Hurt and Heal: Starter Pokemon Lines (Winner: Piplup with 18(!) points)

Jess

I believe Fire starters are a bit unpopular due to reasons not concerning the type as a whole. Tepig, for example, was received extremely bad because it's a fire fighting starter (I've ranted about disliking emboar just because it's that typing in the past and won't again). Charizard is overhyped by many people which easily leads to annoyance, Blaziken can either be a let-down in design or you hate fighting it. Delphox can be underwhelming compared to the other gen 6 starters and Incineroar... some hate it because it resembles a fighter, some because it's not walking on 4 legs and others (like @Jess) simply dislike the fact that it's edgy while they do accept what it's based on. Typholsion (one I personally kinda dislike) falls a little flat compared to all other fire starters because it's only a single typing and Infernape is by some considered to be a discount Blaziken.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reality though, Blaziken is a discount Infernape... Infernape has superior design, superior moveset, better stats... Only worse thing is the ability.

I understand why Incineroar is Dark type (it's a wrestler, and wrestlers tend to not fight fairly... let's pick up a chair and beat the referee now), but I don't like the repetition. I believe that this is the main reason that Fire starters are the least favoured by the public. Cause we have 4 fighter-oriented Fire types, which gets tiring.

I also think that all starters' final evolution should be dual type. Typhlosion is the bloody "Volcano pokemon". Nobody knows why it isn't a Ground/Fire.

Also, nobody knows why Meganium isn't a Psychic/Grass. Samurott a Fighting/Water.

13 minutes ago, Jess said:

In reality though, Blaziken is a discount Infernape... Infernape has superior design, superior moveset, better stats... Only worse thing is the ability.

I understand why Incineroar is Dark type (it's a wrestler, and wrestlers tend to not fight fairly... let's pick up a chair and beat the referee now), but I don't like the repetition. I believe that this is the main reason that Fire starters are the least favoured by the public. Cause we have 4 fighter-oriented Fire types, which gets tiring.

I also think that all starters' final evolution should be dual type. Typhlosion is the bloody "Volcano pokemon". Nobody knows why it isn't a Ground/Fire.

Also, nobody knows why Meganium isn't a Psychic/Grass. Samurott a Fighting/Water.

Hmm GameFreak could answer some of those issues if they made Mega Evolutions for all the starters at some point. A Water/Dragon Feraligatr would also be pretty cool. I see Meganium more as a fairy type and Samurott as Steel though because of some elements in their design.

I never really saw meganium as anything but a pure grass type. the only things it really gets that shout 'psychic' are the two screens it gets through leveling, magic coat through tutoring, and heal pulse as an egg move. fairy is even worse- it gets straight-up no fairy moves, not even dazzling gleam.

Meganium should be Psychic in my opinion just because of its disposition, Psychic type support moves and Pokedex entries about how its breath revives dead plants, how it's scent soothes aggressiveness, etc.

Anyways, it deserves to be Psychic WAY more than Exeggute/Exeggutor. The only Psychic aspect of that thing is that it transforms from eggs into coconuts.

5 minutes ago, Jess said:

Meganium should be Psychic in my opinion just because of its disposition, Psychic type support moves and Pokedex entries about how its breath revives dead plants, how it's scent soothes aggressiveness, etc.

Anyways, it deserves to be Psychic WAY more than Exeggute/Exeggutor. The only Psychic aspect of that thing is that it transforms from eggs into coconuts.

True, Exeggutor, from my viewpoint, is more of a Grass/Ground type.

Current standings:

Bulbasaur: 26

Cyndaquil: 27

Totodile: 22

Mudkip: 22

Turtwig: 16

Chimchar: 9

Piplup: 23

Snivy: 14

Oshawott: 17

Chespin: 20

Fennekin: 13

Froakie: 12

Rowlet: 19

Litten: 6

Popplio: 22

Edit: figured I'd post them since the topic is one again derailing.

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Milotic is the most beautiful, Gardevoir the most Graceful and Primarina is a nice combination of both. not as good as either of them, but good enough :)

And then you realise that the 3 Pokemons you raised are actually males, and start wondering why though.

Not gonna say they can't be males, but sometimes locked gender works better for specific Pokemons.

Let's start giving Cyndaquill a headstart into this game and make the opposition weaker :)

#TeamCyndaquill (and Mudkip)

Bulbasaur: 24

Cyndaquil: 28

Mudkip: 22

Chimchar: 9

Piplup: 23

Popplio: 22

39 minutes ago, HAWmaro said:

That might be true about exeggutor but I still don't see meganium being anything other than a pure grass type IMO.

It's similar to Venusaur design-wise. I never really understood why Venusaur is Poison type as well, since it only learns Poison Powder by level-up, Sludge by breeding and Toxic (no big deal, everything learns it), Venoshock and Sludge Bomb by TM. 

But anyways, these are just opinions. I still think that Meganium would be way more relevant if it learned Mirror Coat too and was Psychic type.

Tch everyone is killing my favorite starters. Must take measures.

Mudkip: 23

Chimchar: 10

Piplup: 21

Popplio: 20

33 minutes ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

And then you realise that the 3 Pokemons you raised are actually males, and start wondering why though.

Not gonna say they can't be males, but sometimes locked gender works better for specific Pokemons.

for Gardevoir, it makes 100% sense that it can be male. It's based on a robed mage in RPG's, just like Delphox

2 minutes ago, Dartu-san said:

Tch everyone is killing my favorite starters. Must take measures.

Mudkip: 23

Chimchar: 10

Piplup: 21

Popplio: 20

Never once has a Popplio voter hurt Chimchar. you're attacking the wrong one

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

for Gardevoir, it makes 100% sense that it can be male. It's based on a robed mage in RPG's, just like Delphox

Never once has a Popplio voter hurt Chimchar. you're attacking the wrong one

I'm sorry I'm not keeping track of specifics I'm just voting against one of the starter lines I feel more meh about xD

8 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

It makes sense for Delphox, but Gardevoir is in my opinion nowhere near a robed Mage in RPG's. But that's just my opinion.

Also plus the addition of Mega Gardevoir it doesn't make sense to have a male Gardevoir

Edited by CrimsonDragon21

9 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

It really doesn't, let's be honest. It's not a robe, it's a white dress. And wearing a green top with cleavage.