Reborn Mafia AMA Gauntlet

Daniel Blackworth

@NickCrash

Bro I got 3 votes. You got 8. Eviora is a certain pick, but she might decline it. My bet is on Soso. yeah I don't know why either. 

I will convince everyone to vote you

What happened and they linked you to Sosobean?

Ask @Mafioso Divergent

How do you keep your sanity?

Honestly I don't know
If you were to be acquited of any crime, which would you choose?

A Slaughter

@Psychic Bean Sheep

Were you excited for my questions

No

Did you hope i wasn't going to ask more questions

Yes

will you love for me be eternal

I hate you

nonotnootnootnoot

Fuck you

how many mor quest5ions will you answer

I don't know

is my question nice

No

do you bean

No

is this fun

No

do you cry

No

am i bean

Yes

who is bean

You

what is bean

You

where is bean

In somewhere around Asia

how much do you look forward to answering my questions

0%

what did i edit

Fuck you

go use your mafia skillz and do something

I will use it to kill you

why is my winrateso low

Because you suck

@NickCrash

How often do you change your profile picture?

I stayed with the first one (Gon's face) for almost an year, but then found one better, and today found another one better. Now I'm decided to stick with this one kek

@NickCrash

Have you read the last chapters on the ship?

Nope. I don't like reading mangas, but what I know is that another hiatus is coming soon

What do you think of Kurapika becoming OP?

Tbh I never liked Kurapika, but it was a great development to him

Spoiler

@Newt

why are you ignoring me

why are you not answering my questions

are there any questions you did not answer my questions

how do you feel right now

how long do you sleep

nootnoot

newnootnootnotnewt

how deoes abusing YOUR POWER FEELS

IS BULLYING ME SO GOOD

HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND MY QUESTIONS

@Newt AS LONG AS I BELIEVE IN IT. YOUR AMA IS NOT ENDING YET

EVIORA

CORSO

TECHIE JOHNATHAN

This voting phase actually lasted 3 days instead of 2. oof

But here are the results:

Corso 6

Nick 6

Jace 3

Eviora 3

Anti 3

Jonny 1

Amber 1

Sosobean 1

We have a tie, but since Corso told us he's busy with exams, here's the plan: we start with Nick's AMA, then skip the next voting phase and directly follow up with Corso's.

Sounds good? Well I hope it does cuz I'm using my mod powers to enforce this decision! Muhahahaha

@NickCrash looks like you're our next questionee! Please post a short (or long, your choice) intro post about yourself at your leisure, and after that the AMA is gonna last 5 days as usual~

Hello there,

My name is NickCrash, but you can call me Nick. This is me, stealing Corso's spotlight, and introducing my weird self to a bunch of people with whom I'm starting to create bonds of friendship. 

I discovered Reborn first when it was in its early stages (around episode 9 I think) but I dropped it for reasons I cannot recall. I think I was searching for fangames in general, and saw the elemental monkeys, thought they were hideous fakemons, and decided I wouldn't bother with any of that shit. Then a friend recommended the game once again when it was in episode 12_beta, so that's when I returned to give it another chance... and got stuck here ever since. I swiftly joined the forums, and became quite active. I used to be a lot in the "Pokemon Reborn" and the "Victory Road" sections, then branched off a bit to the "Onyx Arcade" and then back to the battlefield.

That was also when I made my first steps towards competitive battling. Gen5 was a bit weird and counter-intuitive (I had a break from gens 4 and 5) so I started playing OU with Snorlax and Venomoth. Then in gen6 I became much more active and successful, entered the big leagues, topped 1800s on the ladder and made a whole bunch of OU and Monotype teams (I have around 40 teams on showdown, all gen6 OU at the moment). Yep, I loved that gen. Meanwhile, college had started to become all the more demanding so my time on both the servers and showdown had to decrease slowly yet steadily to the point that in gen7 I no longer had the courage to learn the mons, playstyles and changes in gameplay in depth enough to be good enough. Well, gen7 in general and the Z-crystals were shit to begin with.

I had been an introvert since childhood, so entering the place was great for creating friends. I've had my moments here and there, quarrels with other members and friendships made, but all-in-all this place is a great community that has given me enough, and to some extend improved me. I've been around for quite some time without taking any responsibility for the place (which somewhat makes me salty) but I've seen many good people come and go. It was a bliss that I entered this place just as I entered college, because it was a haven whenever things turned out not to be so great in real life. 

This place, the Mafia Subforum, is one I didn't expect to be a part of at least initially, because I never tried roleplaying. I've played a bit of Salem before, but that's just for 30 minutes aggressively talking in a chat, without interacting with people you are going to speak with the next day(s) and get closer. In other words, this is a more human-like approach to a group game, which my weak social skills never expected to cope with. And, I kinda got proven right about this, since in my first game I got in a petty quarrel with Newt, who I thought was attacking me personally, and not in-character. 

Apart from all that, I also have a keen interest in video games. I was never fortunate enough to have more than a few PS2 games and my computer wears the pirate flag.
Since I was a child I was interested in chess, but once again, I returned to it just a bit before college. I'm not that good, I have to admit, since my knowledge of opening theory and end-games suffers greatly. 

I also read a lot of marvel comics, which turned out to be a good source of geek-knowledge about the movies that appear these days, which is kind of awesome.

This has been yet another wall of text (WOT™) by yours truly, Nick.

If you wish to ask me anything, now's the time. I will gladly accept any questions and answer to the best of my capabilities. 

If you've made it this far, I am obligated to salute thee.

• Like 2

Hi Nick. I told you you were going to be the next chosen ;)

1- What's your favorite game? And why?

2- What's your favorite anime? And why?

3- What's your favorite food? And why?

4- What's your favorite series? And why?

5- What's your favorite movie? And why?

6- What's your favorite waifu? And why?

7 - What's your favorite pokemon? And why?

8 - What's your favorite pokemon generation? And why?

9 - What's your favorite color? And why?

10 - What's your favorite song? And why?

11 - What's your favorite animal?  And why?

12 - What's your favorite super hero?  And why?

13 - What's your favorite musician?  And why?

14 - What's your favorite band? And why?

15 - What's your favorite subject in school?  And why?

16 - What's your favorite season?  And why?

17 - What's your favorite time of the day?  And why?

18 - What's your favorite kind of pizza?  And why?

19 - What's your favorite kind of icecream?  And why?

20 - What's your favorite Newt?  And why?

Ok enough favorite questions that I c+p!

21 - What's your in real life name?

22 - Where do you live?

23 - What do you think about me?

24 - What do you think about @Psychic Bean Sheep?

25 - What did you think about me when we had that fight back there?

26 - Make this test and show us the results https://www.16personalities.com/

27 - What do you think about our community, in general?

28 - How did you find a way here?

29 - How do you have such a nice beard?

30 - Nootnoot?

Ok enough questions for now. FOR NOW.

@Newt

1- What's your favorite game? And why?

Because of nostalgia, I'll have to go with "Sly Cooper: Band of Thieves", which was in PS2. It was animals in place of humans, and the 3 protagonists were a Raccoon, a Tortoise and a Hippo who belonged to the same band of thieves and tried to collect precious artifacts from a bigger crime syndicate that wanted to resurrect and evil god and take over the world. It has the right amount of great gameplay with action and puzzles, and story with quirky characters and development. This must be my younger self talking, but I really loved that game. 

2- What's your favorite anime? And why?

So far it's definitely "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". It has a great story unfolded, simple enough, yet making me want to skip meals to watch the next episodes. I've watched it 3 times already, which is already too many. What I loved the most were the carefully written characters and their believable interactions. You don't see that often in a genre targeted mostly at children. Close second is Hunter X Hunter, but the lack of effort by its creator has been irritating me (hiatus x hiatus). I also enjoyed Steins;Gate.

3- What's your favorite food? And why?

I usually don't value food as much as most people. I guess my favorite is a dish my grandma used to make, with Chicken, rice, mushrooms and a nice sauce that binded the flavors to each other. As for fast food, I do love me some thin crusty pizza with peperoni on top. 

4- What's your favorite series? And why?

I like Westworld. It was a complete series. I haven't watched that many. Sherlock was also nice, although season 4 was a superfluous intelligent turd.

5- What's your favorite movie? And why?

Watchmen. It occured to me that they were mashing a lot of comic history into a single film, but it was wonderfully made. The actors did a great job too (with the exception of the Owl and SilverSpectreJr) to portray the characters as close to the original material as possible (when i finally read it afterwards). Provides food for thought.

6- What's your favorite waifu? And why?

I don't understand the question. If you are asking me about my preference of anime girls in terms of sexiness, then I can't really answer that. Some artists make their characters look abnormal with their huge female regions. But if we're being honest, the DanganRonpa ones were designed to resemble hot women and were quite successful.

7 - What's your favorite pokemon? And why?

Ah, I have a lot of those. But I really had to elevate one of them to "favorite" status, that would be Toxicroak. It has a good design, being cute as Croagunk and then evolving to a more mature version while not deviating too much from the original design. It's also part Poison, which is a type I like, and it also has nice stats. I even made a team around it back in Gen6 OU to show everyone how stronk it can be. If anyone cares, I can find the thread.

8 - What's your favorite pokemon generation? And why?

That's also a hard one, since I am one of those that got into pokemon playing pokemon Yellow. I skipped gen2 because it was dumb (lol it's one of the best but 6yo Nick wouldn't accept being forced to play with lesser pokemon), then played gen3, and when I returned it was in the form of competitive battling. Thus, my view on generations reside purely on the pokemon themselves and not their respective regions and stories. That said, I think gen6 did the best job of balancing the metagame and providing variety. 

9 - What's your favorite color? And why?

Green. No idea why. 

10 - What's your favorite song? And why?

Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence

11 - What's your favorite animal?  And why?

Pangolins. Guess my fav pokemon from Gen1.

12 - What's your favorite super hero?  And why?

Venom. The symbiote has such a tragic backstory. It's a good guy who's been in the worst possible scenarios. It's a shame they never depicted that.

It's also a shame that the new Venom trailer has no Venom in it. I'm still looking forward for the film.

13 - What's your favorite musician?  And why?

I don't think I have any. If there's anyone whose work has been consistently nice to my ears, it's Sting.

14 - What's your favorite band? And why?

Bon Jovi is a great band, that could also be in the previous question, since their lead singer is called... Jean Francis Bon Jovi. Yet, technicalities ensure, forcing me to accept the name as that of the band. I enjoy hard rock and their songs are usually well thought in terms of lyrics, so yeah. Great band. Others are AC/DC, Metallica, and FiveFingerDeathPunch

15 - What's your favorite subject in school?  And why?

Biology. Something about understanding the way nature works outside of the crystal-clear maths world fascinated me. It was mainly observation of a complete organism waiting to be understood that led me to dig much deeper in what this little shit called life is all about.

16 - What's your favorite season?  And why?

Autumn. Winter is too cold where I live, and although low temperatures are great, my constant quarrels with my landlord about oil have made me hate the season due to my constant search for alternative methods to stay warm. However, if the temperature is moderately low and I can regulate it, I am the most productive, and that gives me joy.

17 - What's your favorite time of the day?  And why?

Night-time. It's peaceful. I can do whatever I want without being bothered by anyone. Good thing is I really only need 6h of sleep daily to be fully productive, so there's that. Otherwise, morning is also great to do stuff, since everyone's still sleeping and I can enjoy productivity without artificial light. Besides, swimming in the early morning is one of the best things in the world, during the summer.

18 - What's your favorite kind of pizza?  And why?

I've had many kinds of pizza, yet the best one is the thin with not so many toppings crunchy pizza that lets you feel the good quality of the cheese. 

19 - What's your favorite kind of icecream?  And why?

Not that fond of ice-cream, but I suppose peanut flavor is nice.

20 - What's your favorite Newt?  And why?

Not sure there are many types of Newt. I'm sure Sosobean can answer this in further detail, if they care enough to do so.

21 - What's your in real life name?

Νικόλαος

22 - Where do you live?

In Ioannina, Greece. 

23 - What do you think about me?

I don't think about you. You're a good fella, who can be temperamental at times. You sure are kind-hearted enough but mask it with humour. I'll need to dig deeper.

24 - What do you think about @Psychic Bean Sheep?

Sosobean is an interesting specimen. Weird to completely incomprehensible at times, yet some comments of his appear completely logical. It's amuzing that he's trying to be your friend in the most uncomfortable way, but certainly this is an effort to let steam off while taking no responsibility. We're all voices on the internet after all. 

25 - What did you think about me when we had that fight back there?

I thought you were trying to provoke me, and since I had been on a hiatus, I couldn't exactly pinpoint which was the limit for trashtalking in the forums. Thus, I tried to guilt-trip you there, while being confused whether you were actually attacking me or being in-character about it.

26 - Make this test and show us the results https://www.16personalities.com/

INTJ. Turbulent AF. I doubt those are accurate, but they are fun nonetheless.

27 - What do you think about our community, in general?

I believe I have answered that. If you're asking about the mafia community, I'd rather see it grow, since it hasn't reached a definite milestone.

28 - How did you find a way here?

I asked around.

29 - How do you have such a nice beard?

I hate trimming it. Fact is, I had a hormonal problem growing up, leading to early adolescence, with high testosterone levels in middle school. One aspect of that was early growth of facial hair. Another was early closure of the metaphyses, leading to shorter posture than possible. We gain some, we lose some.

30 - Nootnoot?

No.

Why did you ping me

Why did you not remove the ping

Nootnoot for life?

Do you have a lot of free time outside of working?

Why cant i remember a lot of stuff including the fight you had with newt

Why are you so unactive in discord

Are you ignoring me

Do you hate me

What do you think of newt ignoring my questions

Do you want me to to ask you what i did for newt

Why did you choose the name nick crash

Are you married

What is a gonkot

Why did you say i can answer whats your favorite newt

Why do you think i know a lot about newt

Should i ping you for absolutely no reason

What do you think of @Newt

Do you prefer newt or nootnoot

Have you been enjoying the games

Should i ask more questions?

How do you think newt felt when he saw my meaningful questions and couldn't answer them

Are you going to make a WALL OF TEXT in response to all my questions? PLEASE

Can you read quickly

What is your favorite mafia game here

Whats your favorite bean

Do you hate newt

Who do you think will be chosen after corso's ama

Do you want newt to ask more question

What do you think about winning your first game

How many times have i edited this post

BEAN OR NEWT

Edited by Psychic Bean Sheep

@Psychic Bean Sheep

1. Why did you ping me?

I didn't. Newt did.

2. Why did you not remove the ping?

Because nobody cares enough to ask me questions.

3. Nootnoot for life?

Maybe not for life.

4. Do you have a lot of free time outside of working?

Not as much as I'd like. I really wanted to play more video games, but things are hectic as of now. I just came home from work, it's 18:02 and I went there (late) today at 8:02.
I love it though, so even if I return tired, I still am energetic.

5. Why cant i remember a lot of stuff including the fight you had with newt?

Because we didn't actually fight. We had a back and forth of sarcastic retorts.

6. Why are you so unactive in discord?

Um, work mainly. Also, sometimes I can only log in to check if there are any new messages that might interest me and log off again. The chat gets too chaotic for me to follow. Sometimes I try. Sometimes I fail. Usually I steal time from sleeping to talk to you guys once in a while.

7. Are you ignoring me?

How did you end up with this result? Short answer is no.

8. Do you hate me?

I don't even know you well enough. 

9. What do you think of newt ignoring my questions?

You did spam a lot, so it's understandable. You can do much better than that. Read my review on you further up.

10. Do you want me to to ask you what i did for newt?

You are free to ask me whatever you want, mate. I am open to (almost) all sorts of questions. This is supposed to be a method of getting to know us better.

11. Why did you choose the name Nick Crash?

My name is Nick. Since I was a child and started playing video games, I fell in love with Crash Bandicoot. My mom used to mock me about it, so...

12. Are you married?

Did I insult you first? I am sorry if I did.

13. What is a gonkot?

Gonkot is my very own weird way of creating unique names for my characters. Almost always the name I wanted to use was taken, so I made my own.

14. Why did you say i can answer whats your favorite newt?

Because you seem to know Newt better than everyone else. Divergent even paired you in his Valentines Day Mafia Game (VDMG™)

15. Why do you think i know a lot about newt?

I do believe this has already been answered.

16. Should i ping you for absolutely no reason?

Don't be salty. It was not for no reason. You can ping me if you need me with anything.

17. What do you think of @Newt?

We both know you have already read my answers above and just wanted to ping him. It's only fair I keep the ping.

18. Do you prefer newt or nootnoot?

Nootnoot. 

19. Have you been enjoying the games?

Some more than others. I really enjoyed the last one in particular.

20. Should i ask more questions?

Sure.

21. How do you think newt felt when he saw my meaningful questions and couldn't answer them?

Bamboozled. A bit angry. Then went on to eat something.

22. Are you going to make a WALL OF TEXT in response to all my questions? PLEASE

Well your questions are very easy to answer. Since I am mentally prepared to take as many as you want to throw at me, I'd rather keep the answers short. If I feel emotional or eager to elaborate on a question you wish to ask me, probably also with specifics, it might be easier to provide you with walls of text. Usually people do not enjoy those, because of either a limited attention span, or the person is taking too long to get to the point, making the response really boring. Yet, some other times, the actual subject is boring, uninteresting, too graphic or simply irrelevant, thus indirectly encouraging them to bypass this answer and focus on the next one. I don't really know how you guys think (especially you), so I'd rather say this comes with a grain of salt, since everyone is different and thus unique. Also, I don't have enough time to delve on a subject too much right meow.

23. Can you read quickly?

Yes. 

24. What is your favorite mafia game here?

I believe it's too early to decide. Remember that this is my first season with these games and I am actively trying to read as much as I can from as little as I get. Thus the mental strain might sometimes limit my productivity in these games, thus first making me a target, and secondly not allowing me to enjoy it to the maximum. Right now, the most intriguing one was the time travelling one, since it included lots of changes in terms of data at any given moment. I had to keep a separate note sheet with everything that transpired just in case I miss anything. Also I was underestimating Newt's organization abilities, thus also keeping in mind the cases in which he could potentially mess up.

25. Whats your favorite bean?

Mr Bean

26. Do you hate newt?

No. Why would I?

27. Who do you think will be chosen after corso's ama?

Probably Eviora. Then she'll reject it. So it's going to be you.

28. Do you want newt to ask more question?

He can do whatever he likes.

29. What do you think about winning your first game?

I'm really happy. It was about time. Ever since Alistair reminded me not to put my trust too much in people here, I had a change in mindset and tried to work alone. I thought I could function as a main pillar for that game, and so I made use of what I had. Fortunately enough we won.

I believed in you when nobody else did.

30. How many times have i edited this post?

I don't have that kind of privilege. At least once.

30 is a nice number, don't you think?

Ok I'll try to ask some questions.

1) What do you think about plants? 

2) Do you have a favorite plant?

3) If I were a plant, would your opinion about me change? Why/Why not? Please elaborate.

4) What is your favorite drink?

5) I looked up in google the place where you live and it looks very pretty, do you like it?

6) Do you prefer swimming or biking?

7) Do you enjoy cooking?

8) What do you think about my questions?

Guest Sparkin'

What's your favorite part about mafia games?

Which alignment suits you the most?

What do you think of the acronym N.I.B?

What do you dream about?

If you could make the awesomest bot ever, what'd  you name it?