mudkip or froakie

gilam

Honestly, just pick the one you like the most!

I went with Popplio and it's my strongest member of the team (I had some hardships in the game, but it was mainly because I still don't have a full party, and with the level thingy, it really is a game-changing thing).

But if you really want to know which is best for the beggining, then I would say mudkip, because it may be useful for the 1st gym.

About the moves I don't know, but the starters can come with their hidden abbility! So keep an eye on that! (My popplio came with liquid voice, it was a bit sad actually, but it was shiny, so I couldn't say no xD).

• Upvote 1

As already said, any starter is good enough. But, if you plan to stick with your starter throughout the run, the best starter is Speed Boost Torchic, followed by Protean Froakie. Contrary Snivy is good indeed, but Serperior lacks coverage moves if you can't build up with its ability.

If you are not worried about keeping your starter, Mudkip is better in this situation. Another good starter for early game is Charmander, because of Dragon Rage at lvl 16, always hitting 40 against Julia is really helpful.

Regarding Greninja moveset, yeah, it will be limited until midgame, you'll learn Extrasensory at lvl 49, Dark Pulse after beating the eleventh gym leader (won't spoil more than that), Scald after sixteenth leader and Ice Beam aren't available. U-turn, Waterfall and Ice Punch are also late game. The best move you can teach it is Water Pledge, which will be available near fourth/fifth gym I suppose. So you will struggle with it a bit, but Protean + Expert Belt (also late game d:) are a great combination. I use Greninja on my team, and it have never let me down.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about Reborn 😕

have fun!

Every starter is good enough for this game. And, either way, it's not so important which one you choose, since in Rejuvenation you'll need a full and balanced team, you won't be able to rely only on your starter pokemon.

So pick whoever you like.

But you get the Move relearner before the 2nd gym, so you needn't worry much about your moveset.

Edited by Edo

Well I would go with Froakie mostly because there's a way to obtain Mudkip later in the game but Froakie is unavailable, he can only be picked as a starter, not to mention, Protean Greninja is just... Too damn OP.. Also Mat Block is very underated in Double Battles

• Like 1

But Mudkip is very late, and for Mat block you get Throh after beating Maria.

Edit: Apparently Mat block doesn't have priority, so Throh would be useless. I guess then Greninja might be better for you, since this makes it pretty unique. There are other Water/Ground mons similar to Swampert after all.

Edited by Edo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tikkit said:

Shout out to Seismitoad for being Water/Ground mon similar to Swampert, and it has good availability.

Yeah, you basically get him in the same spot as the Mudkip but don't need Rock Climb