The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

1 hour ago, Hannelore said:

I'm starting to feel nervous about the Elite 4 given the difficulty I've had with leaders in this game; is it a guarantee that it will be like main games where you need one team to make it through five trainers in a row with no switched? I never thought much about it until now but if that's the case I suspect I will struggle to even make it to post game 😂 

I'm guessing it's gonna be similar to Black and White, where you face all the Elite 4 members, but then Team Meteor does something and you have to leave to stop them. At the end, we'll have to battle Lin as the stand-in Champion, and the "real champion", Ame, won't be available to battle until the postgame

• Upvote 1
  • Fixed 1

personally I've been deluding myself into thinking that Alolan Exeggutor with trick room support, nature power (which becomes spatial rend on the new world field) will be enough to handle lin. but considering she will most likely have Gardevoir and A-Ninetails....

that's a problem for future me.

3 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

I believe they did say it is one team for the whole Elite 4. However, there is technically no Champion and the battle with Lin is speculated to be within the Citae Arc-d'Astrae and not at the Pokemon League, so you'll likely be able to change teams before her. There has also been a new consumable item announced that acts as a portable PC, but it's not clear whether its availability is exclusive to the postgame. 

Better start EV training those Pokemon :D

Haha, at least it looks like training up Pokemon will be easier this version. But I still anticipate CHALLENGE because I am a mediocre trainer at best 🤣 Might end up relying on other players posting their strategies to make it through...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. SU said:

personally I've been deluding myself into thinking that Alolan Exeggutor with trick room support, nature power (which becomes spatial rend on the new world field) will be enough to handle lin. but considering she will most likely have Gardevoir and A-Ninetails....

that's a problem for future me.

Fret not!

Granted you have either a Brave Exeggutor or 252 Attack EV's(both with reasonable IV's), you should be able to one-shot Gardevoir with a Z-Iron Tail and one-shot Ninetales-A with an ordinary Iron Tail. 252 EV's in SpA or Quiet nature(depending on what you picked to run Iron Tail) should allow you to obliterate that pesky Hydreigon with Spacial Rend. Just pretend that Steel types like Metagross and Magnezone don't exist and Exeggutor shall lead you to victory! 

3 minutes ago, Hannelore said:

Haha, at least it looks like training up Pokemon will be easier this version. But I still anticipate CHALLENGE because I am a mediocre trainer at best 🤣 Might end up relying on other players posting their strategies to make it through...

Yeah someone try-hard will have an easy walkthrough for the Elite 4 in probably a week. Worse comes to worst you can just P2W and stock up on healing items😀

• Haha 1

speaking from experience, you can cheese through most of the tricky fights in the lategame in e18 by buying x items from the department store and spamming them until the gym leaders can't kill you and you steamroll them. this game goes off of gen 7 so x items increase your stats by 2 stages. start by increasing the stat that defends you from whatever is currently attacking you and then just keep boosting all of your stats over and over and you're untouchable. It's how I beat Titania, Agate Solaris, the Glass Workstation etc. Personally I want more of a challenge in e19 so I'm starting over and going itemless. I do imagine this may be difficult against Laura though since flower garden is insane and x4 special defense is not protecting you from boosted x3 base power petal dance.

7 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

Fret not!

Granted you have either a Brave Exeggutor or 252 Attack EV's(both with reasonable IV's), you should be able to one-shot Gardevoir with a Z-Iron Tail and one-shot Ninetales-A with an ordinary Iron Tail. 252 EV's in SpA or Quiet nature(depending on what you picked to run Iron Tail) should allow you to obliterate that pesky Hydreigon with Spacial Rend. Just pretend that Steel types like Metagross and Magnezone don't exist and Exeggutor shall lead you to victory! 

You are so fucking right. Exeggutor does also get flamethrower too so unless she has heatran, I should be in the clear of those too. I feel like Lin will probably have something really slow on her team just to mess with trick room abusers but idk. Trick Room does last 8 turns on the New World Field.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hannelore said:

Might end up relying on other players posting their strategies to make it through...

Which is not a problem. ^_^

In fact, I've already been thinking of a rudimentary strat. 

By this point, it shouldn't be a spoiler anymore that the probable types of the E4 are Normal, Flying, Grass (and/or Bug), and Psychic.

None of those types handle Steel-types very well. unless you're playing inverse monosteel

Sure, they might then try to hit your Steel with a coverage move, but that's what pivoting is for. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

A Gardevoir with Imprison, Hyper Voice, Dazzling Gleam and Trick Room/Psychic will likely be able to shut down most of El's moves(if he runs Trick Room) and at least a few of Anna's moves so i'm hoping that will work.

Also Whimsicott will be useful because it can run screen support and priority Nature Power(on El's field if you give it a Pixie Plate all the multipliers make the moves base power go to about 400)

Other than that i'm gonna be adapting based on what I see, but I think the Uber trio will be useful no matter the circumstances.

There's a very real chance that Heather will be fought on the Mountain terrain which is super exploitable against flying types

1. Thunder has 100% accuracy on this terrain and is boosted

2. Nature Power becomes rock slide (my a-exeggutor in trick room is already cackling)

3. You can transition to the snowy mountain with a spread fire move which still boosts flying moves but if you're running ice types they can benefit from this too.

Also worth noting that flower garden boosts bug moves too, Starlight Field goes away if you use weather and holy field's nature power being judgement is cracked as all hell.

I'm sure they'll all have decent checks to steel types like running eq, mystic fire, heat wave etc so I wouldn't consider yourself safe just because you have a steel type.

3 minutes ago, Mr. SU said:

There's a very real chance that Heather will be fought on the Mountain terrain which is super exploitable against flying types

I admit I also thought that until with someone's help I realized that Tailwind activates Delta Stream... and she will most likely start with a Focus Sash, Gale Wings Talonflame just to have this setup for sure. Although Whimsicott can learn Taunt so with a Sash on it and a Rocky Helmet on something else/Brave Bird recoil it might still work

11 minutes ago, Mr. SU said:

Also worth noting that flower garden boosts bug moves too,

...there may be a far simpler solution. Unless we get blocked field interactions like in Rejuvenation V13 Laura has to run either Water Sport or Rain to prevent her field from being set on fire. For the first again Prankster Taunt and you can go to town, but the second one's funnier. If she's running rain, then, unless this mechanic was changed... the field becomes a Rainbow Field once you click Sunny Day or bring in something with Drought. And ALL her field boosts disappear. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. SU said:

1. Thunder has 100% accuracy on this terrain and is boosted

2. Nature Power becomes rock slide (my a-exeggutor in trick room is already cackling)

3. You can transition to the snowy mountain with a spread fire move which still boosts flying moves but if you're running ice types they can benefit from this too.

Also worth noting that flower garden boosts bug moves too, Starlight Field goes away if you use weather and holy field's nature power being judgement is cracked as all hell.

I'm sure they'll all have decent checks to steel types like running eq, mystic fire, heat wave etc so I wouldn't consider yourself safe just because you have a steel type.

Heather's Salamance probably knows earthquake, and Talonflame seems like a really good field option for her too. I wouldn't be surprised to see El with a Delphox since it fits his theme and field quite nicely. Anna might have Metagross or Mega Lucario, and both of them can learn earthquake on top of x2 boosted Meteor Mash

12 hours ago, Hannelore said:

I'm starting to feel nervous about the Elite 4 given the difficulty I've had with leaders in this game; is it a guarantee that it will be like main games where you need one team to make it through five trainers in a row with no switched? I never thought much about it until now but if that's the case I suspect I will struggle to even make it to post game 😂 

Oh, definitely. For sure. If we don't struggle, I'm suing the devs.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, bobirobi20 said:

Unless we get blocked field interactions like in Rejuvenation V13 Laura has to run either Water Sport or Rain to prevent her field from being set on fire. For the first again Prankster Taunt and you can go to town,

Titania's gym's weather: I'll do you one better

1 hour ago, Dark Warrior said:

Oh, definitely. For sure. If we don't struggle, I'm suing the devs.

I'll also sue the devs if the E4 fights turn out to be TOO easy to cheese. 

Here's a strat I've been considering for fights on Holy and Starlight Fields:

When a Magical Seed is consumed on these two fields, you get +1 Sp. Attack.

And seeds can be used with Recycle. 

Enter Prankster Recycle Klefki... 

For extra cheese points, Starlight Magical Seed also heals you in addition to boosting Sp. Attack. >:D

(inb4 Cass reworks the fields and this is no longer possible in E19) 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

I would ask for 10 million cents.

That's still a lot, y'know. For most. 

Around 100 thousands dollars. 

You could get that much by beating up Elite Four-...

You sneaky, little-

Just now, Oscarus said:

That's still a lot, y'know. For most. 

Around 100 thousands dollars. 

You could get that much by beating up Elite Four-...

You sneaky, little-

Whoa. Whoa. Easy, there. Don’t be so mad because of Pokedollars. Whatever being rich or poor doesn’t matter.

16 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

You sneaky, little-

Hey! I may be sneaky, but I am certainly not little. XD

12 minutes ago, SolareSupremo said:

Whatever being rich or poor doesn’t matter.

Maybe so, in the grand scheme of the universe eventually fading away so that it never mattered if we were rich or poor in life. But in today's economy... 

glances at income inequality statistics

Yeah, don't know about this one, chief. 

what is this, the atrium channel in the Discord server

17 minutes ago, SolareSupremo said:

Don’t be so mad because of Pokedollars. Whatever being rich or poor doesn’t matter.

Of course it doesn't. 

But fining for finding a loophole in battles against 4 strongest trainers is... a bit too much and Reborn League ain't the richest out there, if we consider executives want us to pay for their expenses. 

I mean-... Those expenses are for all, not only them, but the fact that one person has to do it, and not organizing some kinds of, i dunno, collections? 

Also, why not confiscate the goods of... of... what was her name again? That old hag from Lapis... Craudburry?... Yeah, probably. 

We have undeniable proof of her guilt - working on black market, manipulation and life threatening. We could arrest her and have her house and everything inside be sold to invest in projects 

Edited by Oscarus
  • Hmm 1

6 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Of course it doesn't. 

But fining for finding a loophole in battles against 4 strongest trainers is... a bit too much and Reborn League ain't the richest out there, if we consider executives want us to pay for their expenses. 

I mean-... Those expenses are for all, not only them, but the fact that one person has to do it, and not organizing some kinds of, i dunno, collections? 

Also, why not confiscate the goods of... of... what was her name again? That old hag from Lapis... Craudburry?... Yeah, probably. 

We have undeniable proof of her guilt - working on black market, manipulation and life threatening. We could arrest her and have her house and everything inside be sold to invest in projects 

If you think that way, I think another way :

Using 6 over leveling Pokemons with ability Pickup to obtain many items for Pokedollars.

6 minutes ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

But in today's economy... 

glances at income inequality statistics

At least your country's inflation hasn't crossed dangerous inflation borderline of 10%. 

But there will always be inequalities. That's how world works. Not everything is simple, sweet and nice. This paradise-candyland is... but a crack dream. 

All what matters for these fools is money. Money, power, influence, et cetera. That's why we have so many wars right now - power, influence, and leaders being stupid idiots. Not every is like our Champions, who know what to do in such cases... mostly. 

3 minutes ago, SolareSupremo said:

Using 6 over leveling Pokemons with ability Pickup to obtain many items for Pokedollars.

That's an game-logic solution... Which is actually what I was using once. 

But in in-universe, it's not that easy

4 minutes ago, SolareSupremo said:

Can you explain why in in-universe?

I'm more bound by lore that in-game mechanics, which is sometimes... stupid. 

Like-... Villains who are furious and desperate about their loss... still give you money upon defeating. So likes of Ghetsis, Lusamine or CURIE. That doesn't include those like Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, Solaris or Reukra who are quite chill upon being defeated, and could theorically give you money as a prize. 

Also levels, base stats, natures... The number of times I have seen that "Oh, but this Pokemon is a psyhical attacker, so shouldn't use special moves" or "But that move has very low Base Power, and shouldn't be used" in a ANIME videos, which aren't bound by characteristic to game logic... No. No. You shouldn't mix that up, as that doesn't make any sense! 

• Like 1