The 'That Feel When' topic

Amethyst

TFW your 11 year old family friend challenges you to a Pokemon TCG game then proceeds to inform you that she doesn't play with energy or trainer cards so you just use whatever attacks you want. This was already insane enough until she brings out her Scrafty with 540 HP and her Thunderus with 11000 HP. I resisted telling her the cards were fake at first, but eventually I did. She didn't believe me.

• Upvote 2

TFW you are reminded of the existence of the TCG.

Anecdote: I used to play the Pokémon card game when I was in...Grade 6 and 7, I think? I had a box for the cards. One day I found a large mantis, and put it in that box instead. I remember asking a classmate of mine to open it...her reaction and the general pandemonium in class was priceless.

Iirc the thing even went down someone's shirt...

Tfw I would have preferred to wake up groggy and gone swimming for an hour while tired than to sleep through my alarm and wake up to a nightmare about getting attacked by a giant great white shark. A killer whale tried to save me but it may have taken a fatal wound in the process.