Pokemon Reborn Ingame Tier list

Khey

Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny

Tier: B

Availability: Early

Stats: Good

Movepool: Decent

Sewaddle is a really good pokemon, able to hold its own when you first catch it in jasper ward because of good STAB Bug and grass type attacks like Bug Bite and Razor Leaf as soon as you get it. It evolves into Swadloon fairly early as well, so it becomes an asset early on. However, when it evolves into Leavanny, it becomes a powerhouse. Access to Swords Dance and Leaf Blade and a great STAB move in X-Scissor makes Leavanny viable for any team

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think you can get EQ on Gligar by breeding, he learns it via TM. Which means we won't see it in game for a long time :( I hope Ame throws us a bone and gives us another great move like Shadow Ball. That being said, Gligar is great, definite A tier as he walls everything physical.

I need to train a Krookodile

Male Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon with Earthquake -----> Female Gligar = Gligar with Earthquake :D Personally, i would move gligar to S tier simply because you can breed it for Earthquake (we wont see the TM for ages) Access to Swords Dance and STAB Acrobatics? Too good. Even more so when the Razor Fang is released

I put it in A because breeding comes fairly late (or I'm just failing at remembering how to get access to it lol), AND because it's a pain (both getting high level trapinch AND getting female gligar by soft resetting AND grinding gligar up). Also he's tragically really useless against the ice trainer (who was probably the hardest battle for me).

Edit: Yeah... He's good enough to be in A, but the fact that it's so much work to get earthquake for him means I think it's pretty reasonable to put him no higher than that. (you have to not only get 10k coins for trapinch which requires a fair amount of grinding--or running very good at voltorb flip-- but also you have to grind trapinch up to level 55 which makes earthquake gligar unavailable until you've done quite a bit of grinding.)

Edited by Mordoth

Tangela/Tangrowth114.gif465f.gif

Tier: B

Availability: Early

Stats: Above Average

Move Pool: Average

Tangrowth is an amazing physical wall, it's got an amazing defense and special attack stat and when it become a tangrowth it also get good hp and attack. It's also get a good move pool, like a lot of other grass pokemon it gets the status powder for haxing opponents and mega/giga drain which can constantly keep it in the fight. It can be a pain to find though, it took me 4 hours to find 4 tangelas and one time I found a shiny venipede and pansage before I found one. However there is one major thing holding tangela/tangrowth back from higher tiers, the bosses of reborn. Many of the gym leaders of reborn run specially offensive teams that make tangrowth less effective and around the time you get tangrowth a lot of the major bosses are very unfriendly to grass types. Overall, tangrowth is a great pokemon it is an amazing grass type physical wall but keep in mind many of the bosses of reborn have ways to counter it.

Oh and Mordoth Tangela cannot learn leech seed naturally its an egg move and Emboar can get hammer arm through the remember tutor or what ever you call it.

Edited by ShatteredSkys

Updated to about halfway through mordoth's post, I'll get to the rest of it tonight.

Edit- Sorry I havnt been able to update it yet, I've been busy with schoolwork, Y, and other IRL stuff.

Edited by Khey

Ah... I misremembered then. It's been a while since I used that save file. Also agreed on how difficult it is to acquire. I didn't realize how hard it is to acquire until i tried to get one in my new save file. I must have just gotten lucky in my original save.

Even with hammer arm I just think Emboar is a bit worse than other fire types. As a starter Infernape and Blaziken outclass it pretty badly. and for in-game fire types you have Arcanine and Ninetales and Magmar who can be acquired earlier and offer as much or more power. That said there's nothing really wrong with him. In fact, I'd say he's a step up from Magcargo and Camerupt. There are just several other strong fire types available and I don't think he quite measures up.

Lickytung/LickiLicky

Tier C

Movepool: Decent coverage, but you will need to breed Egg moves like Curse or possibly Magnitude. But u get Powerwhip for free.

Availability: Late (?)

LickiLicky has very nice stats (bar his speed). His movepool and coverage is actually pretty good, but the downside is that you have to breed for some of them.

I can't say for sure how useable he is at this point, because I haven't met any Gym past Noel yet.

I'd put Ralts a tier higher, not only because Gardevoir is amazing and totally worth the wait, but a lot of people forget or don't realize how useful teleport is. We don't have fly in-game and from what I've heard we won't have it for a very long time: hence, teleport is the next best thing, and you don't need any badges for it. It cuts down on travel time significantly if you use it wisely, so much so that I think it's totally worth a move slot, even on my Gardevoir, despite being useless in battle. Combine it with dig for an instant heal anywhere you want; never black out again and lose money and pride!

Pokemon: Machamp

Tier: C

Availability: Late mid-game

Stats: Very good

Movepool: Atrocious without breeding

Machamp has a lot of the qualities needed for a solid bulky attacker. His defensive stats of 90/80/85 give it solid bulk and a massive 135 attack stat allows it to dish out a lot of damage, and has access to hitting an immensely powerful move that causes a status effect, and because of his ability, he will not miss. That move is Dynamic Punch. Machamp should have no problem knocking out a Pokemon with one or two hits.

Of course, there are downsides. Machamp requires the usage of a link stone to obtain, meaning that you won't be able to evolve some other very good Pokemon, like Gengar or Alakazam. His moves are absolutely terrible through leveling up, all of them being Fighting type. If you want to cover that, you will need to breed a move down.

Hmm Gligar w/ EQ might be my next project...grinding a Trapinch is gonna be awful though.

If I use a Fire Stone on Growlithe at any level, will the Arcanine begin learning T. Fang and F. Fang immediately? I want a Moxie Sandile with both of those moves and figured that would be the fastest way to breed it on.

If I use a Fire Stone on Growlithe at any level, will the Arcanine begin learning T. Fang and F. Fang immediately? I want a Moxie Sandile with both of those moves and figured that would be the fastest way to breed it on.

You need to fork out some Heart Scales at the Move Rememberer to get those moves.

Yamma/Yamega193.gif469.gif

Tier:C

Stats:Slightly above average

Move Pool: Above average

Availability: Mid

Yamega and yamma can be a great special attacker for any team, you can find the elusive dragon fly on Azurine Island but just keep in mind it is incredibly rare.Yamega has base 116 sp attack which is pretty good and it's not that frail to physical attacks like many other sp attackers with base 86 defense. But where yamega really shines is through it's abilities, yamega gets ones of the best abilities in the game speed boost which allows it to easily out speed almost everything. it also gets tinted lens which lets in attack pokemon who normally resist yamega's attacks for neutral damage, get speed boost if you can trust me tinted lens isn't as useful as it sounds. Yamega also gets a pretty good move pool, air slash and bug buzz for STAB, u-turn for doing damage while switching out and detect which guarantees a turn of speed boost. If i were to be judge yamega only on these factors yamega would probably be tier A or maybe S. However yamega suffers from the same thing arcanine suffers from, it's best moves require really high levels. Yamega will be stuck with uproar and shadow ball all the way up to level 54 when it learns air slash. Up until than Yamega's damage is going to extremely mediocre and your going to have to baby sit it for quite a long time.

Shuppet/Banette353.gif354.gif

Tier: D

Move Pool: Poor

Availability:Early

Though Banette has a great attack stat of 115 it suffers from way to much to be very useful. Besides it's great attack stat everything else besides sp attack (83) is around the mid 60's. Banette also suffers from a pretty poor move pool, the only ghost physical move it can get is shadow sneak which is base 40 power. Though it does get will-o wisp and sucker punch which help it take on physical attackers and cover it poor speed. Banette can be helpful with taking down incredibly fast glass cannons like gengar but besides that it generally isn't very helpful besides burning or cursing the opponent's pokemon but it generally doesn't live long after wards.

Edited by ShatteredSkys

• 4 weeks later...

Wooper/Quagsire194.gif195f.gif

Tier:C

Stats:Average

Move Pool:Slightly Below Average

Availability:Mid

As far as ground/water pokemon go quagsire is a tab sub par when compared to pokemon like swampert, gastrodon, and palpitoad's evolution (I don't remember it's name) but it should not be dismissed as a bad pokemon. It's stats are rather average, it has decent base hp(95), atk(85) and def (85) but it's sp def and sp atk are lacking (both 65) and it is very slow with a base speed of 35. It's move pool is also kind of average but it has it's perks, it gets yawn for sleep condition, amnesia to make up for it's low sp def, and earthquake a very strong STAB move rather early on. But thats about as good as it's move pool gets, despite being a water type quagsire gets stuck with water gun all the way to 53 (muddy water). However, it does get pretty good abilities, it's best abilties are water absorb which gives it immunity and healing against other water types or unaware which lets it ignore boosts which can be huge against specific enemeis. On my 2nd run through of reborn quagsire came in handy against Aya by putting eveything to sleep and being able to take all her attacks well.

I'll post some more reviews later on but I first need to fix the sprites for my original posts and my sig and I may need to do reviews on pokemon that have already been reviewed.

• 1 month later...

I disagree with Ralts placement solely because of the pay off once its a Gardevoir. I feel that since she can pretty much sweep the game as a whole, she should be placed higher. Also, due to the wild pokemon available at the same time she is (so much poison), she's super easy to train.

Also; Aggron for B

Availability: Way to blasted late in the game.
Stats: Sexy
Movepool: Kinda meh, unless you breed for moves, which I'm too lazy to do.
Comments: Aggron is awesome and made of awesome, but I don't feel his moveset is all that, and he takes forever to get. I swear, if Reborn could trade pokemon, I'd trade em to myself earlier in the game. Which is prolly why we dont have it... Anyway, yeah, his defense and attack and made of awesomeness, and makes up for (again, my opinion) his lousy movepool. I'd want him higher, but, availability and moveset, so yeah.

WAAAAAAIIIIT A minute (This goes off topic). You can only get one aron in the Railnet basement? :/ damn.

And, (This is on topic) I have to disagree with you on the moving ralts up. While yes, its a sweeper if you train it right, I have to say, getting it past kirlia is the first irritation, theres also that damned low defense base that just makes it pointless to have gardevoir if you end up fighting a team that really just wants to pull your hair out (In other words, physical). And it's special offensive capabilities seriously don't make up for it. But this is just my opinion. Personally, I'd prefer alakazam. Speaking of which, I think Alakazam's movepool rating should be 'decent', considering it learns psychic far too late in-game, and honestly? It's just a pain when comes down to dark types (Can you get focus blast? I have no idea.)

Gotta say Speed Boost Sharpedo deserves to be at least on A-Tier list. Gets Ice Fang by 16, Crunch by level 28, Aqua Jet by level 34, Night Slash by 56, eventually will learn Earthquake or Protect by MT (When they are out, of course; IF they are out of course). Practically sweeps Shade's team on it's own by spamming Crunch (I recommend having Dread Plate equipped).

Tier A

Speed Boost Carvanha/Sharpedo

Availability (Early-Mid, Just in time for when he is most useful)
Movepool - Damn good
Stats - Strong Attack (base 120)
Mediocre Speed (95, but compensates with Speed boost, also with some early EV training outspeeds most of NPC pokemanz)
Mediocre Sp. Attk (95, I would just take Adamant and forget about special moves at all)

Damn Low Defenses, but they won't touch you if you kill them first :P

Also, as you get him at level 20, it's very easy to train it to face Shade. At lvl 26 it gets Assurance, then you can grind Unowns for Crunch (28) and fast levels.

Edited by maturekpo

Better add Serperior ^w^ I guess a contrary one would be worth A tier, but without it, its just.... Ugh. (Tier D?)

Contrary Serperior/servine/snivy

Availability: Immediately

Stats: Kinda bulky, but outspeeds pretty much everything.

Movepool: Bad unless you can somehow get dragon pulse on it and successfully breed a HP rock/fire poke.

Comments: If youre not planning to breed this poke with HP rock and Contrary, and if youre not planning to add leaf storm with contrary, its pretty much worthless. My only successful serp in the main series has Dragon pulse, Giga drain, HP rock, and Leaf storm. Though if you get it started with leaf storm, its gonna start sweeping like crazy. (not really needed while traveling though..)

I would like to summarise my early playthrough experience as
A) Fairy types are close to useless early game due to the amount of poison types running round. It's not that Ralts, Azurill, snuball and Cleffa are bad pokemon but unfortunately there movepools are quite shallow and they lack designated targets until the fighting gym (even then the level cap stops them from getting useful moves). Though Kirlia & Clefairy come a bit handy as bulkish utility mons, ultimately I find them outclassed and there retyping does them no favours early game. I do see potential later on in the game but for the effort and time being as of 10.5 I feel they are C-class pokemon all for the same reasons.

B) On another note I would like to nominate Bunnelby to S-Class. Comes at a great starting level, quick to evolve, fantastic ability and type and most importantly with a pick up team grabbing heart scales it has one of the best movepools early game. Diggersby Tho? jokes aside its a huge power monstrosity.

If you haven't gotton through Berryl don't open this spoiler and i apologise if certain characters are based on real people, never meant to offend anyone but....

Corey never commited suicide, Diggersby just ended his life

EDIT:HOW DO I POST SCREEN SHOTS?

EDIT: With further play and more heart scales I find Gardevoir to be quite fantastic and with calm mind + moon blast it has become the go to wall breaker on my team. Also under appreciated the usefulness of teleport. Easily the best of the fairy types the only problem is getting it to that level which is a huge pain in the butt. Weak early game but powerful mid game that i would definitely suggest is worth bumping it up a tier to B-Class.

Edited by Bear

• 2 weeks later...

So would anyone be able to put in comparison between Tiers for Makuhita and Scraggy? Would Scraggy be able to outdo makuhita? Becuase i was using makuhita before i learned where scraggy was and had already downed Florinia before i found out from the forum theres one in the slums so should i grind scraggy up to the rest of the teams level? i see Scraggy is way up top is it worth grinding it out and keeping my other fighting type on the side

Edited by Feareth

Might want to add Torterra

Tier: A

Stats: Physical tank

Movepool: so-so

Availability: Immediate

One reason why Torterra makes A tier is EQ. Having a Pokemon with earthquake as early as lvl. 32 makes the early mid game easier. The biggest downside of Torterra, though, is it's speed. But this can be balanced by having faster party members. As having a so-so move pool, it makes up for it in stellar attack/defense. With Razor Leaf being able to OHKO most ground types mid game, this makes Torterra a viable choice.

Go ahead and hate, I love Torterra. Just be glad I didn't recommend S tier.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I pretty much entirely forgot about this. Anyway, I updated to the most recent suggestions. I have not played at all since episode 9, are there any new Pokemon from Gen 6 that were added that you guys have used and find useful?