Pokemon Nicknames

Dragoknight

On 7-1-2018 at 8:09 PM, Dragoknight said:

And a nickname I made in Reborn for Hawlucha is Hawk Hogan, the greatest wrestler of all time, brother!

Hulk Hogan's the worst c:

Let's see...

I got my Espeon named Shira that I got since Silver

Chibi the Salamence who I got since Ruby

Poseidon the Swampert cause, y'know, Greek Mythology

GateKeeper Sigilyph, ridicilously op and ftw

My competitive Rhydon was called The Don

Got me my Melia the Lilligant cause Xenoblade ftw

A female Mienshao called La Belle Épée which translates to "The Beautiful Sword"

22 hours ago, Synder said:

I FOUND THE THREAD OH MY GOD 

but yeah, its archived so. time to bring back some old gold:

Crustle: Lasagna

Avalogg: CoffeeTable

Goodra: Hallegooja

Bisharp: PowerRanger

Clawitzer: YNOTZOIDBERG

Diggersby: DIGGERSBYTHO

Bidoof: Paul let's see who here's been around long enough to get that reference ;)

Magmar: Titduck again. references.

Pidove: PowerfulStaraptor, obviously. won't fit the character limit but compromise.

Garbodor: Mr.Biggles. again. obvious.

Excadrill: Molester actually maybe not

Tangrowth: HentaiMonster yeahhhh maybe not this either

Porygon2: Donald.exe or Duck.exe

Garchomp: FairyBait

Skuntank: Pepe le Pew

Froslass: Elsa

Audino: idk

Conkeldurr: Mr Muscle

Zoroark: Not Zoroark

Carracosta: Crush

Amoongus: Goomba

Jellicent: Pringles

Thundurus(T): Shere Khan

Rotom-W: Washington

Gardevoir: LadyGarGar... or maybe GossipGardevoir if you're unoriginal

Metagross: Microsoft

Vanilluxe: Ben&Jerrys or literally any ice cream brand ever. 

Malamar: Squidward

Honchkrow: Al Capone

aaaactually you know what icba to copypaste all of these you guys can dive into the thread if you want the rest :D 

Paul, the Illegal Bidoof. Flying through the sky while letting out a Roar of Time

I always nickname my Luxray Killua,pretty constantly in every playthrough where I use him.(Killua from Hunter x Hunter)

I also name my Palossand Capone or Fire Tank if its female.( Capone "Gang" Bege,Captain of the Fire Tank Pirates from One Piece)

Those are the only Pokemon that I give a certain nickname for multiple Playthrough.

Charizard: Fallen God

Becuase of Mega Charizard X that looks like the brother of Mega Charizard Y that got corrupted ( or that decided to rebel against his brother because he was a dictator and thus was labelled evil ).

Sceptile: Calm

It just fits to me.

Blastoise: Turtle Mass

Heracross:HoneyDrunk

Because of the anime that ash's heracross would always try to succ the nectur out of bulbasaur ( slurp )

Swampert: Mad Fish

Metagross: 200 IQ ( League of Legends meme )

Lucario: Female:Hope Male:Will of Iron

Female one: because if you have a Lucario on your team you can still win.

Male one: I thought it was cool.

Chandelure: Love

Male or female because of the dialogue in rejuvenation V8.

Blaziken: Ablazed or Blazen

Magnezone:Eye of Metal

Aegishlash:Excalibur

Greninja:Hokage

Serperior:Joel

Gardevoir:Ellie

Luxray ( male ): Simba

Gengar: Gaspar

From the Gengar in Sinnoh region

Pikachu:Mousepad

Machamp:FourArms

From Ben 10

Infernape: Female:Oprah, Male:YoraFire or Harambo

The Female one from a justice league game for ps2 the male on from a verse in ERB ( yogafire ) and the meme ( harambe )

Torterra ( Female ): Earth-chan

From the meme

Shiny Goodra:Pink Guy

You already know why

Conkeldurr: Strongman

From Samson ( Reborn )

Brellom:Pothead

I have a few more nicknames but those are the ones i can remember right now.

I got into pokemon like a week ago, but I have the following nicknames.

Darkrai (fav pokemon): Reaper
Hydreigon (2nd fav pokemon): Hades

Charizard: Infernal

Gallade: Don

Froslass: Jura

Luxray: Nightray

Tyranitar: Lark

Ariados: Sulven

Haunter: Phantom

Note: All male names except Jura (and reaper since it's kind of gender neutral)

On 1/7/2018 at 2:38 PM, Rainlove said:

I always give Nicknames lol It makes me feel more connected to my team

Capture.JPG.c078de7e263a220cdb57009804062460.JPG

Lady Oscar? You're my new favorite Reborn community hooman xD

For me, I give them nicknames always but I keep a "theme". Once I did manga/anime characters, another time I did names of flowers, and yet another, constellations, etc.

Edited by Candy

On 1/18/2018 at 7:25 AM, Candy said:

Lady Oscar? You're my new favorite Reborn community hooman xD

For me, I give them nicknames always but I keep a "theme". Once I did manga/anime characters, another time I did names of flowers, and yet another, constellations, etc.

Sweety~ Thank you!

Rose of Versailles was one of my favorite Animes when I was like 7 years old. Lady Oscar is such a noble character, and a female Aegislash is like the perfect Pokemon for her.

These nicknames never change in any playthroughs

Raichu-Alola: Cakes
Emboar: Bacon God
Rotom-Mow: Grass Munch
Charizard: Either Hamilton or Zippo depending if it's physical or special respectively
Mamoswine : T H I C C
Muk: Boogy
Muk-Alola: Mr./Mrs. Rainbow depending on gender
Swanna: Dolan
Conkeldurr: Pennywise
Torkoal: Raphael
Eelektross: Scoopa
Aegislash/Doublade: Hexcalibur
Zoroark: Surprise
Venusaur: Rivy
Staraptor: Piwerkflu

Most of the time, I try to go with a theme, naming mons after characters in a particular series, but otherwise...

Blaziken is always "foghorn leg" after Foghorn Leghorn, Cartoon Rooster

Garchomp is always Ryouko ever since it was pointed out to me that Mega Gar is an identical upgrade to the one Ryouko used to beat Gamagori.

Magnezone tends to be ZEL, because Reborn spoilers lol

Alolan Muk is "Billious Slick" after a frog in homestuck that was also a universe and also because it's based on an oil slick

Ironically, Metagross is my favorite pokemon, but I've yet to come up with a nickname I really like. Maybe Wintermute, after the AI in Nueromancer?

I personally try to nickname the majority of pokes I get, though many are sort of on-the-spot and lame. Still, there are some diamonds in the rough, so let's focus on those!

Breloom (Male): Yoshi Rex <Similar body type, and shared stretchy bits. Besides, the mushroom cap looks a bit like headwear, right?>

Breloom (female): Jabbers <Am I the only one who's always found this species' arms to be mildly humorous?>

Grovyle: Sliver <A reference to the bladed monsters in MTG; decidedly less applicable as a sceptile, though>

Kyurem (White): Fuelado <The Spanish words for fire and ice, combined in a somewhat awkward package... kinda like the pokemon itself!>

Porygon Z: Program: Insufficient Number Generator <P:I.N.G. for short; RNG's always a pain the butt, so why not personify that?>

Cinccino (Male): McSwiffer <If you're gonna be a clean freak, might as well do it with style! Especially when you're cleaning up an absurd about of the game on your own *cough, solo'd black kyurem. cough*>

Luxray: Pride <7 Deadly Sins name to match the 'dark' design? Check! Big cat joke? Check! Is probably a trait among members of a Champion's team? Check! Simple, but effective, I'd say>

Girafarig: Palin <From 'palindrome', which the species name happens to be; also sounds like shorthand for 'paladin', which I find fitting after one took a Shadow Force to the (main) face, teaching me that Normal is immune to Ghost the hard way>

Milotic: Borealis <It's less stereotypical than Aurora, and more androgynous to boot>

Chimecho: Echologica <It's got the words echo and logic in it, hitting both its theme and its Type, while sounding not English. Worth it? Maybe>

Cradily: Matte <From 'stromatolite', which I though might have some connection to the design. I mean, they're both ancient plant-like entities that are actually quite stony, so it's not that much a stretch, right?>

Vileplume (Female): Eufloria <Kinda cheesy, mayhaps, but that's vileplume for ya. She was named before I found out that she had a Naughty Nature, though...>
Sharpedo: Slavedos <While the first one's name stemmed from being my second HM slave for the file, I couldn't help but like how the name came out. I'll just tell the successors that it has 'slaver' as the root word and they'll be nonethewiser! ...Hopefully>

Probopass (Female): Ms. Impasse <Mr. Potato Head joke combined with a jab at her overly-defensive nature. Not that I have a problem with tanks, myself!>

Tynamo: WishiNotMe <Am I the only one who thinks this guy and wishiwashi's Solo form look similar?>

Wishiwashi: Mr. Wishes <As in, he wishes he were stronger on his own. Still doin' better than magikarp, at least>

Drifblim: Hindenburg <A century later isn't 'too soon', right?>

Gourgeist (Supersized, Male): Squashen <Is what he's hopefully doin'! There's also the obvious pun aspect, but oh well>

...That turned out to be longer than I initially anticipated. My bad!