Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

I'm stuck has any one done the ranger quest regarding the flower building before the plot because I'm stuck

What do you mean you're stuck? As in you don't know what to do?

The quest is just that you have to...

Go to the Fight Club, meet with that guy, then fight that Battlus person that you had to fight for entrance again, recruit him, go to the guy in the Fight Club again, visit the dock where the guy and a few other people are, and enter the building and fight the man.

sorry I was vague the recruiter says I have to go to the ranger building but only the people from the ranger quest are there I do not know how to continue the main story

sorry I was vague the recruiter says I have to go to the ranger building but only the people from the ranger quest are there I do not know how to continue the main story

The Ranger building as in the abandoned one.

​are you referring to here? I'm so confused

edit i finally found it! :3 :3

edit: welp I went crazy finding it and progressed story I regret that decision know

Edited by nepeta100

Oh, something just occurred to me that I'm wondering about.

It was said that the person who was supposed to pick us up from the clouds and take us to Cellia is someone who we haven't met yet. But when we fall from the clouds and black out, some of the dialogue when we're out cold is something like "You must be one of Aderyn's? So I guess I didn't end up picking you up in time." So did the person who was originally going to pick us up just see us knocked out on the mountain and be like "Oh well, I guess I didn't make it in time" and leave? XD

The game seems to be all about dreams right? So maybe instead of Tristan being a ghost, perhaps he was simply a dream that the player character invented. This would explain why Tristan seems to know what he physically shouldn't. Perhaps he was initially a hallucination after the fall and the player characters mind was looking for support? Which would explain how Tristan, the hallucination, somehow 'knew' you needed to be picked up? Either way, it seems like Caz is taking a psychological approach to the stories future, so these theories could be plausible.

Edited by Eternal Shading
  • Upvote 2

• Developers

So I have the old doll and beat the 2nd gym leader. I am aware of the red piece just need a gentle push in the right direction

What are you after? Where you're meant to go or the Red Piece location? I'll assume it's the Red Piece location.

Hidden inside the Weeping Depths, inside a mound to be specific. You must have the Old Doll in your inventory and round around this mound, hugging the mounds wall. Make sure you being to run around it from its right hand side.

What are you after? Where you're meant to go or the Red Piece location? I'll assume it's the Red Piece location.

Hidden inside the Weeping Depths, inside a mound to be specific. You must have the Old Doll in your inventory and round around this mound, hugging the mounds wall. Make sure you being to run around it from its right hand side.

what classifies as a mound

but alright back to weeping depths for the 4th time lmao!

• Developers

what classifies as a mound

but alright back to weeping depths for the 4th time lmao!

You should know judging by the large indent with a riddle written inside.

• Developers

Caz, is Desolation inspired by the movie 'Inception', to any degree?

Inception was one of my many inspirations, yes.

So I'm reaching ep 2 territory at last (I'm slow) I seem to have forgotten where to find bidoofs? And whether you could catch any of them bidoof in the cave?

edit: nevermind, found a bidoof, but still curious if you can catch any of the ones in the helix cave

Edited by Masquerain

So I'm reaching ep 2 territory at last (I'm slow) I seem to have forgotten where to find bidoofs? And whether you could catch any of them bidoof in the cave?

edit: nevermind, found a bidoof, but still curious if you can catch any of the ones in the helix cave

Afaik no you can't.

Alright, I finished the episode (as well as all the ranger quests and the fighing club, still got some sidequests left though) and I have to say, I frickin' love it. You made a really good game Caz, definitely on par with Reborn and Rejuvenation. Story-wise I like this one maybe even better, but what really stands out are all the interesting additions like the credit system, the Rangers guild, the Fighting Club and the Reputation system. In that game aspect this is even better. The spriting could still use some work but it's already pretty good. One thing I want to ask about is the exp flood this episode. Was that intended or a miscalculation? Because I went from a main team of 5 to a main team of 12 this episode due to overleveling, and aside from Yanmega that was before I even did the Fight Club and Bronze Island. The reason I am asking is because I am curious if you are going to be consistent in this or tone it down in newer episodes, because in my opinion it would be slightly lame for me to have trained up all these pokemon and then just have to ditch half of them or possibly more if I see something new that catches my fancy. Oh and giving Excadrill right before an Electric leader was perhaps not the smartest move, that thing almost solo'd her (if only I had a Smooth Rock).

As for my team I am to lazy to make a screenshot, but I'll just list the ones level 50 and above: Crustle, Jynx, Tangrowth, Staraptor, Charizard, Walrein, Excadrill, Yanmega, Roserade, Magneton,Croagunk and Gigalith.

As for one question, where are Boss's pokemon? I found Togekiss and Clefable already and I heard Wigglytuff is atop Silver Mountain, so that leaves Azumarill I think?

To answer your last question:

Azumarill is in Route 2, the green side

I purposefully avoid using Excadrill, as it seems, in my opinion, too powerful to be obtained this early in the game. You don't even have to use Exca's move slot for Sandstorm, since Flygon, Krookodile and Gigalith, for example, learn it too. However, the combination of Swords Dance and Sand Rush make Exca a killing machine of sorts on it's own. I have to agree with you.

Thank you and I agree that Excadrill is probably too powerful, but I like it too much not to use it. It's been criminally underused on my OU teams. To be honest, without a smooth rock you do need to have Sandstorm on Excadrill itself for Emily because you want to set up 3 Sword Dances so Rock Slide OHKO's Eelektross and Rotom-W cleanly and if you have someone else Sandstorm first it will run out after you take down one or two mons after all those sword dances.

By the way Caz, I've wanted to askt this since Ep 2, do you watch/read Naruto, because Nova's plan of putting the whole world in a dream reminds me a lot of Obito's Infinite Tsukoyomi plan.

Edited by Wavesteel

• Global Mods

By the way Caz, I've wanted to askt this since Ep 2, do you watch/read Naruto, because Nova's plan of putting the whole world in a dream reminds me a lot of Obito's Infinite Tsukoyomi plan.

I was thinking that too. Also, Tristan's entire character and appearance reminds me of Kabuto's.

• Developers

Thank you and I agree that Excadrill is probably too powerful, but I like it too much not to use it. It's been criminally underused on my OU teams. To be honest, without a smooth rock you do need to have Sandstorm on Excadrill itself for Emily because you want to set up 3 Sword Dances so Rock Slide OHKO's Eelektross and Rotom-W cleanly and if you have someone else Sandstorm first it will run out after you take down one or two mons after all those sword dances.

No. I haven't watched Naruto since the end of the Pain Arc since I felt that it's plot was becoming to juvenile for my taste. Interesting thought though.

As for Excadrill, it IS being axed in 3.1. Whoops.

Have you considered opening a "where do I go now?" or pokemon location topic? Has Meowth's location been changed in some way or am i doing something wrong? Been lookin where 'dex shows for hours and no luck yet :\

• Developers

Have you considered opening a "where do I go now?" or pokemon location topic? Has Meowth's location been changed in some way or am i doing something wrong? Been lookin where 'dex shows for hours and no luck yet :\

Meowth is in the Keneph Caves UNDER the Keneph Forest which is the location that the 'dex shows.