Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

53 minutes ago, rumps said:

I normally agree with them on a decent amount of things but they shouldn't expect to be spoonfed everything in the game. It's not "bullshit" cause this isn't the first time it has happened, you have to prepare for the unexpected. This especially bothers me because it contradicts with Nappy's statement in his Dark Rising rant where he talks about not wanting to be spoiled, how he can come up against challenges that he faces and that's what he wants. 

"Don't spoil me I want to be surprised."
gets surprised

"F*CKING BULLSH!T!! How am I supposed to be prepared against this!?!"

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Alisae said:

The comment section is more entertaining then the actual episodes at this point

I probably should of done this instead of just dropping the series. At this point, while there will be some upsets and victories, I just predict the same crap is just going to happen again and again. It isn't entertaining at this point to keep the Nuzlocke up or watch it happen. Sure, certain things will happen, but I question one thing - are they having fun? Its hard to tell sometimes and I'm pretty sure I have confirmation bias at this point from it all. If anything, wouldn't it be better to swallow their pride and just end the Nuzlocke? At this point, it would be more enjoyable to come up with their own team compositions and strats to handle the gym leaders instead of going with whatever the game throws at em'; would probably provide for some better commentary as well. Have other opinions, but will leave that for later if it gets brought up again.

Should of said that a while back, but it feels nice to get that off my chest when coming back to see how the penta-op is doing. Anyways, grats to Twit and Nexus; might watch the episode, etc.

• Support Squad

In all fairness, with the Gym change Bennett does suddenly come out of left field. It used to be there was some forewarning, you weren't immediately suckered into a fight, you had to initiate by talking to him. It's also entirely fair to complain when the game made it seem very clear that it would be ice types you have to contend with and switching that out with Bennett effectively punishes them paying attention and trying prepare effectively. It's not like the impossible to predict meteor teams, you know in most meteor situations you will have something to contend with but you're not quite sure what it'll be and so you don't necessarily build a team one way or another, unlike Serra's gym where you're outright misled.

• Veterans
1 hour ago, Felix~ said:

In all fairness, with the Gym change Bennett does suddenly come out of left field. It used to be there was some forewarning, you weren't immediately suckered into a fight, you had to initiate by talking to him. It's also entirely fair to complain when the game made it seem very clear that it would be ice types you have to contend with and switching that out with Bennett effectively punishes them paying attention and trying prepare effectively. It's not like the impossible to predict meteor teams, you know in most meteor situations you will have something to contend with but you're not quite sure what it'll be and so you don't necessarily build a team one way or another, unlike Serra's gym where you're outright misled.

Not quite, Bug and Ice do share quite a few weaknesses so preparation for the latter actually comes in handy for the former, and its not like Bennets team is all that strong upon entry either, they're all set up sweepers that rely on quiver. 

2 hours ago, Azery then said:

Not quite, Bug and Ice do share quite a few weaknesses so preparation for the latter actually comes in handy for the former, and its not like Bennets team is all that strong upon entry either, they're all set up sweepers that rely on quiver. 

Wasn't there once dialogue where he states that he challenges all of his mum's challengers? Is that still in there?

21 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Wasn't there once dialogue where he states that he challenges all of his mum's challengers? Is that still in there?

are you talking before you enter the room? otherwise Im pretty sure no

3 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I know Bennett used to say that some point during Serra's gym session, when I forget...

Basically back when field effects weren't introduced, the whole Market scene was the same, but when you got inside El showed up and they all have a talk in which Serra says Bennett always challenges Serra's opponents before her in which you talk to Bennett and challenge him. Once you beat him, El asks Bennett to come with him outside and then you face Serra. Once you defeat her the scene outside takes place and that's the end of the episode.

It's honestly an RPG trope where an unexpected boss comes out and sometimes you end up challenging the big bad (such as Cackletta) way before you'd expect making for some quick thinking or changes. Unexpected bosses are to be expected...though sometimes it does go too far. Bennett definitely isn't that and he's very easy to underestimate. It's VERY unfair to criticize Bennett when this is the third time this thing has happened (Victoria in Shelly's Gym and Fern in Aya's Gym) so that's kind of to be expected. Kind of ironic Nappy saying this game is being unfair when he so reluctantly forces everyone to play with the nuzlocke setting because he either thinks the run is going to be boring or too easy.

I mean if you're really sick of watching this then don't watch it. Goodness I've just been reading this topic just for kicks and entertainment (only watching videos to sometimes see what the heck you're talking about). I'm not trying to self advertise here, but I could picture him coming back and instead of doing a nuzlocke trying the Redux version. Unfortunately I only have a dev build (able to add or modify things) so there's no playable E18 version yet. I mean he actually does try to use strategies but the nuzlocke rules and rare candy cheats do make their Pokemon so weak they die so quickly and easily creating an endless cycle.

19 minutes ago, Commander said:

Basically back when field effects weren't introduced, the whole Market scene was the same, but when you got inside El showed up and they all have a talk in which Serra says Bennett always challenges Serra's opponents before her in which you talk to Bennett and challenge him. Once you beat him, El asks Bennett to come with him outside and then you face Serra. Once you defeat her the scene outside takes place and that's the end of the episode.

It's honestly an RPG trope where an unexpected boss comes out and sometimes you end up challenging the big bad (such as Cackletta) way before you'd expect making for some quick thinking or changes. Unexpected bosses are to be expected...though sometimes it does go too far. Bennett definitely isn't that and he's very easy to underestimate. It's VERY unfair to criticize Bennett when this is the third time this thing has happened (Victoria in Shelly's Gym and Fern in Aya's Gym) so that's kind of to be expected. Kind of ironic Nappy saying this game is being unfair when he so reluctantly forces everyone to play with the nuzlocke setting because he either thinks the run is going to be boring or too easy.

It also happens before Kiki

31 minutes ago, Commander said:

I mean if you're really sick of watching this then don't watch it. Goodness I've just been reading this topic just for kicks and entertainment (only watching videos to sometimes see what the heck you're talking about). I'm not trying to self advertise here, but I could picture him coming back and instead of doing a nuzlocke trying the Redux version. Unfortunately I only have a dev build (able to add or modify things) so there's no playable E18 version yet. I mean he actually does try to use strategies but the nuzlocke rules and rare candy cheats do make their Pokemon so weak they die so quickly and easily creating an endless cycle.

The only things that really bugs me is some of the voices they give (Eclipse having a dude's voice for example) and Nexus being way too loud at times (he says some funny stuff but seems like he has a lack of indoor voice). I'm enjoying the series and am laughing at some of the shenanigans they get up to, at least it isn't several hours spent on one puzzle when the path ahead is kinda obvious. That caused me to shout at the screen when I watched Shofu do the Route 2 puzzle years ago. The series enjoyment has renewed for me when they brought in the revive rule.

Nappy will play either or as he is really enjoying this game despite his cries of "This is bullshit!", "This is ass!" or "That's busted!", etc.

4 hours ago, Commander said:

That's what I did at least three or four episodes ago? I just dropped on by the thread to see if anything has changed, hoped they decided to drop the arbitrary nuzlocke rule, but it seems they haven't. First thing I see when looking at the last few pages is someone unexpected overcoming adversity with someone else shouting bs because of whatever reason that happened. While Nappy does tend to utilize strats, some of the others aren't usually privy to the same exceptions due to a snowballing effect, save for the few times where it did sort of happen (looking at you Cain and the Wasteland). But yes, the nuzlocke and rare candy cheats don't do them too many favors. They lose a pokemon, lose all the training and need to play catch up, they utilize rare candies to get them up to speed, failing to iv train the pokemon up, they die, rinse and repeat, complaining or agonizing screams optional. Sometimes the cycle is broken, but albeit temporarily.

I do want to return to the series and watch em play the game out, but just in this state... bleh. I want someone to ask them if they're having fun. Like have a short talk about it all, etc.

4 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

The only things that really bugs me is some of the voices they give (Eclipse having a dude's voice for example) and Nexus being way too loud at times (he says some funny stuff but seems like he has a lack of indoor voice). I'm enjoying the series and am laughing at some of the shenanigans they get up to, at least it isn't several hours spent on one puzzle when the path ahead is kinda obvious. That caused me to shout at the screen when I watched Shofu do the Route 2 puzzle years ago. The series enjoyment has renewed for me when they brought in the revive rule.

Nappy will play either or as he is really enjoying this game despite his cries of "This is bullshit!", "This is ass!" or "That's busted!", etc.

Oh? When did they add that rule?

Also, he's enjoying the game... it's honestly hard to tell sometimes if they're enjoying it sometimes, especially Nappy at certain points.

I'm pretty sure Twit doesn't even Youtube anymore. He was a part of the UCL and these Penta-Ops but that's really it for him. 

I don't think Jay plays much anymore either. 

Mo definitely cares and I think likes the game, but his personality gets drowned out by everyone else. 

Nexus can be overwhelming but I love when he gets into "cheerleader" mode. As noted, Nappy is busy sulking while Nexus is right there trying to help Jay. 

• Support Squad
17 hours ago, Azery then said:

In a locke that's inherently really dangerous, you spend more time trying to keep your mons who can kill the bugs alive and in turn that opens up an opportunity to do that sweep. Fair enough for the type similarities.

7 hours ago, Savo said:

That's what I did at least three or four episodes ago? I just dropped on by the thread to see if anything has changed, hoped they decided to drop the arbitrary nuzlocke rule, but it seems they haven't. First thing I see when looking at the last few pages is someone unexpected overcoming adversity with someone else shouting bs because of whatever reason that happened. While Nappy does tend to utilize strats, some of the others aren't usually privy to the same exceptions due to a snowballing effect, save for the few times where it did sort of happen (looking at you Cain and the Wasteland). But yes, the nuzlocke and rare candy cheats don't do them too many favors. They lose a pokemon, lose all the training and need to play catch up, they utilize rare candies to get them up to speed, failing to iv train the pokemon up, they die, rinse and repeat, complaining or agonizing screams optional. Sometimes the cycle is broken, but albeit temporarily.

I do want to return to the series and watch em play the game out, but just in this state... bleh. I want someone to ask them if they're having fun. Like have a short talk about it all, etc.

Oh? When did they add that rule?

Also, he's enjoying the game... it's honestly hard to tell sometimes if they're enjoying it sometimes, especially Nappy at certain points.

I know, I said that Nappy is enjoying the game. I was saying to Commander that Nappy may choose to play Redux or normal Reborn as he's living loving the game.

I think they added in the rule the episode before the Bennett one.

Nappy likes the game overall.

He's said himself in that Dark Rising Order video the only fight he really feels was BS so far was the Shade fight due to the crit at the start

In the actual moment he will yell about misfortune and getting swept when it happens, but after that he doesn't hold it against the game.

The Great wall of Serra did her job
if twit gave percy a seed and lead off with him he would have destroyed her same with jay and klinklang
also rip to all those relationship points with Serra

just show no fear and you win

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Mo being the Smart Boy that he is and hitting up them X-Items tho.

I dont think they have enough stickers to get to them now so they better use them wisely