Dev Blog | V11 Status Thread

Jan

Gonna butt in and say some people missed the point. This is meant to kind of be a discussion board so sometimes things will go off topic. Just try to keep it within reason and cut down the OMG percent hype posts. You can talk about progress but don't make like a three word post on it. That's not why this thread got locked...well the main reason.

Two of our mods had to constantly come in and delete posts or say to stop. If they say to stop, you stop and try your best to avoid doing so for a few days or even at all. Often times they will give warning points if you ignore them. Mods are users just like the rest of us and it isn't fair if they have to babysit a topic because people weren't willing to listen.

Anyways, the long wait is almost over but I am not sure if Rejuv will be out this year. Janny's been a good boy so he's getting lots of toys to play with.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mayflower896 said:

Considering the version’s title and its focus on Ren, what does everyone here think of him? He used to be quite hated...

i cant remember who Ren is but i doubt he is worth hating if i cant even remember him

4 minutes ago, CarssingBug325 said:

he is youre rival who betrayed you for team Xen ( im sorry if i spoiled anything to anyone i dont know how to hide it )

so basically not important enough to be worth hating also you can create spoiler boxes with the picture of an eye just keep going right from the big B which is the Bold button

41 minutes ago, Mayflower896 said:

Considering the version’s title and its focus on Ren, what does everyone here think of him? He used to be quite hated...

Ren started out ok

But his motive to turn is....

It's not very good.

For those of you who don't remember Ren joined Xen because the player fulfilled his dream of getting his town to stop being secluded and be more accepting of outsides

Except Ren wanted to do that himself and got upset when the player did it for him

And apparently the next step from there was for Ren to join Xen

Basically Ren's motive for ending up as an antagonist isn't good and he hasn't really done much as one

I may be forgetting something, but I'm pretty sure that's why Ren isn't very liked.

6 minutes ago, uberle said:

Ren started out ok

It's not very good.

For those of you who don't remember Ren joined Xen because the player fulfilled his dream of getting his town to stop being secluded and be more accepting of outsides

Except Ren wanted to do that himself and got upset when the player did it for him

Basically Ren's motive for ending up as an antagonist isn't good and he hasn't really done much as one

I may be forgetting something, but I'm pretty sure that's why Ren isn't very liked.

I saw it more as the player crushed what little he had going in his life which Crescent set him on a new one answering at least one of his questions. He wanted something from Xen which I presume was reviving the dead and...I think you can piece together what happened. He's only still there because he has nowhere else to go.

26 minutes ago, uberle said:

Ren started out ok

It's not very good.

The only additional context we have is that Crescent tells Ren shortly before he joins is that “Anger is motivation” and then has a talk with him, which we don’t see. Given that Crescent appears to despise Xen, she probably had ulterior motives in manipulating the emotionally volatile and devastated Ren and convincing him to join. Hopefully we’ll see more about that in V11.

33 minutes ago, HippoSheep said:

I really want to see whats up with this whole tournament business. It was announced what 2 releases ago? 

As for the tournament, it is very likely that we won’t win it or even get to see its end. It’s possible that it was a ploy from the very beginning, or that we might be attacked.

Edited by Mayflower896

Ngl I'm a little more interested in Ren's sister, who has flitted in and out of the game, first by mention from Ren's mother, and next she's appeared during Mt.Valor and conveniently to help us (help is used loosely here) regarding the magma stone. so I'm more curious about what she'll do in upcoming releases, especially in relation to the fact she's never around when Ren is. Also since Ren's never mentioned her, not even in relation to his dream and goal for as long as he was an ally to us. So I'm kinda hoping we'll get more on that soon.

also 98% you mean person Jan we love you.

2 minutes ago, Campanella said:

I just wanna conclude Nim/Lora's thing going on, I hate having to fight one of the game's multitude of Best Girl's ;-;

Also Interceptor and Melia lore would be a great addition to this wonderful Christmas gift 

I feel like nim/lorna's a v12 or she's one of the four traitors but she's set up like one of the four lights thing, unfortunately. I just want to see her meet MC again.

Lore would be fantastic right about now. Considering the state of Nim/Lorna and Alexandra's whole thing, we really need some info on that. Are they protecting Nim? Are they sealing her? what is the tribe exactly?

44 minutes ago, Mayflower896 said:

The only additional context we have is that Crescent tells Ren shortly before he joins is that “Anger is motivation” and then has a talk with him, which we don’t see. Given that Crescent appears to despise Xen, she probably had ulterior motives in manipulating the emotionally volatile and devastated Ren and convincing him to join. Hopefully we’ll see more about that in V11.

I think Ren just joined team Xen as a double agent in order to help Crescent with whatever plan she's cooking up and it probably involves something massive like saving the world. With the protagonist solving the situation in his town, Ren would jump at the opportunity to outdo him by doing something way bigger like stopping team Xen.