Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

That's all for now. The next announcement in a couple of days will be about our Dark-Type poll winner.

YAS! Mega Mightyena!n I'm really excited for that if you can't tell.

Also with the whole "nickname a pokemon after the player thing" most of the time, the pokemon that is nicknamed has some sort of reason for that name. Like I think Shelly had a scoliopeed or something named after Cain, because Cain liked poison types. So what would bug me is that it's impossible to get a pokemon that would match the name if the you don't actually know anything about the player's team or something.

Edited by Atlas105

What's the "Blackview Gym gamebreaking bug"? Sounds scary, but I don't want to update the game before I fight Tristan's not-nerfed team and see what's the fuss all about.

From what I understand, it happens if you talk to the woman in front of the gym, then decide to do something else (and save & quit) before going to her house. The woman disappears from her previous spot near the gym- she has gone to her house. However, the bug causes the house to remain locked. For the story to progress you need to talk to her in her house. If you immediately visit her, the bug won't occur.

Edited by Zargerth

YAS! Mega Mightyena!n I'm really excited for that if you can't tell.

Also with the whole "nickname a pokemon after the player thing" most of the time, the pokemon that is nicknamed has some sort of reason for that name. Like I think Shelly had a scoliopeed or something named after Cain, because Cain liked poison types. So what would bug me is that it's impossible to get a pokemon that would match the name if the you don't actually know anything about the player's team or something.

I thought she named them after people she liked/are friends with.

But hey, Mightyena won the poll! :D (I voted for it but I'm probably not going to use megas anyways unless I really have to)

• Global Mods

I was dying of laughter when I saw Emily named the galvantula connor I immediately got the reference. I didn't get y the eelectross was named Ava tho

When I saw she was about to send in Ava, I assumed it would be Mow Rotom since Ava's a Grass trainer.

• Developers

The Blackview bug occurred if you talked to the lady outside the Gym before you were instructed to do so by Ava.

me too but in my first fight against her I ran into the wash rotom which destroyed me. And I realized then that every electric gym leader in these games has a rotom wash cuz y have an attack that reduces sp att. Now whenever I c an electric gym I have a grass type just in case lol

Finished the current build. Story has sunk its hooks into me.

All I can really say is to improve your sprite work. Such as the electric gym leader's. Connor's portrait.

The game can be tedious at times but very rewarding which I torn about lol. Rewards are worth it, I just disliked getting them sometimes.

I LOVE your map design despite that. So much good ideas. Lots of exploration

Looking forward to episode 4

Finished the current build. Story has sunk its hooks into me.

All I can really say is to improve your sprite work. Such as the electric gym leader's. Connor's portrait.

The game can be tedious at times but very rewarding which I torn about lol. Rewards are worth it, I just disliked getting them sometimes.

I LOVE your map design despite that. So much good ideas. Lots of exploration

Looking forward to episode 4

really I actually like Emily's sprite but to each his own I guess

• Global Mods

In the beta he had a Life Orb Heliolisk, which is now Bugs the Wigglytuff. I guess it was replaced either because it was considered too much with the rest of his team or Wigglytuff was easier to think of a nickname for (the Heliolisk in the beta was the only one of his Pokemon without a nickname).

Wow, I can see why people wanted Tristan nerfed now. His team is brutal.

Strange I have most of the time no problem with him. In both my runs I could always find a pkmn I can setup against that pkmn and at least kill his (mega-)Lopuny with.

hey

if you gave the stone to nova in the game now in episode 3

what would be different from when you give shiv the stone?

Nova will talk to you instead of Shiv, some dialgue and saving Scarlett is a bit easier. I think that's it.

Hello. I'm currently experiencing a game freeze every time I'm meant to fight this grunt in the volcano , as such:

fa66c7a3dd.jpg

Is this a known bug, am I doing something wrong? Atm the only thing I can do is quicksave

Edited by Masquerain

Hello. I'm currently experiencing a game freeze every time I'm meant to fight this grunt in the volcano , as such:

fa66c7a3dd.jpg

Is this a known bug, am I doing something wrong? Atm the only thing I can do is quicksave

its a bug

the same thing happend to me

i went back to episode 2 and battle him then and saved

after that it has gone just fine

• Developers

fa66c7a3dd.jpg

Firstly, report bugs via PM to avoid thread clutter. Secondly, the issue probably lies in the fact that you're two versions behind, kudos.

Edited by Caz

• Global Mods

hey can anyone tell me where i can find croagunk ?

i have looked underneath the waterfall in keneph jungle, but i can't find it

You need to keep interacting with the tablet on the far right of the room in that cave until it moves aside, revealing a passage. In the room after is Croagunk along with one of the pieces.