Pemseles

hi. let me tell you, having panic disorder is not a fun time, especially when there are scary things in games that you like. for instance in pokemon reborn, Shade's gym is a scary place, and has made me unable to sleep for 2 weeks straight.

i would like to either request a mod or feature in the game itself (that last one is probably not necessary though) to help with accessibility in this way, because i do enjoy being able to sleep at night without having hour long panic attacks all night. the main issue i have with the game is the background music and the sound effects that play in the gym and during the gym battle. the mod/feature could replace the music and SE or mute them entirely. i think this will help players like me be able to enjoy the game more without shitting our pants in the process. thank you for helping out.

• Hmm 1

• Administrators

if the music is your main issue, that is easy enough to fix yourself. 

game folder/audio/bgm/To Lesser Depths. mp4

just delete that file, or replace it with a different song under the same file name

6 minutes ago, Pemseles said:

hi. let me tell you, having panic disorder is not a fun time, especially when there are scary things in games that you like. for instance in pokemon reborn, Shade's gym is a scary place, and has made me unable to sleep for 2 weeks straight.

i would like to either request a mod or feature in the game itself (that last one is probably not necessary though) to help with accessibility in this way, because i do enjoy being able to sleep at night without having hour long panic attacks all night. the main issue i have with the game is the background music and the sound effects that play in the gym and during the gym battle. the mod/feature could replace the music and SE or mute them entirely. i think this will help players like me be able to enjoy the game more without shitting our pants in the process. thank you for helping out.

You can mute the music
Hit f1 for the music

NInja'd

• 3 weeks later...

If part of what bothers you about shade's gym is the flashing/the inability to see, then this might help:

It will however change other things, too. like earthquake and thunderstorms and flashing streetlights (all in the overworld).

• 1 month later...

As for me, I often think that the game is not scary enough lol, it would've been much scarier if Shade's battle theme was Giygas' battle theme from Earthbound\ Mother 2 or it's remix.
But I do understand that different people have different opinions, so it's okay.
And, after all, Reborn is good as it is.
((but still maybe i'll try changing some soundtrack for myself lol OH GOD it'd be just perfect to change Shade's Gym soundtrack to river twygz bed from super paper mario))

• Like 1