[Town Wins!] Danganronpa: Life Keeps Killing Mafia

L'Belle

Guest Sparkin'

That is not my reasoning, at all. 

Now that Mr. Knightly has revealed himself as the Jester, it is very likely that the mafia won't kill him, and that is because his win condition is to be lynched, which they'll use later on. What I'm talking about is LyLo. If Mr. Knightly is still alive in a situation that we can't lynch wrong, he'll team up with the mafia to get himself lynched, and that's why it is good to lynch him now than later.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't say I'm a fan of this position. While we could (and, judging by the votes so far, probably will) just give Mr. Knightly what he wants, I don't see much reason for us to do so at such an early juncture. The only way Mr. Knightly wins is by being lynched; this early in the game, that's something only town can provide. Instead of just handing out a free win, I think we ought to ask for some cooperation in return for the eventual lynch. Lynches are the town's primary resource for self defense. It would be best if we shifted the odds in our favor early by lynching some members of the mafia. Then, later, when we're looking for the last couple of members, it won't be such a sacrifice for us to use a lynch on Mr. Knightly.

Guest Sparkin'

Instead of providing me with a reason to believe you, you are asking me to give up on suspecting you.

@Eviora if we don't lynch Knightly today, the vigilante has no reason not to kill him during the night, as it's more probable he'll side with mafia when the game reaches the later stages. Their ability is to take the attention away from scum, focus it on himself and get lynched.

Since there is no drawback for town from lynching him, I say we keep our options open. Not everyone has posted yet, but it's unlikely we have something solid. If we do, we follow that. If not, then it's safer to remove the jester than mindlessly lynch someone who could have been town, and thus useful in the future. 

• Veterans

I'm in favor of Evi's point.

@NickCrash Sure, the vigilante would technically have no reason not to kill him, but the vigilante wouldn't have a reason to kill him either. There's really no advantage for anyone to kill the jester- with the exception of the jester. In some ways it's almost detrimental for the town to kill him since it gives the mafia more time to kill off the town, and it'd mean the mafia would have a larger share of the vote- which is pretty much what Evi said.

I'd be a little more suspect of the people who were more than happy to get rid of him right away.

• Global Mods

Thing is, if we don't lynch him now (and if the vigilante doesn't kill him), if we keep lynching townies or if the vigilante keeps killing townies, it's gonna end up in lylo very fast.

@NickCrash Yeah I would rather not get shot if possible, I would appreciate the win so thanks for the support!

@LykosHand Normally I would use a different method as well but since the mayor offered to lynch the jester I thought trying to get lynched was safer then maybe dying tonight.

@Paul25 I would appreciate the vote bro, but I won't blame you if you don't vote me.

@Candy 

How do you kill a blue elephant? 
With a blue elephant gun. 

How do you kill a white elephant? 
With a white elephant gun. 
How do kill a pink elephant? 
Hold its nose until it turns blue and shoot it with a blue elephant gun. 

Why do elephants wear blue sneakers? 
Because the red ones are in the laundry. 

Why do elephants wear green sneakers? 
So they can hide in the grass. 
Why do elephants hide in the grass? 
To trip ants as they walk by. 

Why do elephants climb trees? 
To try out their new sneakers. 

Why did the elephant float down the river upside down? 
He didn't want to get his sneakers wet. 

ALSO!!!!

A bear walks into a bar and says "Give me a whiskey and.... Cola" The bartender says "Why the big pause?" The bear responds "I don't know. I was born with them".

@NickCrash You're contradicting yourself now. If the jester gets killed by the vigilante, they won't be able to side with the mafia. Also, even if they *did* choose to side with the mafia, they wouldn't know who the mafia is any better than we do.

• Global Mods

"Venus and Nicki are having their first pubic fight."

Uhh........... 😓

issa joke fam, we gucci

Also yeah, Caimie. It's weird and certainly wouldn't get you lynched in TOS... but hey, if people want to lynch the jester rather than find mafia members..... idk.

Rip Ali, we lost the Doctor 😞 😢 

Umm, Knightly role claims as Jester. 🤔

I doubt whether he's being sincere this time or not.

For all I know, Knightly prefers fake role claiming but this time Idts that's the case. I am unable to comprehend any reason which may contradict his role claim.

Therefore, maybe He's being sincere this time. 🙂 

Knightly's could be a friendly third party for us townie and thus, I'm inclined to vote him.

Also, It's better to lynch a third party who can assist us for the rest of the game than to mislynch a townie, which occurs mostly.

Eliminate: Mr. Knightly

However, Vote is subject to change given that somehow we come across a potential Mafiaso.

7 hours ago, Candy said:

I haz no night action so I can only stand bacc and watch rip

But I'm actually a bad smol candy so I won't vote le jester :maniacal: 😈

You can discuss though and reveal your hidden intentions.

7 hours ago, Venus said:

Y'all. Listen up.

Now that Mr. Knightly has revealed himself as the Jester, it is very likely that the mafia won't kill him, and that is because his win condition is to be lynched, which they'll use later on. What I'm talking about is LyLo. If Mr. Knightly is still alive in a situation that we can't lynch wrong, he'll team up with the mafia to get himself lynched, and that's why it is good to lynch him now than later.

Now, to the 2 young ladies who have denied this, I am fairly confident that you have discussed this in the mafia chat to save the Mr. Knightly lynch for later when it is needed, which makes me confident that Candy and purplecicada are mafia.

So, either you or Mr. Knightly goes to heaven today~ 403295147892277249.png?v=1

I don't really think they'd have discussed it in scum chat that they'll be saving a Knightly lynch for later, but I find their CWAC posts quite suspicious.

6 hours ago, Eviora said:

I can't say I'm a fan of this position. While we could (and, judging by the votes so far, probably will) just give Mr. Knightly what he wants, I don't see much reason for us to do so at such an early juncture. The only way Mr. Knightly wins is by being lynched; this early in the game, that's something only town can provide. Instead of just handing out a free win, I think we ought to ask for some cooperation in return for the eventual lynch. Lynches are the town's primary resource for self defense. It would be best if we shifted the odds in our favor early by lynching some members of the mafia. Then, later, when we're looking for the last couple of members, it won't be such a sacrifice for us to use a lynch on Mr. Knightly.

I'd agree with this, but I don't think we should sacrifice a lynch for Mr. Knightly.

5 hours ago, NickCrash said:

@Eviora if we don't lynch Knightly today, the vigilante has no reason not to kill him during the night, as it's more probable he'll side with mafia when the game reaches the later stages. Their ability is to take the attention away from scum, focus it on himself and get lynched.

Since there is no drawback for town from lynching him, I say we keep our options open. Not everyone has posted yet, but it's unlikely we have something solid. If we do, we follow that. If not, then it's safer to remove the jester than mindlessly lynch someone who could have been town, and thus useful in the future. 

I think it's better to discuss more about whom we think is mafia and proceed to lynch them. There's a good chance that we'd be lynching town given the number of players we have right now, but it is essentially the better position because we'll be knowing where people stand through their votes and posts.

NGL I don't want Mr. Knightly to be lynched today. Instead, I request Mondo to kill him tonight. I don't see any benefit in lynching him now or later.

I'm not particularly favorable of how Nicki's posting a lot, but contributing very little. It seems like she's trying to blend in with town.

[Eliminate] purplecicada

1 hour ago, Paul25 said:

Rip Ali, we lost the Doctor 😞 😢 

Umm, Knightly role claims as Jester. 🤔

I doubt whether he's being sincere this time or not.

For all I know, Knightly prefers fake role claiming but this time Idts that's the case. I am unable to comprehend any reason which may contradict his role claim.

Therefore, maybe He's being sincere this time. 🙂 

Knightly's could be a friendly third party for us townie and thus, I'm inclined to vote him.

Also, It's better to lynch a third party who can assist us for the rest of the game than to mislynch a townie, which occurs mostly.

Eliminate: Mr. Knightly

However, Vote is subject to change given that somehow we come across a potential Mafiaso.

I think he's being sincere. Mafia doesn't outright claim Jester. It's basically suicide, knowing that the real Jester could claim and out his position.

Define "friendly" third party.

Also, you're contradicting here in the bolded portion. I don't see how lynching him now "assists us for the rest of the game".

Also, though mislynching a townie is a risk if we don't lynch Knightly, we all know that mislynches are a common occurrence in mafia games and we have to accept that. By understanding why the mislynch happened and looking at other people's intentions, we come up with better lynches for the next days.

Saying that your vote is subject to change once we come across another potential mafioso is not only lazy, but it feels like something mafia would say.

Suspecting you for this post.

It appears lots happened and I probs should toss in my two cents before I sleep and more posts pile up in the thread

If I'm not wrong, the game continues even if Knightly wins, right?

IMO the math is simple. Knightly is a third party, Nicki can still either be maf or town. I would much rather lynch a person confirmed not to be town than lynch someone that could still be either town or maf. Although Nicki and Candy are a little suspicious, a couple non-contributory messages aren't enough for me to want to risk it, because in the couple games I've played, I've seen quite a few of these posts, especially early in the game.

So why not give Knightly what he wants? It's not like lynching him hurts us.
[eliminate] Mr. Knightly

@Bok Choi

"It's not like lynching him hurts us."

I guess this idea is what's making everyone be complacent with lynching Knightly. It does hurt us. In what way? If we continue to just lynch Knightly, the discussion will only revolve around that and most will just place a vote without even bothering to talk. In the next day, we'll be right back where we started, with no reads and no direction to point at.

Sure, some players could discover something via their night actions, but we shouldn't rely on that. Mafia is a social deduction game after all, meaning, it is a game which relies on people talking with each other to solve the game.

As much as a few non-contributory posts aren't enough, they're still leading us somewhere and if we continue talking, we'll get to the right pace.

I do believe we should try to find mafia, but I wouldn't ask the vigilante to kill knightly; isn't it kinda mean? 

He's actually already helped us by reducing the number of possible blackened, I think we could return the favor...