Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

My only complaint, and this is just a petty one, is that I really dislike the use of Undertale's music. It's not edited or anything to make it unique (not that you should since it's undertale). I mean... I love Undertale's music, but it feels so... wrong to hear it in a Pokemon game.

I honestly hope that you eventually change it to something more unique. Something not just ripped from another game with absolutely no edits done to it.

Again it's petty, but I'm literally rubbed the wrong way by it.

• Developers

My only complaint, and this is just a petty one, is that I really dislike the use of Undertale's music. It's not edited or anything to make it unique (not that you should since it's undertale). I mean... I love Undertale's music, but it feels so... wrong to hear it in a Pokemon game.

I honestly hope that you eventually change it to something more unique. Something not just ripped from another game with absolutely no edits done to it.

Again it's petty, but I'm literally rubbed the wrong way by it.

I don't know how you came to this conclusion because there is no official ripped undertale music in the game whatsoever. The only track that has reference to undertale is the rival battle music, which is a rock remix of "Hopes and Dreams", found here.

Edited by Caz

I don't know how you came to this conclusion because there is no official ripped undertale music in the game whatsoever. The only track that has reference to undertale is the rival battle music, which is a rock remix of "Hopes and Dreams", found here.

Ah it didn't sound like that to me. It is a cover then. Still, I am pushed away from its inclusion. It's just way too out of place. It's probably one of the weakest aspects to this game. I'll be muting it most likely because again... it's just not meant for a Pokemon game.

And this is my simple opinion. Take it how you will, but it's always going to rub me the wrong way and I will continue to hope that it gets changed in the future.

• Developers

Ah it didn't sound like that to me. It is a cover then. Still, I am pushed away from its inclusion. It's just way too out of place. It's probably one of the weakest aspects to this game. I'll be muting it most likely because again... it's just not meant for a Pokemon game.

And this is my simple opinion. Take it how you will, but it's always going to rub me the wrong way and I will continue to hope that it gets changed in the future.

No worries, I change up music quite frequently since I think the right music super important for a game so it'll probably be changed at some point.

No worries, I change up music quite frequently since I think the right music super important for a game so it'll probably be changed at some point.

Alright! I hope I didn't offend you or anything. ^^;

• Developers

May I ask for the location of the water stone? (The person in the last page asked and I think it's somewhere in the Celeste Labyrinth but wanted to confirm)

I actually don't think there is a Water Stone in the game yet. There is a Fire Stone and a Leaf Stone but I'm pretty sure I haven't added one into Episode 2. There is one in the upcoming episode 3 though.

Now I'm just hoping Shiv gets a new sprite too. He will, right?

Keep your eyes out for an announcement ~

Not sure if this was asked or anything, but I noticed that we will be able to paint our Pokemon. Will that turn them into their actual shiny sprite? Also will we be able to return them back to their normal colors if we change our minds later on?

is it worth downloading and playing 2.1 or should i just wait for 3? this will be the third fan made game ill be playing, given the current progress of episode 3's developement

Edited by sandy

• Developers

Not sure if this was asked or anything, but I noticed that we will be able to paint our Pokemon. Will that turn them into their actual shiny sprite? Also will we be able to return them back to their normal colors if we change our minds later on?

The Jar of Paint is a one use item that changes your Pokemon to shiny form. There's no way to revert that at the moment.

Bottle of water confirmed

@Sandy - Episode 3 is still quite a while away, coming at the end of March most likely. If you have time to complete the game up to it's current point then sure, go ahead.

Edited by Caz

thanks for the heads up caz i proberly have the time depending on how long it is som ill give it a go downloading now

hrm when i dowload the game via mega i just get a .rar file...is that supposed to happen?

Edited by sandy

I'm okay if you change the rival battle music so that it is not undertale but please don't change shiv's music ever! its perfect

No worries, I change up music quite frequently since I think the right music super important for a game so it'll probably be changed at some point

• Developers

thanks for the heads up caz i proberly have the time depending on how long it is som ill give it a go downloading now

hrm when i dowload the game via mega i just get a .rar file...is that supposed to happen?

Yes. Use Winzip or some other .rar opening tool to extract the game. Uploading as a .rar compresses the game and is a lot more preferable then uploading an entire folder.

I actually don't think there is a Water Stone in the game yet. There is a Fire Stone and a Leaf Stone but I'm pretty sure I haven't added one into Episode 2. There is one in the upcoming episode 3 though.

Odd, I have a water stone in my inventory. Maybe I will do another run to find it

Yes. Use Winzip or some other .rar opening tool to extract the game. Uploading as a .rar compresses the game and is a lot more preferable then uploading an entire folder.

i eventually figured that out enjoying the game so far conor destroyed me i was not expecting a level 19 lead off to train i guess, i'm also surprised that the second badges level cap is at 35/

Edited by sandy

i eventually figured that out enjoying the game so far conor destroyed me i was not expecting a level 19 lead off to train i guess, i'm also surprised that the second badges level cap is at 35/

A well trained Quagsire should help with Connor - hopefully you caught a Starly at the beach. I wish I did but never lucky and too lazy.

A well trained Quagsire should help with Connor - hopefully you caught a Starly at the beach. I wish I did but never lucky and too lazy.

i did but i never managed to level up wooper so i returned the favor with my charmeleon

another edit, thanks for the game so far i thoroughly enjoyed it i found a few shocks and surprises on the way was shocked with the next episodes teaser, i'll leave it at that , cant wait for episode 3

Edited by sandy

• Developers

Odd, I have a water stone in my inventory. Maybe I will do another run to find it

Looks like there is a water stone then. Spooky.

finished v2 but i'm looking for a few items with no results and not sure if they are even in yet.

first one is a lemonade of the recruitment quest for the rangers guild

second one is a leaf stone for evolving panasage

and third one is exp share which would help until i can find a leaf stone since pansage is so frail at the 30 stage

ok, question:

I've finished the kuiki saga and i'm waiting to face off against connor. I talked to him, said to talk to the elder. talked to the elder, forgot what he said. what do i do now? I've also opened up the cave and tried the puzzle, if that changes anything; think i need rock smash to proceed with it.

hey, thanks!

didn't realize that talking to the elder would trigger prof's event, oh well!

loving this game so far, but it's possible that starly should be removed the jungle. the only thing keeping me from bird-nuking my way though the whole game so far is the level cap...he's beak and feathers above any other 'mon i've found at this point.

• Developers

finished v2 but i'm looking for a few items with no results and not sure if they are even in yet.

first one is a lemonade of the recruitment quest for the rangers guild

second one is a leaf stone for evolving panasage

and third one is exp share which would help until i can find a leaf stone since pansage is so frail at the 30 stage

Lemonade can be bought from a vending machine in a house in Celeste City.

A Leaf stone can be found in Keneph Jungle - it's a hidden item.

There is currently no EXP Share.

hey, thanks!

didn't realize that talking to the elder would trigger prof's event, oh well!

loving this game so far, but it's possible that starly should be removed the jungle. the only thing keeping me from bird-nuking my way though the whole game so far is the level cap...he's beak and feathers above any other 'mon i've found at this point.

I've already been considering axing Starly, RIP everyone here.