Jump to content

Story Explainer??


Recommended Posts

Hey guys!

So I've finished (kind of) V12 and like I have a lot of doubts in my mind about the story, some things I think I didn't pay attention to, some things I didn't understand (like the narcissa series) and some things....well. (alien cow sidequest).

So I was wondering....is there any kind of a guide or a video follow up on YouTube or this site where I can understand the story while starting the game from scratch? Or any story-understanding thread will do..

Thanks a lot!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Global Mods

There's an incomplete summary of the game on TV Tropes here (up to chapter 11) along with a bunch of notes on characters here. After v13 we plan to make a complete summary of the story for on the Rejuvenation wiki, but due to that V13 comes along with revisions to quite a handful of story segments, it's redundant to us to have a summary written as of right now as a lot of stuff would have to be rewritten once V13 is out.

 

If you want a complete walkthrough of the game, Nine Icy Tails recently did a 100% playthrough of the game, meaning that you can probably look stuff back up there in video format if you so desire. Narcissa's quest should be included in it.

 

As for the alien cow sidequest.... just don't worry about it. 👀

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Global Mods
6 hours ago, Between Life and Death said:

Isn't there a worry that an official storyline summary might spoil the later parts? Like because of how it describes things, and what it decides to include/exclude.

Well, if the story is told in chronological order as shown in the game as the summary should be, there's no need to worry about spoilers, since you can just read up to where you want. It's your own risk in the end, and not the responsibility of the person writing the summary as long as it's written as intended and doesn't have spoilers strewn through it in places where it's not appropriate.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Zumi said:

Well, if the story is told in chronological order as shown in the game as the summary should be, there's no need to worry about spoilers, since you can just read up to where you want. It's your own risk in the end, and not the responsibility of the person writing the summary as long as it's written as intended and doesn't have spoilers strewn through it in places where it's not appropriate.

Oh no, I didn't mean that. I meant that, for example, the details you choose to include or not might suggest what might be important later in the story. Or what you emphasize when you describe things etc.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Global Mods
7 hours ago, Between Life and Death said:

Oh no, I didn't mean that. I meant that, for example, the details you choose to include or not might suggest what might be important later in the story. Or what you emphasize when you describe things etc.

Again, it's a matter of phrasing, lol. If you don't know the context to the details, they won't be much of a spoiler.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
On 10/8/2020 at 4:51 PM, Zumi said:

There's an incomplete summary of the game on TV Tropes here (up to chapter 11) along with a bunch of notes on characters here. After v13 we plan to make a complete summary of the story for on the Rejuvenation wiki, but due to that V13 comes along with revisions to quite a handful of story segments, it's redundant to us to have a summary written as of right now as a lot of stuff would have to be rewritten once V13 is out.

 

If you want a complete walkthrough of the game, Nine Icy Tails recently did a 100% playthrough of the game, meaning that you can probably look stuff back up there in video format if you so desire. Narcissa's quest should be included in it.

 

As for the alien cow sidequest.... just don't worry about it. 👀

Ohhh okay thank you so much!!

I had another doubt, like I sometimes just don't understand the premise of what's happening...so what should I do in that case??

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

 

How significant are these revisions? Will long time players be able to avoid confusion?

They've made it a point not to effect the story in a way that completely changes decisions or elements of long time players in my experience, and I've been playing since version 9.

You can keep your old play through, but the devs recommend doing another play through each time a new version pops up just so you can see the changes for yourself.

You can find updates and goodies about v13 here:
https://www.rebornevo.com/rejuvdev/

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Calentz said:

They've made it a point not to effect the story in a way that completely changes decisions or elements of long time players in my experience, and I've been playing since version 9.

 

Nice. 

 

2 hours ago, Calentz said:

You can keep your old play through, but the devs recommend doing another play through each time a new version pops up just so you can see the changes for yourself.

 

I'm sure there will be at least some opportunities to watch the changes on Youtube (as I assume there will be new playthroughs uploaded) but I'll consider a second go. In contrast to Reborn I feel I could handle Rejuv again.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...