SPOILERS!!!! If you could save one character in this game, who would it be and why?

Turtleboi

Spoilers!   

59 members have voted

1. 1. If you could save one character in this game, who would it be and why?

Not on the list, but I would definitely save:

Spoiler

Taka. If you chose the Reshiram route in the game, he eventually dies because of a stupid mistake by Titania(also because of her way too aggressive and straightforward nature). Taka doesn't deserve any of the misery he's been through; he doesn't want to be a part of Team Meteor under Lin's leadership and he's just lost and confused in general. He doesn't try to stop you from progressing out of his own will. On the contrary, he looks up to the player character because they are carving their own path and making their own choices. Poor Taka. His speech in The Void wasn't very uplifting either. 

Still, I believe we can turn back Taka's death/bring him back. In the Glass Workstation, Anna says something that suggests we can still fix things. 

Edited by Nocturne93

My choose falls either Corey or Eclipse give how they died for the sake for their love ones. They inpacted me as much as Taka's death.

Spoiler

However it's mostly with Corey, since he lost his wife to Sirius and had his life ruined thanks to that. Preventing him from jumping off from the Beryl Bridge and giving him a second chance would fit more, as maybe it could fix his realitionship with Heather (depending on each police route) and maybe find hapiness again, to finally move on. His suicide really impacted me and I'm shedding tears now😢

But here are also two other people, I want to save (even if they aren't on the list) Monty and Caroline, the parents of Charlotte, Laura and Saphira. They didn't deserve to die like that and neither do the sisters with the orphanage. It would spare a lot of drama, but I'm a person, who hates seeing families falling apart- regardless if it's reality or fiction. The Torchic Quest just drove me off my feelings.

Watch out Sirius! Here I come for your sorry butt for the lives you ruined, once E19 is finished and I'll show no mercy on him. He will pay for his crimes along with Lin😡

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see a choice at all actually.
Saving Kiki would only be temporary and I personally dislike Corey to save him.
Also I can't save Ame. With the champion dead the plot is more dramatic, the weight of saving reborn is more and now falls in the main character's hands.
And between Tara and Eclipse, Simon's story of losing both women he loved was moving, but I don't think Tara has anything to offer in the story.
Eclipse on the other hand died standing up to Meteor. She can easily play a role of importance  if  when she comes back to life.

Could you make another poll on who we would kill? And also include Shelly it will be very fun

9 minutes ago, rayquazaplz said:

And between Tara and Eclipse, Simon's story of losing both women he loved was moving, but I don't think Tara has anything to offer in the story.

Eclispe is Aster's Team Meteor partner, not Simon's, though. But I agree that Simon/Tara would be a footnote of the bigger picture (though it would matter to them, of course) and that Eclipse might make an interesting addition to our cast of opponents to Team Meteor. 

11 minutes ago, rayquazaplz said:
Also I can't save Ame. With the champion dead the plot is more dramatic, the weight of saving reborn is more and now falls in the main character's hands.

Actually, I don't think it's mentioned upon which criteria we're supposed to vote (the answer is different for me). Ame's death is certainly a drama-heavy moment, but from the point of view of someone inside the story? She's arguably the most useful to resurrect of all five (Eclipse or Corey could be useful too, but they wouldn't be as cooperative).

I'd rather like to save Tara, because she's the one who has a good chance of surviving the ordeal, since Sirius/Lin would just kill again a resurrected Eclipse/Ame.  

14 minutes ago, rayquazaplz said:
Could you make another poll on who we would kill? And also include Shelly it will be very fun

You... you... meanie! How could you?

16 hours ago, Mindlack said:

I'd rather like to save Tara, because she's the one who has a good chance of surviving the ordeal, since Sirius/Lin would just kill again a resurrected Eclipse/Ame.  

Didn't Tara die on a boat by a random attack of Saphira's Dragonite? If we bring her back she 'll be grateful for the rez, cut ties with Meteor and hide from them for the rest of her life because working for them got her killed. They wouldn't hunt her as she has nothing of value to them nor betrayed them. Also she wouldn't join us because our group killed her. She would be just as good as dead in the plot, what an irony. So I personally don't see a single reason to save her, other than a potential minor romance with Simon.

Poll to kill someone? I trade Shelly for half a Kiki or less

22 hours ago, rayquazaplz said:

She would be just as good as dead in the plot, what an irony. So I personally don't see a single reason to save her, other than a potential minor romance with Simon.

Plot wise (ie from an outside perspective), of course, you’re right. But this way two more people would get a (likely) happier ending. I just can’t see that happening if Ame or Eclipse is resurrected. They’d get killed again (whether by a malevolent storyteller or the internal logic of their exposed, not-plot-armor-protected situation). 

Of course, one might argue that Ame or Eclipse would be better assets (even temporary ones) to help finally take down Team Meteor, or that their survival would make a better story and I fully agree. As I wrote, it all adds up to what criterion you’re using to judge? 

What makes a better plot? Probably Eclipse, for reasons you outlined.

What helps us best to defeat the Meteors? Ame, I think, since I’m uncertain Eclipse can be as helpful as Eve. 

What choice would raise most the “happiness” (for a certain not-all-encompassing definition thereof) levels of characters in-story? It may be Tara. 

42 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

What helps us best to defeat the Meteors? Ame, I think, since I’m uncertain Eclipse can be as helpful as Eve.

I agree with everything except Tara but yk whatever, we can't convince each other. This line of yours however intrigued me.
It never crossed my mind to choose based on who would be the most useful vs Meteor because I believe we don't need any of those.

(Imo Ame had to die, because Lin is technically the champion now and getting that title from an enemy is far more satisfying than getting it from a friend.)

And the reason I say we don't need any of those is because all the stars are aligned for us.

Radomus said "It might be providence" after we came back from the void, Anna has wet dreams with how "glowy" we are, Adrienn asked us to become the champion.

Ofcourse Ame and Eclipse would be the best assets, but some people think that we need Ame and I don't see why.

I'm seriously trying not to write an essay here, we can talk privately if you like and have time

On 4/2/2021 at 4:36 PM, rayquazaplz said:

It never crossed my mind to choose based on who would be the most useful vs Meteor because I believe we don't need any of those.

(Imo Ame had to die, because Lin is technically the champion now and getting that title from an enemy is far more satisfying than getting it from a friend.)

And the reason I say we don't need any of those is because all the stars are aligned for us.

Radomus said "It might be providence" after we came back from the void, Anna has wet dreams with how "glowy" we are, Adrienn asked us to become the champion.

[...]some people think that we need Ame and I don't see why.

That's what I'm saying: you're choosing from an "outside" perspective, based on what makes a better story/player experience (because out-of-story you knows you don't need to resurrect anyone to win, because you know it's going to end well).

But "in-story you" (a real person that would experience all the game's events like the protagonist does) would probably be (an utter shell-shocked nutcase) unconvinced that they're the ultimate savior, that all the stars are aligned for them (would you really believe that you wouldn't want some more help?), and would probably still like some outside aid to cut them some slack. Just like the US and UK might have eventually won against Nazi Germany without the huge counterattack led by the USSR, but it was a huge help and they wouldn't have it otherwise. So "in-story you" would probably appreciate Ame as a backup (or help managing the League or make a videogame to bolster everyone's fighting spirit against Team Meteor or whatever). 

2 hours ago, Mindlack said:

That's what I'm saying: you're choosing from an "outside" perspective, based on what makes a better story/player experience (because out-of-story you knows you don't need to resurrect anyone to win, because you know it's going to end well).

But isn't it kind of hard not to look at this from an "outside" perspective? I mean, we're the player. We are on the outside. And I don't know about you - but I thought over almost every decision I made in this game. Because I wanted to make the best decision. (or at least what I thought was.) So it also makes since to think this over too.

That being said; I don't know if any of these are good choices.

Spoiler

Kiki would have died eventually due to her illness.

Corey jumped off a bridge because he hated life.

Eclipse died because she was a treater.

Ame already died once to Lin's Hydreigon. You really think Lin wouldn't kill her again just because she could?

And Tara, to me, isn't really that important. Sure her and Simon's story is sad. But I don't think I would rather her over one of the other characters be saved.

(I'm sorry if this sounded harsh or cold hearted. I wasn't trying to be - this is just what I think personally.)

If this poll is ever done again, I suggest adding more characters maybe? I mean there's still some in the shadow realm.

14 hours ago, Lexi Starr said:

But isn't it kind of hard not to look at this from an "outside" perspective? I mean, we're the player. We are on the outside. And I don't know about you - but I thought over almost every decision I made in this game. Because I wanted to make the best decision. (or at least what I thought was.) So it also makes since to think this over too.

I don’t know. I find it pretty easy to look at it from an “inside” perspective – but maybe that’s just because I spent maybe hundreds of hours writing that fanfiction in the first person. 

I try to think about my decisions too, usually as the player, but I’m pretty bad at predicting what will give me the eventual outcome I like better. So my first playthrough is mostly as I feel like while the next ones are to get a certain outcome.