[IC]TotMG:V2 - Hyperdimension: Return of the Four Felons

StormLord

Refusing to give the figure a chance to breathe, Mira advances and attacks with Black Heart again, dealing 6d8+11 damage and gaining a fourth stack of Greed, reducing her DR by 2 but giving her +2 Syn. She currently has 3 Magra, and will gain an extra bit in two turns.

Loadout

Spoiler

Perks

Magra
Mira specializes in using an energy she creates inside of her called Magra, which she specifically uses for attacks. She always starts with at least 1 Magra unless specified otherwise, but can carry over Magra from a previous fight if it was higher than 1, and can have a maximum of 8 Magra. At the end of each turn, Mira gains 2 Magra.

Rending Combination
Due to years of training and mastering of her own internal power, Mira both knows and is capable of using her talents in quick succession. Mira can use up to two separate Magra costing actions per turn.

Unstable (Flaw)
Mira is the carrier of the prototype Magra generator, which can become unstable if met with other instances of magic. Any magic attack that connects with Mira deals 50% more damage.

Stats:

Constitution: 12
Dexterity: 0
Intelligence: 0
Strength: 11
Synergy: 7+5 (12)

Action slots: 8/8

Magra Generator: Mira’s heart is a generator, one that creates energy known as Magra, which is something Mira can use as an offensive tool. Every two turns, Mira gains 1 extra Magra.
- Level 1: Every four turns, Mira gains one extra Magra.
- Level 2: Decreased to one Magra every three turns.
- Level 3: Decreased to one Magra every two turns. This frequency cannot be increased further.

Cell Repair: Mira uses some of her Magra to accelerate her healing process than what is considered normal. Heals herself for 3d6+Syn outright, and can use up to eight Magra to add 1d6 to the heal each, or cleanse a debuff.
- Requires 1 Magra minimum
- Level 1: Mira heals herself for (1d6+SYN) health. She is capable of using more Magra for healing, which adds another 1d6 for each Magra used.
- Level 2: Healing increased by 1d6.
- Level 3: Healing increased by 1d6.
- Level 4: Instead of adding an extra 1d6 by spending extra Magra, she can instead cleanse a debuff on herself for every Magra spent.

Lunar Stance: Mira readies for an enemy’s attack, preparing to counter the second they try to strike her. Cancels the first attack made against her in the turn, and deals (Equipment Damage+3d6) damage to the attacker.
- Requires 2 Magra
- Level 1: If Mira is attacked during the round Lunar Stance is used, she automatically cancels any damage from a single enemy and attacks them for (Equipment Damage+1d6). If Mira is not attacked, she still uses the Magra for this action.
- Level 2: Damage increased by 1d6.
- Level 3: Damage increased by 1d6.
- Level 4: This action now has priority, activating before other (non-priority) actions.

Half Moon: Crescent Slash: Mira drags her weapon through the ground, then slashes upwards, sending both parts of the ground and a wave of Magra out towards the enemy. Deals (Equipment Damage+4d6) damage to a single target.
- Requires 4 Magra
- Level 1: Mira deals (Equipment Damage+3d6) damage to a single target.
- Level 2: Extra damage increased by 1d6.

Full Moon: Restriction Release: Mira puts her Magra generator into overdrive. When activated, this action gives Mira unlimited Magra for 4 turns, but locks up Shattered Moon: Eclipse. After 4 turns, the effect wears off and Mira is unable to generate Magra for two turns.
- Requires 8 Magra
- Level 1: After activation, Mira is capable of using Magra indefinitely for 4 turns. However, during this time, Shattered Moon: Eclipse is completely locked. After 4 turns, Mira is incapable of generating Magra for 2 turns, but immediately regenerates Magra at the end of the 2nd turn cooldown. If the battle ends before Full Moon: Restriction Release is finished, Mira will start the next battle with only one Magra.
- If Cell Repair is used during Full Moon: Restriction Release, it is treated as if Mira had only four Magra available.

(Equipment) Black Heart (10 Weight): Mira’s personal sword, a rather long, one handed blade made out of black metal. Deals 6d8+Strength damage.
- Level 1: Deals 3d8+Strength damage to a single target.
- Level 2: Damage increased by 1d8
-Level 3: Damage increased by 1d8
- (Craft) Level 4: Damage increased by 1d8. Bonus towards Magra infusion on this weapon.
- (Craft) Level 5: Aura of Greed: Once per round when Mira lands a weapon attack Black Heart gains one charge.  Mira gains +1 Syn  and -1 global DR for every two charges Black Heart possesses.  Black Heart loses all charges at the end of each encounter.

(Equipment) Mira’s Armor: The armor of the “Dark One”, Mira. Rusted, old, and cracked, yet durable enough to continue protecting its user from harm. Gives +4 Damage Reduction against Piercing/slashing attacks, and gives a +1 Damage Reduction against all physical attacks, but lowers initiative by 4-Strength (to a minimum of 0).
- Level 1: +1 Damage Reduction against piercing/slashing attacks, but lowers Initiative by 4-Strength (to a minimum of 0)
- Level 2: Damage Reduction increased by +1
- Level 3: Damage Reduction increased by +1
- Level 4: Damage Reduction increased by +1
- (Craft) Level 5: Damage Reduction +1 against all types of physical attacks.

(Equipment) Helmet of the Judge: 
- Level 3: Once per combat as a free action Libra one target revealing their HP and a small blurb of information if able.

- (Craft) Level 4: Can be used twice in an encounter, but costs 1 Magra to use the second time.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyra

Breathe. The fight’s nearing its close, but don’t get careless. Mira needs you to stay up and distract the figure. And that means swinging at her with all your might.

Lyra uses Fiasco to attack the Mysterious Figure twice with Crush, dealing 4d4+10 damage twice and applying a 3-point reduction in damage output for two turns twice!

Adrenaline: Ready!

Blur: 0/3 attacks left...

Fiasco: Ready!

Concussion: Cooling Down. 0/1 turns left...

Taunt: Cooling Down. 2/3 turns left...

Swapper: Ready!

Character Sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jUJNdZRBFSjJKpAIqAFU4L1_UXf1qcSLfgr7KRJtwsU/edit?usp=sharing

Lyra slams into the figure for 18 and 10 damage, reducing her output by 6.

The Figure fires another pair of Torpor bolts at Lyra, who manages to dodge the first but takes 8 damage from the second.

Mira’s attack clatters against the Figure’s shield for another 18 damage

Theme:

Spoiler

Final Status:

Spoiler

Lyra: 13/78,

Mira: 90/90,

Mysterious Figure: -5/150,

The Figure glances between Mira and Lyra, and takes a single deep breath.

"Alright that's enough-" She straightened up her stance and relaxed slightly, though her shield was still ready, "-You've done better than I expected."

"I'll answer one question you have to the best of my knowledge."

"There's an obvious one," With the fighting over, Saejik steps up, "What do you intend to do with this...  Thing?" He glares down at the battered Deity of Greed like it's some unmentionable thing scraped off his boot.

"Study it.  The Trespassers you fight are just fragments and pieces of the whole incomprehensible beings outside of the world."
She slowly lowered her shield, and seeing that Lyra and Mira had in fact stopped she dismissed both it and her weapon in a dull flash of light.
"If we find a weakness in this Trespasser it may be shared by others of the same Brood Lineage, others from the same...parent."
She reaches into her coat and pulls out a small clear-plastic case containing a circuit board and small power-supply.
"I said I'd give you something and this should be appropriate for this world."

She gives it an ease underhand frisbee throw towards one of Saejik's guards.

Spoiler

Idea Disc: A specialized computer board loaded with three chips labeled “TTRPG”, “Crossover”, and “Complicated”.  It seems to run some kind of program.
As a free action the user may reduce a cooldown by 1 or fill a gauge by 10%, cooldown of three.

The user gains 1DR/Eldritch for every 5 Int they have.

Level 7,

The Stormtrooper looks over the Idea Disc briefly, before clipping it to his belt for further examination later, safely away from the Captain.  "I see," Saejik nods, "I do hope your containment protocols are sufficient to the task.  I'd hate to have to have all our work here undone."

Lyra

Well... It sounded as though they at least understood the danger that the Trespasser posed. That meant they probably had a plan in the event it was at risk of breaking out. Lyra tried to shake off the effects of the tranquilizers she'd been hit with (She wondered how the fight would have turned out if the figure had used poison or some other chemical) and looked over at Mira, trying to gauge her reaction to the de-escalation. Hopefully she'd been placated by what had been said. If not... Lyra didn't look forward to trying to stop her.

Also, part of her bristled when the figure tossed the reward for their victory towards one of Saejik's colleagues and not the two people who had actually done the fighting, but she held her tongue. Wouldn't do to start a third fight after the first for no good reason.

The figure waves off Saejik's concerns as she turns to face the Trespasser.

"Now back to work for the both of us."

She steps forward as a gate like the one she arrived in appeared and stepped through it.  As the gate closes behind her the Trespasser and spear wielding creatures shift and warp like a mirage, before dissipating into nothing.

As the image fades completely everyone in the party feels an odd hitch an sudden rush of noise as the world around them starts moving once more, none the wiser.

Mira's communicator buzzes.

Mira

For a few moments, Mira seems set on continuing the fight, glaring daggers at the downed Trespasser. However, after glancing back at Saejik, the Dark One... Simply flips her blade around, clipping it onto her armor once more. If they couldn't handle it, then she'd simply kill it when it escaped. She already nearly did, recuperating wouldn't change the outcome of next time. Mira didn't exactly care for a reward either... A weapon had no need for something so trivial.

As soon as the world began to move again though, Mira reached down and retrieved her phone, answering the call without even bothering to check the caller ID, "What is it?" she asked, turning away from where the Trespasser's body once was and staring at the progress of the other group, gauging their progress now that they could move again.

Mira turns to see the battlefield behind the party littered with dead monsters, jagged ice crystals, and large blast craters.  None of the others seem particularly bad off, or at least the ones that are are already getting attention.

Mira hears Histoire on the other side.
"We aren't picking up lifesigns from Magic or the Deity of Greed anymore.  When your group is ready we'll bring you back to Planeptune Tower."

Lyra

Lyra nodded, deciding to do one last sweep of the junkyard for everything immediately useful. She wondered if she'd be able to find the Giant D-Pad that the Remake Plan required...

It was worth a shot, at least.

[83] 

Lyra pokes her way across the ruined battlefield looking for anything worth grabbing out of the piles flanking them.  Eventually she sees something that hasn't lost its shine despite the acidic air here.  Lustrous metal splintered with a woodgrain-like fiber to it.

Moving along eventually she finds an oversized game controller, about the size of her head with a strange three-handle grip.  She manages to pry the faded D-pad out of its socket, just small enough she could barely wrap her hand around it.

Obtained:

Ironwood Splinters: Fragments of ancient wood from a bygone era, pulled out of a forgotten scrapheap.

Giant D-pad: Extracted from a giant controller.

A few minutes pass as people mull about, recovering from the fight, falling into post-adrenaline fatigue, and tending to those wounded enough to make them moveable.
Mira gets another buzz from her communicator from Histoire warning for eminent evac, something about the teleporter losing charge if they didn't.

After the now-expected flash of light and weird twisting sensation the party found themselves back at the Basilicom's teleporter room.  Stepping out guards direct most of the others towards the infirmary, while Histoire and Chesh pull the the rest of you aside towards the pew rows in front of a lectern.
"I feel we owe all of you a great deal of thanks for taking care of the creature ailing our world, so...thank you."

The tome fairy pauses and nods looking at the group of collected people in front of her before continuing.

"However I am also aware that polite words aren't the only thing you deserve, so I've spoken with the other Basilicoms and secured a far more tangible thank you."

She gestures to the bony cat behind her who steps off the metal briefcase he'd been standing on to allow her to lift it up with a slide glow and open it in front of the party.  A black felt lined interior holds five crystals faintly glowing and filled with specks of silver and teal, black and white, green and gold, purple and pink, or red and grey that drift around inside.

"I tired to talk her into a medal and a pat on the back but ehh"

The cat adds slowly, licking a rough patch on his paw again.
"A fortune in Sharicite crystals is a good second best."

Histoire closes the case and floats it back down to the ground before clapping her hands with a sigh.
"You are all welcome to stay as long as you like, and Chesh has been given permission to send you home when you wish, but I must beg my leave.  I have my own monster to slay in a truly enormous pile of paperwork for all of this."

Spoiler

White Sharicite: Crystalized faith infused with Power and Order.  May be consumed for 1 point of Str or Int, or used as a potent crafting ingredient.

Black Sharicite: Crystalized faith infused with Daring and Wit.  May be consumed for 1 point of Dex or Int, or used as a potent crafting ingredient.

Green Sharicite: Crystalized faith infused with Grace and Solace.  May be consumed for 1 point of Dex or Con, or used as a potent crafting ingredient.

Purple Sharicite: Crystalized faith infused with Determination and Light.  May be consumed for 1 point of Str or Syn, or used as a potent crafting ingredient.

Red Sharicite: Crystalized faith infused with Wonders and Eternity.  May be consumed for 1 point of Syn or Con, or used as a potent crafting ingredient.

"Good luck dealing with all of that, haha... really, I'm just happy that we were all able to help prevent the suffering that could have happened here. It's why we're going around like this in the first place, or at least it is for me. I wouldn't have required a reward, buuut... since we're getting one..." Perlita looked over the crystals for a moment. "Um... I hope nobody minds if I take one of these. This purple one is just kind of calling out to me... I think it might be similar to some of what I use in my magic." Hesitantly, Perlita grabbed the crystal, and started to look it over, silent for a long moment as she critically examined it, using an instinctive sense for magic that even a non-scanning like Perlita's could grant for a magical object like this.

"...light and determination, huh? I guess it's not a surprise this called out to me, then, light's my element." She seemed to consider further, though. "Determination, though... I guess so. Maybe. It'd be nice if that applied to me. Uh, I guess I'll maybe try to experiment with this... I think I want to see if I can make a spell, considering that these seem to be almost just magic power in crystal form. I've never tried something like this, but, uh, hey, if I'm gonna be bouncing between a bunch of worlds I might as well try to get something out of 'em.."

Perlita takes the Purple Sharicite!

Mira

"All part of the job" was all Mira said as she stepped forward, plucking her own crystal from the case. Though, instead of the black crystal like one would expect, Mira took hold of the silver one, staring at it for a few moments before bringing her hand to her side. Like with Perlita, there was something about the crystal that called out to her. She'd figure out what it was later.

Mira claims the White Sharicite.

Lyra

Lyra would have been content to stay in the back, allowing the others to choose their crystals as they pleased, but a thought occurred to her. She just hoped she wouldn't be shot down after all the trouble she'd been.

"When I was searching the junkyard, I managed to get the last part needed for a blueprint I'm carrying - one for a protective bracelet. I've been thinking that perhaps something could be added to the design...."

Lyra gestured towards the remaining crystals.

"One of you can have the bracelet if you like. I just feel like these two things could go together..."