Character Redemption

waynejoker251

So, we had a lot of antagonists in the game so far. Which characters do you think will (or will not) have a redemption?

So my thoughts on all the antagonists so far:

ZEL - Maybe, most likely no. ZEL already lost Lumi and Eve. If Taka dies too then I think there might be a chance that he resigns since him and Taka are pretty close.

Taka - Yes. His death in the Reshiram route is a kind of redemption imo, not sure about the Zekrom route though I personally think that Taka is destined to die no matter what.

Sirius - Hell no. He's like a warlord thirsty for victory. Most of the time these warlords don't have a good ending.

Solaris - Yes. I think that Lin's death will have something to do with Solaris.

Lin - No. 

Cal - He already had his redemption.

Aster & Eclipse - I don't see Aster resigning from Team Meteor but I think he'll continue helping the player secretly.

Terra - No. I don't think we'll see her again.

Dr. Sigmund - No. He's creepy.

Blake - Yes? Taka's death should have an impact on Blake because Blake took care of Taka when he was younger. 

Fern - Yes. Despite nobody liking Fern, I have a feeling that Fern will die pretty dramatically and unexpectedly.

El - Yes. He's loyal to Solaris and if Solaris has a redemption, so will El.

Bennett - No. Screw Bennett no one likes him.

So yeahhh, I would like to know other people's thoughts on character redemption too.

Spoiler

I believe Taka's and Zel's story should be under spoiler tag.

As for redemption,

We don't even know Team Meteor is whether good or evil,

But i am game anyway

Sirius is a boring character,i don't think he will have a huge impact on the game besides battling,

I always believed Solaris was good,but it's just a hunch,i have no strong claims or arguments about that one,I think he is overly ambitious and trying to save his family legacy as he told us under the stairs,

Lin and us could be working together,or we could be the same person,or even better Ame could be Lin,so no redemption on this one,as Lin has some ulterior motives,she can't be superficial-one dimensional character like Ame wants us to believe,

Fern:I believe him,he would pull Ichimaru Gin or Severus Snape Level redemption on us,i just want to believe that ~ he can't be that bad.

Aster is insignificant imho,he's done his part as a side character

I suspect Blake would surprise me but we don't know much about him yet not enough at least~

As for El,I believe he will shine in the next episodes,the story hints so many things about re-creating world and Arceus so El could be much more significant than he already is.

35 minutes ago, waynejoker251 said:

Aster & Eclipse - I don't see Aster resigning from Team Meteor but I think he'll continue helping the player secretly.

Didn't it kind of imply he quit after he visited Eclipse's father and talked with the player again?  Or am I remembering wrong?

I'm pretty sure that Terra will pop out of that computer sometime, though what she will do is anyone's guess........doubt she would care too much either way, as long as it's interesting.

7 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Didn't it kind of imply he quit after he visited Eclipse's father and talked with the player again?  Or am I remembering wrong?

I'm pretty sure that Terra will pop out of that computer sometime, though what she will do is anyone's guess........doubt she would care too much either way, as long as it's interesting.

Spoiler

There is a theory that our character,Lin and Terra are the same person,simply because they can alter the reality.

30 minutes ago, Thundermaze said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I believe Taka's and Zel's story should be under spoiler tag.

As for redemption,

We don't even know Team Meteor is whether good or evil,

But i am game anyway

Sirius is a boring character,i don't think he will have a huge impact on the game besides battling,

I always believed Solaris was good,but it's just a hunch,i have no strong claims or arguments about that one,I think he is overly ambitious and trying to save his family legacy as he told us under the stairs,

Lin and us could be working together,or we could be the same person,or even better Ame could be Lin,so no redemption on this one,as Lin has some ulterior motives,she can't be superficial-one dimensional character like Ame wants us to believe,

Fern:I believe him,he would pull Ichimaru Gin or Severus Snape Level redemption on us,i just want to believe that ~ he can't be that bad.

Aster is insignificant imho,he's done his part as a side character

I suspect Blake would surprise me but we don't know much about him yet not enough at least~

As for El,I believe he will shine in the next episodes,the story hints so many things about re-creating world and Arceus so El could be much more significant than he already is.

The spoiler tag is not necessary, we only had spoiler lock till 1/1/2018.

.... Aaaaand we seriously need to stop with the theories saying that Lin is another character of the game (protag or Ame as said before), it doesn't make sense, especially since we know that there WAS a kid named Lin in the orphanage that was friends with Terra. (it's obvious that something happened with Lin but let's not get into that)

1 minute ago, seki108 said:

Yeah, I remember the same.

39 minutes ago, Vanitas said:

taka isnt dead right?

just very badly wounded

Is this some negation that I'm hearing~? 

These are purely speculations of course,

I did not say i believe them,these are just existing theories,

Terra is a stretch i admit,but about the MC,nothing is clear,some parts are fitting some parts are not,even we as a player don't know much about our own motives,i always suspected we already knew the plan of Team Meteor,that's why we weren't told,we were told so easily why they are after jewelries but not this,and there is this prophecy thing going on 'Where a future we never existed'' neverthless these are just theories,but they are always fun  to talk about.

Edited by Thundermaze

but about the MC,nothing is clear,some parts are fitting some parts are not,even we as a player don't know much about our own motives,i always suspected we already knew the plan of Team Meteor,that's why we weren't told,we were told so easily why they are after jewelries but not this,and there is this prophecy thing going on 'Where a future we never existed'' neverthless these are just theories,but they are always fun  to talk about.

@Thundermaze
But we do know our motives, we initially came to Reborn to challenge the league and then became involved in stopping Team Meteor, plus any other personal motives the player has themselves. Notice that besides the personal motives these motives match what most people came to do in Pokemon Reborn, as the player character is supposed to be the player. The avatars were never implied to be like Link or Samus, so doing this would ruin immersion and IMO be a bad plot twist.

As for the topic,

ZEL - Likely as I think the Pulse Magnazone with the last of it's life separated them, Lumi and Eve are probably somewhere safe, away from Team Meteor

Taka -  Yes, as I feel he will be vital in redeeming his father.

Sirius - No, he deserves to be tortured for eternity.

Solaris - Hopefully, he originally was a good man.

Lin - No. 

Cal - Already had his redemption.

Aster & Eclipse - Yes.

Terra - Maybe?

Dr. Sigmund - No.

Blake -  No.

Fern - No.

El - Out of all of the more questionable characters he is the one I have the most hope for as not only does he have relationship points and is a Elite Four member but Lin's plan will force him to chose between his god or Team Meteor and I can't see this man of faith doing the latter.

Bennett - I like Bennett. ;_; Seriously though I would say yes.

Zel - I think he will might end up totaly insane. Does it count as redemption?

Solaris - Maybe? At least in Reshiram route?

Lin - Haha. No.

Aster - I'm pretty sure that he resigned from Team Meteor.

Dr. Sigmund - Maybe. He is curious one. I belive that he actualy belives that everything he does was in good intention. I feel Lin is only one he regrets, and she what he did to her hunts him.

Thats why he creeps around Lin, not just curiousity but also guilt. I think he might realize in the end, that he fucked up.

Blake - I hope not. He didn't care about people starving in Ametrine. He is really just selfish asshole >_< 

Fern - Yes. We learned in E15 that his behaviour is probably linked to his sister acting like Robot. You can see how emotional he got(probably only once in entire game), when she didn't care about him getting killed in E15 by Meteor. Rini also said that she would follow him and try to change him. Sooo i feel it actualy might happen. 

El - No, but I don't belive he needs one. He deeply belives in what he does it just doesn't sound right for me, for him to reedem. 

Bennett - I think he already changed a bit (as suggested by taka)

Cal, Aster and Taka are already redeemed in my eyes, so I'll skip them.

ZEL - No, but it really depends if Zero can keep going after being separated from Lumi and Eve. Taka said ZEL was suppose to be keeping tabs on him and after what happened in the Reshiram path...Yeah, he either went insane or moved on but now has to deal with an angry Solaris.
Sirius - lol no, I will just be surprised if he gets any redeeming qualities going forward.
Solaris - Yeah, I have hope for him. Taka may be bias because he's his father and all, but I believed him when he said his father isn't all that bad.
Afterall, all of Meteor's extreme methods to drive the people out of Reborn city didn't occur until Lin took control.
Lin and Terra - Anything is possible when it comes to these two, literally.
Dr. Sigmund - Maybe, but he needs a HUGE reality check first, and even then I don't think Saphira will ever let him walk on Reborn or whatever is left of it, ever.
Blake - Ehhh no, I'm fine with what ever is coming to him after what happened in Ametrine. I know he doesn't believe in any of Team Meteor's goals, but he'll never care about anything beyond his own self interests.
Fern - Yes. It would be such a waste if Fern never gets any of his issues even somewhat resolved. I at least expect an encore of what happened at fiore mansion, but with an actual talk between him and Florinia.
El - Not sure, he's wild card.

Bennet - Yes. He's not evil just really misguided. Serra is also on her way to slap some sense back into him so there's that.

ZEL - Will stay with Team Meteor. He probably blames us for losing Eve and Lumi.

Taka - On the inside he's a good guy and with the reshiram path, I think he got his redemption. On Zekrom route, I believe he will repay us for battling him in WTC.

Sirius - Sirius.. is enigmatic. I think he has a more, personal motive for why he is doing the things he is doing. Yet, maybe there is no redemption for him. I just see him as a villian, plain and simple.

Solaris - 50/50 He has good intentions and probably a good heart, but he is selfish. 

Lin - ...................... 

Cal - Redeemed. 

Aster & Eclipse - Aster x Eclipse = Redeemed

Terra - We WILL see Terra again. That can't be the last of her. She is the most bizzaro character out there. I will RAGE if we don't get answers.

Dr. Sigmund - I think not.  He will pay the price for the sins he committed with his ECT patients, especially the Belrose family.

Blake - It all depends on Cal.

Fern - Fern... just kill this boy. Of course I joke. Fern the little brat that he is (especially when he called Corey dumb for committing suicide) I feel that he'll be good in the end. Florinia may have an impact on his nearing climax.

El - His loyalty rest on Arceus, so it is in Arceus' will it depends.

Bennett - Can't say. I know he's a good boy but it will fall upon Luna. His love for her is unwavering and it will determine his fate.

ZEL - I'm 100% sure Zero will be redeemed and I don't think Lumi or Eve need any kind of redemption, they're not evil characters.

Taka - Yes, I'm sure he will be redeemed in both routes, but hopefully not by being killed.

Sirius - Very unlikely. He is of the few characters whose backstory is still unknown, though, but I see a lot of what he did is unredeemable. 

Solaris - Unlikely but not impossible. He genuinely wants to destroy Reborn city. If he has some kind of redemption I'm sure it will be through sacrificing his life. 

Lin - Lin is a complete mystery. 

Aster & Eclipse - Technically they already had their redemption, and the same goes for Tara and Simon. It seems that most meteor grunts were "manipulated" in some degree to join the team.

Terra - I don't know if she will get a redemption, but we haven't seen the last of her. It is implied that she is related to Lin.

Dr. Sigmund - No. Maybe we will get his complete backstory explaining his character, but I don't see him being redeemed. Not even through death.

Blake - I don't think he really cares about team meteor objectives, so when things get bad enough I see him turning on team meteor, but I don't know if that really redeems him after trying to slowly kill all the people of Ametrine city.

Fern - Yes. Probably related to Florinia's own character development.

El - I don't know. 

Bennett - Definitely yes.

Amaria - I hope so. She was one of my favorite characters before I realized how terrible and toxic she is regarding her relationship with Titania. (yes she is a terrible person and needs to redeem herself and change that)

ZEL - No, after Zero felt that Lumi and Eve left, he immediately ran to Meteor's base in Agate. Personally, I don't see him resigning from team Meteor

Taka - Yes, absolutely. He doesn't support any of team Meteor's plans and in the Reshiram route he already redeemed.

Sirius - No, he's just a stereotype villain. 

Solaris - Maybe. I don't know how much he cares about his son. 

Lin - Yes. I believe she is only using team Meteor for own purposes (which we don't know yet). After she has achieved whatever she wants, she will abandon them.

Terra - Maybe. I think she is only involved in team Meteor, because it seemed funny. On the other hand, she is strongly connected with Lin. Probably, she will never leave Lin's side.

Dr. Sigmund - He doesn't share Meteor's views. He will probably be killed by Saphira.

Blake - No, just to bother Cal he won't leave team Meteor.

Fern - Yes, absolutely. Deep inside, he is good. Florinia will probably persuade him.

El - He's loyal to Arceus. 

Bennett - Yes, he has been misguided, but I think that he will fight team Meteor once he sees that it is a bad organisation.

I would just like to point out that maybe these characters shouldn't be put in the same group. I mean, even if they all are team meteor, we already know there's a difference between Solaris' Meteor and Lin's Meteor. If you read El's diary in the sanctum you will also know that he and Solaris may be somewhat justified, wrong means but maybe right purpose. And as of Lin, we don't know anything about her.  For all we know, she may be in a desperate attempt to save the world.  Also, In an alternate universe, Fern is the true hero and fights team meteor. There are so many missing parts in our storyline it is actually difficult to speak about redemption right now. We may be on the wrong side (right means but wrong purpose).