[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse DC; God Eater Hunt/Hubworld: Hunting the Gods

GodofGamingRWBY

"Is it safe to step off now?" After receiving some sort of indication that it was, indeed, not going to result in him taking a nasty tumble, he gingerly stepped off the glider. He tried to orient himself in the general direction of other conversation and movement before speaking. "Tell me we at least caught Somatotrope. That would have made it worth doing your best to fry my ass, at least."

Satomi held her katana in her useless, blinded pose for a few more moments more. Then her hearing came back. Slowly lowering her katana inch by inch, Satomi started to listen to the conversations in the room and to figure out what was going on... apparently something had gone horribly wrong with Julie, and apparently they were going to get shot because of it... and that they were going to be leaving because of that. Then, her sight returned. Though her eyes were as deficient as they usually were, it was kind of hard to miss the extra devastation, and that went a good deal to convincing her to unsteadily walk over to the others. 

Then, a realization hit her. "Oh, kami, I don't see... ...she's gone, isn't she?" She gulped, and a horrified expression crossed her face as she thought further on it. "Whatever... whatever led to this, Julie is gone, and now we're just running with our tails between our legs, aren't we...?" Slowly, she slid her sword back into its sheath, and despite her complaint about this course of events, she sped up slightly and started to follow Harry and the others. "How... why did this all even happen? We hadn't even been-- we'd-- we'd finished fighting the Aragami and everything, so why...? I don't really understand how any of this..."

Frigus climb off his glider after Kusuke and then dissipates it.  He walked over to where the others were standing and thought for a minute.

"I think I may have just remembered something that could help here."

He wave his Keyblade over the several people suffering from blind/deafness quickly removing their ailments.

"There, that should help."

"That's better, at least." The note in his voice was rather frustrated and, well, defeated-sounding. "So Somatotrope's gone. We have caused an impressive amount of damage to a group that was at least nominally friendly to to us. And, because of the first thing, we've actually created an existential threat to this world, instead of actually preparing it. Spectacular." He resisted the urge to just flop down on the ground, shuffling after the group. "And I guess we're just going to walk away." Great. Not only do I miss the chance to get the actual strength I was looking for, I took something bad and made it ten times worse. Awesome. I'm great at this hero thing, huh.

Kusuke's complaints got a dolorous response from the samurai engineer girl. "...I... do you think there's any way we could stay, Kusuke-san? We can't, um, no, I just, um, leaving like this, it... it seems like we're doing something horribly wrong, both to the people here, and..." Satomi shut up for a few seconds, but she didn't actually stop walking. "But... I can't think of a way to argue against this too well... I suppose that makes me a terrible hypocrite. Can you think of a way to stay here and not make things worse...? I don't want to just flee and breach my Duty. But..."

She fell silent again. "Also, um... her name is... w-was? Julie. Not Somatotrope. If... if we're going to leave her, um, we can't shy away from her name..."

"Yes, Kusuke, we fucked it up. Sakaki said that Johannes would likely order our executions if we remained, but after while, probably months, he'll realize that we're necessary to fix the problem? Anyway, we failed spectacularly, so it kinda makes sense to cut our losses, build up resources, and come back with plans and contingencies. Better ones. If we stay, we might be taking away help to other worlds, and who knows if we've got the power to actually do anything right now." And here, Harry thought of an intriguing question. It seemed likely that Dr. Ebon was watching them somehow, and it seemed odd that Proditor had simply flown the bus without asking for a destination, and without training. And yet both times, they'd come to a place that needed immediate help, or a location where Ebon could show them something they needed to see.

"Proditor, do you choose where we're going when you drive? Or does the bus take us there 'randomly'? We've gotten to worlds that needed help and battle sites on our couple of tries already, so maybe the bus'll just stall if whatever's guiding us wants us to stick around?"

Proditor

After a few attempts, Harry would've gotten a reply from the Ethereal as he steeled himself once again, slowly rising from his position, "Understood" he replied to the Doctor before he refocused his mind on the Director's, already feeling it starting to clear and focus on the task at hand. It was extremely simple for Proditor to just turn his mind off for a second, causing the Director to fall back to the ground, unconscious.

Then, as he began to bring his mind back, he noticed the prone form of Lucille, laying in one of the corners, almost unmoving despite her creatures doing their best to get her moving. Proditor didn't even hesitate for a second as his body began to... Well, dissipate into blue mist, starting from the bottom of his robes to his helm. The mist itself traveled through the air, seeping through the cracks of the observation window into the room, before reforming into the room, staring down at Lucille for about a second before his helm opened. Instantly, Lucille would feel her body beginning to rise in the air, very gently, as the Ethereal began to carry her out of the room with his psionics and towards the bus.

As he did that, he also responded to Harry's question, "I simply get the bus to move and not destroy us during travel. There isn't much I can do to bring us to an exact destination. I would guess that it takes us to where we need to go, and I highly doubt it would stall if we were meant to stick around for now."

Calvera frowned to herself, looking at her companions. She had caused them pain, and even maimed their senses, even if it was temporary. A wave of dread washed over her face and mind, causing her to think. Maybe she should also stay. Along with Mirri... she did cause this mess, at least. Even though she was trying to help, she probably caused more issues than she did help. And that's been that way for awhile now. A tear came to her eye, as she felt her emotions flood her. She could feel herself almost drowning in it. The guilt. She thought of how she should face the issues she has caused, and try to resolve them here. Face the consequences, and maybe somehow better prepare humanity on this world, for the possible reckoning that is to come from Soma's return. She could help hold back the tide. Or she could die, taking her punishment for the damage and trouble she had caused. Her gaze met the floor, the single tear falling from her face, and silently splashing against the ground. Her mouth opened, as if to speak, but no noise came forth but a small strain. Eventually, she managed to speak. "I... maybe I should stay too... t-to help clean up this mess I... made."

Frigus looked back to the group.

"Look, bad decisions where made, but now we need to figure out if we're staying or leaving, and as much as it hurts me to say this I don't think we'll be able to achieve anything by staying."

He reached up and with a soft click pulled off his helmet revealing the concerned expression on his face.

"Does anyone know where Lucille is?  I can't imagine the explosion did anything good for her hearing."

Kusuke sighed. "It's all we can do for now. No need to leave people behind and get into more trouble. We'll find our way back here and correct our wrongs when people aren't trying to kill us for something out of our control. If we stay, we're going to end up fighting God Eaters, and potentially causing divides in them if some people think that killing us is wrong. There's not much we can do at the moment."

21 hours ago, DragonRage said:

"It doesn't feel right to leave these people after what we did to them, however unintentionally," Mirri states, "But if you believe we would be better suited by pulling out entirely for now, I bow to your judgment.  Mine has not been the most reliable of late."

Jun nodded at Mirri's direction before she said "Yeah, I feel that's probably best for now. We've caused enough problems that we have no solid plans to solve, so for now we need to cut our losses, try to learn from our mistakes, and win the day next time". She then walked away from Mirri to try and get a better look at Kusuke and Frigus for a few moments after they finally returned, and as she was waiting for the right moment to thank Frigus for her efforts she heard Calvera say something about wanting to stay behind and help out....somehow. And of course Jun really had no choice but to say "Didn't you hear the bit where I told a competent soldier, and engineer who can actually directly alter the way people thought of her that her staying her wouldn't be a good idea because she had no real plan and seemed to be considering it only because it seemed to be a good way to try and quell her feelings of guilt? Because I don't think that you staying behind would help"

"I... I- o-okay..."

Calvera nodded, her frown persisting. This time, tears let loose upon her face. She would quickly shuffle her way back the way she came. Back to the bus. Once aboard, she proceeded to find a nice quiet spot on the bus to contemplate her place. To contemplate her power, and how to wield it appropriately. She has a lot of... raw ability, and she needed to learn to control it. To harness it properly. Her tears continuing their slow rolls down her face, as she waited to depart. Mentally, she was not ready for what was certain to be a lot of yelling, or lecturing for her not to do that stuff again.

"Aw, Sithspit.  Look, kid...  Are you younger 'n me?  You look it, so I'm gonna assume I can take the venerable position of crusty old lady who's seen some action here," Having headed back to the bus after her talk with Jun, Mirri clanks over to Calvera and goes down on one knee next to the incarnate star.  "Look, we screwed up pretty hard.  It happens.  Nobody's got a perfect record, least of all me.

"I ever tell you about my mission on Fondor?  Had to be about fifteen years ago.  I was young, stupid, and heavily armed, in pursuit of this industrial spy named Tonca Etser.  He was getting away, and worth about as much dead as alive, so I decided I'd turn a stiff in for my bounty.  I took a shot, but it turned out the big tank behind him wasn't antifreeze like it was labeled.  The thing was full of high hydrocarbon aviation fuel, and it went off like a concussion missile.  The explosion disintegrated Etser, trashed a dozen transports parked nearby, and put an eight meter deep hole in the landing platform.  I ended up having to flee the planet ahead of the local authorities; I still can't show my face there.

"Point is, I learned from that mission.  To check my targets more carefully, and not fire unless I'm absolutely certain whatever I'm shooting at can backstop my attacks.  I traded in that Tenloss disruptor rifle I'd been packing for something lower powered, and made sure to check my shots carefully.  Dead or alive is well and good, but nonlethals are a heck of a lot more likely to avoid collateral damage.

"Everyone makes mistakes kid.  It's part of existing.  Even if you hide in this bus for the rest of your life, you'll be making a mistake.  You'll be hiding from your problems instead of facing them with honor.  Running and hiding aren't always a bad choice, but nobody can do either forever.  So you dropped the ball.  You aren't the only one.  So get up, put your face back on, and get better.  Get some weapons that are easier to control than those beams of yours, so you don't have to worry so much about firing indoors next time.  Learn what usually can and can't backstop your attacks.  Think of things that you could have done to change the outcome of that fight, and then learn to do them.

"And then, the next time you find yourself in this kinda tight spot you'll be ready.  You'll have what you need to come out successful.  Everyone makes mistakes.  Fools allow themselves to repeat their mistakes."  Mirri stands up again, and starts walking off.  "So are you a fool or not?  Sithspit, I'm no good at this wise old lady thing.  That probably all came out wrong..."

Calvera didn't really make eye contact with Mirri through her speech. Though she felt every word, and listened intently. Through the tears, and through the bad thoughts. It must've been a couple minutes of solid mental processing, before Calvera gave almost any sort of reaction to Mirri. She sat up, albeit a bit slouched, and wiped the tears from her face. She tried to steady her breathing, but to no avail. Calvera turned her face, sniffling, and faced Mirri. She gave a small, and brief smile, and nodded. Her mouth opened, but no words came out. Her vocal chords failed her yet again, and she simply closed her lips, and nodded a slow nod again.

While the effects weren't obvious, Mirri could tell Calvera was at least... a bit better off than she was before. At least, not the crying mess from before. Her breathing was still a tad ragged, and tears occasionally rolling down her already tear-streaked face. But, she continued to wipe them away. Calvera chuckled softly, before surprisingly cracking a joke. "I'm pretty sure... I got several billion years on you... but it's hard to tell with... with that armor." A small smile came upon her face, as she continued to look at Mirri. While the contents of her speech alluded Calvera for the most part, she understood the message.

Satomi sighed mournfully at Kusuke's reasoning, but nodded her head -- even if reluctantly, she had given herself over to the idea of leaving at this point. "...right. Damn. I'll follow right along with you all then..." She put a hand to her forehead, because agreeing to retreat put her through all sorts of things -- shame at failing so thoroughly in keeping aware of things because of her obsession, failing to carry through her Duty, the shame and lack of Courage of leaving... and, most of all, feeling like she was betraying the girl who had taken off her mask for her. "I... I'm sorry, Julie. I'm sorry..."

With that apology given, Satomi moved off to the bus while she still could, and when she was onboard she sat down and brought her knees to her chest. She wasn't crying, though, as she was looking out the windows at the (occasionally blurry) bay, waiting to see if she would have to spring back into some sort of combat.

"Since we seem to be in agreement."

Frigus reached up and put his helmet back on.

"I guess everyone should make their way back to the bus sooner rather than later."

With that(and assuming no objection) Frigus went to find everyone he could and tell them everyone was meeting at the bus to leave and help them get back there if needed.

Due to the panic and chaos caused by the undignified exit of Somatostatin, it was really hard for anyone to truly stop the group as they headed back up to the Engineering Bay, before piling on into the bus. Proditor himself let Lucille float in first, setting her down on one of the seats before taking the helm of the bus, bringing it to life as his hands went to work on the controls..

And then, with a small turn and sudden burst of speed, the Bus went forward, flashing out of the Engineering Bay and into the slightly familiar traveling phase of the Bus's interdimensional jump, leaving the Fenrir base behind as they went off to whatever kind of new type of problem awaited them.

The Party has now left the God Eater verse and moved back into the Bus... For now. Thank you all for putting up with me for now.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY