New Pokemon Like MMO: Temtem

0ddman

On 1/28/2020 at 9:32 AM, ShogokiX said:

Now one may think that is the double battle system that makes for a slightly higher difficulty, but that's not all. The removal of random factors like critical hits, attacks missing and the min/max rolls on damage multiplier are greatly improving the competetive factor of the game. Damage is calculated only on raw numbers, no rng involved. The same attack from the same Temtem on the same opponent will always do the same amount of damage.

I can certainly see why you think that Pokémon Sword/Shield is better (at least atm), but like i said, Temtem is still in early access, so a lot of things are still not done, but those that are there are looking good right now. Also Temtem is a new IP while Pokémon has been around for over 20 years now and had more time to improve.

The double battles are only part of the reason why the games is more difficult. There are also many other reasons, including:

1). It is way harder to OHKO opposing tems even with super effective moves, so you are bound to tank at least a few hits.
2). There's a billion tamer battles in a row, so in order to make it through you either have to backtrack a lot, or bring a lot of restorative items which REALLY sucks. The temessence vial doesn't help much, because you need to heal after almost every battle.
3). There's no EXP share (except Coward's Cloak, which you can only equip to 1 tem), so it's pretty damn tedious to grind levels, again because it is harder to OHKO opposing tems.
4). Many tems evolve super late, but the ones that don't evolve tend to be weaker or rarer most of the time. So it's a kind of a lose-lose situation.
5). Many tems have either shit move pooles (Looking at you Oceara) or stats (Pigepic for example). Or sometimes you have to breed in order to get the proper moves. This also narrows down which tems are viable, which sucks for diversity purposes. Ganki is so strong on the first island that he essentially becomes a must pick. Houchic is also better than the other starters imo, but unfortunately I can't go back in time to pick him instead of Smazee (which gets outclassed by Skunch pretty soon).

And I can go on and on. It's true that temtem is a lot younger compared to Pokemon, but Pokemon made all the improvements so Temtem didn't have to go through the learning curve. Yet, they still fail a lot of basic things (some of which I described above), and also the story leaves a lot to be desired. Also idk if the dialogue options actually make a difference, cos otherwise it's a waste of time. When it comes to difficulty, I think Reborn and Rejuvenation just do it way better to be honest.

• Upvote 2

I've looked at it a bit. Might get it when the problems have been ironed out. It would be hard to be worse than the last two years of actual Pokemon's content regardless of problems in the games. Might not though since I really am not a fan of the forced multiplayer aspect. I despise multiplayer games, and try to avoid them. If that wasn't a factor it would a definite game for me to at least try out in the future.

Well then...

giphy.gif

I haven't played an actual MMO in ages, so I figured maybe whenever I'd find time I'd check out the hype but judging by this thread it's an absolute dumpster fire. I obviously knew there would be issues with the game since it's relatively new. I also figured since it's a MMO it would find itself a dedicated fan base and those issues would probably end up being worked through, but considering someone posted above that anyone that's not kissing their feet on their forums is getting banned there might not be any hope for that. 

I'm probably going to keep my distance from this for a while. We'll see how things turn out. 

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

but considering someone posted above that anyone that's not kissing their feet on their forums is getting banned there might not be any hope for that.

Weeeeeelllllll......

You shouldn't believe everything that people are saying.....There are only 2 kinds of people who got banned up to now: Those who sabotaged the game by hacking, exploiting, and DDOS attacks, and those who live under the illusion that being an asshole is the right way to communicate with other people on the forums. And i can't blame Crema (the devs) for not wanting those people around. As long as you play by the rules you won't get banned. And no, saying things like "This game and it's devs are a piece of shit because feature X or Y that I WANT is not in the game..." is no critique, that is just rude. And the guys who got banned for that are now claiming they are innocent. Go figure.....

The people who got banned so far all deserved the ban for their actions. And of course they are whining now, claiming to be innocent victims who got ripped off of their money. But let's be honest: They had the option to use their brains and NOT violate the TOS for both the game and the forums.....but they chose to be a pain instead. Instant Karma!

• Upvote 1

That’s what I expect.  Most people we ban here do similar things.

“They banned me for having different Opinions!  And my opinion is that this game IS FUCKING TRASH.”

uh... that ain’t constructive criticism.

18 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

You shouldn't believe everything that people are saying.....There are only 2 kinds of people who got banned up to now: Those who sabotaged the game by hacking, exploiting, and DDOS attacks, and those who live under the illusion that being an asshole is the right way to communicate with other people on the forums.

And you shouldn't blindly listen to assumed authority. There have been cases of wide spread senseless bannings in an attempt to contain negative feedback, even outside of MMOs. I would bring up some examples but I hardly feel like taking this thread more off course.

And i can't blame Crema (the devs) for not wanting those people around. As long as you play by the rules you won't get banned. And no, saying things like "This game and it's devs are a piece of shit because feature X or Y that I WANT is not in the game..." is no critique, that is just rude. And the guys who got banned for that are now claiming they are innocent. Go figure.....

"Asshole" is extremely ill-defined. There are forums where that quote, mild as it is, would get you a ban. Giving moderators a free pass to power trip as long as they say "toxic/salty/asshole/etc." is an extremely poor system.

The people who got banned so far all deserved the ban for their actions. And of course they are whining now, claiming to be innocent victims who got ripped off of their money. But let's be honest: They had the option to use their brains and NOT violate the TOS for both the game and the forums.....but they chose to be a pain instead. Instant Karma!

Give me 40$ and then let me punch you, by your own blind victim blaming mindset you'll deserve it.

41 minutes ago, Godot said:

That’s what I expect.  Most people we ban here do similar things.

“They banned me for having different Opinions!"

Saying that you shitmod doesn't really excuse others shitmodding. There's also the matter of having different standards for something free vs something paid. Hard to keep your MMO active and running if rumors, and screenshots, of nonsensical bans keep potential paying customers away.

In all likelyhood Temtem flubbing it's launch will be forgotten fairly fast, but it won't get enough of a playerbase to keep it going in the long term. It doesn't have much for artists and the like to latch onto, very limited gameplay-related reasons to keep playing and already has quite the negative reputation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/12/2020 at 4:34 PM, ShogokiX said:

Weeeeeelllllll......

You shouldn't believe everything that people are saying.....There are only 2 kinds of people who got banned up to now: Those who sabotaged the game by hacking, exploiting, and DDOS attacks, and those who live under the illusion that being an asshole is the right way to communicate with other people on the forums. And i can't blame Crema (the devs) for not wanting those people around. As long as you play by the rules you won't get banned. And no, saying things like "This game and it's devs are a piece of shit because feature X or Y that I WANT is not in the game..." is no critique, that is just rude. And the guys who got banned for that are now claiming they are innocent. Go figure.....

I see, I wasn't aware of that really. It's kind of hard to deal with the amount of misinformation that covers these situations these days :c

20 hours ago, xX_Rock_Wrecker_Xx said:

snip

Meanwhile doing a quick google search for TemTem bans shows they banned a bunch of people for cheating, and nothing about overly draconian TOS or banning people for criticizing the game. So far I’m leaning more toward the counter argument rather than your claims, which seems to amount to “people should be able to say anything they want and never suffer consequences”. Which frankly is a terrible policy for any community, let alone a game trying to build a sustainable one.

Meanwhile everything else I’ve read shows a promising and solid game that is fun to play.

5 hours ago, wcv said:

Meanwhile doing a quick google search for TemTem bans shows they banned a bunch of people for cheating, and nothing about overly draconian TOS or banning people for criticizing the game. So far I’m leaning more toward the counter argument rather than your claims, which seems to amount to “people should be able to say anything they want and never suffer consequences”. Which frankly is a terrible policy for any community, let alone a game trying to build a sustainable one.

Meanwhile everything else I’ve read shows a promising and solid game that is fun to play.

Yes, Temtem is fun, although it really DOES feel a little weird in the beginning, as it somehow feels like Pokémon, yet it doesn't. The double battle system is something you may have to get used to, but the fact that the game is designed so that you can't one shot an opponent that easy (and with that i mean take out BOTH of their Temtem in one turn) makes it really interesting. You can't fight the same way as you do in Pokémon, as the game uses a stamina based system instead of the PP system Pokémon uses. This basicly means you have to keep an eye on how much stamina your moves require, or your Temtem hurts itself. With the removal of RNG based elements like evasion, critical hits, or min/max rolls, the fight become more skill based than in Pokémon as well.

And as i said, as long as you play by the rules you can enjoy the game without any worries about getting banned for no reason. I mean, come on....isn't it obvious that those who got rightfully banned for their actions are trying to spread bad rumors? If THEY can't have fun with the game, NOBODY deserves to have fun with it. Those people are easier to read than a book.

• 2 weeks later...

The Pokemon Company and All Associated Companies That work on the Pokemon Games are a multi-billion dollar Industry with hundreds of thousands if not millions of workers all over the world.

Stop comparing these Microscopic 10 man startup companies and all there similar style games to the Pokemon games.

Its been over 20 years and The Pokemon company still haven't fixed all problems, Haven't added all typing combos, and is still extremely limited, among thousands of other complaints.

The Pokemon company has stated that even with all the money they have and get every year and all the new technology, that they simply could not do certain things, which have been done in other games and mods/hacks proving that The Pokemon Company doesn't care and is lazy and just don't want to do what hardcore fans ask.

Yes the new Sword/Shield game does have some new features which are cool but a lot of it is the same concepts just changed around a little, like Maxing, its Mega with Totem mixed together, and a bunch of tiny "new" features that are placed are only for distractions. There are thousands of things against The Pokemon Company. But because the masses of blind/uninformed and average players outweigh the number of true Pokemon fans, nothing ever gets done.

Yet everyone would rather stick up for The Pokemon Company intentionally or inadvertently by comparing and then trash all the little startup companies because they are not perfect yet or on par with mega billion dollar Pokemon games and argue with each other about the startup companies instead of trying to find a solution and a alternative to Pokemon and try to actually help smaller companies get better so we aren't subjected to The Pokemon Company's antics.

Good Luck with that.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:16 PM, wcv said:

Meanwhile doing a quick google search for TemTem bans shows they banned a bunch of people for cheating, and nothing about overly draconian TOS or banning people for criticizing the game. So far I’m leaning more toward the counter argument rather than your claims, which seems to amount to “people should be able to say anything they want and never suffer consequences”. Which frankly is a terrible policy for any community, let alone a game trying to build a sustainable one.

I've seen a ban for a tame "attack helicopter" joke, though I misplaced the screenshot. My point was that "Community Managers" have every reason to lie about the state of the community, mainly to keep being employed or to save face. If you want examples I'm sure Blizzard has made headlines enough recently that looking shouldn't be too taxing.

Temtem doesn't have a sustainable community. Even large series with decades of good will and steady sales have issues maintaining MMOs, and launching one focusing an already ingrained fanbase goes beyond shooting yourself in the foot.

Temtem has no media presence, no merchandising, nothing aside game that is on a hard timer.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:08 AM, ShogokiX said:

With the removal of RNG based elements like evasion, critical hits, or min/max rolls, the fight become more skill based than in Pokémon as well.

I really love how the first time I heard "it's more skill based because no RNG" was accompanied by a clip of a Temtem freezing both enemies. That's so much better than having to weigh the risk of a powerful but inaccurate move.

The other thing is that less variance there's much less actual on the fly skill and it becomes more mindless flowcharting. It devolves into pure Rock-Paper-Scissors, and becomes decided by whoever has a team that happens to have an advantage over the other.

Pokémon itself suffers from that a fair bit, but Temtem's battle system looks like a lot of fights will boil down to "Did my opponent do the correct thing, or did they muck up and hand me a win." or "I won due to having more consistent type advantages."

13 hours ago, Johnny_Nevori said:

Good Luck with that.

Going to snip this a bit, and clear up a common misconception. TPCI has next-to-no hand in the development of the games, despite how secretive the behind the scenes is. TPCI basically works as a manager, making sure everything is on schedule and leaving the details to their respective heads. Aside from some mandates (every gen needs __ archtype for the marketing departments, __ number of mythicals for movies/staggered releases, etc.) they would likely leave the games up to Gamefreak so long as they hit deadlines. Sword & Shields negative reception is likely making them rethink those policies now.

Now for some of the choicer quotes.

"Haven't added all typing combos"

Trying to force typings ends up with a lot of bad fakemon that you can see on Deviantart and Twitter and the like. Even with Gen 8 suffered under Turner being unfit for art director, it still had more good designs than most Fakemon projects.

"even with all the money they have and get every year and all the new technology, that they simply could not do certain things, which have been done in other games and mods/hacks"

Gamefreak's active dev staff is fairly small, and it's likely they aren't getting the lion's share of profits either. Marketing is often a gigantic money sink for these sorts of things, and investing in things like the anime, movies, various other promotional materials to keep cultural significance also isn't cheap.

"Yet everyone would rather stick up for The Pokemon Company intentionally"
Nobody here is defending Sword & Shield, I personally am just exasperated by watching Temtem commit a lot of obvious, amateur mistakes that they should know better.

It's seeing someone burn his hand on some fire and walk away, then another guy decides to backflip into the flames a few years later in an attempt to get attention. I would work on that metaphor more, but this post is already getting too long.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

several things here

1. they can make all typing work on a new creature, it's called creativity and imagination.

So by saying they can't because it wouldn't fit or be realistic or make for bad fakemon is a bogus excuse because the pokemon world is not real meaning they could literally make anything work (rotom) especially with the money they bring in. All they have to do is try harder, and maybe hire some top artists or something if they don't have it.

2. The Pokemon Company is made up of several rich companies including Nintendo, Creature, Gamefreak, and a few others plus they work with a lot of companies and they also use temps and contracts to get stuff done and by doing that they don't have to put everyone's name down for credits also why you only see so few employees listed and besides that Pokemon is the highest-grossing entertainment media franchise of all time, having grossed $90 billion in lifetime revenue. Yeah if the largest grossing franchise can't afford to fix their stuff and have a little more creativity and imagination and hire better people then there is a serious problem.

3. The highest budget studio is Rockstar with GTA at over 100 million dollars to make and they aren't the top selling franchise, Pokemon is, which means Rockstar has less each year going forward yet they listen to fans and improve every time. Yet Pokemon game are barely a fraction of that to make it, even if its 10 mil which they wont tell the public (hmm wonder why 🤔).

Pokemon still sells well over 500% of what it cost to make in less than a year, But they cant fix the problems that have been there since the first game? you cant use that excuse they dont have enough shares of money cause every name you can find on a pokemon game is rich and or extremely well off so that's bogus, real bogus especially when 90% of the games they make are just rehashes and sequals and reused material (no not just the mons themselves, almost everything).

Either way no matter how you put it whether its what you said or just googling it, it only proves that they are Lazy and don't care if they are unwilling to do anything to make the games better by either hiring or just trying harder or listen to fans.

I personally am just exasperated by watching Temtem commit a lot of obvious, amateur mistakes that they should know better.

You just did what I said you guys was doing, complaining about other companies and their games not being perfect or good enough, the key word is "Amateur" that's what that company is still, so they are going to have those kinds of mistakes (can't get mad at a new born baby cause it can't run yet).

If people got this "exasperated" by all pokemon problems back when Pokemon  red was new, they wouldn't be where they are today and back then pokemon didn't have a comparison so people just had to deal with the problems and people did.

So instead of killing off upcoming games immediately you should give it time like Pokemon had

Edited by Johnny_Nevori

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 7:36 PM, Kyubeytor said:

This.. doesn't really mean anything. The game is not yet complete, of course the numbers are going to go down. An average of 2k players a day is still a lot especially for an early access game.

There are SO many ongoing hate towards this game and most of them are from people who didn't even play it. It's unavoidable since they branded themselves as a "Pokemon-like MMO", but people judge the game too soon.

If you could set aside any doubt or prejudice you have on this title, you'll absolutely enjoy it. The game is spectacular on its own. The fact that it's still not finished and has the potential to grow even more? A wild concept.

• Upvote 1

Its a cash grab riding the pokemon hate train. People only bought it out of hatred towards gamefreak + its MMO, people wants to be first in any MMO, there's a good reason why most "kickstarters" are MMOs. Call it "early access" to excuse all kinds of bugs and voila you got your perfect recipe for easy cash grab where your victims will willingly defend your scam despite the obvious signs.

In just 2 months it lose more than 90% of its player base, a good portion of the remaining are bots so don't be surprise if this game becomes a pay 2 win mess before 2021.

• Like 1

“If you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all.”

try to avoid making posts if it is going to be nothing but unwarranted negativity or baseless conjecture.

Topics like these aren’t for people to come whine and complain.  They are for civil discussions.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I want to say that TemTem is one of a kind, but it's not. It's a Pokemon copycat, but that doesn't change the fact that there's no Pokemon MMO like TemTem. So in a sense it is one of kind really :D 

I can't stop playing it, my mum already shouted at me 3 times to close the game already... LOL Anyway, does anyone know here how to get more Pansuns? I NEED MORE PANSUNS :D 

9cvkg8u.jpg

&psig=AOvVaw0e7-7Umj2xgstfrqWJU-2E&ust=1

jaEENi3.jpg

NEED MORE PANSUNS!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At long last! Temtem will finally be updated tomorrow! Kisiwa will open it's doors and the hype is real!

Full information of new features and what's to come: https://crema.gg/temtem/kisiwa-is-releasing-tomorrow-along-with-the-chat-club-management-and-more/

New trailer: 

Spoiler

I'm honestly so excited. Never stopped playing since release and I feel a lot of potential on this game. Other than that, it's just generally so much fun to play. Did ya'll see that climbing gear? They aren't fooling around here 👀

21 hours ago, Maqqy said:

At long last! Temtem will finally be updated tomorrow! Kisiwa will open it's doors and the hype is real!

Full information of new features and what's to come: https://crema.gg/temtem/kisiwa-is-releasing-tomorrow-along-with-the-chat-club-management-and-more/

New trailer: 

Hide contents

I'm honestly so excited. Never stopped playing since release and I feel a lot of potential on this game. Other than that, it's just generally so much fun to play. Did ya'll see that climbing gear? They aren't fooling around here 👀

That climbing gear and (no idea what to call it, it was some sort of psyfi grapple) looked sick! 

Not just from an aesthetics either. I mean Pokemon themselves were going down this route with how the bike acted in Gen 8, but this builds waaaay more onto the concept of still having unique means of movement and progression that aren't necessarily limited to the creatures in the game.

13 hours ago, Vinnie said:

That climbing gear and (no idea what to call it, it was some sort of psyfi grapple) looked sick! 

Not just from an aesthetics either. I mean Pokemon themselves were going down this route with how the bike acted in Gen 8, but this builds waaaay more onto the concept of still having unique means of movement and progression that aren't necessarily limited to the creatures in the game.

That's the grappling hook! It was the last available item in the last version. Honestly by far my favorite mechanic in the game.

No tea, no shade and no pink lemonade, but Pokemon could've done this years ago yet they choose not to. I'm just happy that Temtem is actually implementing these great ideas instead of always storing it in the basement. Yes GF, I'm talking to you honey.

• Like 1