Pokemon Reborn Ingame Tier list

Khey

Khey, on 01 Apr 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

Wow, I pretty much entirely forgot about this. Anyway, I updated to the most recent suggestions. I have not played at all since episode 9, are there any new Pokemon from Gen 6 that were added that you guys have used and find useful?

Yeah there are gen 6 pokemon and the first two I want t suggest are Greninja and Noivern!

You can get Greninja as your starter and it is simply a beast because of that Protean. Everyone whos played competitively in Gen 6 should know how strong Protean Greninja is. Protean is even better in a playthrough because the AI doesn't seem to know your going to change type so they are easily exploitable and not to mention STAB on all your moves is always useful. Also at the start its surprisingly good because of the move lick of all things! Lick with protean lets it turn to a ghost type to avoid headbutts, uproars and tackles which are basically the only attacks used on you early game. This pokemon is definitely S material IMO as its obtainable right away an extremely useful right away and remains useful late game.

Noibats are available extremely early and are very useful early game. Dragon/Flying gives you a 4x resistance to Grass types which is very useful for those early game Fern battles and your second Gym Battle. It also learns some nice moves by the time you reach the second Gym like Air Cutter. The only problem with Noibat is how long it takes to evolve into Noivern which leaves it weak around your 4th - 5th Gym badge. I would suggest just not using Noibat after beating Shelly and waitig until after you 5th Gym badge as after beating Aya you can catch wild Noibats that are a high level and close to evolving into Noivern. Noivern is very strong around that part of the game but unfortunately has a 4x weakness to the 6th Gym so is no help there but will still be exceptionally useful in other hard battles. I would rate this pokemon A because its very strong and useful early and late game but is let down by its next to uselessness in mid game.

Edited by GottaLoveShuckle

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed that you can no longer get a Magby any longer, so I removed him from the list. If anyone else notices Pokemon who's location in the game got majorly changed compared to ep 9, feel free to tell me so if I need to I can change its position.

Hmm...

Change Scraggy... can't get it now until you get the Strength TM and Aya's badge...

Staraptor is not available anymore... sadly...

Since Vulpix new event has a Level 45 Klinklang in the way, i'd say it's a bit more late now...

Will scout for more :P

EDIT: Zubat is not available until the Wastelands now... *Mid-Late ^^*

The Abra trade is now an Litleo trade... Abra now IS VERY LATE (When you reach the 7th street, a.k.a start of episode 11)

Gligar event doesn't exist anymore (Y Ame? I got one, but still...)

Magnezone is now available as early as before... Read Sky's thing for info (Magnemite is kinda early still, so whatever...)

Togepi is not available anymore...

Riolu is not available anymore...

Skorupi is early now... They are in the railnet ^_^

Porygon event changed, so i'd say "mid-early" or something like that...

Klink is in the railnet now... I'd say Early...

Sorry if this too much, but it's the truth .-.

And if you really want to finish this list, then: Let's focus on event pokemons first... then, we move to wild ones and stuff... just my opinion...

Edited by Vinny953

Updated the list to include Pokemon that were changed in some way. I also went back through this topic and made a changelog, viewable at the bottom of the original post.

Other things, do you guys think Ralts gaining Fairy and Abra being changed to way later in the game is enough to move it up a tier or two?

And if you really want to finish this list, then: Let's focus on event pokemons first... then, we move to wild ones and stuff... just my opinion...

Do you mean as in theorymonning? I don't mind as long as the people that do it can write in high quality and are knowledgeable about the game enough to not do it terribly. Otherwise, we can't really force people to only use event Pokemon on their play through.

Edited by Khey

Other things, do you guys think Ralts gaining Fairy and Abra being changed to way later in the game is enough to move it up a tier or two?

I think Gardevoir can sit put, but I feel like Abra should be moved down a tier for the time being; at least until more episodes are released.

Do you mean as in theorymonning? I don't mind as long as the people that do it can write in high quality and are knowledgeable about the game enough to not do it terribly. Otherwise, we can't really force people to only use event Pokemon on their play through.

*Facepalm* I forgot that there's more people helping on this... Nah, forget what i said then... Scratch that last phrase... In fact...

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to include some Pokemon from my latest playthrough, and edited some tiers to better reflect a Pokemon's strengths.

Also, it's become aware to me that the game, even in its current state, may be too long to have one list accurately portray how good some Pokemon work in different parts of the game, such as Noibat or Ralts, who have absolute garbage stats until they evolve. How would you guys feel about splitting this into different lists based on how far into the game it is? I've been thinking of having it as Pre- Route 1 and Post- Route 1.

If we were judging this by my playthrough, I'd put bibarel in at least the B tier.

Don't worry, i'm not screwing around, here's why.

Up to level fifty before i caught Gengar, Bibarel (you can quote me on this) Steamrolled everything with moody. It requires way too much luck, but what i would do is (if against a special attacker) use amnesia or headbutt (if against a physical one) and hope for a flinch. After around 4-5 turns, if bibarel lives to that legnth, he's done, and you can roll over anything.

I think it should be higher, but thats because i'm a sucker for gimmicky pokemon.

On Jolteon, I wouldn't put it on that tier. While it has good offensive stats, its movepool is not good at all, in fact, it's terrible. The moves he can use consist of Thunder (bad accuracy), Discharge (not as strong as T-bolt, which is unavailable as a TM currently) and Shadow Ball. Those are literally the only special moves that have a decent base power for it to use. Also, I'm not counting HP Ice because it's not easy to get, you'd have to breed for hours praying to god that you get lucky enough with the IVs. If you really need a good electric type on your team, either go for Magnezone or Manectric (assuming you breed to get Flame Burst, since Flamethrower/Overheat aren't available yet :[ ).

Edited by MMM

@khey I like the idea of two different lists. Pre route 1 and post route 1 might be difficult to constantly playthrough but multiple save files will help with that.

I'm not sure if Spritzee should change in tier but I've got a good feeling that Aromatisse could be much more helpful than Slurpuff. This is just based on my experience with Aromatisse though. Right after you beat Shelly you've got access to a link stone which you can use right away along with giving it the hold evolution item. My Aromatisse had high iv's in hp(29) and defense(24) but very low iv's in special attack(3) and special defense(4). Of course its speed is below average. Even so it was able to take hits very well due to its high hp base 101 and deliver a large amount of damage. It's movepool is very dangerous because it starts off with calm mind at level 20 and learns draining kiss at level 21 which worked perfectly for dealing damage and keeping it alive for the long run of the battle. On top of that it learns moonblast at level 31. For late game it learns psychic at level 48.

One thing I noticed is that Kiki's team didn't seem ready for an Aromatisse who used calm mind three times and to my surprise it took out pretty much her whole team including Croagunk and Lucario with moonblast and draining kiss. Of course every pokemon has its moments so slurpuff may have its moments however, I used a common type sweeping strategy that I've seen a lot of people use with other pokemon. Normally you wouldn't keep two moves of the same type but in this case Aromatisse seems to have a more dangerous movepool than Slurpuff to me personally.

I'm no expert on tiers but I'd say it's a bit better than a Slurpuff. Honestly, it saved me in many meteor battles when nothing else could.

bLQIGmC.gif

Nidoking:
Availability: Late mid-game

Stats: Above average

Movepool: Incredible

Comments: Nidoking is an incredibly powerful Pokemon thanks to his ability Sheer Force. With his incredibly large movepool, his attack stats of 92/85 seem much larger, with access to Earth Power and Sludge Wave. Nidoking should easily plow through trainers that will challenge you out on the road. However, since he has a speed stat of 85, he won't out-speed a lot of Pokemon that you will encounter in more difficult battles.

Suggestion for ranking: B or C

Actually, without a Life Orb/Choice Specs, Nidoking's bad special attack stat shows, and without a Choice Scarf, his Speed is also bad. On top of that, there's not a lot of GOOD TMs that Nidoking can learn right now. I know Sludge Wave and Earth Power are nothing to laugh at, but Nidoking needs more coverage.

That doesn't mean Nidoking's bad, it means that he's not so good right now.

I'd say: "C" right now, and when items/TMs become available, "A"

Can anyone tell me what the codes are for adding the pokemon sprites? Adding them would probably make it a bit easier to skim through when you're looking for something in specific.

If we were judging this by my playthrough, I'd put bibarel in at least the B tier.

Don't worry, i'm not screwing around, here's why.

Up to level fifty before i caught Gengar, Bibarel (you can quote me on this) Steamrolled everything with moody. It requires way too much luck, but what i would do is (if against a special attacker) use amnesia or headbutt (if against a physical one) and hope for a flinch. After around 4-5 turns, if bibarel lives to that legnth, he's done, and you can roll over anything.

I think it should be higher, but thats because i'm a sucker for gimmicky pokemon.

I'll move it up a bit, but B is REALLY pushing it. Having to rely on luck for something this challenging is not really a good strategy, and you just don't have as much control over how the game plays out. I'll push it up to D, but probably no higher.

On Jolteon, I wouldn't put it on that tier. While it has good offensive stats, its movepool is not good at all, in fact, it's terrible. The moves he can use consist of Thunder (bad accuracy), Discharge (not as strong as T-bolt, which is unavailable as a TM currently) and Shadow Ball. Those are literally the only special moves that have a decent base power for it to use. Also, I'm not counting HP Ice because it's not easy to get, you'd have to breed for hours praying to god that you get lucky enough with the IVs. If you really need a good electric type on your team, either go for Magnezone or Manectric (assuming you breed to get Flame Burst, since Flamethrower/Overheat aren't available yet :[ ).

Those are some good points. Moved it down one.

@khey I like the idea of two different lists. Pre route 1 and post route 1 might be difficult to constantly playthrough but multiple save files will help with that.

I'm not sure if Spritzee should change in tier but I've got a good feeling that Aromatisse could be much more helpful than Slurpuff. This is just based on my experience with Aromatisse though. Right after you beat Shelly you've got access to a link stone which you can use right away along with giving it the hold evolution item. My Aromatisse had high iv's in hp(29) and defense(24) but very low iv's in special attack(3) and special defense(4). Of course its speed is below average. Even so it was able to take hits very well due to its high hp base 101 and deliver a large amount of damage. It's movepool is very dangerous because it starts off with calm mind at level 20 and learns draining kiss at level 21 which worked perfectly for dealing damage and keeping it alive for the long run of the battle. On top of that it learns moonblast at level 31. For late game it learns psychic at level 48.

One thing I noticed is that Kiki's team didn't seem ready for an Aromatisse who used calm mind three times and to my surprise it took out pretty much her whole team including Croagunk and Lucario with moonblast and draining kiss. Of course every pokemon has its moments so slurpuff may have its moments however, I used a common type sweeping strategy that I've seen a lot of people use with other pokemon. Normally you wouldn't keep two moves of the same type but in this case Aromatisse seems to have a more dangerous movepool than Slurpuff to me personally.

I'm no expert on tiers but I'd say it's a bit better than a Slurpuff. Honestly, it saved me in many meteor battles when nothing else could.

I'll put it in the same place as Slurpuff. Swirlix comes a bit later than it, and is super slow and not that bulky...

Another pretty good pokemon is Klinklang for me. bad offencive typing, but one of the best boosting mooves +1 att +2 spe and a Stab 100 BP double hit. Good fairy killer though.

There are not many Fairy types in the game that I noticed, so having a steel type attack is not that useful. Not to mention thats pretty much its only attack. Also I already had it in :P

bLQIGmC.gif

Nidoking:

Stats: Above average

Movepool: Incredible

Comments: Nidoking is an incredibly powerful Pokemon thanks to his ability Sheer Force. With his incredibly large movepool, his attack stats of 92/85 seem much larger, with access to Earth Power and Sludge Wave. Nidoking should easily plow through trainers that will challenge you out on the road. However, since he has a speed stat of 85, he won't out-speed a lot of Pokemon that you will encounter in more difficult battles.

I thought I already had Nidoking in, I've used it one of my playthroughs before... Added to C because Vinny also said it'd fit there, but he will move up if he gets any new decent TM's.

One thing I noticed was an odd lack of archeops. And I am here to fix that.

Archen-Archeops

Availability: Mid-Late
Stats: Great (attacking wise) Poor (defensively)
Movepool: Amazing
Comments: The two main problems you will have with Archeops are A) Getting him only after you beat the two meteor grunts that are lurking in the museum (and even after that he has a chance of dieing before you can get him. Though that might be a trait shared by all fossils and I just didnt experience it with kabuto) and B) His lack luster defences making it pretty easy to get him into defeatist range. But if you manage to treat him just right and even ev train him, you will have one of the better sweepers in the game. He has a very good move pool that will atleast hit every pokemon type neutrally and then add his great attacking stats into the mix and you have one great in-game terror. Thankfully for him priority isn't to common in this game so he will be able to outspeed and kill, before the opponents can do anything.

Edited by Shadyserpent269

A "non choice banded" Talonflame Brave Bird doesn't activate Defeatist (It takes 35-41% of Archeops health) and Archeops can OHKO it with Stone Edge/Rock Slide. Hey, it's the most common priority anyway. Unless Scizor decides to Bullet Punch it, of course.

While the ability and the time it takes to get holds him back, he got an excellent movepool for the game right now.

"B"

Cyndaquil,Quilava,Thyplosion
Availability: immediatly/very late
Stats: good
Tier:C (S if you could teach typhlosion eruption with a heart scale because in gen 6 you can)
Movepool: decent for a pure fire pokemon
Comments: I advise you not to pick this as a starter. Unless eruption gets added to typhliosion's relearnable moves then this could be one of the best to pick. Typhlosion has one of the strongest fire type move (eruption 150 bp at max hp)in its movepool but it is his final move at level 74 and that is past the level cap in the latest beta (ep 11). Also since gen 6 it's also his lvl 1 move wich you should be able to relearn but it seems ame hasn't added it to his relearable moves. Late game you can also buy a cyndaquil in 7th street and if you train cyndaquil to level 58 it will also learn eruption and you can evolve it to typhlosion afterwards. If you combine ninetales drought with eruption you can pretty much OHKO anything that is in this game. But sadly eruption is not avaible early on so it loses its effectiveness. Also until typhlosion learns lava plume he pretty much sucks. so mid game he is pretty weak because ember is his strongest move.
Mareep.Flaaffy,Ampheros
Availability: pretty early.
Stats: good
Tier:A
Movepool: Good
Comments: you can get a (traded)mareep early on lvl 20 and because its traded it won't take long for it to reach 30 and by then it will be a ampheros. Ampheros has a great movepool and has pretty much moves that can counter any type.It may not be the fastest pokemon but it has decent bulk and hp and high sp atk. It can also relearn some great moves early on. Zap cannon with 120bp although not advisable if you are lucky this could be dangerous.It can also relearn dragonpulse wich is good against some pokemon in the current beta. It also has signal beam wich helps a lot in the last 2 gyms in the current beta. It learns confuse ray early. it has discharge so combined with some other pokémon it can be a good double battle pokemon. power gem can also be usefull against some trainers.
Edited by KillerTyphlosion

Yamask/Cofagrigus

Availability: Mid

Stats: Good

Movepool: Below average

Tier recommendation: A or B

Comments: Yamask evolves almost immediately after you catch it (2 levels) and turns into a defensive beast. With a +spdef nature you can tank special hits pretty well, but cofagrigus really shines on the physical side. 145 defense backed by will o wisp makes enemy physical attackers cry. He can also shell out pretty good damage with hex/shadow ball and can very easily stall out most pokemon with curse/wisp. His low hp does limit his bulk somewhat, but he's still one of the best tanks available. Mummy is an amazing ability that can nullify threats such as noel's swellow. His only issues are poor speed and a somewhat shallow movepool, which doesn't provide a good way to hit normals (besides his stall and the possibility of HP fighting).

yHeDNsr.gif

Venipede / Whirlipede / Scolipede

Movepool: Rather poor

Comments: Getting it late in the game, Venipede can be evolved into Scolipede nearly immediately. When it's obtained, you can boast about the great 100 attack stat and a whopping 112 in speed. Scolipede will definitely outspeed a large portion of the game, especially with the speed boost ability. Megahorn can be obtained through re-learning, which will be Scolipede's main move. However, aside from Megahorn, there isn't a whole lot to teach to this Pokemon. With its only poison attacks obtained through leveling up being Venoshock and Poison Tail, it lacks on good coverage. It mostly relies on TMs, and there's not a lot of those that are good for this Pokemon yet.

Tier suggestion: B

Edited by Red'sCharizard

I've used some very weird Pokemon so I might be able to help with this. I feel any of these pokemon can be used, but ranking them is a bit hard.

Lanturn

Tier: D

Availability: Somewhat Early

Stats: Poor

Movepool: Okay

Despite it's terrible stats and shallow movepool, it's a very decent Pokemon early game. While it can't hit that hard, it gains confuse ray and charge beam. What this thing can do is take special hits like no tomorrow. If you need a wall, it's not a bad option.

Manectric

Tier: C

Availability: Very Early

Stats: Average

the biggest issue with Manetric is that it doesn't learn anything useful early and it's best moves are from TMs (Overheat). Thunder Wave combined with it's good speed is useful for halting threats. If it had a better attack stat, I'd definitely give it a higher rank.

Typhlosion

Availability: Very Early/Late

Movepool: Poor

I was surprised by this Pokemon. While it is overshadowed by it's Fire/Fighting successors, it's not a bad Pokemon. If you need a hard hitting, speedy fire type, Typhlosion is an excellent choice.

Roserade

Tier: A

Availability: Somewhat Late

This Pokemon is great at three things: Poison, Recovering, and Hitting hard. Leech Seed and Toxic Spikes are great options as Roserade can outspeed quite a bit and the AI isn't smart enough to switch (yet). This thing can also hit like a truck with Petal Dance. The biggest downside is it's frail defense. As long as it is used wisely, it can be a great asset to almost any team.

Honchkrow

Availability: Varies

If this Pokemon had better speed, it'd easily be an A rank. Like Crobat, it gains the ability to use Haze. With Super Luck and a Scope Lens, this bird will put a dent into some really bulky Pokemon. It'll probably take a hit or two before going down because it doesn't have the defenses to stand that long.

Toxicroak

Tier: B

Availability: Somewhat Late

Movepool: Great

Toxicroak is a really special case. While it doesn't learn any great STAB moves early, it has a couple nasty little tricks up it's sleeve. Swagger, Mud Bomb, Revenge, and Sucker Punch are some of it's moves it'll learn early. It starts out rather poor, but it gains potential as the game goes on.

Escalvier

Tier: B

Availability: Late

While it's no Scissor, Escalvier has some great uses. It can be used as a staller in order to heal everyone up or go on the offensive and really hurt the opponent. Another upside is that this Pokemon grows very fast meaning it's not going to lag behind despite it's late availability. He also has an advantage against all four leaders that follow him. It's a pretty good pokemon, but there are much better options.

Cherrim

Availability: Very Early

Stats: Varies

On paper, this pokemon is terrible. In Reborn, it's not too bad. The biggest hindrance is that Sunny Day needs to be up which will really hurt any water types and wastes a turn in battle. Double Battles is where it really shines. Flower Gift raises the attack and special defense by 50% when it sunny of both it and it's partner. This is a very difficult pokemon to use, but it's very strong when used correctly.

Arbok

Availability: Very Eary

If you're going to use Arbok, it's not going to be for Attacking. With moves like Sreech, Glarce, Acid Spray, and a Poison move along with intimidate, it's good for a setup. Not the best Pokemon out there, but it has it's uses.

Alakazam

Tier: A

Availability: Late

Stats: Excelent

Alakazam used to be a great pain to get as you had to trade a Bibarel for an Abra which was worth it. Based off that experience, Alakazam is a Pokemon that'll be useful throughout the whole game. It's both fast and strong. It'll be a major pain to raise, but the reward is worth the efforts.

Emolga

Availability: Somewhat early

Emolga as a whole is terrible, but has a few little gimmicks that make him a little useful like acrobatics and light screen. His typing isn't too bad either, but it's his stats that hinder him to be too weak. He's very useful early, but he'll drag behind later.

Edited by commander218

Yeah, I've really got to stress how good Archeops and Escavalier are. They both hit like trucks (especially acrobatics from Archeops) and while Archeops is very fast with u-turn and some great coverage, Escavalier is incredibly bulky with a fantastic defensive typing. Escavalier in particular has been very useful since I picked him up, practically making Serra and Noel a walk in the park with STAB super effective iron head against ice and fairy (that clefable) and with swords dance the clefable literally stands no chance. He should be able to dismantle Radomus and Luna equally effectively but I'm on a bit of a break from my second playthrough and so can't comment on that with experience.

Both of them are very deserving of a "B" in my opinion with a possible "A" for Escavalier due to how useful it is for the next 4 gyms. (Seeing as how Serra, Noel and Radomus are generally complained about)

A "non choice banded" Talonflame Brave Bird doesn't activate Defeatist (It takes 35-41% of Archeops health) and Archeops can OHKO it with Stone Edge/Rock Slide. Hey, it's the most common priority anyway. Unless Scizor decides to Bullet Punch it, of course.

Not that there are Talonflames or scizors in Reborn yet. I hope it stays that way for a while...

I've used some very weird Pokemon so I might be able to help with this. I feel any of these pokemon can be used, but ranking them is a bit hard.

Already have Alakazam, but thanks for everything else!

Also thanks to everyone else that gave me things to update! Took a while, but added the most recent additions. As always, feel free to tell me if you don't like something or think something should be changed.

I would recommend listing Greninja as a Pokémon belonging to the S Tier, simply because Protean is amazing (although not as fun to risk and play with as the starter I opted for in my main save).

...also, if Mega Stones are implemented, Mega Charizard X should set that tree pretty high; probably A (although, if that's even going to happen, it's quite a while away).

Edited by Truly Deceptive

Protean is an amazing ability, but I think its hard to justify putting Greninja in S tier simply because of movepool. On the special side his best available options are Water pulse, extrasensory, dark pulse, and hydro pump, the latter 3 of which come very late. Physical is slightly better, as nightslash/shadowsneak/smack down is actually pretty strong (and available early), but without waterfall he's lacking a reliable water attack.

Its worth noting that breeding can help the problem somewhat. As soon as you get ditto you can get scald and near the end of episode 11 you can get ice beam. Still, Greninja's available movepool leaves a lot to be desired IMO.