Help Center

CryosBlaze

On 2/1/2021 at 7:10 PM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Personally I say Crawli should be re-christened 'the King of Ass Kicking'. 
I have 12 badges and he has remained my hardest gym leader battle thus far. 

Welp, Adam is my next gym battle and now that I know he uses an Inverse Field he might steal the crown from Crawli. Inverse Battles can be very difficult. 

7 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Welp, Adam is my next gym battle and now that I know he uses an Inverse Field he might steal the crown from Crawli. Inverse Battles can be very difficult. 

Just bring a strong normal type,most of his pokemon can't fight back against you since only have one weakness and the weakness becomes a resistance on the inverse field.max def snorlax works great.

Edited by Aariq

20 hours ago, Aariq said:

Just bring a strong normal type,most of his pokemon can't fight back against you since only have one weakness and the weakness becomes a resistance on the inverse field.max def snorlax works great.

I'll work on that. 
How do I get the Snorlax in Honec Woods?

well now I'm laughing, fuckin Texan is weak as hell. I don't know what I expected, but I did not expect to sweep him with just a Houndoom

Aleita does tell you that he's 3rd gym leader level. 
Texan isn't meant to be a real battle but a distraction. 

Welp I beat Adam and he was indeed the nightmare I'd expected. 
I think I'm beginning to despise Inverse battles as much as Friendship evolution. 

First of all, it's BS that Adam is conveniently prepared for the Inverse Field (Magical Seed, Slash and Burn and X-Scissor on basically everything to combat fire and bug types and Shadow Claw Crustle for Normal types) when although it's set, it's still treated as a random selection. If he'd been unprepared, the battle might have been overly easy but still, that's 100% a cheat. 

The guide said that a +2 Normalized Vacuum Wave by Lucario can one-shot Mega Aerodactyle. Therefore I gave my Lucario a Magical Seed, Work Up and Vacuum Wave. 

The setup was a bitch, it took me several goes at it and I ended up needing an X Defend and around 10 Ultra Potions to finally succeed (BTW, Gigalith is the best Pokemon to set up with because it's slow and starts with it's own setup). 
I went to +3 instead of 2 with Work Up but did NOT one-shot Aerodactyle. In retrospect, Normalized +3 Extreme Speed probably would have been better but I was a dumbfuck and swapped it for Vacuum Wave.
I did manage to get it in the yellow and thankfully the universe decided I'd suffered enough. My Infernape landed a critical Mach Punch that finished the damn thing (I realized just a bit ago that I probably should have normalized it as well, oh well). 

None of his other Pokemon were that difficult.
Kangaskhan destroyed what was left after Aerodactyle as well as teamed up with Chandelure to take out Tyranitar with Shadow Claw. My Chandelure has around 250 special attack and a Spooky Plate yet was only able to one shot Tyranitar with a (Shadow Ball) crit which only happened twice.  

9 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Welp I beat Adam and he was indeed the nightmare I'd expected. 
I think I'm beginning to despise Inverse battles as much as Friendship evolution. 

First of all, it's BS that Adam is conveniently prepared for the Inverse Field (Magical Seed, Slash and Burn and X-Scissor on basically everything to combat fire and bug types and Shadow Claw Crustle for Normal types) when although it's set, it's still treated as a random selection. If he'd been unprepared, the battle might have been overly easy but still, that's 100% a cheat. 

The guide said that a +2 Normalized Vacuum Wave by Lucario can one-shot Mega Aerodactyle. Therefore I gave my Lucario a Magical Seed, Work Up and Vacuum Wave. 

The setup was a bitch, it took me several goes at it and I ended up needing an X Defend and around 10 Ultra Potions to finally succeed (BTW, Gigalith is the best Pokemon to set up with because it's slow and starts with it's own setup). 
I went to +3 instead of 2 with Work Up but did NOT one-shot Aerodactyle. In retrospect, Normalized +3 Extreme Speed probably would have been better but I was a dumbfuck and swapped it for Vacuum Wave.
I did manage to get it in the yellow and thankfully the universe decided I'd suffered enough. My Infernape landed a critical Mach Punch that finished the damn thing (I realized just a bit ago that I probably should have normalized it as well, oh well). 

None of his other Pokemon were that difficult.
Kangaskhan destroyed what was left after Aerodactyle as well as teamed up with Chandelure to take out Tyranitar with Shadow Claw. My Chandelure has around 250 special attack and a Spooky Plate yet was only able to one shot Tyranitar with a (Shadow Ball) crit which only happened twice.  

Well that was very intense,I just swept him with Snorlax.Also,if you want less stress next time,get a topsy-turvy Malamar.

hey, ima make this thread a general help thread, on that note I'm kind of stuck on GDC's help board, and with west gearen's too. I'm having issue doing the classified one where they say you gotta talk to zetta in your dreams and I'm stumped with the odd house sub quest? how do I start that? also in general, FUCK THAT PSHCHO BITCH KAREN SHE NEED TO TAKE HER DAMN MEDS! (i love her though she's funny as hell) 

2 hours ago, CryosBlaze said:

hey, ima make this thread a general help thread, on that note I'm kind of stuck on GDC's help board, and with west gearen's too. I'm having issue doing the classified one where they say you gotta talk to zetta in your dreams and I'm stumped with the odd house sub quest? how do I start that? also in general, FUCK THAT PSHCHO BITCH KAREN SHE NEED TO TAKE HER DAMN MEDS! (i love her though she's funny as hell) 

Classified Quest: Give the women agent lady the nightmare medallion. Then go buy another one. Go find her in the nightmare realm. That is it. 

Odd House: Go to the gym in Goldenleaf and talk to the man in the lobby. Go to the end of the gym and use the mirror. Grab the key and follow the Pokemon to the tower. Go in and solve the puzzle, the answers are in the books. After you finish this you can take the power plant quest. 

Hope that helps!

2 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

Classified Quest: Give the women agent lady the nightmare medallion. Then go buy another one. Go find her in the nightmare realm. That is it. 

Odd House: Go to the gym in Goldenleaf and talk to the man in the lobby. Go to the end of the gym and use the mirror. Grab the key and follow the Pokemon to the tower. Go in and solve the puzzle, the answers are in the books. After you finish this you can take the power plant quest. 

Hope that helps!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, now where I find the nightmare pendent? 

1 hour ago, CryosBlaze said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH, now where I find the nightmare pendent? 

If you cant find it then you have not progressed far enough into the story yet. Just keep going, eventually you will be asked to go to the nightmare realm and then a man outside of the penthouse place will tell you where to buy one. You can't buy one until then. Speaking of which, you can just buy two to save time.

2 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

If you cant find it then you have not progressed far enough into the story yet. Just keep going, eventually you will be asked to go to the nightmare realm and then a man outside of the penthouse place will tell you where to buy one. You can't buy one until then. Speaking of which, you can just buy two to save time.

thanks sweet,

First of all, I appreciate this thread. I feel a bit bad when I have to create new ones for all the questions I have even for smaller inquires. 

So I'm at the top of Eclysia Pyramid facing against Aelita and Melia except that I'm getting the sense that it's not them:
1. The battle text tells me "????? and ????? want to battle".
2. Aelita is also my ally.

I've come across some comments about it in this thread:

I just want a bit of clarification. I'm gathering that it's actually better to lose this battle in contrast to the similar concept of the Glass Factory gauntlet in Reborn which is required to be won.

Braixen's thought: "Aelita...[PC name]...you can't win" seems to be a clue to this as I didn't take it as a lack of faith but as a warning that it would be disastrous to win. 

I'm getting that the idea is to recognize that these opponents are not real and not succumb to an illusion. Aelita does mention that the red head had the power to create illusions. 

Am I right here?

3 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

First of all, I appreciate this thread. I feel a bit bad when I have to create new ones for all the questions I have even for smaller inquires. 

So I'm at the top of Eclysia Pyramid facing against Aelita and Melia except that I'm getting the sense that it's not them:
1. The battle text tells me "????? and ????? want to battle".
2. Aelita is also my ally.

I've come across some comments about it in this thread:

I just want a bit of clarification. I'm gathering that it's actually better to lose this battle in contrast to the similar concept of the Glass Factory gauntlet in Reborn which is required to be won.

Braixen's thought: "Aelita...[PC name]...you can't win" seems to be a clue to this as I didn't take it as a lack of faith but as a warning that it would be disastrous to win. 

I'm getting that the idea is to recognize that these opponents are not real and not succumb to an illusion. Aelita does mention that the red head had the power to create illusions. 

Am I right here?

It should be clear from the Pokemon that are used who you are really fighting alongside...

Spoiler

Yes, you are being tricked, your "ally" is the red haired lady and the opponents are your friends, I lost on purpose and the story continued. Winning is not mandatory. 

15 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:
Spoiler

Yes, you are being tricked, your "ally" is the red haired lady and the opponents are your friends, I lost on purpose and the story continued. Winning is not mandatory. 

Spoiler

Of course. I thought it was strange that the ally is referred to as 'Leader Aelita' because she's earned the title but hasn't officially registered yet and that she suddenly had an ultra beast. Honestly I was still a little slow on that part but Braxien's hint was enough for me and it's obvious that something is wrong in that battle. 

Therefore I lost intentionally (though I'll be honest, I reset once, the first time I was trying to win but Hapi was destroying both me and Red Head) and Aelita thanked me for seeing through Red Head's tricks so I knew it was the right choice.

That's what I've decided to call her for now, Red Head, I almost called her just Red but then I realized, yah know.  😅

Spoiler

I quite like that choosing to lose a battle is made to be the better option, that's unique and refreshing. 

Alright, something else has come up. 

I'm now in Lux Apartments in the following adjoining rooms:

Rejuv4.PNG.8c6e3b9c8f17728de8146e52d14b5ae7.PNG

I understand the concept, there was something like this in Snakewood which I played around a few years ago but I have searched every sparkle tile and clicked every tile in the room at least half a dozen times but am not finding the key. 

well my main file is garbage. it wont let me switch to Ren or Aelita to get through the pyramid. i changed the key binding 6 times and it just wont let me switch. it still sorts my bag, but its not giving me the switch menu anymore. ive decided to move to my secondary file and just power through and see if I have any better luck. 

14 minutes ago, CryosBlaze said:

well my main file is garbage. it wont let me switch to Ren or Aelita to get through the pyramid. i changed the key binding 6 times and it just wont let me switch. it still sorts my bag, but its not giving me the switch menu anymore. ive decided to move to my secondary file and just power through and see if I have any better luck. 

More people had an issue with the pyramid section where you need the help of Ren and Aelita. Are you playing the latest version? There's a patch(I think it's patch 2) that fixes this problem.