E17: Rust Thicker than Water (Community Release)

Amethyst

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a community release, which is only for the website members. You can play it.

Spoiler

It's in the 1st page.

Do report the bugs, if any, with the game function and make sure you don't shout it out anywhere in this thread or any other website till 1/1/18. Put every important content in spoilers tag(the eye symbol). Leave no clue about this episode without spoilers tag so that we don't end up easily leaking info about the game till public release is issued.

Not really dangerous. The developers will help you with them. It's just getting stuck in some places and the like, usually. Set max number of backups (which I shouldn't have forgotten) before playing in the options menu.

The developers are usually active on this thread. As of my knowledge, this is something like the official bug reporting thread for ep17. Don't know about the older one, which was for ep16.

30 minutes ago, Jack Atlas said:

Mmm, i think i will wait, i want to be absolutely sure 🤣 And in order to play e17 from e16 i Just have to download ep17 and play it, like the previous episodes right?

yup

On 9/12/2017 at 4:15 AM, ArgenHyuu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not sure if I should ask this here, but is the PBS already available for this release?

I saw a comment somewhere saying ame updated it after that person asked.

I would like to give three suggestions regarding ability "Surge Surfer"

1) It would be nice to get message that Surge Surfer was activated whenever we send Alolan Raichu into Short-circut-factory or water-surface fields, just so we know that our speed is doubled.

2) I find it odd that a pokemon whose ability activate on electrick terrain can't learn electrick terrain. Letting alolan Raichu learn this move during evolution or on specific level would be really nice.

3) Considering that ability "Surge Surfer" is useful only on specific terrains (and since electrick terrain is very rare ), I would like to suggest to improve this ability a little bit. Basically, pokemon with "Surge Surfer" ability can have 10%-15% chance to activate electrick terrain every turn. For example, every turn, there would be 1/10 or 1/7 chance for alolan Raichu to get 50% attack boost and 100% speed boost. kind of like a lucky boost (Raichu is frail in general so it can't stay on the field for long anyway, so it wouldn't be OP or anything).

Aside from those suggestions, I must applause the creativity put into this game.

Spoiler

Not only the idea of getting alolan pokemon by evolving them on an island area is great

, also the idea of 'Surge Surfer' working not only on electrick terrain, but also on water-surface and short-circut-factory is awesome. In SM game, this ability is practically worthless in the game, and it require team focused to support Raichu in competitive play, so it's nice to see that in reborn, it can come to play. (Not lossing speed on surface of the water is quite nice, though I didn't test it yet if it really works). Thus far, I have tons of fun with episode 17 and all creativity with alolan pokemon it brought.

Also, on a side note, considering that static is an useless ability when compared to lighting rod (30% chance to paralyze on contact moves on pokemon that have terribly low defense and poor hp is worthless when compared to ability to get boost from an electrick attack), I would like to suggest to maybe have static also reduce damage from contact moves from 100% to 75%, or maybe reduce recoil damage by 50% (to either make frail electrick pokemon survive longer, or use volt-tackle/wild-charge that depend on attack stats without lossing too much of their precious low hp). Maybe having static to get these boosts on specific terrains? Just something to make it more competitive with superior abilities.

Edited by CommanderX