from the maid, its just that the dusknoir keeps catching me anyways

Just now, Cerise said:

You just gotta not run into walls. Also going towards the maid isnprolly not best play; iirc the first passageway down at that area was better

is there really no other way to get past? no cheat, no glitch, no mechanic i haven't found yet?

because if not then it's literally impossible to progress.

• Global Mods

You just have to keep trying. It's possible, you just haven't found the exact correct path yet. Eventually your hands will remember stuff properly via muscle memory and you'll be unlikely to make mistakes. There is a walk thru walls thing, but highly recommend you dont use. If it's really getting you this unnecessarily frustrated, perhaps it's best to step away and take a break for a bit.

Just now, Cerise said:

You just have to keep trying. It's possible, you just haven't found the exact correct path yet. Eventually your hands will remember stuff properly via muscle memory and you'll be unlikely to make mistakes. There is a walk thru walls thing, but highly recommend you dont use. If it's really getting you this unnecessarily frustrated, perhaps it's best to step away and take a break for a bit.

i know the correct path, the issue is that ive been doing this for 13 hours i would greatly appreciate having the walk through walls please

27 minutes ago, Blontary said:

Dude, if dusknoir is giving you this trouble I pray for your soul for when you'll meet old buddy tangrowth

I gotta agree with him.. If you really having trouble in Dusknoir to the point of wanting to cheat him out of the game then the next part with the Tangrowth might make you quit, no joke..

I find it hard to believe that this is that hard for you... it should take like 15 minutes to beat tops.

But if your set on cheating, then debug mode has a warp to map feature. It will send you to a random point on the map you selected. You can try and use it to warp past the maze, but that might take a lot of attempts. It also might create bugs or other issues, so use at your own risk. 

As for which map number you would need to warp on? I have no idea. 

13 hours ago, Samurai said:

Like somebody said, each phase you beat him just save, so you don't have to keep going back to the start.

That's what I would do.

I have to put something out there that's not gonna sound pretty. 

Granted I'm continuing in a V12 save so haven't played the new version of the crysolia mansion arc and on YT it does look annoying, going 13 hours unable to get through not even a gym battle but a maze tells me this might not be the game for you. 

22 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

But if your set on cheating, then debug mode has a warp to map feature. It will send you to a random point on the map you selected. You can try and use it to warp past the maze, but that might take a lot of attempts. It also might create bugs or other issues, so use at your own risk. 

I don't know if this is possible for such a short distance. 

I had experienced a bug during the Erin arc that wouldn't allow me to slide down the rooftop outside the nursery so I tried to warp with Debug but the area or entryway I needed to reach was on the same map as the rooftop and the room it leads to was on the same map as several others.

This prevented me from being able to precisely aim my warp and most of the time I was dropped out of bounds or in a cutscene version of a room.

Even when I did manage to make it to the entrance and room I needed a couple of entryways would not function. I'd get stuck in the transitional black screen. I'd be able to get back out the way I came but never proceed. At one point that this happened it prevented me from progressing the story. 

The best I was able to manage ended up jumping me ahead a bit in the story.

I could have gone along with that and just watched what I missed on YT but wasn't comfortable doing so and fortunately returning to an older save and restarting the arc somehow cleared the bug.

Moral: I don't recommend trying to warp for this particular purpose even if this were a bug not just a desire to cheat I'd be wary but if you're desperate enough to jeopardize your game no one can stop you. 🤷‍♀️

On 8/14/2021 at 10:22 PM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

That's what I would do.

I have to put something out there that's not gonna sound pretty. 

Granted I'm continuing in a V12 save so haven't played the new version of the crysolia mansion arc and on YT it does look annoying, going 13 hours unable to get through not even a gym battle but a maze tells me this might not be the game for you. 

I don't know if this is possible for such a short distance. 

I had experienced a bug during the Erin arc that wouldn't allow me to slide down the rooftop outside the nursery so I tried to warp with Debug but the area or entryway I needed to reach was on the same map as the rooftop and the room it leads to was on the same map as several others.

This prevented me from being able to precisely aim my warp and most of the time I was dropped out of bounds or in a cutscene version of a room.

Even when I did manage to make it to the entrance and room I needed a couple of entryways would not function. I'd get stuck in the transitional black screen. I'd be able to get back out the way I came but never proceed. At one point that this happened it prevented me from progressing the story. 

The best I was able to manage ended up jumping me ahead a bit in the story.

I could have gone along with that and just watched what I missed on YT but wasn't comfortable doing so and fortunately returning to an older save and restarting the arc somehow cleared the bug.

Moral: I don't recommend trying to warp for this particular purpose even if this were a bug not just a desire to cheat I'd be wary but if you're desperate enough to jeopardize your game no one can stop you. 🤷‍♀️

i'm usually really good at puzzles, just not if they're timed or if theres something chasing me.

anyways i just tried the save trick and it didn't work, dusknoir didn't reset his location he just stayed in the same place and caught me again.

If you go fast through certain sections of the maze (iirc the southeast corner) you can trap it in a closed passage since it doesn't know to take detours and go back. Then you can save and rest a little.

But yeah it's probably the worse part of Marianette's arc (together with the tangrowth part) and one of the reasons I liked a lot more v12's version of it (the main reason was how unexplained it remained, like the MC went there to fetch Venam for another quest and then it was just there)

3 hours ago, Mizuki said:

i'm usually really good at puzzles, just not if they're timed or if theres something chasing me.

As I said judging from Youtube I grant that this does appear to be very annoying as does the Tangrowth puzzle and I am not that great at puzzles, timed, chase or otherwise. 

I'm glad that I did this arc in V12 and to be honest I feel the trials inside the manor itself were a bit more authentic in V12. These timed and chase puzzles feel theatrical and a bit desperate to add a challenge although I do believe the expansion of the manor's appearance with the ghost trees in East Gearen was an improvement upon it just being there and then gone after drawing so little attention. It being more of an intrusive phenomenon made a bit more sense even though it's appearance still remains unexplained and Marionette nicknaming the MC is cute. 

I'm a teeny bit sad that I missed the nicknaming but otherwise I'm good.