Is Normal difficulty a bit too hard?

Arthesia

On 8/18/2021 at 12:04 AM, HirsuteMonkey said:

And this right here sums up the problem. Your options for countering things usually boil down to the following:

1. Using an expansive roster of painfully boring OP Über-tier mons instead of your favorites.

2. Go full Edge of Tomorrow on the bosses with countless resets to figure out the optimal strategy and then pray to RNGesus for victory.

3. Cheese like no one has ever cheesed before, using absurd filth like evasion boosting, Shedinja, imposter Ditto, Destiny Bond x5, Perish Song, and so on.

4. Try to beat the boss at their own game, using their field effect against them, which usually entails your team being completely useless in most other situations.

5. Laboriously grind up a series of hyper-specific hard counters and then put them in the box after the fight on the off chance they’ll come in handy later.

The problem is the field effects. They’re not able to be countered or destroyed nearly as easily as in Reborn, and unlike in Reborn, there’s little feeling of give-and-take. In Reborn, it felt like the fields were an advantage in total, but had the possibility to be subverted into an advantage on your side. In Rejuvenation, the field effects are staggeringly OP and made to eliminate all but a tiny handful of niche counters against a particular bespoke team.

If I had any skill whatsoever in modding the game, I’d severely scale back the field effects for normal mode, making them much more like Reborn’s. More ways to alter them, less broken Seeds, less drastic buffs and debuffs (things like 1.2x or 0.8x effectiveness instead of 1.5x, 0.5x, and complete immunities, not to mention accuracy modifiers like always-hit Hypnosis), and more moves being logically boosted or hindered by interacting with the fields. Reborn’s fields had a diverse variety of move interactions, and now it’s often down to a bare handful in Rejuvenation.

Credit where it’s due, though: signature moves are a fantastic idea, and generally they’re well-implemented (if you ignore the brokenness of the field effects themselves). Those can stay or even be expanded upon as far as I’m concerned. Those and crests. There can never be enough crests. 

My way of beating rejuv is kinda 2. 5 and a little bit of 3.. However, i will NEVER use things mine Minimize. i cheese just using items, everybody says that revives and max potions break the game and make it eazy, i still find it pretty hard-

Of course im not the very best out there, people easily out-match me, but, i wanted to try myself out and i think Reborn and Rejuv are making me better at thinking strategys and thinking how battles and go out after 2 tries

I dont think its fun if you make yourself just use mons that counter the others- Its basically build a team to win 1 single battle, thats why i dont use this method. Of course, i train a lot of mons, but its because i want and like them, not because they were strong againts someone (I admit.. There was only 1 time i trained a mon to beat someone. Needed Glaceon to beat Ryland. but even so, i love Glacion!)

• Upvote 1

gonna chime in and also say that the difficulty doesn't feel quite right.

The game is cheating and the super stacked against you, but I don't mind that. I play on intense set/no items and am expecting to get trashed a lot.

What I do not like is that when I try out strategies to counter certain bosses it just straight up doesn't work.

Like for example I tried to beat Hazuki with several strategies (am playing mono dark so no access to trick room of my own): 1. I wreak my brain and in the end try to change the field up with topsy turvy into glitch field for nature power to get access to trick room-> field can't be changed :/ 

2. I try to beat her with a lot of bulky mons do some theorycrafting with the ps damage calculator to see how the battle might play out -> her mons for some reason have negative speed EVs and all the time I invested into breeding was for naught.

In the end I had to use debug mode and cheese her with 5x iron ball + Destiny bond. Just one example of many. 

Like others said the game feels too much like it became a fishing event for best rng.

• Upvote 1

I dunno I've found the game to have a pretty good difficulty all around, some fights are extremely hard, as they are intended to be, but most fights I win on my second try, with the first try dedicated to just figuring out what pokemon im going to be against.

Most of the pokemon im using are the new Aevium forms specifically Lapras, Milotic, Roserade, Chandelure and Toxtricity

That said I do agree about the field affects, things like permanant priority blocking fields, 100% accurate hypnosis, fights becoming a 1 shot or get 1 shot battle, thats not fun

• Upvote 1

I have always enjoyed playing Rejuvenation until now.  I have played this game multiple times using different teams - a Gen 7 team, shiny teams and I have been looking forward to this version to play a Gen 8 team.  The problem is, it is now too hard for your normal person and there are too many Boss battles.  The theme of travelling around and then having a gym battle has been thrown out the window.  After battling Adam, I had my cap set to 85, I then had a Boss battle against Nim, a Rift battle, a Boss battle against Ryland, a double battle against Madame X and her friends, a Boss battle against the Doctor, a Boss battle against Melia, a Boss battle against Anju again, and there are 2 more Boss battles on the horizon and my cap is still 85, even though I have supposedly received 2 more badges.  I am tired of spending a day for each of the Boss battles attempting to work out the strategy to try to win and hoping to win.  From reading the above notes, it seems like people are cheating and using the debug mode just to progress.  Is that the objective of the game?  To make it too hard to beat without cheating.  If people want to play a hard version, let them play Intense mode.  I just want to play a normal version where I have a chance of winning.  At the moment I have given up because I am not enjoying playing any more.  My objective has always been to attempt to play with different teams.  It seems like the objective now is that you have to have a team of super fast, super strong pokemon to have a chance of winning.

5 hours ago, deelee said:

There are too many Boss battles

I think I mentioned earlier that a lot of them come out of nowhere, which increases the frustration, but I wanted to take a quick look at the numbers for the first few chapters. While I'm pretty sure they're the same at this point I'll use Badges as the cut off instead of chapters just to be safe with the level cap.

Badge 1: Garbador, Venam

Badge 2: Melia, Zetta, Rift Gyrados, Rift Galvantula, Nim, Keta, Madelis/Shadow Mewtwo, Spirit Keta

Badge 3: Amanda, Marianette

Badge 4: Aelita, Giritina, Gaera, Ren, Narcissa

Badge 5: Nim, Emma, Madelis/Nastasia, Valarie

Badge 6: Gaera, Zetta, Crawli

You can see here why I'm not sure I like the new level cap for Venam at 18. After they redid the order of the Team Xen attack on Goldenwood (the right choice), you've got this huge load of fights with no increase in level cap. But in general the early game at least feels ok in terms of how many fights they throw at you per cap increase. The issue I can see right off the bat is that they all have a variety of styles and type preferences that could force an unprepared player to train up another team member or two, but I don't remember that being a huge issue, at least at this point in the game.

On 8/1/2021 at 9:47 AM, DemICE said:

I see a lot of complaints about EV training rooms.  As far as I know  they become available after Valarie.  Which is earlier than when the bosses start having some mons with specialized spreads.   Is that not enough?

I had the ev training rooms after venam haha

31 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Because they changed it back after an overwhelmingly negative reaction to this change. This is how it should be, available from the start. 

Ohhh I didn’t realize, have the majority of the issues pointed out in this thread been addressed?