Ghost Monotype Preparation

Noctrine

1 hour ago, Edo said:

yup, and correct me if im wrong, but i believe they're not max IVs at early game, so it might be possible if they're low enough (max 12)

thing is Multpulse is super effective, gets field-boosted and Lopunny has +1 SpAtt from its Seed, Don't think you can live it except with max EVs in SpDef, and maybe HP. But then you'd be lacking in Att, unless you get the ominous boost as you mentioned.

+2 Lvl 30 45 SpA Choice Specs Lopunny Judgment vs. Lvl 30 0 HP / 252 SpD Decidueye: 78-92 (81.2 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 Lvl 30 45 SpA Lopunny Thunderbolt vs. Lvl 30 0 HP / 252 SpD Decidueye: 9-11 (9.3 - 11.4%) -- possible 9HKO

(+1 is from the seed, second +1 is from the 1.5* special normal boost, choice specs is the Multipulse boost (ish) with the field, I hope my calcs aren't off.) 
Judgement was set to ghost type (as was Lop so we get a STAB bonus) 
So apparently by investing max Spdef like this, you actually LIVE? You'd PROBABLY invest some spdef too, obviously to ensure rolls. Because we live we can use a seed of our own to then use ominous wind then sweep with spirit shackle + possible (other) ominous wind boosts. 

Spirit Shackle OHKO's the bewear at +1 in the field (when you have SOME Atk  investment), which is nuts. Also with the +2, ominous wind in the field kills... everything else. 

+1 Lvl 30 48 Atk Life Orb Decidueye Spirit Shackle vs. Lvl 32 48 HP / 48 Def Bewear: 133-159 (100.7 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Note: Life Orb is to immitate the 1.3* ghost boost in the field. 

This battle has made me lose brain cells and im so glad i found a solution, jesus christ

Now to figure out the Venam battle...

19 minutes ago, Noctrine said:
+2 Lvl 30 45 SpA Choice Specs Lopunny Judgment vs. Lvl 30 0 HP / 252 SpD Decidueye: 78-92 (81.2 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 Lvl 30 45 SpA Lopunny Thunderbolt vs. Lvl 30 0 HP / 252 SpD Decidueye: 9-11 (9.3 - 11.4%) -- possible 9HKO

(+1 is from the seed, second +1 is from the 1.5* special normal boost, choice specs is the Multipulse boost (ish) with the field, I hope my calcs aren't off.) 
Judgement was set to ghost type (as was Lop so we get a STAB bonus) 
So apparently by investing max Spdef like this, you actually LIVE? You'd PROBABLY invest some spdef too, obviously to ensure rolls. Because we live we can use a seed of our own to then use ominous wind then sweep with spirit shackle + possible (other) ominous wind boosts. 

Spirit Shackle OHKO's the bewear at +1 in the field (when you have SOME Atk  investment), which is nuts. Also with the +2, ominous wind in the field kills... everything else. 

+1 Lvl 30 48 Atk Life Orb Decidueye Spirit Shackle vs. Lvl 32 48 HP / 48 Def Bewear: 133-159 (100.7 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Note: Life Orb is to immitate the 1.3* ghost boost in the field. 

This battle has made me lose brain cells and im so glad i found a solution, jesus christ

Now to figure out the Venam battle...

I think the first calc might be a little wrong. +2 means you add the 1.5 boost to normal attacks instead of multiplying it with the seed boost, meaning you're missing around 0.25. But the thing is Multipulse is much weaker than Judgment, 65 power I think, so you're still good.

3 hours ago, Edo said:

I think the first calc might be a little wrong. +2 means you add the 1.5 boost to normal attacks instead of multiplying it with the seed boost, meaning you're missing around 0.25. But the thing is Multipulse is much weaker than Judgment, 65 power I think, so you're still good.

It's why im using Choice Specs on Lop, since the multipulse boost is actually 1.3 not 1.5. It might be a roll, but yeah it works out in my favor nonetheless. 

Well Marianette is not a problem, Now have you though out a galaxy brain strategy to beat Venam?, cuz i believe Venam is one of the hardest gym leader for your current Monotype

2 hours ago, fellowry said:

Well Marianette is not a problem, Now have you though out a galaxy brain strategy to beat Venam?, cuz i believe Venam is one of the hardest gym leader for your current Monotype

Nope