[IC]TotMG:V2 - Hyperdimension: Return of the Four Felons

StormLord

Lyra finds herself in an IT repair office about three doors down.  They haven't got the most capable suit of tools, but it's better than a lot of the field repair she's had to do in the past.

Teleporter repair:
22 vs 23,
Quality: 7,
Random Blitz: 67,

It seems Lyra's item teleporter is a bit more damaged than she first thought.  She can keep if functional for now, but it needs serious replacement parts custom machined for it.

(No levels gained, further repair work halted until replacement parts are found/made)

Swapper repair:

22 vs 18,
Quality: 52,
Random Blitz: 70,

Lyra manages to rig her swapper to run almost instantly, but at the cost of much lower efficiency.

"Level 3 - Safety Bypass

Lyra can choose to activate her swapper as a free action at the cost of draining three charges instead of one."

Shield repair:

10 vs 28,
Quality: 22,
Random Blitz: 7,

Lyra slowly pries open the case to her shield generator to find a mess of half fried wires and a popped battery pack.  Some basic repairs should keep it from electrocuting her next time she uses it.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mira

At Histoire's remaining statements, Mira merely waved her hand, as if brushing off the extra information, before finally unfolding her arms and grabbing the helmet that had been scavenged by Judge's 'corpse', "I'll be taking this" she stated, before turning and walking to one of the further off chairs, still in the same room but far enough so that someone would have to go out of their way in order to talk to her.

Once at a seat, Mira practically slammed the helmet on the table, staring at it with piercing red eyes as her very essence started to infuse itself into the armor, both to ascertain its true abilities and to add her own... Touches.

Mira takes the Helmet of the Judge as her own, and begins infusing it with Magra to alter its appearance and also enhance its effects. She will be using 2 Magra for this, bringing her total down to 1, and a crafting token. Her Synergy is currently 12, and her intelligence is 0.

Crafting:
31 vs 20,
Quality: 59,
Random Blitz: 77,

As Mira slams the helmet down and begins attuning it to herself it slowly shifts, taking on a form more similar to that of Mira's other armor, the horn and wings shrink while the metal starts looking more worn and cracked from age.

"Level 4: May be activated more than once in an encounter, costs 1 Magra to activate after the first use in an encounter."

Iowa thinks about the last battle.  Her belt armor held up reasonably well, and her main guns performed to satisfaction...  But a hit to her bridge incapacitated the entire ship as local control officers showed a disappointing lack of initiative, and her tertiary batteries entirely failed to engage the enemy.  Were they waiting for orders or something?  This requires some new procedures.  And maybe some yelling at hapless fairy officers who really should know better.

Spoiler

Iowa attempts to craft a 4th level for Damage Control Team that allows it to be used even if she is stunned.

Iowa also attempts to craft a new trick:

Fairy Marines (Level 1, Trick):  As a free action, Iowa's marines open up on target enemy with their rifles and Iowa's six pounder guns, dealing 1d4 damage to a target.

Should either of these crafts fail, Iowa will spend her 3rd crafting token to try to make it work.  Otherwise, she'll spend the final token to try to upgrade Fairy Marines to deal 2d4 damage instead.

Mira

... So, from what she could figure out, the helmet was a sort of scanner, able to detect the physical health of a target and potentially add some information about them. A strange bit of skills for a helmet, but... Whatever. It had more worth than her old one.

With that, once she had done her work on making the helmet appear similar to her normal armor, mostly by vastly shortening the wings and horns, along with the lights in the helmet shifting to a blood red color, Mira finally let it go, bringing both of her hands behind her head. Then, with one swift motion, Mira took off her helmet, revealing a surprisingly young, black haired and deathly pale woman, before she quickly placed Judge's old helmet on her head.

Now that she had finished with that, Mira silently continued her preparation, bringing out her sword and beginning to infuse it with a bit more of her extra Magra.

Mira attempts to infuse the rest of her Magra (1) into Black Heart, either to temporarily increase its damage, or some other effect. Her Synergy is still 12, and her previous attempt with the crafting gives her a potential bonus to this act.

Previous craft

Spoiler

[21 - Success] Mira managaes to get some of her energy flowing into the blade - it doesn't seem to do much more than make it keener for now, but she can definitely feel potential there.
(+1d4 damage, and bonuses to trying to improve it further this way.)

Crafting:

32 vs 25,
Quality: 14,
Random Blitz: 27,

Mira infuses her sword once again, but this time something is off.  Some other force is meddling in her work, energy becomes polarized in its presence drawing it towards the blade and Mira herself.  By the end of it the blade has the faintest fringe of blue glow.

Level 5 - Aura of Greed: Once per round when Mira lands a weapon attack Black Heart gains one charge.  Mira gains +1 Syn  and -1 global DR for every two charges Black Heart possesses.  Black Heart looses all charges at the end of each encounter.

Atton and his troops meanwhile, focused on learning more about the terrain they would be fighting in and having a discussion over a nice meal, reasoning that all of their current equipment are actually up to snuff, and that what little time they had to spare would be better spent improving themselves...and getting that mouthpiece down from the top of the banner.

Atton attempts to upgrade the banner of the 10th regiment to turn it's level 3 initiative boost into one he doesn't need to activate.

Atton also attempts to craft a new trick by properly motivating his personnel into fighting for him with an additional fervor! Essentially trying to get a slight boost to his supportive actions that way.

Craft:

24 vs 17,

Quality: 4,

Random Blitz: 46,

Atton and his crew pull down them megaphone but manage to break it in the process.  This does still restore some of the banner's inspirational appearance.

Level 4: The banner may no longer be activated for +3 Init, but gains an additional passive +2 Init(total +8).

Craft:

24 vs 23,

Quality: 81,

Random Blitz: 71,

Inspiration:

Any time Atton uses a supporting action without Inspiration Inspiration gains one charge.  When Atton uses a supporting action he may spend any number of Inspiration charges to increase his effective Int by that amount for that action use.  Remaining charges dissipate at the end of combat.

0/3 Charges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the flurry of movement and crafting finishes a guard steps in and ushers everyone on back in through the room full of pews and into another side chamber similar to the teleporter you took before, just larger.

Using the intercom from a computer room above Histoire explains where exactly you'll be sent.

"The closest we can send you is just outside the theme park in the Cubic Mountains.  Terrain and forestry in the area doesn't give us many options and inside the park isn't on the table.  Most of the civilians have already been evacuated, but there are still rescue teams trying to get the last groups out.  Good luck."

With a zap and a crack the party quickly flickers out of the teleporter room and into well, the middle of a road.  The smell of pine trees and carnival food fills your lungs and as your eyes adjust you see you're on a bit of an inclined road, on either side is thick coniferous forest.  The air is cool, but not cold.  The road behind winds down into the trees, while to road ahead leads into a police roadblock at the entrance to a park of some kind.

Approaching you all catch the tail end of a conversation between a Loween officer and a kid with excessively spiky hair.

"Come on I want to help, can't you just let me in?"

"Sorry, not gonna happen.  You haven't got Guild approval and we've already got professionals on the way.  Speaking of."

The officer reached out and gestured towards the party as they approached.

"Histoire sent word you would be arriving soon and that you were already briefed.  We've got the thing trapped in the park, but there are still civilians and evacuation teams inside."

Behind the officer you see how the Cubic Mountains got their name.  A series of flat squared off plateaus at varying heights make up the land the park is build on.  The roller coaster at the center of the park is anchored between several of the highest square spires and passes overhead almost anywhere in the park.

Lyra wasn't too happy with the results of her attempts. She'd clearly been out of practice when she was preparing to rescue...

She couldn't think about that now. Professionals didn't second-guess their decisions after they'd already been made. They only thought about what they could do right now. And what she could do right now was help take down Trick.

~~~

After the teleportation, she noticed the officer and child. Lyra wasn't sure what to say to the child exactly - she didn't know how or why they intended to help - so Lyra ignored the child for now, turning to the officer instead. "So, do we know where in the park Trick is? And should we prioritize rescuing civilians or hunting Trick down?"

Edited by AzyWng

"If we prioritize the civilians in danger, there's a very real risk that Trick will continue doing damage," Iowa points out, "Treating the wounds of people who're being shelled only does so much as long as they're still being shelled.  We should take the threat down as fast as possible, and then focus on search and rescue."

The officer produces what was once small park guide that has since had the map torn off and written on.  He gestures to various points as he speaks before finally handing it off to the party.

"Trick is hiding out around the central area of the park near the roller coaster entrance as of now.  We've got a team engaged with a hostile group near the children's water play area on the east side of the park and we've seen another group of possible hostiles moving towards the large tent in the northwest corner."

The "kid" from before sort of shifts awkwardly and quietly sighs at the party's approach.  Having come closer it's a bit easier to see that they're a girl, probably in mid-teens, with drooping excessively spiky hair, an impractical collection of swords(one notably appears to be a slab of metal on a stick), and an equally impractical collect of belts, chains, and zippers holding all of them on.

"Since I've spent the last ten minutes trying to convince this guy to let me in, can I just come with you to help already?"

As the girl finishes the officer turns back to the group and shrugs.

"That's up to you I guess.  I was only ordered to keep people out until you got here with more information."

Achievement get: Park Map

Mira

Once the group had arrived, Mira had chosen to stay in the back, silently observing, as she normally did. However, once Iowa spoke up, followed by the officer speaking and giving them a map, Mira suddenly began to speak, while completely ignoring the kid, "If you deem it necessary to assist with civilians still inside the area, then we could merely keep Trick stalled. If they are like Judge in terms of strength, then I should be able to do that, if not eliminate him myself" she stated.

Gabriel finally speaks up, after studying the situation (and still trying to catch his breath after that last fight).
"Maybe we could divide and conquer? We have the numbers between ourselves and the evacuation team. We can't let this Trick....thing screw them up but we can't just let the civilians go without help. Maybe. I'm just spitballing here, I'm not some tactical genius."

Nodding at the suggestions of her colleagues - splitting up would help keep Trick from attacking the civilians - Lyra turned back to look at the kid. Something about her had reminded Lyra of her own past - and now that the kid was clearly insisting that she go out into the danger, she knew what. She was reminded of her own parents. She could have stopped them. But she didn't.

Slowly walking over to the kid, Lyra leaned in a little and told her, "It's better that you stay here. I understand that you want to help, but we're already ready to handle this. You shouldn't put yourself in danger needlessly." Maybe Lyra was lying about being ready to handle the situation, but she wasn't about to let someone else walk into danger when their objectives included getting people out of it, and she definitely wasn't going to repeat the kinds of mistakes she'd paid for in the past. If the kid protested further, she'd probably need more than a few words to keep her from going, but if they did keep her from charging in, that was all the better.

Turning back to her colleagues, she resumed. "If we're going to split up, we need to determine what teams we're going to split into." This was definitely above her pay grade - she'd only ever worked alone - but she had to show the team that she was eager to step in and help guide their efforts. "If we split into two teams, one of four and another of five, we'll be able to cover more ground while still retaining a degree of combat strength to take out Trick's thugs and protect the civilians while they evacuate. It's probably best if each team has someone who can heal or restore wounds. We don't know how long this conflict will last, or when - or even if - we'll get a break to regroup. We can't get ourselves worn down over the course of a few fights." After a bit of thinking, Lyra nodded. "I don't know the full extent of your capabilities, so I'd suggest having Perlita and Atton on separate teams so that each team has at least one person who can treat injuries. As for the others, uh... have Bridgett, 6D, and Gabriel go with Perlita, while the rest of us go with Atton..." And she wasn't sure about the latter half of her choices - but surely one of the other group members could help her with that.

Mira

"I can fix myself just fine, I wouldn't need someone else to keep me in the fight" Mira commented, taking notice of the fact that she was essentially ignored, but otherwise, she didn't try to dissuade any planning. She wasn't the tactician type, and while she would love for the chance to kill a big target like Trick on her own, she didn't make the shots, that much was obvious.

"I say we bring the kid along. She seems plenty capable. Non-capable pepole don't usualy carry around so many swords."
Punch sounds far to cheerful for the situation, and seems to be paying more attention to the aforementioned kid then the impromptu strategy meeting occurring around her. Looking over her various swords and excessive belts.

"What's your name?"

"It's not about how many swords she has with her Punch, it's about whether or not she can use one, and I'm not too keen on bringing a civilian with us into battle either," Atton commented as he turned to face the rest of the group, "And it's a good thing you're going with me then Mira, because I'm not much of a healer myself."

He then nodded at Lyra before commenting, "That sounds like a fair plan to me, keeping civilians out of harm's way is why we came here first after all, and we can always put any wounded in the half track until we can get to a designated extraction point, you do have those right?."

Perlita shook her head at Gabriel and Lyra. "Erh, sorry Gabriel, but you all should actually probably send me with whichever group is fighting Trick, not Atton. Trick is probably going to be the most serious danger here, because, well, yeah, and I'm a better healer than Atton. U-um, I don't mean that I'm just-- generally-- better or something, but it's just that I can put out more healing spells more consistently and all. Plus if Trick is as prone to fighting dirty as it seems he is, then my spell Patra could be pretty useful for keeping us still able to fight him."

The girl responded to Lyra with little more than an eye roll that amounted to "No shit Sherlock".

"People call me Square, and I know more than enough magic and martial techniques to hold my own thank you."

Mira

"It's never good to judge a book by its cover" Mira spoke up shortly after Square, unfolding her arms, "We're wasting time standing around. I'm going to go in and find this Trick. If you all want to ensure civilians are safe, then you can do that. I'll deal with the monster."

With that, Mira turned away, pushing past the officer with a rather terse "move", before marching into the park itself. She had looked at the park map enough to figure out where Trick was presumably hiding out. If the others followed, fine, more power to them, but she was willing to, at the very least, prevent Trick from moving and reinforcing his other troops while the others took them out and converged. It didn't matter to her, they did what they had to do, she would do what she needed to do.

Lyra was about to try to formulate the rest of her plan when she realized one of her colleagues was walking off. "Wait, Mira, you can't just go split off like that! If you go in there you're just going to get killed!" It was a few seconds before she realized Mira wasn't stopping. Another person walking off to their own doom... was she just going to keep being reminded of her past? In any case, Lyra couldn't just let Mira split off, and she doubted attempting to directly stop her would end well.

That left only one option.

Drawing her wrench and breaking into a run, Lyra caught up to Mira, matching her speed once she'd reached her. "Fine. This is a stupid idea, but I'm going with you." If the two of them survived this, Lyra was going to give Mira a slap across the face for her foolishness.

Assuming there was a face beneath that helmet. She hadn't seen Mira take it off once since she'd landed on her. Come to think of it, Lyra hadn't removed her own helmet so far.

The two of them might want to do so later on. Again, assuming they survived this.

Perlita let out a rather loud sigh and then mumbled something in Spanish with a rather aggrieved tone.

"Why didn't I see this coming? Oh, she is ALWAYS like this. Before we were part of this larger group, even. Well, I'm going to go -- we were going to split up and go for Trick anyway, right? Five of us! Come on, two of you! I'm going to go give her a-- a piece of my mind!!" The aggravated Latina teenager made her way towards Mira and Lyra, grumbling loudly the whole time, hiking up her dress very slightly so she didn't trip over it, and muttering to herself the entire time as she jogged towards them. Once she got near to them, well. "MIRA!! We were all planning to go over to deal with Trick anyway!! What's the point of leaving us behind?? I can't believe you thought you would just ditch us, when you have already seen what Judge was like -- I don't know why you do this! Is it some sort of-- some sort of-- some sort of lone wolf complex, or something? All you're going to do is fail to stop him if you go at him alone, which I won't let you do, but let us actually do this like we planned instead of storming off for no reason!!"

Mira

Without even breaking her stride, nor looking behind her, Mira continued to walk as she responded to the two other women, "I'm perfectly capable of handling myself. Trick relies more on numbers, that should be obvious, and I believe the one flaw with the plan, as Iowa put it, was that Trick would still be able to move and be a nuisance. I'm the most suited to keep it from doing so while the rest deal with their backup. And the more we wait, the more time we waste" Mira explained, her tone eerily calm before suddenly stopping and spinning to both Lyra and Perlita, a bit of annoyance creeping into her voice "So yes, you could say it's a lone wolf complex, because I've been perfectly fine working on my own. If the universe deems me fit to work with a team, I'm fine, but unlike you, I have the experience to do things on me own.

"So you can do what you feel is necessary to help. If that includes tagging along to kill that monster, then fine, more power to you. But I'm going to do what I need to do, since it's a better use of my skills than the alternative" the Dark Knight finished, turning back without another word to continue her way into the park.

"Ok I'm going to stop this right here and insist that you slow down. I LOVE a good fight, but right now we should consider a proper plan. We aren't just going up against one person, we have already been told that Trick carries around henchmen, and that he uses more complex strategies then Judge. If they already have a foothold in this area, then they are going to be harder to deal with. So instead, lets lay some kind of trap."

"It dosent have to be complicated, anything that would lessen his advantages or put us in a favorable position. At the VERY least, we could try and lure him or his forces into a location favorable to us."

Punch takes a look over the map, tapping her foot. It looked like they would have to fight through to get to trick anyway. But maybe they could lead him into an area that they cleared out of other enemies?

"Hey guard guy, what can you tell us about Trick's movements and tactics? Does he have any weaknesses or preferences?" 

Lyra sighed after hearing Mira’s explanation. She had the experience to do things on her own, she said? Even if that was the case, then clearly the powers that were - Voidmother or otherwise - thought differently. While Lyra never totally trusted anyone with more power than she had, she at least figured this wasn't some twisted plot to kill the lot of them one by one. Unless it was.

In any case, Lyra probably couldn’t get through to her at all, and she didn’t predict good things happening if only the three of them fought Trick.

Hey, guys! Get two other people to come with us and have the rest head towards the Splash Zone! Markings indicated thugs fighting the extraction team! You need to stop them ASAP!

Hopefully this wasn’t the part where things all went to hell...