Legends of Derry [Game over - Town & Tailor WIN]

NickCrash

DAY THREE - OVER

The legend says wizards are never late, nor are they early; they arrive precisely when they mean to. Well... obviously not this one.

This one was delayed. The heat of the balrog held him behind. The threat to the Fellowship forced him to take initiative, stay calm, calculate, make the right decision when it matters. Like the wizard, fighting monsters, you have been in his situation over and over these past few days. And just like the wizard, you fought the human monsters among you.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

The day was nearing it's end. The people were pointing fingers. They were angry, because their plans had been foiled. They were desperate, because they didn't know whom to trust. They were receiving lessons, how to react in difficult situations, yet they were being constantly rewarded, because no decision was either final or detrimental. To reign supreme in such a throne resting on a paper tower is a meaningless goal. To earn others' trust is the ultimate goal. My days in the office have tought me a few things, this one included: You can't win them all. Sometimes you have to lose before you ultimately win bigger. 

The townsfolk dragged two people to the podium, after a long day, and an even longer list of suspects.

Anti and Sopheria were handcuffed, forced to kneel before the city council, begging for their lives. 

Anti was desperate, trying to come up with plans to fool the coyote, but he was outright denied by Aldo. He then tried to force Amber to roleclaim.

Needless to say, he gathered a lot of attention. His final plea was what kept him in check, almost at the same fate as Sophie.

She, on the other hand, kept her cool. She asked we got rid of Anti quickly, because she had an appointment and didn't want to be late.

Lia chuckled: "I bet your going to the laser practice to remove all that gross body hair".

Sophie didn't respond to the taunt. She kept looking at the others with her big eyes, seemingly begging, like a puppy.

Anti, however, was not going to die today.

"I demand a trial by combat", he said, with confidence one could only envy.

With a swift movement, he jumped up straight. Sophie followed, slowly, but surely.

Anti's eyes glowed and his left hand reached for something in his pocket. It was only then we had realized, he had already broken the chains.

He took something that once belonged to me. Something that cannot be counterfeited. 

A Mayor's Badge.

"He is the Messiah!", shouts Seal, only for Aldo to respond "He is not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy! Now go away."

The decision was now obvious.

Alistair dragged Sopheria up. Unmade her hoodie and revealed her face. She was not ugly, but you could discern some canine traits mostly on her nose.

Drago suggested we burnt her. Anti said he wishes this honour to be kept only for the witch. As per werewolf fashion, Sopheria will be put down.

The rest gathered around her, forming a circle. Sopheria's attitude didn't seem to change one bit. 

Anti would do the honours.

Before executing her, he asked: "You have already killed 2 men. They were scum, but we cannot let you escape. You are still a threat. Any last words?"

Sopheria looked at him, smiled a bit, shut an eye, leaned in and whispered "Rawr, nuzzles you XP"

Anti just shot her in the head. He asked we didn't move the body, certain there will be more after tonight. 

PLAYER LIST

01. Anti - Mayor

02. Alistair

03. Jelly - Transporter [Killed N1]

04. Lykos - Serial Killer [Killed N2]

05. Drago

06. Aldo

07. Astra - Investigator [Killed N1]

08. Nicki

09. Nano - Sabbat [Killed N1]

10. Arch - Jester [Killed D3]

11. Bean - Jailor [Killed N2]

12. Newt - Sheriff (Naive) [Lynched D2]

13. Falirion - Vigilante [Killed N2]

14. Bok - Clown [Killed D2]
15. Kiet - Bulletproof [Killed N2]

16. Candy

17. Lia

18. Amber

19. Sopheria - Coyote [Lynched D3]

20. Seal

21. Nightwolf [NPC] - Shaman [Story Kill]

It is as of now, NIGHT 3. You have 24 hours to send in any Night Actions. With 3 evil roles remaining, I think we're approaching the endgame.

• Like 1

DAY FOUR -- Early Farewell

Welcome back to a beautiful day! There have been some unforeseen circumstances forbidding my immediate attention to the happenings around here, but I have returned, and thus the show must go on. You were eager to play with each other, and a lot of you succeeded. Some, however, became impatient, and others, trying to battle with their inner demons, were not exactly focused on the "game".

I shall not take too long. I'm certain you are all dying to know of the great fire.

It started around 4am. It was coming from Alistair's house. The poor fellow had been trapped. He had been working on a very important project.

However, the fumes had already filled the room. CO is a silent killer. You can't see it. You can't taste it. You can't smell it.

You can only feel dizzy, but even then, even if you have an idea what's going on, it might be too late. Alistair couldn't make it.

When we got there, the whole house was on fire. Alistair's body had been burnt to a crisp

Even if we could see inside, we could not understand what he was doing, what his profession was, what were his motives, or even his favorite colour.

All was red and black. All was ash.

On the other side of the city, the same phenomenon occured.

Seal was not exactly the most outgoing fellow, and nobody would dare club him.

However, we saw the exact same smoke coming out of his house. We ran, and as before, we couldn't do a thing.

The water doggo had made his last trip to the vet.

The feeling of uselessness is not pleasant. It's foreign, it's personal, and it fucking stinks.

You can't do anything, but people you cherish vanish.

Alistair and Seal were dear to all townsfolk, and some might be planning a good revenge. Maybe some others won't. Maybe in hindsight they didn't deserve it.

We might as well quit, because we'll never know.

Going to the city centre, passing by the main square, I noticed a notebook falling down from the sky. 
Before dropping in front of me, at around the height of my shoulders, the wind ripped it open, and the pages flew in the wind, an eary weary dance of paper and shadow.

Among them, 1 yellow page was shining. It only had 1 word on it: WITCH

PLAYER LIST

01. Anti - Mayor

02. Alistair - ??? [Killed N3]

03. Jelly - Transporter [Killed N1]

04. Lykos - Serial Killer [Killed N2]

05. Drago

06. Aldo

07. Astra - Investigator [Killed N1]

08. Nicki

09. Nano - Sabbat [Killed N1]

10. Arch - Jester [Killed D3]

11. Bean - Jailor [Killed N2]

12. Newt - Sheriff (Naive) [Lynched D2]

13. Falirion - Vigilante [Killed N2]

14. Bok - Clown [Killed D2]
15. Kiet - Bulletproof [Killed N2]

16. Candy

17. Lia

18. Amber

19. Sopheria - Coyote [Lynched D3]

20. Seal - ??? [Killed N3]

21. Nightwolf [NPC] - Shaman [Story Kill]

It's now Day4. You have 48 hours to discuss and lynch someone. Remember: You won't live forever.

okay well Idk but y'all are doing me level over 9000 plays and it's cray. like Sopheria actually being coyote and killing the one person who was going to kill 'em. that was unexpected but I guess logical in a sense. and AL fake role claiming and then making us believe they'd screwed up. Michael Jackson rolled in his grave, fren.

[Eliminate] Anti-Loser

• Global Mods

My only logical conclusion from this is that Drago is the Arsonist. Why? Because he probably didn't think he'd be getting healed by the Doctor. It'd make sense that he'd choose to ignite if he was dying.

This also means the Doctor is someone who is active for Drago to survive. I believe it's time for everyone to roleclaim.

Here's a pressure vote to get him to talk.

[eliminate] Drago.

M A S S  R O L E C L A I M 

Your mayor is here

Your psychiatrist is Amber 

Drago survived... perhaps the doctor healed him.

There’s no description that says this however.

Hmm for now 

AIdo, Nicki, Drago, Lia, 

If you’re amongst my town, prove it 

Especially you

Eliminate Candy 

Edited 

Oh.. you two above my post went straight ahead for the lynch. With only the 7 peepos remaining, I figured none of you be afraid of revealing your role about now.

@cicada Oh..

06. Tailor
Creates suits for people. Each night, they give away a different suit. They can only give each suit once. They can, however, pick which suit to give.
What kind of suits? Only the Tailor knows, and the Tailor doesn't say.
Wins if they survive to give away all the suits.

One last thing Nicki before I can fully confirm your character 

Which suit? Be specific 

Thank you Nicki

I understand

Feel free to expose your activity if you wish. Though keep your suits hidden if necessary. 
I believe you’ve chosen which alignment you wish to survive with. 

Actually have anybody communicated with the yellow press?

Cause I haven’t and wondering if anybody can confirm their player’s identity.

• Global Mods

I'll be honest and say I started off the game with 2 "harmful" suits. (Bomber suit and the Thorny suit)

I kinda gave the Bomber suit to Bean on a whim just to get rid of it since that was the most harmful suit I had. I didn't know he'd flip Jailor and bring his jailed person down with him. Then I decided to use the Thorny suit on Drago. It wasn't a definite kill but it could've been. He was someone I suspected a little bit, so I figured it wouldn't hurt (especially if the doc was able to save him in the event he was actually town) to give him the Thorny suit.

I decided to get rid of the harmful suits first, but keep the ones that would also help town. I asked Nick if I was still able to protect the Mayor if he revealed, since the other roles apparently can't do that, way before AL revealed himself. I kept a suit just for the Mayor's reveal if it ever got that far -- I'd have probably used it on another townie if the Mayor died at any point. I won't reveal any other suits I may have, but I can assure you that they're beneficial to town.

If you all want to lynch me now that I've revealed, that is fine. Just know that I was planning on siding with Town from the start.

Yes. This is a good time for a roleclaim, because I just happen to have discovered Seal's role thanks to himself.

I'm the Medium. Besides speculation, the only confirmed information that me and the dead have is as follows:

Astra, the Investigator: On the same night he died, he says he visited Drago. The results he received were Doctor, Witch and Stalker. That is why I was adamant on Drago not being the Tailor nor the Coyote. Astra backed me up.

In this scenario, I'm leaning on @Dragoknight being the Doctor who healed himself. We should hear from him.

This one's more important. Seal is the Yellow Press. He made a chat with me last night. We didn't talk much other than suspicions and me claiming my role, telling him about what was discussed in the medium chat. He told me that he had a chat with Lia the night before this, who claimed to be the Stalker. And, coincidentally, he got doused on the same night. He suspected Lia of being the Arsonist, so I was to tell everyone that in case it happened to go off. But it went off, but it says "Witch" instead. I have no reason not to believe Lia is not the Witch here.

On to speculating, mostly everyone suspected Alistair of being the Arsonist as well. But you know how I trusted Alistair.

Falirion, Astra and Nano think Nicki is an evil role. Most were townreading Lia as well.

[Eliminate] Lia

• Global Mods

My vote remains on Drago for now, simply because I'd like to pressure him. This does not mean it will stay on him, however.

The dead are kind of right, since the Tailor is listed as an "Evil" role... however, I am able to win with all alignments, and it's obvious from my actions which I have chosen.

I'd like to prioritise a lynch on the Arsonist for now, even if Lía is the Witch. It seems that we know someone out of Lía and Drago is the Witch thanks to Seal. This does, of course, depend on how truthful you are. I have no reason to suspect you yet. Also I feel kinda bad for you since Medium is a pretty crappy role. 😛

Arsonist is more dangerous to town than the Witch is, but I will follow town with whatever decision they make.

Lynching me is pretty pointless considering I legit have no more suits that could kill anyone.

So.. Lia (Witch) and Candy (Arsonist)? 

We got them?

Everything feels genuinely honest between both Nicki and Aldo. 

That’s if Drago actually the doctor himself and that Alistair would’ve been the stalker all along... anything we’re missing. 

Also the arsonist shouldn’t be a problem until the next next next next night. Preparing to douse the rest of us so we’re pretty much in a good spot. Watch as Aldo played us all as he walks upon our burning corpse. 

Honestly believe Alistair were amongst the evil role but obviously not the arsonist (hehe). He had set of inactive targets in mind throughout the earlier phases and god damm felt way too planned for a towny. And then the rest of my examples beforehand.

• Global Mods

If we vote for the Witch and lynch them, potentially Lía, then we won't have to worry about the Arsonist dousing anyone tonight. 😉 I just felt that voting for the Arsonist could be a better move.

With how quickly we've all claimed, unless Drago was the Witch all along, then it's likely I won't reach my win condition. This is fine, since I was hoping to help town anyway, but I'm a little bit bummed by this.

Looks like it's finally time now the coyote is gone. I am the Stalker.

Although the only thing I have to report from that is from last night where I saw Nicki visit AL.

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

This one's more important. Seal is the Yellow Press. He made a chat with me last night. We didn't talk much other than suspicions and me claiming my role, telling him about what was discussed in the medium chat. He told me that he had a chat with Lia the night before this, who claimed to be the Stalker. And, coincidentally, he got doused on the same night. He suspected Lia of being the Arsonist, so I was to tell everyone that in case it happened to go off. But it went off, but it says "Witch" instead. I have no reason not to believe Lia is not the Witch here.

Yeah, Lia is the witch then. The yellow pages Seal drops are everyone he made a chat with, so you and Lia.

smh Lia trying to steal my role from me

Town wins when all evil roles are eliminated, correct? We should work on eliminating the Arsonist first, then Lia and Nicki can follow.

21 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

Looks like it's finally time now the coyote is gone. I am the Stalker.

Although the only thing I have to report from that is from last night where I saw Nicki visit AL.

Had you’d posted this way earlier before Nicki’s nod on tailor, you’d make this game so much easier.