The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

24 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

I'd personally choose that theme:

Eventually something with a "victorious" vibe, but not exactly. Because that special theme from Rejuvenation when plays for second phrase of battles with Angel of Death or Puppet Master is too "victorious". 

Something like:

- VS Galar Champion Leon 

- VS Raiden Shogun (Electro Archon Ei): Phrase 2 (Genshin Impact) 

- The Grand Finale/Final Battle (Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story/Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam) 

But that kind would suit more in her "second phrase" - when she unleashes what has left, yet you still have the upper hand

55 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

I associate that more with Rejuvenation. 

https://youtu.be/_t10vb_3yGk

It could be a good candidate, but let's say that i'm not a big fan of Giratina Battle theme.

26 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Eventually something with a "victorious" vibe, but not exactly. Because that special theme from Rejuvenation when plays for second phrase of battles with Angel of Death or Puppet Master is too "victorious". 

Something like:

- VS Galar Champion Leon 

- VS Raiden Shogun (Electro Archon Ei): Phrase 2 (Genshin Impact) 

- The Grand Finale/Final Battle (Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story/Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam) 

But that kind would suit more in her "second phrase" - when she unleashes what has left, yet you still have the upper hand

I think her theme should be victorious but also sinister and dark

Ps. Let's pray Arceus that she doesn't have a second phase

Edited by KingInfernal

1 hour ago, Oscarus said:

I associate that more with Rejuvenation. 

https://youtu.be/_t10vb_3yGk

These were my thoughts exactly. For the Elite 4 is was thinking something like this would fit: https://youtu.be/1q1PmDSu_Ak

37 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

If Lin has a second phase (or the music changes when she brings out Arc Pulse) a fast paced Arceus remix would absolutely fit. I could also see a BW2 Ghetsis remix since she has Hydreigon or Cyrus since she's trying to create a new world

Edited by Green Bean 501

19 minutes ago, KingInfernal said:

Let's pray Arceus that she doesn't have a second phase

No one has said it has to be second phrase without healing. 

That second phrase could be just protag flexing thier power on Lin and showing how useless she and her plans are, as nothing is stronger than power of friendship, plot armor and full restore spam. 

1 hour ago, Green Bean 501 said:

If Lin has a second phase (or the music changes when she brings out Arc Pulse) a fast paced Arceus remix would absolutely fit. I could also see a BW2 Ghetsis remix since she has Hydreigon or Cyrus since she's trying to create a new world

I would exclude the Ghetsis and Arceus ones, because GlitchxCity hasn't made yet these two remixes, and i really doubt Ame used a non Glitch remix.

1 hour ago, Green Bean 501 said:

I could also see a BW2 Ghetsis remix since she has Hydreigon

And also green hair. And also homicidal tendencies.

No one has said it has to be second phase without healing.  

Without healing? Only a mad person would think something like that. I know that the devs like see us suffer, but this is too much also for them.

That second phase could be just protag flexing their power on Lin and showing how useless she and her plans are, as nothing is stronger than power of friendship, plot armor and full restore spam. 

Thats would be funny, but devs want to see us suffer, so i doubt it, but still a possibility.

Also the plot armor part remind me of the end of E18

Edited by KingInfernal

1 hour ago, KingInfernal said:

Without healing? Only a mad person would think something like that.

GameFreak would like to have a word with you. 

Thats would be funny, but devs want to see us suffer, so i doubt it, but still a possibility.

First phrase is a sheer suffering through Lin and her 99,7% win rate. Second phrase is player going on her like: "lol no get rekted". Like in major plot battles in Rejuvenation later in the story (AoD Gardevoir for example) 

Lin wears a suit of armor in Titania's gym. She's wearing literal plot armor

get out. 

When i hear jokes like this, i think that Lin is right in resetting the world

Lin actually wants to annihilate our universe and create a new one. Why? I was never actually said. 

Meteor Grunts say that she has promised them new, better life in the New World - united with the friends, family and others who are no longer among living. But we perfectly know all she can do is lie (and kill), so I question that motive. 

I think she simply wants to be an ultimate God - an existence above all else. 

8 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

I think she simply wants to be an ultimate God - an existence above all else

Makes sense. She would legit be the evilest god in existence. I respect her use of Hydreigon though. Only those that are superior to others use that mighty Pokemon. Like me. COUGHCOUGH I've sided with Lin COUGHCOUGH

43 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

GameFreak would like to have a word with you.  

I didn't know Volo had a full team of pokemons with 252 EV in every stats and above lv 100 with also a powerfull field effect(or field effetc in general).

And anyway it's GameFreak we are speaking about.

43 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Lin actually wants to annihilate our universe and create a new one. Why? I was never actually said. 

Meteor Grunts say that she has promised them new, better life in the New World - united with the friends, family and others who are no longer among living. But we perfectly know all she can do is lie (and kill), so I question that motive. 

I think she simply wants to be an ultimate God - an existence above all else. 

Onestly i don't play the game from a long time. But i remembered that she wanted to create a New World(create a NW=reset the world) and become the Goddess of that World.

But in both cases, my previous point still.

Edited by KingInfernal

49 minutes ago, KingInfernal said:

And anyway it's GameFreak we are speaking about.

I meant that GameFreak created a three-stage battle with NO healing in-between. None at all. 

16 minutes ago, Draconis said:

You forgot eat hot chip

Hot chip? Wait... searches "Hot Chip" on Google  No. Not the band. searches "Hot Chip food" instead...    Aaaaaaaa... 

Hope that Lin doesn't realize that. Because if she does, you're a dead man.

But if it ends up in that way, you ultimately win, as the burn was hotter than Magcargo's body. 

8 hours ago, KingInfernal said:

Probably 

Also, i'm the only one who hopes that  the devs choose this as Lin's theme?

I think it's perfect for her! Unless they choose an original theme...

Yeah I like the sound of either that or this as her theme, both made by Glitch and have an ominous feel to them, perfect for Lin.

• Hmm 1

1 hour ago, Logan_the_balalaika said:

Iirc during the map coloring stream Ame mentioned they picked track other than Giratina remix for Lin. Chairman's theme remix is a solid contender. No idea what it actually might be but I trust ours devs' choice. 

Feels like a missed opportunity imo but the music choice is almost always top notch so I can't really complain. If what Ame said is true then I'm putting my bets on the Cyrus Remix, assuming Glitch doesn't release a Volo remix. If we're lucky the Giratinia remix could still be used for when we catch it in the postgame

1 hour ago, Logan_the_balalaika said:

Iirc during the map coloring stream Ame mentioned they picked track other than Giratina remix for Lin. Chairman's theme remix is a solid contender. No idea what it actually might be but I trust ours devs' choice. 

Ok yeah you're right, found the clip and she said "I think you might prefer what we have for Lin instead" in regards to the Giratina remix. Assuming that they don't stray away from GlitchxCity, the Cyrus and Rose themes are probably the best contenders, or they could perhaps delve into the custom Rejuv themes (doubt it though).

1 hour ago, Bananacake887 said:

Ok yeah you're right, found the clip and she said "I think you might prefer what we have for Lin instead" in regards to the Giratina remix. Assuming that they don't stray away from GlitchxCity, the Cyrus and Rose themes are probably the best contenders, or they could perhaps delve into the custom Rejuv themes (doubt it though).

I've been going through a lot of Glitchx's remixes and if we're assuming its an already existing track I feel like the Final N remix could also be a contender, even if its not as dark or intimidating as the others

3 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

I feel like the Final N remix 

Hadn't this theme been used for Meteor Commanders in the previous versions before they switched to the current one? I think that might be the case. 

Also... I do not agree with Cyrus' or Rose's remixes being there as they are too... "calm".

The "motive" for Team Meteor's battle themes are that they start out peacefully, have rather slow build-up, then the truly energetic part comes up. The mentioned themes aren't bad by any means, but there is no... how should I say it.........

There isn't enough dynamic energy in them, ok? This is supposed to be the final battle; the final clash; for the sake of the universe, if not the Multiverse! The theme HAS TO reflect it! It would be a waste if the theme for Lin was "Gym Leader-like, but darker", and it would be truly anticlimactic. 

3 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

I've been going through a lot of Glitchx's remixes and if we're assuming its an already existing track I feel like the Final N remix could also be a contender, even if its not as dark or intimidating as the others

I am a fan of the N remix, but as Oscarus said it was previously the Meteor Admin theme, so I doubt they would make it Lin's theme although that doesn't mean that they could bring the theme back for another 'less important' battle.

13 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Also... I do not agree with Cyrus' or Rose's remixes being there as they are too... "calm".

The "motive" for Team Meteor's battle themes are that they start out peacefully, have rather slow build-up, then the truly energetic part comes up. The mentioned themes aren't bad by any means, but there is no... how should I say it.........

There isn't enough dynamic energy in them, ok? This is supposed to be the final battle; the final clash; for the sake of the universe, if not the Multiverse! The theme HAS TO reflect it! It would be a waste if the theme for Lin was "Gym Leader-like, but darker", and it would be truly anticlimactic. 

Personally I disagree and believe that the final showdown should have a more menacing, slow and 'calm' theme as I see it fitting for the New World field. For example, Arceus' theme in the main games somewhat follows this idea, and Arceus is considered to the God of pokemon; the final boss. Also, Lin seems to have a 'cool, calm and collected' persona, she never seems to lose her cool and has a degree of patience. Her theme would have to reflect more of her personality than the circumstances/environment of where she is fought. A more dynamic theme would be better suited to Sirius or even Solaris. Lin's theme would have to be somewhat dramatic, but yeah not necessarily 'dynamic and energetic'.

• Upvote 2

final showdown should have a more menacing, slow and 'calm' theme as I see it fitting for the New World field

I've never said it has to be "over-the-top" theme. But just something that doesn't have the tempo of a lullaby. Something that can actually hype you up. And the progression of hype in the themes of Team Meteor exists: Grunts -> Agents -> Admins/Commanders -> Solaris. 

I don't care what theme or remix does it sound like, but if doesn't suit at all... I might be a little frustrated, and load that frustration on the game, by trying to make Lin as much of a joke as possible. 

Also, Lin seems to have a 'cool, calm and collected' persona, she never seems to lose her cool and has a degree of patience.

You say that like you knew how she truly is. That is only her exterior behavior. Actually, it is unknown how she truly acts. That was a mystery back in the 1st Season, when Lin was the Champion. Amethyst has never said to anyone outside of the challengers who defeated her how actually she behaves. And since the personalities of the characters based on Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Champions of the POL are based on them (to some degree, because I doubt Titania and Saphira were actually killing people), after the final battle, we might see true Lin. 

She might be furious and throw temper tantrum, and keep blaming everyone and everything around... or she may be like "Wow, you're incredibly powerful. Good job, Trainer", and accept the loss. 

I want honestly to see that nice Lin just accepting the fate, and maybe becoming friends - despite her actions causing the death of hundreds, if not thousands - and see her in the postgame, maybe fighting even side-by-side. If you think that's impossible... Recall that Lin is particularly pleasant to Terra - the most chaotic and destructive of all Agents, and maybe one of the most hated (mainly for those who have to clean up her mess) 

5 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

What is Ace's backstory that we know of?

Other than he's lovable and chaotic goofball that might be one of the fan favorites next to Cain, Taka, Radomus and Shelly? 

Nothing, I think. But... I didn't know POL existed until it was long over. But some of the stories from it are depressing, tragic... and some completely hilarious 

There's a chance he is a completely unique character - based on no particular person, like ZEL, Sirius, Taka and Solaris 

12 hours ago, Oscarus said:

I've never said it has to be "over-the-top" theme. But just something that doesn't have the tempo of a lullaby. Something that can actually hype you up. And the progression of hype in the themes of Team Meteor exists: Grunts -> Agents -> Admins/Commanders -> Solaris. 

I don't care what theme or remix does it sound like, but if doesn't suit at all... I might be a little frustrated, and load that frustration on the game, by trying to make Lin as much of a joke as possible. 

I would say for the most part that Solaris' theme is a drop in 'hype' and energy from the Admin theme, and takes more of a calmer and more dramatic(probably why it's called "dramatic" ingame), which is fitting as Sirius is more ruthless and blood-thirsty than Solaris; who seems to be more calculated and humble(doesn't really work for the other two admins though).

12 hours ago, Oscarus said:

You say that like you knew how she truly is. That is only her exterior behavior. Actually, it is unknown how she truly acts. That was a mystery back in the 1st Season, when Lin was the Champion. Amethyst has never said to anyone outside of the challengers who defeated her how actually she behaves. And since the personalities of the characters based on Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Champions of the POL are based on them (to some degree, because I doubt Titania and Saphira were actually killing people), after the final battle, we might see true Lin. 

She might be furious and throw temper tantrum, and keep blaming everyone and everything around... or she may be like "Wow, you're incredibly powerful. Good job, Trainer", and accept the loss. 

I want honestly to see that nice Lin just accepting the fate, and maybe becoming friends - despite her actions causing the death of hundreds, if not thousands - and see her in the postgame, maybe fighting even side-by-side. If you think that's impossible... Recall that Lin is particularly pleasant to Terra - the most chaotic and destructive of all Agents, and maybe one of the most hated (mainly for those who have to clean up her mess) 

Even if it is only her exterior behaviour, we haven't seem her true self so you can't base something on an assumption. What if Lin's true personality is what we have seen; being the classic 'cool, calm and collected' cliché and then fucking Bangarang starts playing when we fight her. It would seem unfitting as loud and fast(which is what you implied 'hype' to be) isn't her style.

Lin seems to be knowledgeable about how events will carry out, likely as she can remember from the previous timeline much like Anna(dialogue from the Glass Workstation in one of the routes seems to prove this) and probably Shade. The MC seems to puzzle her, but she seems to have found a way to work around us to get her way(making us get the crystal keys). It all seems to be part of her plan in which she anticipates a final showdown. I would imagine that if her behaviour is only a facade, then it will remain until after we beat her, so I would feel as though her theme would have to reflect this. Her current overworld themes seem to be a slowed version of Solaris' battle theme, 'Majesty' and 'Paranoia'(although paranoia is more suited to the Devon Corp), and I'd say all three sway away from 'hype'.

• Upvote 3